Account

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 04, 2024, 02:14:32 am

Login with username, password and session length

Resources

Recent posts

[Yesterday at 11:54:46 pm]

[April 22, 2024, 03:40:53 am]

[April 21, 2024, 12:02:54 pm]

[April 06, 2024, 02:26:25 am]

[March 08, 2024, 12:13:38 am]

[March 08, 2024, 12:13:13 am]

[March 08, 2024, 12:12:54 am]

[December 30, 2023, 08:00:58 pm]

[February 04, 2023, 11:46:41 am]

[December 25, 2022, 11:36:26 am]
Pages: [1] 2   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Airborne - the state of?  (Read 8136 times)
Armormaven Offline
EIR Regular

« on: October 14, 2011, 05:05:04 pm »

Before I make some broad and sweeping indictment on how piss poor the new airborne are I thought I would ask what others impression of airborne is? 

I played about five games with them before deleting my company when it became obvious to me anyway that airborne wins NO battles.

I have had airborne RR wiped out by Ostwinds, Panthers, and PIV.  At first I thought this was because I was equipping them with the LMG so I took those off.  Same result.  I had two squads of airborne firing rear shots at an unskirted Panther which I hit at least four times and barely did 25% damage - certainly not even half. 

AS for the rifles, mortars and mg the standard Wehrmacht grenade kills five of six rifles and an entire support team. 

Seriously, I believe the devs nerfed the airborne and intentionally didn't mention in the patch.
DarkSoldierX Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #1 on: October 14, 2011, 05:10:44 pm »

Your supposed to keep chipping off HP from the enemy not going in for the kill when they are at 100%.

The RR is the most accurate and highest pen AT main weapon. Your supposed to take pot shots then move back. Hell you don't even need rear shots with RRs.

Most effective tactic is in-conjunction with mortar smoke as RRs still shoot just fine in smoke.

Watchout for the counter to that though, mass flamers, or even worse, goliath, your greatest enemy.

Edit: Not going to lie though. AB Mid and Top T4 look weak.
« Last Edit: October 14, 2011, 05:17:13 pm by DarkSoldierX » Logged

two words
atgs and fireflies
Looks who's butthurt
*waiting* 4 DarkSoldierNoobiX pops up to prove how much shit the T17 is penetrating KTs back and Jagd front and how much better the ac/puma is penetrating m10 rear  Cool Cool Cool
shockcoil Offline
griefer & spammer
EIR Veteran

« Reply #2 on: October 14, 2011, 05:21:58 pm »

To be fair I think RRs are massively overrated and overpriced without any doctrine buffs. They can't even reliably penetrate skirted tanks and do negligible damage to them.

smurfORnot Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #3 on: October 14, 2011, 05:57:06 pm »

Edit: Not going to lie though. AB Mid and Top T4 look weak.

+1
not too much impressed with ab at all...terror looks much better,and we dont need more axis in launcher.

RRs are massively overrated and overpriced without any doctrine buffs.
and now they dont get any.
MorkaandBorka Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #4 on: October 14, 2011, 06:06:30 pm »

I always though that the Ab would get some doc buffs, who would have guessed Ab would just get a bunch of gimmicky bullshit instead Smiley

I'm really bad  - Smokaz
TheVolskinator Offline
Administrator / Lead Developer

« Reply #5 on: October 14, 2011, 09:51:39 pm »

AB has the potential to do well, but atm the buffs only really promote AB/AB rifle spamming. 15% acc on my .50 cals isnt tickling my fancy. Garands on my AB? Or how about AB armor on my *cheaper* AB rifles that also get bars, are lower pool, lower pop, and also have a slew of other buffs in that unlock?

The lack of an elite AI infantry unit, which most doctrines get, is also disconcerting--theyre AB that can only really counter tanks. There are no particularly tempting armor-oriented buffs, nor do AB seem to get much of any accuracy buffs. Not to mention, why the fuck would I garrison AB? That counters the point of their armor type!

My vehicles are faster after spawning in...ok, they can get a tiiiiiny bit farther before the spawn buff wears off--big whoop?

Oh boy, a *single* red flare drops instead of a green one, ima runnin away from teh scary flare of doom that conceals the sound of a plane flying over and dudes with parachutes dropping in to go pew pew at me!

Garand snipers? Sounds OK but an explanation would be dandy.

Frankly Im just not impressed. Its great stuff but it just doesnt fit together to form a cohesive string of buffs to promote a particular playstyle or unit set. It just grants some pretty neat but ultimately useless buffs (in some situations) to different units.

Quote from: tank130
I want to ensure we have a 100% decision on the process before we do the wipe.
If not, then I wipe, then someone gets something they shouldn't, then it gets abused, then the shit hits the fan and then I ban shab.

Getting EiR:R Released on Steam

Forum Rules & Guidelines
Poppi Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #6 on: October 15, 2011, 12:54:41 am »

third row looks nice i think
« Last Edit: October 15, 2011, 12:57:26 am by Poppi » Logged
PonySlaystation Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #7 on: October 15, 2011, 07:27:45 am »

not too much impressed with ab at all...terror looks much better,and we dont need more axis in launcher.

I'm surprised that you would say that. But yeah it's the truth.

Sharks are not monsters Henley, they are cute, cuddly and misunderstood. They love humans. sometimes they love TOO much. They love people so much that sometimes their kisses separate people into two flailing pieces which are consumed by other sharks in a frenzy of peace and joy.
RikiRude Offline
Donator

« Reply #8 on: October 15, 2011, 09:52:24 am »

To be fair I think RRs are massively overrated and overpriced without any doctrine buffs. They can't even reliably penetrate skirted tanks and do negligible damage to them.

agreed, what happened to the AB buff that gave RRs and AB atgs more penetration? It's been an AB standby as far back as I can think of, why get rid of it. Give us AB Eagles again, T2, more damage/penetration on RRs and AB ATG.

Quote from: Killer344
Killer344: "Repent: sory no joke i just had savage diorea"
... or a fat ass cock sucking churchill being stupid
Mister Schmidt Offline
Lawmaker

« Reply #9 on: October 15, 2011, 10:03:57 am »

Oh boy, a *single* red flare drops instead of a green one, ima runnin away from teh scary flare of doom that conceals the sound of a plane flying over and dudes with parachutes dropping in to go pew pew at me!

It's not a single flare, it's the same as offmap smoke; 3 red flares.

Way to read bro.

and 6th " Main Thing " is you have to Chant " hare krishna hare krishna krishna krishna hare hare hare rama hare rama rama rama hare hare ".
"Seeing Bigdick in his full sado mask attire, David couldn't help but feel a tingle in his special place.."
Groundfire Offline
EIRR community manager
EIR Veteran

« Reply #10 on: October 15, 2011, 11:11:49 am »

How bout you guys give it a week, mkay?

We'll get back to the doctrines that got a bummed implementation.

Latest Shoutcast:
EIRR Groundcast 11 "The Super Dev Showdown!!"
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IOGm79rXWhU (full version)

shockcoil Offline
griefer & spammer
EIR Veteran

« Reply #11 on: October 15, 2011, 11:17:22 am »

But I'm not even talking about the doctrine, I'm saying RRs are massively overrated and overpriced. They've been around for ages, the doctrine has not changed them at all.
deadbolt Offline
Probably Banned
EIR Veteran

« Reply #12 on: October 15, 2011, 12:47:17 pm »

can we quote you on that?

DERDBERT
Like Jesus, Keeps died for us

He made a funny thread for bear, and got banned.

Now bear makes his own funny thread. It's unsurprisingly not funny.

Keeps died for our funny threads.
AmPM Offline
Community Mapper

« Reply #13 on: October 15, 2011, 03:48:43 pm »

But I'm not even talking about the doctrine, I'm saying RRs are massively overrated and overpriced. They've been around for ages, the doctrine has not changed them at all.

What are you smoking, between the 2 you get for the upgrade they do shrek level damage, rarely miss and have excellent penetration at all ranges. Only downside is the price.

shockcoil Offline
griefer & spammer
EIR Veteran

« Reply #14 on: October 15, 2011, 03:59:12 pm »

Except they don't do shreck level damage because every tank has skirts, they're not even guaranteed to penetrate. They're expensive and require a lot of healing to break even with price.
Tymathee Offline
Donator

« Reply #15 on: October 15, 2011, 04:01:46 pm »

If someone had a choice to pick up 2 RR's or 1 schreck, I feel most of the time someone will pick up the schreck.

"I want proof!"
"I have proof!"
"Whatever, I'm still right"

Dafuq man, don't ask for proof if you'll refuse it if it's not in your favor, logic fallacy for the bloody win.
PonySlaystation Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #16 on: October 15, 2011, 04:03:51 pm »

yeahyeah overpriced, we get it, EIRRMOD said he'lll give them a biddle price decrease.
« Last Edit: October 15, 2011, 05:19:19 pm by PonySlaystation » Logged
MorkaandBorka Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #17 on: October 15, 2011, 05:14:05 pm »

Except they don't do shreck level damage because every tank has skirts, they're not even guaranteed to penetrate. They're expensive and require a lot of healing to break even with price.

exactly
NightRain Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #18 on: October 15, 2011, 05:24:53 pm »

Losing one AB squad while destroying a tank is rather profitable as far as I know.

Because a forum post should be like a woman's skirt. Long enough to cover the subject material, but short enough to keep things interesting.
Demon767 Offline
Warmap Betatester
EIR Veteran

« Reply #19 on: October 15, 2011, 06:57:06 pm »

AB can be severely OP. i will show you.

Generalleutnant of The Reichs Wolves

Nevergetsputonlistguy767
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

TinyPortal v1.0 beta 4 © Bloc