Account

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 07, 2024, 08:17:52 am

Login with username, password and session length

Resources

Recent posts

[May 03, 2024, 11:54:46 pm]

[April 22, 2024, 03:40:53 am]

[April 21, 2024, 12:02:54 pm]

[April 06, 2024, 02:26:25 am]

[March 08, 2024, 12:13:38 am]

[March 08, 2024, 12:13:13 am]

[March 08, 2024, 12:12:54 am]

[December 30, 2023, 08:00:58 pm]

[February 04, 2023, 11:46:41 am]

[December 25, 2022, 11:36:26 am]
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 5   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Adjust the Price of BARS  (Read 27774 times)
31stPzrGrenadier Offline
EIR Regular

« on: November 17, 2008, 12:21:09 pm »

Here is a replay from a half completed game cause of desync. My internet was laggy.

BARS are underpriced and needs a price increase. Observe that the allied units had very little vet against a very well vetted army. Combined Arms and all.

Take note there were very little volks as well in this entire game.

[attachment deleted by admin]
Draygon Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #1 on: November 17, 2008, 12:28:53 pm »

BARs price is perfect right now.  The problem is that Axis went so long without having to really worry about bars (because they were way to expensive) that you guys forgot how to counter them correctly.  When you do this again, Bars will be less effective. 
salan Offline
Synergies TL2 mod!

« Reply #2 on: November 17, 2008, 12:34:11 pm »

i agree with draygon, hopefully eirrmod will understand the balance of having more Bars vrs less.

interesting arguments .. raise bars, lower volks.. mmmm

I would note that this war has changed attacking sides more regularly then any of the previous ones under the same attack/defend formula.

might be something actually balanced there?

Falcon333 Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #3 on: November 17, 2008, 12:38:16 pm »

Yea, I agree with you completely...

"Chance favors the prepared mind"
31stPzrGrenadier Offline
EIR Regular

« Reply #4 on: November 17, 2008, 12:41:50 pm »

Changing tides of battle proves nothing.

You have to look into the QUALITY of the players playing on each side. Unless you can tell me there is an EQUAL distribution of skilled players on both sides, it proves nothing.

And if you want to say that this war is better, the territories are now heavily in allies favour. There is a difference of 420 Territories, under the old conventional 900 territory system, this places the axis at 240. This means that the axis faction appears to be DISADVANTAGED!!!

But that isn't true.

BAR price is not perfect. It was cheap enough for me not to think about its effect. I could have it often enough and it stopped one complete charge and won a few other small skirmishes. That charge could have won them the game.

I only activated suppressing fire on one rifleman ONLY. You can check the replay. I distinctively remembered activating one only. I apologise if I'm wrong. And it suppressed the whole crowd.

While BAR is effective, I don't deny that and it is needed to a certain extent, it should not be so freely available. Push up 75 munitions to 85 or 90.

And BARs were perhaps just SLIGHTLY overpriced previously. I used them often enough and they are good. If you think that one rifleman with BAR suppressing a whole blob of vet 2 & 1 grenadiers and that the frequency of BARs on the field are so high... and that this is fine then I have nothing to say.
Krazytym
« Reply #5 on: November 17, 2008, 12:53:20 pm »

BAR's are not that overpriced. They have that one time suppression (basically, who ever gets to use it the 2nd time?) and if you drop a BAR and pick it up later,  you dont get that anymore. LMG? Even if it takes a few seconds, you can still use suppression after it being dropped. I wish the axis would stop whining about BAR's for godsakes, its the only good thing we've got. I've seen where you put Mp40's on all volks and just rush them, lmg's and schrecks on grens. Please, as effective as schrecks are, i seriously think they need a price raise because they pwn my tanks.

BARs are ok, the allies are so limited in the upgrades we get and you allies keep wanting to take them away from us. Leave the allies alone for god sakes. We're already at a disadvantage and now we're actually doing well and I keep hearing all these complaints because you lose some vet. Well...how dou think i feel when i lose a vet 2 .30 cal in a house to a rocket from a nebel getting a lucky shot or heat seekign schrecks following my tanks once i run out of range or gettin pak sniped on my at guns and i cant even fire back because of the accuracy imbalance. Anyway, there's way more things wrong with axis stuff than allied.
Thtb Offline
The German Guy
EIR Veteran

« Reply #6 on: November 17, 2008, 12:56:02 pm »

Bars are underpriced.

salan Offline
Synergies TL2 mod!

« Reply #7 on: November 17, 2008, 12:57:02 pm »

teh suppression effect of the bars is a different matter sadly, I think we can all agree on that one.

The allied infantry NEED bars to compete.  It has been proven enough times that without it the allies are mince.  It is the bread and butter of their ability to compete, that and their vet adding dmg, with the german superior weapon choices.

The sad truth is, unless the bar suppression was removed and bought as an activated use, it comes as a package deal, and the allies NEED the bars to be able to balanced, hence global upgardes vrs individual upgrades in vanilla.
Krazytym
« Reply #8 on: November 17, 2008, 01:00:21 pm »

teh suppression effect of the bars is a different matter sadly, I think we can all agree on that one.

The allied infantry NEED bars to compete.  It has been proven enough times that without it the allies are mince.  It is the bread and butter of their ability to compete, that and their vet adding dmg, with the german superior weapon choices.

The sad truth is, unless the bar suppression was removed and bought as an activated use, it comes as a package deal, and the allies NEED the bars to be able to balanced, hence global upgardes vrs individual upgrades in vanilla.

totally agree. There's a reason why the bar and sticky are global in vcoh vs indiviual schrecks and lmg's even for the PE and with mp44. Their weapons are better. Leave my allies alone!!! just because we can actually win games now doesn't mean you change stuff.
salan Offline
Synergies TL2 mod!

« Reply #9 on: November 17, 2008, 01:02:08 pm »

gotta remember in vanilla tym, you have a cost associated to use the bar suppression, which really isn't represented here.
CommanderNewbie Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #10 on: November 17, 2008, 01:06:13 pm »

There's a reason why the bar and sticky are global in vcoh vs indiviual schrecks and lmg's even for the PE and with mp44. Their weapons are better. Leave my allies alone!!! just because we can actually win games now doesn't mean you change stuff.

Poor perspective for balance discussion...

CommanderNewbie - Allied
Prydefalcn - Axis
MasonDon Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #11 on: November 17, 2008, 02:28:46 pm »

Bars are underpriced.

Thank you for your insightful and extremely meaningful contribution.

The contribute:

As it stands, BARS should either go two ways:

Slight 5-10 mun increase, MAYBE decrease suppression recharge.

Keep the Prices the same, add a 10 mun purchasable ability for a 2 use suppression fire, 1 minute recharge.

89th Armor Division Commander
"Never fight with an Idiot. He'll drag you down to his level and beat you by experience."
Newb Company Setup Guide
Official Stupid Picture poster
Mysthalin Offline
Tired King of Stats

« Reply #12 on: November 17, 2008, 02:33:58 pm »

MasonDonn has the best view of BARs.
Even though I'm more of an allied player, I must agree allies ARE overpowered, with airborne being underpowered(armor skirts on vet 2 tanks make RRs cry).
That would be all.

Thtb Offline
The German Guy
EIR Veteran

« Reply #13 on: November 17, 2008, 02:35:37 pm »

Mason i just dont want to writte up another list of obvious things, already busy in to many other thread, so I just quickly post my opionion and left.
MasonDon Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #14 on: November 17, 2008, 02:36:15 pm »

You know what I find funniest? Im an allied player, and I have the best view on BARs. Maybe its because since we use them, we have a good idea on how well they work, and how they should be balanced. Thats why i recommend all future people who cry NERF to use that tank/unit/upgrade for a few games, and see how you would balance it according to that.
RedDevilNarref Offline
EIR Regular

« Reply #15 on: November 17, 2008, 02:40:12 pm »

10 mun 2 uses of supression?? lol i think everybody would buy it on all his riflemen with bars, i think that bars shouldnt have the supression ability its too unbalancing, axis dont have anything like it, and its allows a riflemen squad to kill a grens or even KHC squad easily.
salan Offline
Synergies TL2 mod!

« Reply #16 on: November 17, 2008, 02:46:56 pm »

10 mun 2 uses of supression?? lol i think everybody would buy it on all his riflemen with bars, i think that bars shouldnt have the supression ability its too unbalancing, axis dont have anything like it, and its allows a riflemen squad to kill a grens or even KHC squad easily.

axis mgs shouldn't suppress like they do, the allies have nothing like it..

kinda faulty argument don't you think?
MasonDon Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #17 on: November 17, 2008, 02:53:49 pm »

Did you even read the rest of the thread?

Allies NEED the suppression ability to stand much of a chance against the axis.
RedDevilNarref Offline
EIR Regular

« Reply #18 on: November 17, 2008, 03:04:37 pm »

i'm not answering u salan, because its your first time playing coh, or u just want to make this topic useless.

and manson dog i've readed the rest of the thread, but let me tell you that saying the same things once and again dont make it true, allies dont need that suppresion ability, just dont use riflemen against everything.
Falcon333 Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #19 on: November 17, 2008, 03:07:00 pm »

allies dont need that suppresion ability, just dont use riflemen against everything.

What do you want me to use? Engineers?
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 5   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

TinyPortal v1.0 beta 4 © Bloc