Account

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 14, 2024, 11:09:56 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Resources

Recent posts

[March 08, 2024, 12:13:38 am]

[March 08, 2024, 12:12:54 am]

[March 08, 2024, 12:09:37 am]

[December 30, 2023, 08:00:58 pm]

[February 04, 2023, 11:46:41 am]

[December 25, 2022, 11:36:26 am]

[December 14, 2022, 12:10:06 am]

[September 22, 2022, 06:57:30 am]

[August 22, 2022, 05:10:35 pm]

[May 26, 2022, 10:13:22 am]
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: 7.9J Changelog  (Read 46274 times)
EIRRMod Offline
Administrator / Lead Developer

« on: February 04, 2011, 11:24:20 pm »

vCOH Beta Patch changes
* 57mm, 17 pdr, 6pdr, pak 38, pak 40, marder, 50mm ATHT:
accuracy modifier vs infantry reduced to 0.05
accuracy modifier vs elite reduced to 0.05
accuracy modifier vs airborne reduced to 0.05
accuracy modifier vs heroic reduced to 0.02
accuracy modifier vs sniper reduced to 0.02
priority vs snipers reduced from 10 to 5
* PE anti-tank grenade will explode on contact with vehicles.
* Fixed a bug where Teller Mines would sometimes fail to damage vehicles in vehicle cover

US
* American officer type changed from elite to infantry
* M3 75m GMC patching AI changed to tank.
* Boys at rifle damage modifier against team weapons (Mortar, MG) lowered to .25 from 1
* Boys at rifle damage modifier against atg lowered to .6 from 1
* Boys AT rifle damage modifier against 88mm lowered to .6
* Tank reapers change: added a 25% damage bonus to engineer mines
* Greyhound now have 2x received damage and 2x received penetration while deploying mines.
* Engineers now have 2x received damage and 2x received penetration while deploying demos
* Us infantry saturation artillery off-map recharge time fixed to 180 seconds.
* Assault engineer now have the mp44 overhead icon

Wehr
* Assault grenades now only throw two waves of grenades (instead of 3)
* Assault grenades damage modifier against team weapons lowered to .25 from 1
* Panzerfaust upgrade now provide three panzerfaust uses instead of 2.
* Extra panzerfaust at volk vet 2 removed.
* Panzerfaust price to 50 Mun (From 30)
* 88mm barrage weapon target table changed to match 105mm howitzer
* Fixed a bug where blitzkrieg assault was given unintended bonus to tiger, panther, pziv, ostwind, and stug.
* Decreased pak40 75mm ready aim time to 1 second from 1.5 second
* Lowered LEIG18 damage and penetration against various armor. (similar to stuh)
* LEIG18 to 360 MP, 100 Mun (From 380 MP, 120 Mun)
* Volks grenade upgrade (Doctrine unlock) to 25 Mun (From 20 Mun)

Brits
* Tetrarch concealing smoke now work properly
* Lt veterancy bonus no longer affect commando sniper.
* Commandos and sappers now receive 2x receive damage while deploying demolition.
* Canister shot Reworked. Damage lowered (~ 20 damage per man), suppression increased. Now on 120s Cooldown
* Fixed a issue with Sapper planting the wrong demolition charge.
* Sapper sabotage demo damage down to 300, same as normal demo. (They retain increased AOE)
* Fixed a bug where commandos with sabotage specialty was placing the wrong explosive.
* Removed sight from commandos demo charge.

PE
* hotchkiss stuka now correctly cost 8 pop in game
* Counter measure built haystack and bush now considered world object. (enemy will no longer auto target them)
* panzer elite incendiary assault now only throw two waves of grenades (instead of 3)
* Incendiary grenade and Incendiary assault damage against friendly lowered
* Wirblewind suppression radius increased to 15 meters from 0 meters
* Wirblewind nearby suppression radius modifier changed to .5
* PE scorched earth Flame grenadier pop cost raised to 5
* Hummel high explosive barrage scatter improved to match 105mm/25pdr/priest
* Munition halftrack now have a 2x received damage and 2x receive penetration modifiered while deploying the saturation minefield.
* Saturation minefield now take 15 secs to deploy (7 seconds with Blow the bridges)
* Fallschirmjager panzerfaust can no longer be fired through obstacles.
* Fixed Fallschirmjager Mg34 paradrop.
* Tank buster and Assault grenader Hp increased to 80, armor type changed to infantry. Pop increased from 5 to 4.
* Tank Busters to 230 MP, 120 Mun (From 215 MP, 120 Mun)
* Assault grenadiers to 240 MP, 120 Mun (From 215 MP, 95 Mun)
* PE panzer grenadier Hp raise to 80, changed armor type to infantry. Pop increased to 5 pop from 4
* Hummel Incendiary barrage ability now fire 4 shells(long range destruction will fire 6)
« Last Edit: February 05, 2011, 05:50:17 am by Unkn0wn » Logged

Quote from: brn4meplz
Shit I'm pretty sure you could offer the guy a cup of coffee and he'd try to kill you with the mug if you forgot sugar.
Quote from: tank130
That's like offering Beer to fuck the fat chick. It will work for a while, but it's not gonna last. Not only that, but there is zero motivation for the Fat chick to loose weight.
Quote from: tank130
Why don't you collect up your love beads and potpourri and find something constructive to do.
WildZontar Offline
Donator

« Reply #1 on: February 04, 2011, 11:33:37 pm »

Engineer mines for Tank Reapers? Are you fucking kidding me?
« Last Edit: February 05, 2011, 12:22:12 am by WildZontar » Logged

Zontar is a filthy sludge-dwelling muppet, thats why.
Y U SAVED US FROM GOING INTO BANKRUPT!
ALL BOW DOWN TO WILDZONTAR!
pandaExpress Offline
Donator

« Reply #2 on: February 04, 2011, 11:33:51 pm »

US
* American officer type changed from elite to infantry

didn't American officers have heroic armor and any wase its a 1 man squad changing it to elite or infantry will make it 1 shoted by snipers?

they tell me i'm weird i tell them their normal
DarkSoldierX Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #3 on: February 04, 2011, 11:36:32 pm »

* Tank buster and Assault grenader Hp increased to 80, armor type changed to infantry. Pop increased from 5 to 4.
* Tank Busters to 240 MP, 120 Mun (From 215 MP, 120 Mun)
* Assault grenadiers to 240 MP, 120 Mun (From 2150 MP, 95 Mun)
* PE panzer grenadier Hp raise to 80, changed armor type to infantry. Pop increased to 5 pop from 4

Oooh thats a change I was NOT expecting!

two words
atgs and fireflies
Looks who's butthurt
*waiting* 4 DarkSoldierNoobiX pops up to prove how much shit the T17 is penetrating KTs back and Jagd front and how much better the ac/puma is penetrating m10 rear  Cool Cool Cool
WildZontar Offline
Donator

« Reply #4 on: February 04, 2011, 11:36:44 pm »

Engineer mines for Tank Reapers? Are you fucking kidding me?
Firesparks Offline
Honoured Member

« Reply #5 on: February 04, 2011, 11:58:24 pm »

didn't American officers have heroic armor and any wase its a 1 man squad changing it to elite or infantry will make it 1 shoted by snipers?
American officer still have heroic critical, which is what's giving him the ability to survive sniper one shot.

With sufficient thrust, pigs fly just fine. However, this is not necessarily a good idea. It is hard to be sure where they are going to land, and it could be dangerous sitting under them as they fly overhead. -- RFC 1925
cloud234 Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #6 on: February 05, 2011, 12:14:53 am »

Wehr
* Assault grenades now only throw two waves of grenades (instead of 3)
* Assault grenades damage modifier against team weapons lowered to .25 from 1
* Panzerfaust upgrade now provide three panzerfaust uses instead of 2.
* Extra panzerfaust at volk vet 2 removed.
* Panzerfaust price to 50 Mun (From 30)
* 88mm barrage weapon target table changed to match 105mm howitzer
* Fixed a bug where blitzkrieg assault was given unintended bonus to tiger, panther, pziv, ostwind, and stug.
* Decreased pak40 75mm ready aim time to 1 second from 1.5 second
* Lowered LEIG18 damage and penetration against various vehicles. (similar to stuh)

Why the increase in fausts to 50 munitions? You'll never get to fire off 3 rounds (unless ur opponent really sucks) plus the firing animation is easy to dodge. Its even worse than stickie that it doesn't cause a disable!

Pak40 decrease in aim time is good. It can't even hit LVs for nuts previously.

LEIG18 with lowered damage and penetration makes it a very poor weapon to field. Its notable use was its versatility... but now it is essentially a high pop high cost unit which can only kill infantry sporadically.

PE
* Tank Busters to 240 MP, 120 Mun (From 215 MP, 120 Mun)
* Assault grenadiers to 240 MP, 120 Mun (From 215 MP, 95 Mun)

Sorry that I suck at stats but what is the significance of the change is essentially changing all PzGrens to Wehr Grenadiers right? And that ur increasing the pop to 5 FROM 4.

But with the exception of the rifle upgrade (storm tactics) PzGrens suck at damage output. Is this a good decision?

Right now the only reason (imo) to play PzGrens is becasue they are low pop and allows great flexibility.
WildZontar Offline
Donator

« Reply #7 on: February 05, 2011, 12:21:54 am »

lionel23 Offline
Donator

« Reply #8 on: February 05, 2011, 12:30:37 am »

Really meh on this patch myself.

The faust increase to 50 is very steep, it's like making US bazookas cost 180 MU... you can but it isn't cost effective.  It seems the only reason to justify their price increase was giving them '3' uses which most squads will never live to see the light of day to do that.  If anything, there needs to be a cooldown reduction in ALL German doctrines to make this practical, otherwise I see it as nothing more than creating an artificial reason to increase the price (the same argument was made on sticky bombs being two uses to justify it's price cost).  If anything, make it so it is a stackable buy, like how MP44s can be bought in two sets of 2 (so those who need cheap 2 use fausts or those who really think they'll get 3 uses out of it, be my guest).

Assault Gren price increase, in particular MU from 95 to 120 MU (roughly a 25% increase in their cost) is super excessive.

The boy's AT rifle change was good all around, to prevent their use against support weapons, so I give a thumbs up to that.

The Officer change I'm not sure about, I'm still waiting for the promised 3 man bodyguard squad as he is pretty expensive for only having smoke and being high on the infantry pool. If this significantly reduces his durability on the field, he'll just be like a useless sniper who gets easily killed and makes you pay for it severely. Tank Reapers I'm pretty unhappy with in its currently nerfed state, so I found it very.. interesting it was buffed against mines...

My two cents on the patch.  Honestly think more could have been done and not so severely seem to nerf the axis side all around.

Congratulations, dear sir...I must say, never before have I seen such precise gunnery displayed. - CrazyWR (on Leaderboard Howitzers)

AmPM Offline
Community Mapper

« Reply #9 on: February 05, 2011, 12:33:42 am »

I have to agree with the LEIG, it's useless now, 2 pop less than a STuH with no MG and no ability to manuever, plus countered by anything.

Useless T3 choice 4tw.

PaK40 will only be usable if it moves at a normal speed, as is, its stationary, not any longer ranged and about the same effect vs most targets as a PaK38.

Blitzkrieg still sucks unless volks/assault spamming and Terror is lacking.

PE were just given the worst infantry in the game with higher cost than Rifles or Volks, win!

Jodomar Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #10 on: February 05, 2011, 12:44:51 am »

Well this gives me even more reason to stay away due to retarded balance changes
lionel23 Offline
Donator

« Reply #11 on: February 05, 2011, 12:54:35 am »

Oh dang I was talking about it on vent but forgot to mention it.  Leig was nerfed really hard.  It was good against inf, had SOME chance against a tank or light vehicle, I don't think it's nerf against vehicles was warranted.

It's a TIER 3 UNLOCK, it costs a lot in terms of resources and pop.  It was something scary of.. *cringe* German RCA... and people like AMPM used it really well that I consider it as big a threat as a 105 howitzer from the US side.  And you know what?  I countered it, it wasn't neigh unstopable like Tiger Ace back in testing.  I thought it fit just right.

Really think the changes to Leig need to be looked over again, same with tank reapers (personal thing).  The nerf to TR I think is warranted for an AP Round ATG being buffed to be even more deadly, but the double nerf to bazookas was terrible. Or if anything, allow a 10-20 MU purchase to upgrade bazookas to old TR bazookas and now you make them cost 100 MU instead of 80 if that was the issue.  15% bonus to damage, accuracy, and penetration is terrible as it had trouble doing all that when it was 25-33%.

PE Infantry also... I think the SIMPLIEST thing to do is just do a copy and paste of Grenadiers for them.  It seems odd they get a price increase, HP and armor change but their weapons aren't Grenadier rifles... is that really fair to hit their infantry in a half manner?
EIRRMod Offline

« Reply #12 on: February 05, 2011, 12:55:08 am »

The faust increase to 50 is very steep, it's like making US bazookas cost 180 MU... you can but it isn't cost effective.  It seems the only reason to justify their price increase was giving them '3' uses which most squads will never live to see the light of day to do that.  If anything, there needs to be a cooldown reduction in ALL German doctrines to make this practical, otherwise I see it as nothing more than creating an artificial reason to increase the price (the same argument was made on sticky bombs being two uses to justify it's price cost).  If anything, make it so it is a stackable buy, like how MP44s can be bought in two sets of 2 (so those who need cheap 2 use fausts or those who really think they'll get 3 uses out of it, be my guest).
Do you mean like 1,2 or 3 purchases available?  I like that idea.

The Officer change I'm not sure about, I'm still waiting for the promised 3 man bodyguard squad as he is pretty expensive for only having smoke and being high on the infantry pool. If this significantly reduces his durability on the field, he'll just be like a useless sniper who gets easily killed and makes you pay for it severely.
I want this one too Wink  I think officers as a 'mini' squad distributing the health is a good way to remove their strenght of armour + health.
lionel23 Offline
Donator

« Reply #13 on: February 05, 2011, 01:00:40 am »

Yay EIRRMOD! Hehe.  I think the faust idea would be a good compromise solution, and heck gives people that much more flexibility in their design, instead of being forced to pay 50, 50, 50 MU for every squad then my god you got say 40 MU left... well, useless now you know! ^^

I also really agree on the half-squad ideas for officers.  Wasn't the huge issue with Axis and American officers being they were tough rambos with super fast regen?  And then vet on them you'd lose WAY too easily like a sniper (one shot by tank), then the double nerf to their vet rank increases... I can justify say a 3 man riflemen-armor squad that gave me my buff over the old form of the officer, it would make him practical on the front line (not in terms of firepower but staying power as he isn't being mass-focused by ATGs and tanks) yet not an invincible super hero that can charge say MG guns or infantry and live cause of his armor.  I really do like that idea.
WildZontar Offline
Donator

« Reply #14 on: February 05, 2011, 01:01:32 am »

When could we expect to see these changes?
EIRRMod Offline

« Reply #15 on: February 05, 2011, 01:09:15 am »

Yay EIRRMOD! Hehe.  I think the faust idea would be a good compromise solution, and heck gives people that much more flexibility in their design, instead of being forced to pay 50, 50, 50 MU for every squad then my god you got say 40 MU left... well, useless now you know! ^^
I think itd probably be 2 or 3 uses, 1 use makes it far too flexible to spam - but maybe the 'Weapon Cache' pool might offer a solution (1 use takes 1 pool for example, while 2 or 3 dont, yet cost a bit more)

I also really agree on the half-squad ideas for officers.  Wasn't the huge issue with Axis and American officers being they were tough rambos with super fast regen?  And then vet on them you'd lose WAY too easily like a sniper (one shot by tank), then the double nerf to their vet rank increases... I can justify say a 3 man riflemen-armor squad that gave me my buff over the old form of the officer, it would make him practical on the front line (not in terms of firepower but staying power as he isn't being mass-focused by ATGs and tanks) yet not an invincible super hero that can charge say MG guns or infantry and live cause of his armor.  I really do like that idea.
Well the thing with a half-squad means that theres a chance that the 'max' health for the officer (squad) can be reduced by 1/3 with a death.

There are some... interesting balance changes in this patch - Im going to slam some heads.
WildZontar Offline
Donator

« Reply #16 on: February 05, 2011, 01:14:14 am »

There are some... interesting balance changes in this patch - Im going to slam some heads.

Why didn't you slam heads before the changes were released?
lionel23 Offline
Donator

« Reply #17 on: February 05, 2011, 01:15:36 am »

Hey pretend it's the WWE... heads are being slammed regardless!
EIRRMod Offline

« Reply #18 on: February 05, 2011, 01:16:27 am »

Why didn't you slam heads before the changes were released?
Because unlike you lot - Im not able to read every balance thread.

Thats why theres a balance team lol.
WildZontar Offline
Donator

« Reply #19 on: February 05, 2011, 01:19:34 am »

Because unlike you lot - Im not able to read every balance thread.

Thats why theres a balance team lol.

Aren't you the goddamn lead developer? YOU RUN THIS SHIT.
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

TinyPortal v1.0 beta 4 © Bloc