Account

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 01, 2024, 05:33:57 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Resources

Recent posts

[April 29, 2024, 01:55:18 am]

[April 22, 2024, 03:40:53 am]

[April 21, 2024, 12:02:54 pm]

[April 06, 2024, 02:26:25 am]

[March 08, 2024, 12:13:38 am]

[March 08, 2024, 12:13:13 am]

[March 08, 2024, 12:12:54 am]

[December 30, 2023, 08:00:58 pm]

[February 04, 2023, 11:46:41 am]

[December 25, 2022, 11:36:26 am]
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: I think stormtroopers need a nerf  (Read 22132 times)
panzerjager1943 Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #40 on: May 18, 2009, 09:03:41 pm »

Mgallun I assure you if this mod went for realism the state of balance would be out the window, across the road, and in the neighbor's trashcan.
Mgallun74 Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #41 on: May 18, 2009, 09:18:21 pm »

Mgallun I assure you if this mod went for realism the state of balance would be out the window, across the road, and in the neighbor's trashcan.

ya i know, but some realism is needed... fantasy klingon birds of prey is gamey, so ya, this is a game, so ok..

AmPM Offline
Community Mapper

« Reply #42 on: May 18, 2009, 09:25:55 pm »

So are snipers, and men not dying from a couple bullets, and why does a Panther or ATG have to hit a tank multiple times?

In fact, lets make all hits count as casualties, and all penetrating vehicle hits destroy/disable. Then we can have a realistic game!!

Oh wait! That would be a shitty game!

Cry more, I use brits and we have the least way to detect them...and they still die.

Pak75mm Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #43 on: May 18, 2009, 09:32:27 pm »

So are snipers, and men not dying from a couple bullets, and why does a Panther or ATG have to hit a tank multiple times?

In fact, lets make all hits count as casualties, and all penetrating vehicle hits destroy/disable. Then we can have a realistic game!!

Oh wait! That would be a shitty game!

Cry more, I use brits and we have the least way to detect them...and they still die.

i have an easier time killing them with brits lol since i have bren spam with FF on any of them lol. They just get out right raped. Heck we need to nerf brens since FF and LT are damn good....look at ducks fricking tommy horde! he copied my build from last war lol
CommanderHolt Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #44 on: May 18, 2009, 10:13:49 pm »

Are you kidding PaK88? British pretty much have a very limited means of detecting Camouflaged units much less Stormtroopers.

The only thing that has decent detection for British is the Recon Tommies (restricted 2 without pps) and Lts. or Capt. and obviously, you must be REALLY dumb (or desperate) in order to risk an essential unit like officers (which are probably on the top of Stormtrooper or Snipers hitlist).

The only thing that the British can get some mobile detection is to stick a Recon squad into a Bren carrier, which happens to be easily blown up by shreks all the same. (Not to mention 8 pop)

Also a Tommy horde would probably owned by Assault!
BigDick
« Reply #45 on: May 18, 2009, 11:16:10 pm »

Does anyone see a post from bigdick in this thread? I dont.

to sad that i see smokaz is whining again

Also take notice how there are NO rifles in the leaderboard. Wehr leaderboard consists mainly of super grenadiers and storms.

i see hoards of rangers
i got one vet3 rangersquad in 2 games

Also dont expect a lot of neutral opinions here as currently it seems like 90% of all wehr companies are blitz.

i played mainly defensive before i switched almost completely to us now

btw: you pe sucks  Roll Eyes

Well, Fire Up has the Cooldown where units move near 50% slower after fire up has  been used, meaning they can't escape; where as you can cloak on and off without worry.

lol cloak has the penalty to move slowly and cloake makes no sense to be on a cooldown because other than rangers (where everything runs away from them) you need to crawl away slowly with your storms to be not raped

it is like

storms: oh fuck there is a riflesquad (try to guessing there way they will move) hope they will not find my storms or supression fire makes another squad (25% of my storms) useless for this battle

rangers: chaaarrrggeee don`t run away pussy

again...  invisible dudes walking around the battlefield in uncovered areas is LAME.

maybe you should think about not trying to solve every problem by dropping artillery
if that is your main combat ability i would agree if you say you have problems to hit cloaked units

there where some tips given how to "decloak" stroms

and if you play very defensively "patrolling" rifles (by command queue) are one of the most effective ways
« Last Edit: May 18, 2009, 11:24:50 pm by BigDick » Logged
Demon767 Offline
Warmap Betatester
EIR Veteran

« Reply #46 on: May 18, 2009, 11:19:47 pm »

no way ur getting through a brit wall

Generalleutnant of The Reichs Wolves

Nevergetsputonlistguy767
nugnugx Offline
Donator

« Reply #47 on: May 19, 2009, 12:19:53 am »

Stormtroopers are only blitz doctrine , are doctrine ability and availability is only 4

storms die to rangers

nuff said

Nijo Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #48 on: May 19, 2009, 12:20:54 am »

No rifelman in the Leaderboard?

boxxy didnt got them ^^

And a question: what is changing that much wich the new doctrins?
Must be a hugh change than? Any information?
Baine Offline
Steven Spielberg

« Reply #49 on: May 19, 2009, 03:05:56 am »

Stormtroopers and more so Grenadiers are one of the units that will make it out alive. I mean, they have decent health and 4 men.
Stormtroopers will be killed more often though as they may get detected or won't make it out alive.

And who says that there are no Riflemen? I mean comon, the leaderboard hasn't enough room, but i know that there is a lot of Vet 3 Rifles out there. It's just that the Rangers will gain more Exp, as they are much more vasatile and can take a beating.

Mgallun74 Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #50 on: May 19, 2009, 06:12:27 am »

storms + cloak + taking a sunday walk = LAME!  and nice crutch
Scyn Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #51 on: May 19, 2009, 06:23:42 am »

I don't even know why you people are continuing on in this thread. I already said Storm Troopers are not changing like 3 pages back. Getting your gripe in there isn't going to make a difference.

God is a genetically induced obsession that we interpret in such a way as to maintain our obedience.
Nijo Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #52 on: May 19, 2009, 06:54:56 am »

but i am interested in the changes about the doctrins  Grin

tell us something  Huh
Scyn Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #53 on: May 19, 2009, 07:04:46 am »

Currently the Doctrine outlines are about 95% complete with room for modification. We're now going through the courses it takes to bring the abilities to life. Once we have a working version you'll all get to see it.
Bubz Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #54 on: May 20, 2009, 06:50:32 am »

I don't know what, but something should be done about these units, like smokaz and akranadas said, they have pretty good ideas.
I'm trying to upload a video on youtube where a storm squads pops a medikit while cloacked wait the second of slow down and then owns shit running and healing at the same time. Medikits make the practically invulnerable in that time.
I think it was shown in the replay of elitegren, they basically, popped medikits, killed engies and barred rifles with some help, then got suppressed, assault on hmg, then run while healing to other riflesquad, killed it, went to another, threw nade, killed 4 guys out of six, got suppressd, lost 2 guy, recloacked underfire, went away.
« Last Edit: May 20, 2009, 07:11:50 am by Bubz » Logged
nugnugx Offline
Donator

« Reply #55 on: May 20, 2009, 07:31:08 am »

allot of allied fanboying here

on leaderboards there are only rangers  , while wehr its 50/50 storm grens

that proves more about rangers than storms
« Last Edit: May 20, 2009, 07:32:48 am by nugnugx » Logged
Lt_Apollo Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #56 on: May 20, 2009, 07:35:34 am »

what dont you guys get, storms are not chanfing, they have been the same in all versions Of EiR including pr OF compatability and there EXTREAM coast and low number of supply decrease the number on the feild. The allys just need to adapt its not like this is new.

what i see going on is that certain allys dont like having there units killed so they rant about how axis is so OP well suck it up. first the PaK now the storms, the axis have these units built this way for a reasion, changing them would basicly violate EiRs policy of No stat changing witch has served it well in the past, if you still think the unit is OP Then BOOST THE PRICE. dont call for a nerf on a unit.

nugnugx Offline
Donator

« Reply #57 on: May 20, 2009, 07:37:36 am »

the pak and storms were like this since forever

old players do not whine

see the thread maker > eot
Dnicee Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #58 on: May 20, 2009, 08:00:10 am »

I agree lets nerf everything that the axis have. You know lets fucking nerf the volks to. one time i saw one squad volks had 45 kills....and that makes them op. shit lets fucking nerf every bla bla BigDick bla bla unit bla bla allies bla bla bla fanboy bla bla bla bubz blablabla bla axis bla bla whine whine blablaa red whine....

The point is let the devs decide...

you get pretty tired of some ppl here. like BigDick/axis fanboy = bubz/allied fanboy = retarded posts

Instead of making problems, try to come up with some solutions.

Scyn Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #59 on: May 20, 2009, 08:27:01 am »

I loves Dnicee.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

TinyPortal v1.0 beta 4 © Bloc