Account

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 02, 2024, 04:34:06 am

Login with username, password and session length

Resources

Recent posts

[April 29, 2024, 01:55:18 am]

[April 22, 2024, 03:40:53 am]

[April 21, 2024, 12:02:54 pm]

[April 06, 2024, 02:26:25 am]

[March 08, 2024, 12:13:38 am]

[March 08, 2024, 12:13:13 am]

[March 08, 2024, 12:12:54 am]

[December 30, 2023, 08:00:58 pm]

[February 04, 2023, 11:46:41 am]

[December 25, 2022, 11:36:26 am]
Pages: [1] 2   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: [Brit] I think they need a buff. Increase Availability of 1 unit.  (Read 7865 times)
31stPzGren Offline
EIR Veteran

« on: May 05, 2009, 10:07:59 am »

Just increase their tommy recon section availability (non-pp requirement) from 2 to 4?

If changing units and stats is not what people like, I suggest allowing more usage for tommy recon sections. It will only benefit players who play properly and scout. At the very least, it allows the brit player to support his american ally more, and make themselves less of a liability.

I don't see the HMG + 6pdr gun inclusion making much difference to the brit gameplay. I found them easier to kill than americans... maybe its because I keep using snipers nowadays, which means that so long as there isn't a triple jeep rush or a cloaked counter sniper, I have free reign to terrorise them.

Do discuss on the tommy recon section part.
CafeMilani Offline
Aloha

« Reply #1 on: May 05, 2009, 11:03:36 am »

veryvery bad idea: they will abuse them to shoot down whole axis squads. forget it

Killer344 Offline
The Inquisitor

« Reply #2 on: May 05, 2009, 11:51:29 am »

yeah... 20 pop cap... of useless infantry after you use the snipe ability... ok, "IT WOULD BE FUCKING OP".

If I get shot and it's a gay medic fixing me up, he's not gonna be fondling my balls while he does it. You can't patch a chest wound and suck a cock at the same time.
CafeMilani Offline
Aloha

« Reply #3 on: May 05, 2009, 12:08:03 pm »

yeah... 20 pop cap... of useless infantry after you use the snipe ability... ok, "IT WOULD BE FUCKING OP".

i actually saw a bunch of vet3 recon tommies...
guys would definately abuse this shit.
BigDick
« Reply #4 on: May 05, 2009, 12:26:39 pm »

to raise the availability of recon tommis would be a good thing but lower the availability of normal tommis in trade of that
Mysthalin Offline
Tired King of Stats

« Reply #5 on: May 05, 2009, 12:49:17 pm »

If you blob select 4 recon tommies and tell them to snipe a squad, they'll snipe one guy, and all 4 will get the cooldown, as all 4 snipers will shoot Wink.
Pulling off a full axis squad snipe would require korean style 500 clicks per second.
And I've seen a vet 3 jeep, halftrack and even engineer for crying out loud. Tons of them, tbh. Doesn't mean they go around destroying entire armies.

Illegal_Carrot Offline
Global Moderator

« Reply #6 on: May 06, 2009, 06:49:14 pm »

If you blob select 4 recon tommies and tell them to snipe a squad, they'll snipe one guy, and all 4 will get the cooldown, as all 4 snipers will shoot Wink.
Pulling off a full axis squad snipe would require korean style 500 clicks per second.
And I've seen a vet 3 jeep, halftrack and even engineer for crying out loud. Tons of them, tbh. Doesn't mean they go around destroying entire armies.
Just use the snipes one after the other, rather than all at once.

I could see this being abused, but perhaps not.

I'd say, if they double the number of Recons Tommies you can take, then increase the Sniper cooldown by a small amount, perhaps to 300 seconds, then adjust it from there.

Rifle87654: Give me reward points.
Brn4meplz: I'm drunk.
AmPM Offline
Community Mapper

« Reply #7 on: May 06, 2009, 07:37:56 pm »

With the number of Stormies and such available and being used, Brits really need more Recon squads. Even if you remove the bugged sniper function and removed their firing debuff. We really just need spotters.

Make the Bren carrier a scout unit =)

gamesguy2 Offline
Honoured Member

« Reply #8 on: May 06, 2009, 08:36:00 pm »

With the number of Stormies and such available and being used, Brits really need more Recon squads. Even if you remove the bugged sniper function and removed their firing debuff. We really just need spotters.

Make the Bren carrier a scout unit =)

YES.

Give the bren carrier a +20 sight range/+10 stealth detection upgrade like tank commander for say 15 munitions, which also removes its ability to carry troops.
RikiRude Offline
Donator

« Reply #9 on: May 06, 2009, 08:59:49 pm »

Agreed make bren a scout, it's not useful for anything else, I mean is anyone REALLY going to drive in this death trap?

Quote from: Killer344
Killer344: "Repent: sory no joke i just had savage diorea"
... or a fat ass cock sucking churchill being stupid
spinn72 Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #10 on: May 06, 2009, 09:16:49 pm »

i'm thinking maybe increase Recon Squads to 3, because then we'd have enough detection for the game.

Otherwise give the Bren carrier the same statistics as a jeep, make it like a Jeep (in terms of detection and sight) and a Whermact Halftrack (in terms of the 6 troop transport) all in 1, obviously make the cost more like a Halftrack.  British need something that can spot stormtroopers from a mile away, like allies have the jeep.

Otherwise maybe make a Radio Bren Carrier or something with a bren gun and no transport, just more detection instead.
CommanderHolt Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #11 on: May 06, 2009, 09:49:10 pm »

I agree with the idea that the British need something as a mobile and fast scout vehicle. Right now, I'm using a Bren carrier w/Recon Tommies as a substitute for a jeep/motorcycle. Now, you can argue it is a heavily armored jeep and it will get that sniper, but do I really need to use 8 popcap and the expenses that goes with it that other factions can, at most only need 3 popcap and 220 manpower to do the same job?
VariantThirteen Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #12 on: May 07, 2009, 04:11:22 am »

Agreed make bren a scout, it's not useful for anything else, I mean is anyone REALLY going to drive in this death trap?
Yes, people will. They are called PE players.
Tymathee Offline
Donator

« Reply #13 on: May 07, 2009, 04:31:47 am »

I agree. Raise the recon tommy pop and/or make the bren have a good sight radius, maybe not as much as the jeep ketten bike, but good enough to at least allow the brits to have a real scout unit. That was my one main issue when i did try to use them, just no scouts Sad

"I want proof!"
"I have proof!"
"Whatever, I'm still right"

Dafuq man, don't ask for proof if you'll refuse it if it's not in your favor, logic fallacy for the bloody win.
gamesguy2 Offline
Honoured Member

« Reply #14 on: May 07, 2009, 04:43:56 am »

Yes, people will. They are called PE players.

Infantry HTs have much more hp, are more manuverable, has halftrack armor(bren carrier has shitty jeep armor) and has a gun that suppresses.

Infantry HTs are like 10 times better than brens for carrying troops.
Baine Offline
Steven Spielberg

« Reply #15 on: May 07, 2009, 05:29:53 am »

Brens take two hits from a pak before going boom. How many atg hits does a IHT survive?

Scyn Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #16 on: May 07, 2009, 05:38:43 am »

With AP rounds in
Brens take two hits from a pak before going boom. How many atg hits does a IHT survive?
With AP rounds in the front 2. Without AP rounds 3.

Hit in the side or rear, 2 shots regardless of AP rounds.

God is a genetically induced obsession that we interpret in such a way as to maintain our obedience.
Malevolence Offline
Donator

« Reply #17 on: May 07, 2009, 06:46:25 am »

There's no such thing as "side armor". It's a front hit or a rear hit, no matter where it geometrically hits on the model.

Further I'm fairly certain the rear crit table on the inf HT doesn't force-kill it at yellow health.

Akranadas' Greatest Hits, Volume 1:

Quote from: Akranadas
Vet has nothing to do with unit preformance.

Quote from: Akranadas
We are serious about enforcing this, and I am sure you all want to be able to have your balance thought considered by the development team with some biased, sensationalist coming into your thread and ruining it.
Scyn Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #18 on: May 07, 2009, 06:50:33 am »

I wasn't trying to differentiate between 'side' and 'rear' armors or imply that there were, just that either or.. it takes the same number of shots to kill it.
gamesguy2 Offline
Honoured Member

« Reply #19 on: May 07, 2009, 08:01:39 pm »

Two, but the pak shoots much faster.

In addition, how many bar rifles do you think will take to kill an IHT.   And how many LMG grens do you think it will take to kill a bren? Roll Eyes
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

TinyPortal v1.0 beta 4 © Bloc