Account

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 04, 2024, 01:26:28 am

Login with username, password and session length

Resources

Recent posts

[Yesterday at 11:54:46 pm]

[April 22, 2024, 03:40:53 am]

[April 21, 2024, 12:02:54 pm]

[April 06, 2024, 02:26:25 am]

[March 08, 2024, 12:13:38 am]

[March 08, 2024, 12:13:13 am]

[March 08, 2024, 12:12:54 am]

[December 30, 2023, 08:00:58 pm]

[February 04, 2023, 11:46:41 am]

[December 25, 2022, 11:36:26 am]
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: A few questions about RCA (CW)  (Read 3534 times)
Lacuenta Offline
EIR Regular

« on: January 10, 2012, 05:07:18 pm »

So I'm kinda new here, in vcoh I really liked the britisch artillary doctrine, but I seem to be missing something on EIR. So i thought I ask here.

1) Is it possible to get overwatch/counterbattery?
I could'nt find them in the doctrine abbilities and i really like those in vCoH.

2) Is it me or is the m95 cromwell, a stuh in disquise, and is it worth it?
Tymathee Offline
Donator

« Reply #1 on: January 10, 2012, 05:13:51 pm »

So I'm kinda new here, in vcoh I really liked the britisch artillary doctrine, but I seem to be missing something on EIR. So i thought I ask here.

I could'nt find them in the doctrine abbilities and i really like those in vCoH.

2) Is it me or is the m95 cromwell, a stuh in disquise, and is it worth it?

1) no, not in eir.
2) 95mm cromwell is a kind of weaker stuh with a curret and weaker armor.

rca is more of a defensive slash support company unless u go dual t3 and spam stags or cromwells.

RCA is my #1 coy, so much so I created two whole differently companies and enjoy both.

I may make a third and go with the other t4.

"I want proof!"
"I have proof!"
"Whatever, I'm still right"

Dafuq man, don't ask for proof if you'll refuse it if it's not in your favor, logic fallacy for the bloody win.
Unkn0wn Offline
No longer retired

« Reply #2 on: January 10, 2012, 06:08:14 pm »

We felt that abilities that essentially let you 'skip' cooldown timers on your artillery barrages weren't very beneficial to gameplay. Since there is no real retreat in EIR, and units are generally more finite, artillery is a much more delicate matter than it is in vCOH.

That being said, RCA should still offer you plenty of other cool toys (including two off-map artillery barrages) if you're into that kind of gameplay.

In regards to 2). It's pretty much like the StuH yea, though with the doctrine buffs it becomes quite a bit more powerful. (And it is more mobile, easier to use than a STUH)

Hope that answers your questions! Welcome btw Smiley
« Last Edit: January 10, 2012, 06:11:10 pm by Unkn0wn » Logged
RikiRude Offline
Donator

« Reply #3 on: January 10, 2012, 07:10:29 pm »

use attack ground with 95s to get the most out of them, it takes a little while to get used to doing that, but it will result in more kills. worse armor than stuh, no awesome mg, but it has a turret (as slow as it is it makes a difference!)

also i feel like dual T3s makes it allllmost an armor doctrine with some of the buffs the armor gets. armor in conjunction with great arty backing it up.

Quote from: Killer344
Killer344: "Repent: sory no joke i just had savage diorea"
... or a fat ass cock sucking churchill being stupid
Spartan_Marine88 Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #4 on: January 10, 2012, 07:32:00 pm »

use attack ground with 95s to get the most out of them, it takes a little while to get used to doing that, but it will result in more kills.

They will work fine without doing so.

Instead make sure they are stopped when firing and they will get the most kills. Spend you time perfecting managing all your army at once instead of just one unit at a time.

Yes that's me, the special snowflake.
Lacuenta Offline
EIR Regular

« Reply #5 on: January 11, 2012, 06:37:23 pm »

Thanks everyone, for the quick and thorough answers!

We felt that abilities that essentially let you 'skip' cooldown timers on your artillery barrages weren't very beneficial to gameplay. Since there is no real retreat in EIR, and units are generally more finite, artillery is a much more delicate matter than it is in vCOH.

Too bad Overwatch/counter is out, I found that overwatch is easy too play around on big maps for human players, since they generally just avoid the area if possible and if you take your piece out of overwatch it gets a cooldown timer.
But I can understand why its not in it could be overpowered, this is probably especially true for counterbattery.

Gotta love that cluster ammo from the overwatch barrage tho Wink

I'l continue my practice with the m95, force ground was the way i played with the StuH in vcoh so I will definetly give it a few more tries.
Tymathee Offline
Donator

« Reply #6 on: January 11, 2012, 07:28:02 pm »

I'd love to see counter battery for the rca mortars in as a doc ability tho.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

TinyPortal v1.0 beta 4 © Bloc