Account

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 21, 2024, 11:34:40 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Resources

Recent posts

[March 08, 2024, 12:13:38 am]

[March 08, 2024, 12:12:54 am]

[March 08, 2024, 12:09:37 am]

[December 30, 2023, 08:00:58 pm]

[February 04, 2023, 11:46:41 am]

[December 25, 2022, 11:36:26 am]

[December 14, 2022, 12:10:06 am]

[September 22, 2022, 06:57:30 am]

[August 22, 2022, 05:10:35 pm]

[May 26, 2022, 10:13:22 am]
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Best buffs?  (Read 3698 times)
nugnugx Offline
Donator

« on: August 03, 2011, 01:32:11 am »

What do you think is the best buff for inf and  tank/ vehs?

Offensive or Defensive ?    More damage , More HP,  rec damage ,  rec accuracy,  more accuracy, rec suppression, recieved damage ?

IMO HP is a nice buff since you always have it from the start, wish we had some more HP buffs on inf.

AmPM Offline
Community Mapper

« Reply #1 on: August 03, 2011, 01:35:15 am »

Depends entirely on the unit and how you plan to employ it.

RikiRude Offline
Donator

« Reply #2 on: August 03, 2011, 01:58:08 am »

such a broad question.

something like the churchill croc would benefit more from defensive buffs since it already does great damage with its flamer and main gun.

but a unit like a P4 or sherman, depending on how you use it will determine what would be better. i believe if you use your sherman more defensively or to attack other tanks, then more damage is better, because you wont be getting shot as much and you want better damage and penetration. but if you are going to use it to assault a position, speed and hp will matter more.

Quote from: Killer344
Killer344: "Repent: sory no joke i just had savage diorea"
... or a fat ass cock sucking churchill being stupid
Smokaz Offline
Honoured Member

« Reply #3 on: August 03, 2011, 07:04:22 am »

Well the best defensive buff for infantry and light vehicles is received accuracy.

Light vehicles and infantry won't usually be hit by scatter hits thus a miss is a miss, allowing them to fight longer.

The best offensive buff is weapon-dependent. Damage % for tank turrets, at guns and shreks is fairly useful. Accuracy is good for smgs and burst firing weapons.

Offensive buffs for tanks and vehicles in general its much harder to decide. Penetration for allied units seems very powerful since axis armor except KT/Jagd survives by armor and not by health.

SlippedHerTheBigOne: big penis puma
SlippedHerTheBigOne: and i have no repairkits
SlippedHerTheBigOne: ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Mysthalin Offline
Tired King of Stats

« Reply #4 on: August 03, 2011, 07:12:06 am »

Accuracy is good for smgs and burst firing weapons

No, accuracy is good for rifles and other single-fire weapons that are likely to maintain long range and require too large increments in damage to become more efficient at actually killing shit.

Damage is great on SMGs and other burst-fire weapons, however, while accuracy is fairly useless on them, as they generally do fight at short range, with medium and long accuracy modifiers being simply too severe to matter being buffed.
« Last Edit: August 03, 2011, 07:14:09 am by Mysthalin » Logged

Smokaz Offline
Honoured Member

« Reply #5 on: August 03, 2011, 07:14:51 am »

No, accuracy is good for rifles and other single-fire weapons that are likely to maintain long range and require too large increments in damage to become more efficient at actually killing shit.

Damage is great on SMGs and other burst-fire weapons, however.

No need to be so extreme. Accuracy for MGs is pretty good. Doesn't matter if 300 % damage is given to a kar98 gets if it's hitting 1/3 of the time at long range.

Range is a important factor, you are right to mention that. Accuracy is king against green cover and long range.
Mysthalin Offline
Tired King of Stats

« Reply #6 on: August 03, 2011, 07:17:31 am »

Accuracy for MGs is actually fairly useless for the better part of it. Only reason my Heavy Support MG42s would do so much better with focus fire was not as much because of the increased accuracy (although it was a massive 1.9 to accuracy), but because of the lack of suppression - which meant the enemy units wouldn't be put into pinned states where they recieve 0.5 acc and 0.5 dmg from the MG42.
Hicks58 Offline
Development

« Reply #7 on: August 03, 2011, 07:18:49 am »

For tanks, you'll be wanting a combination of penetration, damage, accuracy and reload/cooldown. The most important of these will depend upon the tank in question. For example, a Tiger already does a (relatively speaking) extremely high level of damage and penetration, with a reasonably good reload. However, accuracy, particularly at long range, would go a long way for a Tiger as moving accuracy at long range is junk, sitting accuracy isn't too great either.

On the other hand, for something like a PzIV or a Sherman, penetration and reload would be more important than damage and accuracy if you wanted to let it fight other tanks, while damage and accuracy would be more important for fighting against infantry.

That, is just looking at two different types of tanks, and offensive statistics alone. As you can imagine, this can become incredibly complicated incredibly fast if you want to look at everything from every angle.

I mean I know Obama was the first one in EiR to get a card. and tbfh the Race card is pretty OP. but Romney has the K.K.K., those guys seem to camo anywhere. So OP units from both sides.
At the end of the day, however, stormtroopers finally got the anal invasion with a cactus they have richly deserved for years.
Smokaz Offline
Honoured Member

« Reply #8 on: August 03, 2011, 07:18:53 am »

Just realized that I wrote: "The best offensive buff is weapon-dependent. "

So yeah myst, please continue. I'll be elsewhere.
deadbolt Offline
Probably Banned
EIR Veteran

« Reply #9 on: August 03, 2011, 09:04:04 am »

THE BEST OFFENSIVE BUFF IS A GOOD DEFENSIVE BUFF.

BOOOOOOOOM

DERDBERT
Like Jesus, Keeps died for us

He made a funny thread for bear, and got banned.

Now bear makes his own funny thread. It's unsurprisingly not funny.

Keeps died for our funny threads.
SaintPauli Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #10 on: August 03, 2011, 10:17:29 am »

I’m mostly playing Axis so I will only provide my input here:

Best Wehrmacht tanks = Terror T4 Rolling Thunder.
Best Wehrmacht infantry = Defensive dual T3 officer buff (top+middle)
Best  Wehrmacht combo of tank and infantry = Blitz T4 Battle Hardened.
Best  Wehrmacht artillery = Defensive Dual T3 (middle+lower) 

Best PE Tanks = Tank Hunters T4 APRC 
Best PE infantry = Luftwaffe T4 Crete Veterans or Dual T3 (top+lower)
Best PE combo of tank and infantry = Tank Hunters T4 APRC + Stalingrad Veterans. 
Best  PE artillery = dual T3 (middle+lower)

BigDick
« Reply #11 on: August 03, 2011, 12:30:32 pm »

less received accuracy is the best buff for infantry
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

TinyPortal v1.0 beta 4 © Bloc