Account

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 15, 2024, 10:13:08 am

Login with username, password and session length

Resources

Recent posts

[March 08, 2024, 12:13:38 am]

[March 08, 2024, 12:12:54 am]

[March 08, 2024, 12:09:37 am]

[December 30, 2023, 08:00:58 pm]

[February 04, 2023, 11:46:41 am]

[December 25, 2022, 11:36:26 am]

[December 14, 2022, 12:10:06 am]

[September 22, 2022, 06:57:30 am]

[August 22, 2022, 05:10:35 pm]

[May 26, 2022, 10:13:22 am]
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Weapons Cache explained  (Read 20747 times)
SpaceHamster Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #60 on: December 23, 2011, 08:30:40 pm »

Puddin, I noticed you posted early on how it was not affecting your companies. But how correct was that? Are you a fan of this system as well?

Additionally, do you think your type of specialization goes against the EIRR ideal? Do your kinds of builds really require to be limited?

before he was saying chaffee's were fine, and then he starts complaining about them being way to good,

But you know what, the weapon cache wouldn't be so bad if it didn't have ridiculous amount of weapon cache needed for a few weapons...

The warmap is like Dukenukem Forever.

No one thinks it will ever be released, then several years after everyone has given up the little hope they have it gets released from out of nowhere. And then it turns out it sucks.
tank130 Offline
Sugar Daddy

« Reply #61 on: December 23, 2011, 08:57:16 pm »

But you know what, the weapon cache wouldn't be so bad if it didn't have ridiculous amount of weapon cache needed for a few weapons...

BINGO!!!!!

and that is why we are working on it and trying to get it balanced.

We just need more people to stop with the sarcastic insulting gibberish and post examples of screwed up builds. It is impossible for the small Dev team to try every combination, but much simpler for the larger community.

If you have an example of a OP, upgrade spam company that can be built with the WC or a completely balanced build that can not, then post it. From that Data we should be able to narrow down the numbers much faster.

Geez, while Wind was banned I forgot that he is, in fact, totally insufferable
I'm not going to lie Tig, 9/10 times you open your mouth, I'm overwhelmed with the urge to put my foot in it.
Audemed Offline
Donator

« Reply #62 on: December 23, 2011, 09:17:58 pm »

3x mines (2 each) 6
1x goliath (1 each) 6
3x 50mm HT (2 each) 6
1x IST (4 total) 4
6x G43 (4 each) 24
6x AT grenade (2 each) 12
6x Incendiary assault (6 each) 36
2x MG (2 each) 4
2x Assault Grens (4 each) 8
2x Incendiary grenades (2 each) 4
3x Demo charges (2 each) 6
1x Panther (6 total) 6
3x PG Shrecks (6 each) 18
1x Healcar (2 each) 2
1x Hummel (4 each) 4

Pretty balanced, yeah? Doesn't fit.
tank130 Offline
Sugar Daddy

« Reply #63 on: December 23, 2011, 09:19:53 pm »

Looks pretty balanced to me.
As I and a number of other dev members have said already: We know PE is fucked. We are working on it.

I need some examples of other factions as well please.
tank130 Offline
Sugar Daddy

« Reply #64 on: December 23, 2011, 09:27:10 pm »

I just popped in the launcher and saw 8 axis online. 6 of them are playing PE. I would really like to know what they are running with the WC in place as it is.

Allidoiswin
Armedshit
brn4meplz
DienBienFoo
Fiddlestix
Vermillion_Hawk Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #65 on: December 23, 2011, 09:44:02 pm »

I just popped in the launcher and saw 8 axis online. 6 of them are playing PE. I would really like to know what they are running with the WC in place as it is.

Allidoiswin
Armedshit
brn4meplz
DienBienFoo
Fiddlestix

I think we all know PE is screwed

What is a man? A miserable little pile of secrets.

- Andre Malraux

- Dracula
AmPM Offline
Community Mapper

« Reply #66 on: December 23, 2011, 10:05:55 pm »

My Companies that do not fit.

Rifle Infantry Dual t3

14 Rifles with BAR
2 HMG
2 Naked Rangers
2 Engies with Triage
6 Hellcats with Repairs and .50
4 ATGs
2 Mortars
1 Howi
2 Jeeps

Armor Coy is similar in build, but more AT oriented

Terror (farthest from fitting)

6 Grens with Medkits and SMP44
4 Volks with Medkits and SMP44
6 Volks with PFaust and Medkit
3 Volks with PFaust, Med, Mine
3 HMGs
2 Panthers
4 Bikes
2 ATGs
3 Pios with Flamethrower, Med, Mine, Bunker
2 Nebel
2 Minesweepers

Pretty balanced company with lots of options, -58/100

My Blitz Coy that is ALL MP40/Faust Volks with support spam and Tigers fits fine however....

tank130 Offline
Sugar Daddy

« Reply #67 on: December 23, 2011, 10:22:26 pm »

I am so glad you quoted me. Here is a perfect example of where it appears there is a problem because of so much attention on the forums, but in reality, it's not really a problem.

PE is is not completely fucked, yet many have posted it is. The same can be said for "Everyone hates the weapon cache" I agree there is a lot of opposition in the forums, but is it really that bad outside of the forums?
lionel23 Offline
Donator

« Reply #68 on: December 23, 2011, 10:26:42 pm »

Yes it is bad outside these forums, but it's only on the forums where it gets noticed (complaining in launcher never gets you anywhere).

Also Tank, you quoted a BLANK for Vermillion Hawk?

Congratulations, dear sir...I must say, never before have I seen such precise gunnery displayed. - CrazyWR (on Leaderboard Howitzers)

tank130 Offline
Sugar Daddy

« Reply #69 on: December 23, 2011, 10:29:13 pm »

My Companies that do not fit.

Rifle Infantry Dual t3

14 Rifles with BAR
2 HMG
2 Naked Rangers
2 Engies with Triage
6 Hellcats with Repairs and .50
4 ATGs
2 Mortars
1 Howi
2 Jeeps

When I look at this company not fitting, I sigh in relief that the weapons cache is working perfectly as intended.

Then I look at this:

Terror (farthest from fitting)

6 Grens with Medkits and SMP44
4 Volks with Medkits and SMP44
6 Volks with PFaust and Medkit
3 Volks with PFaust, Med, Mine
3 HMGs
2 Panthers
4 Bikes
2 ATGs
3 Pios with Flamethrower, Med, Mine, Bunker
2 Nebel
2 Minesweepers

That's not a overly upgraded company, so why does it not work.

It looks like Axis is getting hit harder than allies. There are exceptions of course, but from most of the comments and info I see, axis needs the most attention.

Thanks for the info, this will help.
lionel23 Offline
Donator

« Reply #70 on: December 23, 2011, 10:32:58 pm »

What's wrong with that allied company?  That is standard for most allies (though I personally dislike BARs, never fit my playstyle).

But yeah the big thing is the WC seems to be adversely hurting/affecting Wehr/Axis a lot more due to their heavier reliance on upgrades and vehicles compared to allies like Brits and Americans.
Smokaz Offline
Honoured Member

« Reply #71 on: December 23, 2011, 10:35:04 pm »

How is THAT axis a overly normal company?

Nebels take out a disproportionate amount of resources compared to cache. I would have to slam my fist into the table and also say: having TWO nebels ain't fucking normal.

However the infantry company is perfectly normal and how doctrine system suggests to play: max out on doctrinally buffed units because THEY GIVE THE MOST BANG FOR BUCKS.

He uses hellcats to make up for the heavy investment in munitions on AI. His hellcats however have no buffs and are not a problem unless the base unit itself is problematic. He has indirect fire, direct fire and supression.
In a game with shreks and high armor axis tanks his hellcats can't do anything and he will have to rely on AT guns, thus a evenly matched & buffed axis infantry player will be able to contend with him.
« Last Edit: December 23, 2011, 10:48:26 pm by Smokaz » Logged

SlippedHerTheBigOne: big penis puma
SlippedHerTheBigOne: and i have no repairkits
SlippedHerTheBigOne: ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Mister Schmidt Offline
Lawmaker

« Reply #72 on: December 24, 2011, 03:27:39 am »

Yeahhh.. That infantry company is very similar to my own, it's hardly spam.

and 6th " Main Thing " is you have to Chant " hare krishna hare krishna krishna krishna hare hare hare rama hare rama rama rama hare hare ".
"Seeing Bigdick in his full sado mask attire, David couldn't help but feel a tingle in his special place.."
BigDick
« Reply #73 on: December 24, 2011, 04:00:04 am »

companies should be rewarded when being played doctrine themed
doctrines should buff more than one unit type but focus on a specific tree goal

weapons cache needs to be removed asap cos companies are not doctrine themed anymore its spaming whats possible

end of story
Firesparks Offline
Honoured Member

« Reply #74 on: December 24, 2011, 02:52:22 pm »

BINGO!!!!!

and that is why we are working on it and trying to get it balanced.

We just need more people to stop with the sarcastic insulting gibberish and post examples of screwed up builds. It is impossible for the small Dev team to try every combination, but much simpler for the larger community.

If you have an example of a OP, upgrade spam company that can be built with the WC or a completely balanced build that can not, then post it. From that Data we should be able to narrow down the numbers much faster.

ever heard of keeping it simple? weapon cache is just one more complexity to make it for the fact the current dev members can't balance the weapon or units. It's an excuse to keep certain units or weapon overpower by placing a hard limit on everything. It's a unnecessary restriction on experimentation, variety, and company build.

With sufficient thrust, pigs fly just fine. However, this is not necessarily a good idea. It is hard to be sure where they are going to land, and it could be dangerous sitting under them as they fly overhead. -- RFC 1925
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

TinyPortal v1.0 beta 4 © Bloc