Account

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 16, 2024, 09:27:01 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Resources

Recent posts

[March 08, 2024, 12:13:38 am]

[March 08, 2024, 12:12:54 am]

[March 08, 2024, 12:09:37 am]

[December 30, 2023, 08:00:58 pm]

[February 04, 2023, 11:46:41 am]

[December 25, 2022, 11:36:26 am]

[December 14, 2022, 12:10:06 am]

[September 22, 2022, 06:57:30 am]

[August 22, 2022, 05:10:35 pm]

[May 26, 2022, 10:13:22 am]
Pages: [1] 2   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Bofors Vet  (Read 7114 times)
XIIcorps Offline
Donator

« on: January 07, 2013, 04:16:00 am »

Ive noticed that the bofors if used correctly can gain quite a few kills.
But their are some incredible counters to this emplacement that can insta kill any of its gained vet.

These being V1's, firestorm Hummel inc barrage.

Now the bofors at Vet 2 if it ever makes it that far, earns +10 sight.
What good is extra sight to a static emplacement whose sight exceeds its maxmimum range.

I would like to propose a +5 or +7 range for the bofors at vet2.

some of My kids i work with shower me Wink
Heartmann Offline
Officer of Kindness

« Reply #1 on: January 07, 2013, 06:19:32 am »

Range increase is something that seldom is applied here, might be better to give it higher health or resistances, etc.

In the basement getting drunk.
It's not really creepy until I show up.............

- I've heard of being an animal in bed but...

- The phallic principle of the Navy Wink
LeoPhone Offline
Honoured Member

« Reply #2 on: January 07, 2013, 11:05:41 am »

I tried giving the bofors survivability buffs as vet and ran into problems. Assume that it is not going to happen. A range increase can be discussed.
tank130 Offline
Sugar Daddy

« Reply #3 on: January 07, 2013, 11:14:32 am »

I tried giving the bofors survivability buffs as vet and ran into problems. Assume that it is not going to happen. A range increase can be discussed.

What kind of problems? Not being sarcastic, just nice to know what the issues were to get perspective.

Geez, while Wind was banned I forgot that he is, in fact, totally insufferable
I'm not going to lie Tig, 9/10 times you open your mouth, I'm overwhelmed with the urge to put my foot in it.
LeoPhone Offline
Honoured Member

« Reply #4 on: January 07, 2013, 02:29:23 pm »

Coding issues.
Ahnungsloser Offline
Donator

« Reply #5 on: January 07, 2013, 02:35:33 pm »

ATG guns have a received damage buff and they are crewed support wapeons too. Why is that not possible for the bofors?

Bring back the +50%/+125% emplacement health from the Captain aura.. . At least it would be a good trade-off because you need
a special unit to get this buff.

9th Armoured Engineers
LeoPhone Offline
Honoured Member

« Reply #6 on: January 07, 2013, 02:46:11 pm »

Because coding issues.
tank130 Offline
Sugar Daddy

« Reply #7 on: January 07, 2013, 03:03:22 pm »

Because coding issues.

Thanks for your extended effort of answering the question Leo. It is this extra effort you put in that makes the community and the development team look forward to you and your abilities when Eirr2 comes around............ or not.
PonySlaystation Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #8 on: January 07, 2013, 03:11:02 pm »

EIR should stay as far away from emplacements as possible.

Sharks are not monsters Henley, they are cute, cuddly and misunderstood. They love humans. sometimes they love TOO much. They love people so much that sometimes their kisses separate people into two flailing pieces which are consumed by other sharks in a frenzy of peace and joy.
Ahnungsloser Offline
Donator

« Reply #9 on: January 07, 2013, 03:36:46 pm »

Because coding issues.

Thanks for proving that you're social incompatible due to coder's issues.
LeoPhone Offline
Honoured Member

« Reply #10 on: January 07, 2013, 03:42:02 pm »

If you are interested in learning RGD Coding, here is a tutorial: http://forums.relicnews.com/showthread.php?266428-NEW-The-Grand-How-To-v2-%28FAQ%29-%28Read-This%29

Once you are capable of understanding whats going on feel free to post a meaningful suggestion on how to implement survivability buffs for emplacements and I will read and reply carefully.
aeroblade56 Offline
Development

« Reply #11 on: January 07, 2013, 03:45:38 pm »

Just the tip leo.

You are welcome to your opinion.

You are also welcome to be wrong.
Spartan_Marine88 Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #12 on: January 07, 2013, 03:58:26 pm »

Because coding issues.
Honestly leo, if you can tell us what in the RGDs you have been having issues with when it comes to the bofors then maybe you can get help. As it stands the work done in EIRR is often quite messy and digging through the RGD's to try to get a comprehension of your work is tiring and a waste of time when you could just list what things you have tried, possibly some values or attributes you have messed with and what the end cause is, and its a lot easier for those who have experience with RGD's might give you a hand.

« Last Edit: January 07, 2013, 04:04:29 pm by Spartan_Marine88 » Logged

Yes that's me, the special snowflake.
hans Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #13 on: January 07, 2013, 04:14:05 pm »

If you are interested in making a mod, here is a tutorial: http://forums.relicnews.com/showthread.php?266428-NEW-The-Grand-How-To-v2-%28FAQ%29-%28Read-This%29

dudei dudei blah blah i reply carefully blah blah dudei dudei

hmm, yeah sounds legit. i want to make a mod now  Grin

Also, bad analogy ground, My vegetables never pissed on my ego when I decided they defeated me and gave up on dessert.
LeoPhone Offline
Honoured Member

« Reply #14 on: January 07, 2013, 04:29:10 pm »

Honestly leo, if you can tell us what in the RGDs you have been having issues with when it comes to the bofors then maybe you can get help. As it stands the work done in EIRR is often quite messy and digging through the RGD's to try to get a comprehension of your work is tiring and a waste of time when you could just list what things you have tried, possibly some values or attributes you have messed with and what the end cause is, and its a lot easier for those who have experience with RGD's might give you a hand.

Thats true, but it will cost me my own free time to type this out in detail, and the chance of this resulting in something useful for me or the mod I estimate is small.
Why do I estimate them small? Because as far as I know no one else currently active in the EIR community has equal or near RGD coding skills as me. Some may know how to read them, but understanding the rules of changing them is something completely different. Does this make me an ego when it comes to RGD coding? Yes. Did that partly fuel my previous responses? a bit, sorry I guess.
Spartan_Marine88 Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #15 on: January 07, 2013, 04:46:48 pm »

Thats true, but it will cost me my own free time to type this out in detail, and the chance of this resulting in something useful for me or the mod I estimate is small.
Why do I estimate them small? Because as far as I know no one else currently active in the EIR community has equal or near RGD coding skills as me. Some may know how to read them, but understanding the rules of changing them is something completely different. Does this make me an ego when it comes to RGD coding? Yes. Did that partly fuel my previous responses? a bit, sorry I guess.

Leo, RGDs aren't hard, just time consuming and require a bit of patience and logic and time. And I am sorry i even offered a bit of help.
« Last Edit: January 07, 2013, 04:48:34 pm by Spartan_Marine88 » Logged
LeoPhone Offline
Honoured Member

« Reply #16 on: January 07, 2013, 06:01:32 pm »

You weren't specifying you. you were talking about "us".
And no the basics of RGDs may not be hard, even a lot of the rest I wouldn't call hard. but you still need to know the rules of changing RGDs and weather its hard or not, if you don't know it then you don't know it. I don't have time to teach you about one specific rule of the 1000 rules of RGDs in a thread that will get buried soon. I don't see the payoff either. If I really cared about the bofors vet thing enough I would think about it more and talk with my fellow coders and probably be able to fix it. I don't need help of people without knowledge. Honestly the only help I need of you guys is what alpha tig said. stop being a bitch.
tank130 Offline
Sugar Daddy

« Reply #17 on: January 07, 2013, 06:04:38 pm »

sigh........
LeoPhone Offline
Honoured Member

« Reply #18 on: January 07, 2013, 06:05:45 pm »

Its nothing personal, its just logic thinking. An artist painting isn't going to ask about specific painting techniques either to people who admire their art but never held a paintbrush themselves in their life.
tank130 Offline
Sugar Daddy

« Reply #19 on: January 07, 2013, 06:14:04 pm »

ATG guns have a received damage buff and they are crewed support wapeons too. Why is that not possible for the bofors?

Bring back the +50%/+125% emplacement health from the Captain aura.. . At least it would be a good trade-off because you need
a special unit to get this buff.

With the information provided by our coding department, we will have to assume they were not able to make the changes in a suitable balanced manner - or they are unwilling to make the changes.

We have been approached by coders from some other mods who would like to be on our team when we expand over to Eirr2. Perhaps at that time those coders will be able to come up with a solution or at least be able to provide a reasonable explanation.

Until then, jumping down Leo's throat for his inability to find a solution or provide a polite answer is not going to change anything.

Its nothing personal, its just logic thinking. An artist painting isn't going to ask about specific painting techniques either to people who admire their art but never held a paintbrush themselves in their life.
And for anyone interested in painting, here is a link to some very in depth painting techniques free for even us stupid people to read.

http://www.filarecki.com/painting-techniques-blog.html
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ILh_jKeVKIs
http://handcannononline.com/blog/tag/advanced-painting-techniques/

Yup, we are done here.
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

TinyPortal v1.0 beta 4 © Bloc