Account

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 06, 2024, 11:39:07 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Resources

Recent posts

[May 03, 2024, 11:54:46 pm]

[April 22, 2024, 03:40:53 am]

[April 21, 2024, 12:02:54 pm]

[April 06, 2024, 02:26:25 am]

[March 08, 2024, 12:13:38 am]

[March 08, 2024, 12:13:13 am]

[March 08, 2024, 12:12:54 am]

[December 30, 2023, 08:00:58 pm]

[February 04, 2023, 11:46:41 am]

[December 25, 2022, 11:36:26 am]
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Adjust the Price of BARS  (Read 27770 times)
MasonDon Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #20 on: November 17, 2008, 03:10:23 pm »

i'm not answering u salan, because its your first time playing coh, or u just want to make this topic useless.

and manson dog i've readed the rest of the thread, but let me tell you that saying the same things once and again dont make it true, allies dont need that suppresion ability, just dont use riflemen against everything.

Red, how about this: Go play allies. Go play for about 5 games, then  see how fucked we are without BARs. Dont use rifles against everything? Rifles are the only non-doctrine VIABLE infantry unit we have. Rangers are meh against infantry unless they have tommy's, and AB need nades and vet.

89th Armor Division Commander
"Never fight with an Idiot. He'll drag you down to his level and beat you by experience."
Newb Company Setup Guide
Official Stupid Picture poster
UnLimiTeD Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #21 on: November 17, 2008, 03:12:07 pm »

Or Raid Assault.

Grin

As biased as this discussion is already, we should include doctrines Wink
Add the Grief.
!

Grief +1

Hey, it's not going to happen
RedDevilNarref Offline
EIR Regular

« Reply #22 on: November 17, 2008, 03:16:36 pm »

allies dont need that suppresion ability, just dont use riflemen against everything.

What do you want me to use? Engineers?

to say i agree or, thinks like that or salan did, i think u shouldn't post, but anyway for your information, rangers with smg DESTROY axis infatry, u can also use mortars, crocodiles, cal.30, and yes engeniers with flamethrowers are great agaist KHC but if u dont want it its ur problem, oh and also u can use grenades.

And riflemen with bars, without supression, can kill volsk very easily and are a good enemy agaist grens, ok they cant kill KHC but they are a little cheaper dont u think?
« Last Edit: November 17, 2008, 03:22:57 pm by RedDevilNarref » Logged
salan Offline
Synergies TL2 mod!

« Reply #23 on: November 17, 2008, 03:18:36 pm »

I'm new here, I know nothing, red is right. Wink

stumpster Offline
Honoured Member

« Reply #24 on: November 17, 2008, 03:20:30 pm »

I'm going to restate my suggestion from the Phase One Balancing thread:

- Rifle BAR changed as follows:  Suppression Fire is changed to a three-minute cooldown.  When the Rifle squad comes on, Suppression Fire is ON COOLDOWN.  This means that the Rifle squad would have three minutes before it could use SF for the first time.  This helps balance out the low Munition price of the BAR, but keeps the SF ability widely available.

Step out of the way. He'll keep going until he hits a wall, that being Akranadas. Let him go unmolested, his journey will take less time.
salan Offline
Synergies TL2 mod!

« Reply #25 on: November 17, 2008, 03:21:55 pm »

its probably the best fix.
MasonDon Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #26 on: November 17, 2008, 03:22:27 pm »

Yes, with SMGs they own. But SMGS are 180 mun, on top of the rangers 90 mun cost.
Mortars?
Need LOS, easily sniped/counter-mortared, need to actually KNOW where they are
Crocs?
PAKs, shrecks, fausts, More crocs = less tanks
30 cal?
Shitty supression, mortared, sniped
Flamer engies?
Supressed almost instantly by anything, killed extremely quickly
Nades?
That squad is going to die/retreat, not to mention they need to be suppressed for a decent effect or they will move.

What your describing are specialized units. So, as allies, we should only use specialized counters, and not general units?

Also, tbh, you shouldnt tell us to stop posting. You should stop posting.  Your not thinking too well into this.
Unkn0wn Offline
No longer retired

« Reply #27 on: November 17, 2008, 03:26:30 pm »

I agree with stumpster.
UnLimiTeD Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #28 on: November 17, 2008, 03:27:32 pm »

Mason, the game was full.....

I disagree with everything RedDevil says X-D
RedDevilNarref Offline
EIR Regular

« Reply #29 on: November 17, 2008, 03:31:51 pm »

So you think that infatry with abbility to supress is the only think that allies can do against axis, ok i've nothing more to say here.
Just one thing i say to stop posting only to thoose who were spamming or saying stupid questions
MasonDon Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #30 on: November 17, 2008, 03:33:16 pm »

Devil, If I cant explain it to you, noone can.
Falcon333 Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #31 on: November 17, 2008, 03:35:17 pm »

Well, basicly in most cases, suppresion is followed quickly by death/retreat, I'm not saying it's perfectly balanced as is, but taking away the ability to suppress completely would be imo a bit over...

"Chance favors the prepared mind"
jordanamdahl Offline
EIR Regular

« Reply #32 on: November 17, 2008, 04:54:29 pm »

BARs do not need any rebalancing whatsoever.  They have some advantages over axis, but suppression fire is easily countered by spreading units.  Other than suppression, Bars are clearly inferior.

News from the front:
Acting like a brick wall against the incoming axis flood, the 502nd Airborne (OneOhOne) division stands alone in success. With their last 5 battles all ending in an Axis withdrawl and 6 strongholds successfully defended...
PPLAaxis Offline
EIR Regular

« Reply #33 on: November 17, 2008, 08:18:26 pm »

BAR's are not over priced.  they are one of the few advantages that allies have and it make rifle relatively usefull.  Bars allow rifle to counter KCH amd LMG's and if you complain about the supression then just spread your infantry out and it wont be all that effective
Mysthalin Offline
Tired King of Stats

« Reply #34 on: November 18, 2008, 12:24:57 am »

BAR's are not over priced.  they are one of the few advantages that allies have and it make rifle relatively usefull.  Bars allow rifle to counter KCH amd LMG's and if you complain about the supression then just spread your infantry out and it wont be all that effective
BAR suppresion does not work in an area, it works on a squad that's being fired upon.

RedDevil, for someone who's joined like 2 weeks ago you sure got a cheek for calling someone who even organised a persistant TOURNAMENT(with a seperate website and everything) and was a sole balancer of this mod a noob...
In other words - you're an idiot, go die!

Thtb Offline
The German Guy
EIR Veteran

« Reply #35 on: November 18, 2008, 06:05:08 am »

QFT Myst-

Unkn0wn Offline
No longer retired

« Reply #36 on: November 18, 2008, 06:08:37 am »

who even organised a persistant TOURNAMENT
He wasn't alone in that, nor did he come up with it.

/rage.
 Tongue
Mysthalin Offline
Tired King of Stats

« Reply #37 on: November 18, 2008, 06:30:39 am »

who even organised a persistant TOURNAMENT
He wasn't alone in that, nor did he come up with it.

/rage.
 Tongue

Organisation =/= single handed bringing up. Smiley.
It was rather universaly acknowledged as Salan's tournament, though.
RedDevilNarref Offline
EIR Regular

« Reply #38 on: November 18, 2008, 07:59:00 am »

[/quote]
BAR suppresion does not work in an area, it works on a squad that's being fired upon.

RedDevil, for someone who's joined like 2 weeks ago you sure got a cheek for calling someone who even organised a persistant TOURNAMENT(with a seperate website and everything) and was a sole balancer of this mod a noob...
In other words - you're an idiot, go die!
[/quote]

first, ¿what the hell makes u think u know anything about me?
second, u should read before post, since I didnt called anybody noob  Wink
And i know that suppression, doesnt work in area, but i just think that suppressing , killing a KHC squad its just too much for a riflemen squad, just because they have BARs
UnLimiTeD5 Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #39 on: November 18, 2008, 08:14:30 am »

They wont kill it on their own, they will just supress them.
Killing pinned troops is certainly hard, and only supressed KCH will still rip a riflesquad.
Also it's mostly a 1 use ability(long cd).
KCH can kill all the time.
I think 80 munitions is also a little low for a grenadiersquad to kill riflesquads with only 1 man left.

And they are referring to this:
i'm not answering u salan, because its your first time playing coh, or u just want to make this topic useless.

Salan set up a failed Tournament, the TLS roleplay campaign, and was sole balancer of this mod for several weeks.
« Last Edit: November 18, 2008, 08:16:34 am by UnLimiTeD5 » Logged

the wanted to say EiR not SiR (Salans Is Ruining)
A stunning example of the level of argumentation on the boards.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

TinyPortal v1.0 beta 4 © Bloc