Account

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 13, 2024, 07:27:51 am

Login with username, password and session length

Resources

Recent posts

[March 08, 2024, 12:13:38 am]

[March 08, 2024, 12:12:54 am]

[March 08, 2024, 12:09:37 am]

[December 30, 2023, 08:00:58 pm]

[February 04, 2023, 11:46:41 am]

[December 25, 2022, 11:36:26 am]

[December 14, 2022, 12:10:06 am]

[September 22, 2022, 06:57:30 am]

[August 22, 2022, 05:10:35 pm]

[May 26, 2022, 10:13:22 am]
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Sync Errors  (Read 2301 times)
WildZontar Offline
Donator

« on: October 29, 2010, 11:00:52 pm »

Whenever I try to watch my replays, I always get sync errors, even weirder is that each deployment is my first battalion PE deployment of a few assault grenadiers and an armored car as soon as it gets midway to the field, the game ends, this happens regardless of what faction I am playing. I have not changed anything that I can see to cause it, I did change my sounds, although I reverted them back, I did accidentally delete my PE Commanders and maybe that could affect it? I had this great replay although I lost and I would really like to be able to watch it at least one more time Smiley

Zontar is a filthy sludge-dwelling muppet, thats why.
Y U SAVED US FROM GOING INTO BANKRUPT!
ALL BOW DOWN TO WILDZONTAR!
brn4meplz Offline
Misinformation Officer

« Reply #1 on: October 29, 2010, 11:07:50 pm »

The replay system in EiRR is a 2 file process. You need the Replay file itself (Example.rec)

you also need the Europeinruinsbattle.sga from your EiR Archives folder. Because it's the battlefile that dictates what is called on and when it's necessary to have. Otherwise your replays desync after 1 minute.

The reason it shows your PE company is that's the last battle you played and hence your battlefile will display that company.

If you want to save replays just save the replay file and put the Battlefile with it. When you want to watch that replay you need use that old battleifle to overwrite your current one.

Tutorial here
http://forums.europeinruins.com/index.php?topic=8286.0

He thinks Tactics is a breath mint

Wow I think that was the nicest thing brn ever posted!  Tongue

the pussy of a prostitute is not tight enough for destroy a condom Wink
WildZontar Offline
Donator

« Reply #2 on: October 29, 2010, 11:56:54 pm »

Alright thanks, that helped, now I still only have 1 synced error game, oh well, guess you can't save all of em :3
doesnttalkmuch Offline
Donator

« Reply #3 on: June 29, 2011, 05:39:31 am »

I also get Sync errors now and then when I try to enjoy a replay.

My question is when is the europeinruinsbattlefile.sga file overwritten by a new game (killing instantly my last replay = sync errors)... is it overwritten when I am in the launcher in a new game and we all go to status "RTL" or is it already overwritten when we all go to status "S" supplies or is it only touched, when we all have loaded the map and are ingame?

From my point of view it is touched when we all go to "RTL"

Question two: Eagleonthesky uploaded a nice replay from map Bocage 3vs3 ... I copied the two files over my own but I was not able to have the replay without sync errors. For this there must be another reason. Maybe... since the replay was uploaded an update occured or something. So no one is able to see the replay anymore.

Best regards
doesnttalkmuch

now you live [Click] now u r dead
Mister Schmidt Offline
Lawmaker

« Reply #4 on: June 29, 2011, 05:42:08 am »

The battlefile gets overwritten when you click "LAUNCH" because that's when you download the new battlefile.

And also, you will be unable to watch replays from previous patches, unless you reapply the previous patch for the specific replay.

and 6th " Main Thing " is you have to Chant " hare krishna hare krishna krishna krishna hare hare hare rama hare rama rama rama hare hare ".
"Seeing Bigdick in his full sado mask attire, David couldn't help but feel a tingle in his special place.."
brn4meplz Offline
Misinformation Officer

« Reply #5 on: June 29, 2011, 05:42:43 am »

When you hit the Launch button it transfers the new battle file to you. You'll have to save the old battle fiels to watch older replays.
Unkn0wn Offline
No longer retired

« Reply #6 on: June 29, 2011, 05:44:25 am »

You need to be wary of the replay dates, ANY replays that were posted before a patch will no longer work and cause a 'sync error'. (Because basically the replay is using an older version of the game that your game files can no longer relate to)

We had a patch on saturday/sunday, this means that you can only download replays that have been released these last few days. In the future we'll probably look at allowing people to download older versions of the game to watch replays (in addition to downloading replays through the launcher, etc) For now, if there's a good replay, you can just back up the attrib.sga when a patch hits.
doesnttalkmuch Offline
Donator

« Reply #7 on: June 29, 2011, 06:13:29 am »

Thx 4 the answers
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

TinyPortal v1.0 beta 4 © Bloc