Account

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 02, 2024, 12:25:03 am

Login with username, password and session length

Resources

Recent posts

[April 29, 2024, 01:55:18 am]

[April 22, 2024, 03:40:53 am]

[April 21, 2024, 12:02:54 pm]

[April 06, 2024, 02:26:25 am]

[March 08, 2024, 12:13:38 am]

[March 08, 2024, 12:13:13 am]

[March 08, 2024, 12:12:54 am]

[December 30, 2023, 08:00:58 pm]

[February 04, 2023, 11:46:41 am]

[December 25, 2022, 11:36:26 am]
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: I think stormtroopers need a nerf  (Read 22133 times)
Piotrskivich Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #20 on: May 18, 2009, 05:29:47 pm »

That would mean they are worthless, that would mean you would have to have scouts to make sure you clicked cloak on your stromies before the enemies saw them.
Lt_Apollo Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #21 on: May 18, 2009, 05:31:52 pm »

stormies get nefed fire up should to, its only fair. fire up imo should act like PE sprint if this is changed So IDK It will be FAIR.

Akranadas Offline
Honoured Member

« Reply #22 on: May 18, 2009, 05:36:35 pm »

Well, Fire Up has the Cooldown where units move near 50% slower after fire up has  been used, meaning they can't escape; where as you can cloak on and off without worry.
gamesguy2 Offline
Honoured Member

« Reply #23 on: May 18, 2009, 05:37:30 pm »

Well, Fire Up has the Cooldown where units move near 50% slower after fire up has  been used, meaning they can't escape; where as you can cloak on and off without worry.

Fire up did get nerfed, the ToV patch introduced exhaustion to fire up, they didn't have that before.

Storm camo is fine though, once the doctrines are sorted.
Scyn Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #24 on: May 18, 2009, 05:41:30 pm »

Storm Trooper cloak is and always will be balanced with the cost of the unit itself.

God is a genetically induced obsession that we interpret in such a way as to maintain our obedience.
Lt_Apollo Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #25 on: May 18, 2009, 06:01:38 pm »

i used to have 4 stormies in old Eir and even with 50+ RBs in mun you could still barly keep a well eqipt army AND THIS WAS IN OLD EIR. storms are extrwamly expensive and thus are well balanced for there coast. if you even tuach storms they will need A MASSIVe price reduction or they will never be USED EVER.

also once a storm squad ambushes a unit it will almost always be forced iff map due to its actions behind enemy lines. thus its usualy a 1 use weapon but one that is imo very well balanced.
Unkn0wn Offline
No longer retired

« Reply #26 on: May 18, 2009, 06:03:54 pm »

I remember the days when you could retreat to the offmap point lol.
Stormtroopers were fucking crazy then, when retreat got taken out everyone cried STs would become useless.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hMfKkS6eXjc
Groundfire Offline
EIRR community manager
EIR Veteran

« Reply #27 on: May 18, 2009, 06:05:58 pm »

also once a storm squad ambushes a unit it will almost always be forced iff map due to its actions behind enemy lines. thus its usualy a 1 use weapon but one that is imo very well balanced.

no apollo, that is just the way you use them...

1 use weapon, what a waste.

Latest Shoutcast:
EIRR Groundcast 11 "The Super Dev Showdown!!"
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IOGm79rXWhU (full version)

Jazlizard Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #28 on: May 18, 2009, 06:10:29 pm »

It's not like they instantly cloak after firing, it takes a few seconds, and it's not like they are super fast while cloaked either. People are used to running around with their support units chilling with no regular infantry support (and no a lone HMG covering your ATG doesn't count.) And once you are firing on a storm squad as far as I know they don't seem to re-cloak till they aren't being fired on anymore.

I already posted how to counter stormies in another thread, but as it seems necessary to reiterate it here again... use infantry, yeah stormies are tough, but 80% or more are running around with a shreck or 2, that means they pretty much suck vs infantry (aside from the random grenades and even then you are talking a lot of munitions per squad), 1 bar squad = gg, stay active, move around, I've uncovered lots of stormies and snipers just by randomly moving my infantry around during idle times. Oh yeah a jeep is a beautiful thing as well, sure it will likely get WTFPWNED by a storm squad when it does detect them but I'd rather lose a jeep then say my calliope.

Stormies are micro intensive when used well, they aren't as noob friendly as people like to believe, I've seen tons of players use them terribly. They are great as scouts, but people (myself included) tend to be over aggressive with them, use this to your advantage.

Their cost should reflect their power, whats next snipers that can only cloak while being still? Paks that can't move while cloaked? Oh wait we already went there... It's hard to balance some units, but how bout we try things through cost rather then changing the basic fundamentals of the game and how individual units work.

Quote from: Phil
The MOD is over. The war is over. We're too lazy to restart it. You can all go fuck pickles mom, I hear she's easy.
Akranadas Offline
Honoured Member

« Reply #29 on: May 18, 2009, 06:31:43 pm »

Well, you need to think about the committed cost of the units in the area to guard against storm troopers.

If you have an ATG (4POP) to guard it effectively against stormtroopers you will need a HMG (4POP), Jeep (3POP) Engineers to build wire (3POP) or Riflemen Squad to chase storm troopers (5POP). That is a total of 14POP to 16POP in one area of the map that isn't attacking. Compared to the 5POP of a single Storm Squad that has the potential to kill all of that in the right players hands.
EscforrealityTLS Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #30 on: May 18, 2009, 06:34:11 pm »

You use ATGs to defend against Storm troopers? Okay...

Pwanawan baby!
Akranadas Offline
Honoured Member

« Reply #31 on: May 18, 2009, 06:39:17 pm »

I'm not for or against changing cloaking on storm troopers by the way; I just like to think differently about problems people see with the modification; it doesn't mean something will come of it. Storms are a really cost effective weapon in the EIRR environment.
gamesguy2 Offline
Honoured Member

« Reply #32 on: May 18, 2009, 06:44:03 pm »

i used to have 4 stormies in old Eir and even with 50+ RBs in mun you could still barly keep a well eqipt army AND THIS WAS IN OLD EIR. storms are extrwamly expensive and thus are well balanced for there coast. if you even tuach storms they will need A MASSIVe price reduction or they will never be USED EVER.

Then you are using them wrong.  My first call in of two storms often last the entire battle.
Tymathee Offline
Donator

« Reply #33 on: May 18, 2009, 07:27:00 pm »

they may cost a bit, right now they cost less than rangers and are more effective. Even if there are more rangers on the leaderboard, there are the same amount of grens and they're a core unit, rangers aren't, just like storms. Maybe a timer to the cloak would be nice because as is, they are freakin ninja's just like the pak was, there's no real counter to a cloaked storm and someone's complaint that you'd have to scout if you had a taimer is just ridiculous, you have to do that with almost any unit.

"I want proof!"
"I have proof!"
"Whatever, I'm still right"

Dafuq man, don't ask for proof if you'll refuse it if it's not in your favor, logic fallacy for the bloody win.
Lt_Apollo Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #34 on: May 18, 2009, 07:45:09 pm »

i am talking about an avrg player, i used storms as frontline combat units to take out HMGs or AT guns, i never would deep strike my stormies as usualy it wasent worth it. you guys make assumptions to easly.
Pak75mm Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #35 on: May 18, 2009, 08:43:38 pm »

lol they are paper thin.

i use 4
2 x2 shrecks
2 x2 stg44s

i see ranger i run away from them lol. storms are a huge plus for me because of my utter lack of arty for PE. I can sneak around and decrew weapons, i can sneak around and kill that fucking cloaked sniper, i can sneak around and kill that howie or that pesky sherman. It teaches allies not to be noobs that charge into a goddamn tank with i win fireup or button without the worry of being caught in a ninja trap. Its utter nonsense asking them to be nerfed when rangers have fire up, smgs and zooks that allows them to deal with ALL THREATS BUT HEAVY TANKS. When used right rangers do what people would considered OP in storms. Most idiots throw storms head on they die the same cant be said with rangers since they can fireup run away in most circumstances.

You cant nerf em enuff. What can you do? the shcrecks their bread and butter are expensive, stg44s are not god like they were actually decreased in cost. The camo is what makes em what they are. Lets take away fire up and see your rangers run down tanks or support teams. Lets see those RRs fireup to chase that almost dead tank. LOL cmon. Hey while we are at it lets smoke a huge bowl of saliva and trip out on visions of stormtroopers killing everything in your house and then cloaking lol.

If theres any kind of nerf i can think off....you can 1 increase their cost to some absurd price and make em cost PPs for after 2, i pay 2pp and 4pps for my 4th storm. Increase price on shcreks, Increase Pop cost? Increase what else...bundle nade price...increase assault nade price....mmmm wait you still would get owned. If you nerf cloaking to just be a 30 sec thing....might as well nerf snipers and make em only cloak in cover lol.
RikiRude Offline
Donator

« Reply #36 on: May 18, 2009, 08:48:10 pm »

the only nerf stormtroopers need is for rifles to be able to lay barb wire. i never have trouble killing them, maybe because i use them as well. so i know how to counter them? but it would make things way easier if my rifles could lay wire.

Quote from: Killer344
Killer344: "Repent: sory no joke i just had savage diorea"
... or a fat ass cock sucking churchill being stupid
gamesguy2 Offline
Honoured Member

« Reply #37 on: May 18, 2009, 08:49:57 pm »

i am talking about an avrg player, i used storms as frontline combat units to take out HMGs or AT guns, i never would deep strike my stormies as usualy it wasent worth it. you guys make assumptions to easly.

There's your problem.

I have mortars nebels, snipers, light vehicles, etc to decrew MGs and At guns, using storms on them is usually a waste unless its completely isolated.  Although popping off a volley of shreks at an AT gun at long range is usually worth it, but thats not decrewing, but rather destroying the gun.

I dont bother with mp44s either, storms are not meant to charge up to things, its a good way to get raped by suppression.

I deep strike my storms sometimes.  A squad of storms is always worth trading for a priest or calliope.
« Last Edit: May 18, 2009, 08:51:45 pm by gamesguy2 » Logged
Mgallun74 Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #38 on: May 18, 2009, 08:53:20 pm »

again...  invisible dudes walking around the battlefield in uncovered areas is LAME.

gamesguy2 Offline
Honoured Member

« Reply #39 on: May 18, 2009, 08:55:59 pm »

again...  invisible dudes walking around the battlefield in uncovered areas is LAME.

Meh, its fine once doctrines come in and we dont see 95% of wehr as blitz.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

TinyPortal v1.0 beta 4 © Bloc