Account

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 16, 2024, 10:04:02 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Resources

Recent posts

[March 08, 2024, 12:13:38 am]

[March 08, 2024, 12:12:54 am]

[March 08, 2024, 12:09:37 am]

[December 30, 2023, 08:00:58 pm]

[February 04, 2023, 11:46:41 am]

[December 25, 2022, 11:36:26 am]

[December 14, 2022, 12:10:06 am]

[September 22, 2022, 06:57:30 am]

[August 22, 2022, 05:10:35 pm]

[May 26, 2022, 10:13:22 am]
Pages: [1] 2   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Bofors  (Read 9219 times)
XIIcorps Offline
Donator

« on: January 08, 2013, 05:23:18 am »

Seeing as my previous bofors thread was derailed and locked i would like to start anew.

Bofors vet 2 giving it a useless 10+ sight is the issue.

I would like to see it instead recieve +5 or +7 range at Vet 2

Reason being as soon as they are often found they are hit by many 1 hit ko's be it V1 firestorm or Hummel inc barrage.
I know units usually do not receive range with vet, but it is also an emplacement and the 25 pdr receives a +35 range at vet 2.

+5 or +7 range is not a game breaking boost as far as i can tell this would bring it to a total range of 50 or 52, still easily sniped by atg's marders 88's or mortars.

Another option i would suggest is maybe removing the emplacement outright and using a unit from the Blitz mod which is a bofors on a truck similar to the opel blitz 20mm.

some of My kids i work with shower me Wink
Hicks58 Offline
Development

« Reply #1 on: January 08, 2013, 06:59:27 am »

Well, we've already got the 40mm on a Halftrack. It's paired up with two .50cal's, but hey, that's nit picking lol.

I mean I know Obama was the first one in EiR to get a card. and tbfh the Race card is pretty OP. but Romney has the K.K.K., those guys seem to camo anywhere. So OP units from both sides.
At the end of the day, however, stormtroopers finally got the anal invasion with a cactus they have richly deserved for years.
XIIcorps Offline
Donator

« Reply #2 on: January 08, 2013, 07:16:45 am »

But thats a reward unit hicks, im talking about replacing the emplacement for a RSE unlock.
Hicks58 Offline
Development

« Reply #3 on: January 08, 2013, 07:19:41 am »

You're right, it is a reward unit.

However, if the need is truly great then there is nothing stopping the unit from being balanced with the standard units. From there it can be given a proper price and integrated with RSE.
brn4meplz Offline
Misinformation Officer

« Reply #4 on: January 08, 2013, 09:01:03 am »

Well the 88 outrages everything in its  category and that's what makes it good. Players know to fear it. I don't see why the boors can't have more range also. The population would need to go up depending on the final range value.

I'm also in favor of doing the exact same thing for the flakvierling.

He thinks Tactics is a breath mint

Wow I think that was the nicest thing brn ever posted!  Tongue

the pussy of a prostitute is not tight enough for destroy a condom Wink
TheVolskinator Offline
Administrator / Lead Developer

« Reply #5 on: January 08, 2013, 09:28:33 am »

Well, we've already got the 40mm on a Halftrack. It's paired up with two .50cal's, but hey, that's nit picking lol.

37mm semi-automatic cannon*, if memory serves.

But statistically, yes, a Bofors  Smiley

Honestly, let the Bofos kill things within it's range (e.g. improve accuracy vs infantry) and/or tweak the inverse accuracy--IMHO it's a holdover from vCoH and has no place here; the Flakvierling suffers no such issue *iirc* and is generally more effective (barring the fact it's part of a seldom-used T3).
« Last Edit: January 08, 2013, 09:36:03 am by TheVolskinator » Logged

Quote from: tank130
I want to ensure we have a 100% decision on the process before we do the wipe.
If not, then I wipe, then someone gets something they shouldn't, then it gets abused, then the shit hits the fan and then I ban shab.

Getting EiR:R Released on Steam

Forum Rules & Guidelines
PonySlaystation Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #6 on: January 08, 2013, 03:52:07 pm »

The Bofors doesn't need buffs. Not only is ímmobile emplacements bad for gameplay. But it's already a powerful unit. It's very good at killing infantry, most vehicles, it can't get flanked, it shoots down airplanes, it's cheap and it's low pop. The only reason it's not a killing machine is because it's immobile and people avoid it. So if anything that's the problem. Make it into a mobile unit that can be decrewed like any other support weapon.

But it's main effectiveness is still to lure out paks and mortars, since those are the most common counters. So when the enemy exposes his Pak to fire at the Bofors you have an excellent opportunity to kill it. Denying the enemy Paks is a powerful tool when you're playing RE and have loads of vehicles.

Sharks are not monsters Henley, they are cute, cuddly and misunderstood. They love humans. sometimes they love TOO much. They love people so much that sometimes their kisses separate people into two flailing pieces which are consumed by other sharks in a frenzy of peace and joy.
TheVolskinator Offline
Administrator / Lead Developer

« Reply #7 on: January 08, 2013, 04:59:34 pm »

But it's main effectiveness is still to lure out paks and mortars, since those are the most common counters. So when the enemy exposes his Pak to fire at the Bofors you have an excellent opportunity to kill it. Denying the enemy Paks is a powerful tool when you're playing RE and have loads of vehicles.

That's like saying "Snipers are most effective to draw out enemy bikes and jeeps so they don't expose your positions later."
PonySlaystation Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #8 on: January 08, 2013, 05:10:59 pm »

How is that a valid comparison? Bikes aren't expensive.
XIIcorps Offline
Donator

« Reply #9 on: January 09, 2013, 03:07:02 am »

how arent they pony ? considering the common use of bikes to target snipers is 3. so 3x 90mp and 10fu

270mp 30fu being wasted is a rather inconvenient loss of resources.

Back to the bofors, with the highly fluid gameplay EIR is about emplacements in the game are a thing of the past.

SO i would like to maybe get a petition going for increasing the bofors range, mobility and even pop cap to 5-6
ick312 Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #10 on: January 09, 2013, 05:24:32 am »

hey yes change the vet advantage, cause there are other balance issues these days
« Last Edit: January 09, 2013, 05:29:09 am by ick312 » Logged

I don't know Wind, that whole 21 virgins thing kinda peaked my interest a little .......
From fucking kids to fucking christ, jesus heartmann. Just stop already you filthy monster, you are only making it worse
XIIcorps Offline
Donator

« Reply #11 on: January 09, 2013, 06:14:23 am »

Ick i dont understand your post? its like it wants to be sarcastic, but its missing a chromosome or two and is retarded.
Scotzmen Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #12 on: January 09, 2013, 07:14:15 am »

Ick i dont understand your post? its like it wants to be sarcastic, but its missing a chromosome or two and is retarded.

Actually, handicapped people have 1 more set of chromosomes. They have 24 pairs, wereas the normal have only 23. Wink
RikiRude Offline
Donator

« Reply #13 on: January 09, 2013, 08:14:22 am »

Not sure if its possible to do it in this manner. But if you can make the bofors on a vehicle that can't shoot unless its locked down. Give it like ostwind armor, but when its locked down it gets stronger armor.

Quote from: Killer344
Killer344: "Repent: sory no joke i just had savage diorea"
... or a fat ass cock sucking churchill being stupid
nikomas Offline
Shameless Perv

« Reply #14 on: January 09, 2013, 12:50:36 pm »

The correct term is "People who are mentally disabled". Handicapped is a derogatory term.
I know a few people with "Issues", the ones I know would not really care what term is used, why?

They're smart enough to know that changing how it's said does not change the meaning... I fucking hate these "Nice ways to put it", it's as if people think changing how you say it will somehow change a condition.

Besides, a handicap is a physical or mental disability and thus it is not incorrect to call anyone with a permanent or even a temporary disability that can cause issues in normal life handicapped.
« Last Edit: January 09, 2013, 12:54:49 pm by nikomas » Logged

"You can always count on Americans to do the right thing—after they've tried everything else."

Quote from: PonySlaystation
The officer is considerably better than a riflemen squad at carrying weapons. Officers have good accuracy so they will hit most targets.
Hicks58 Offline
Development

« Reply #15 on: January 09, 2013, 01:05:06 pm »

I know a few people with "Issues", the ones I know would not really care what term is used, why?

They're smart enough to know that changing how it's said does not change the meaning... I fucking hate these "Nice ways to put it", it's as if people think changing how you say it will somehow change a condition.

Besides, a handicap is a physical or mental disability and thus it is not incorrect to call anyone with a permanent or even a temporary disability that can cause issues in normal life handicapped.

This.
Mysthalin Offline
Tired King of Stats

« Reply #16 on: January 09, 2013, 02:02:54 pm »

Since when is handicapped a derogatory word? I've not seen it used in that capacity... ever, let alone in my 3 years in England. In fact, I'm certain most firms will use phrases like "handicapped accessible" to indicate they are prepared to accomodate for wheelchairs users, etc.

And if somebody is truly insulted by the word "handicapped" they really need to stay off the internet forever, as they'd be dead from the mental scarring within 5 minutes otherwise.

aeroblade56 Offline
Development

« Reply #17 on: January 09, 2013, 02:03:34 pm »

More equal yeah sure. Someone that gets mentaly disabled due to drug abuse and aclohol(chefartz) is not of equal status, Not in the goverments eye or anyone else's equal the a hard working average person who pays their bills on time and has a job and contributes to society instead of leech.

You are welcome to your opinion.

You are also welcome to be wrong.
tank130 Offline
Sugar Daddy

« Reply #18 on: January 09, 2013, 02:12:26 pm »

Handicapped implies that they are not capable of doing what others can do, and as such are worth less than othes.

I work in construction. I am in a trench shoveling dirt. Some dude missing both his legs and arms rolls into the trench.

No matter how you spin it (or him......snicker) he is worth less then me for that job

If it takes other people or more resources to help a person to accomplish the same thing as an equally educated and trained person, then that disabled person is NOT worth the same.

Geez, while Wind was banned I forgot that he is, in fact, totally insufferable
I'm not going to lie Tig, 9/10 times you open your mouth, I'm overwhelmed with the urge to put my foot in it.
Mysthalin Offline
Tired King of Stats

« Reply #19 on: January 09, 2013, 02:21:20 pm »

"I'm gonna burn my dad's face off with acid"

"Stop calling disabled people handicapped. It hurts their feelings"

K, I'll be a bit more careful next time.
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

TinyPortal v1.0 beta 4 © Bloc