Account

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 08, 2024, 10:05:50 am

Login with username, password and session length

Resources

Recent posts

[Today at 08:25:25 am]

[May 03, 2024, 11:54:46 pm]

[April 21, 2024, 12:02:54 pm]

[April 06, 2024, 02:26:25 am]

[March 08, 2024, 12:13:38 am]

[March 08, 2024, 12:13:13 am]

[March 08, 2024, 12:12:54 am]

[December 30, 2023, 08:00:58 pm]

[February 04, 2023, 11:46:41 am]

[December 25, 2022, 11:36:26 am]
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: EIR:R Secrets Revealed 9 - The Reinforcements  (Read 19609 times)
Tymathee Offline
Donator

« Reply #40 on: February 22, 2009, 06:37:04 pm »

i think it'd be nice to be able to get ur pp back so you can see what works for you. i'm using the engineers and love having sappers with extra repair just for repair duties, u sing command tank with my shermans (which have issues keeping btw) and having a firefly, which btw, cuts into the amount of tanks i can have which sux. although i found a good balance. 2 shermans, 2 stuarts, 1 firefly and 1 cct, i think thats good. I used to have 4 shermans and a croc until I got a howie, now its 3 sh ermans and a croc or just 4 shermans.

"I want proof!"
"I have proof!"
"Whatever, I'm still right"

Dafuq man, don't ask for proof if you'll refuse it if it's not in your favor, logic fallacy for the bloody win.
salan Offline
Synergies TL2 mod!

« Reply #41 on: February 23, 2009, 12:24:56 pm »

can't allow it to be refunded sorry, effects to many things, like how people use to abuse the 'get the price reductions, then switch to the buffs'.

Tymathee Offline
Donator

« Reply #42 on: February 23, 2009, 12:30:37 pm »

ahh, ok yeah, i did think of that. Alwys gotta think of the exploiters and absuers (sigh)
GrandRoyale Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #43 on: February 25, 2009, 01:28:01 pm »

One thing I don't understand: if I switch doctrines, do I lose the use of the unlocked units?  For instance, if I switch from Airborne to Infantry, do I still have use of the Airborne soldiers/AT?  Also, if I do not have OF am I able to use any British or PE doctrines/units in EIR?

Thanks,

~Grand

The true soldier fights, not because he hates what is in front of him, but because he loves what is behind him.  ~G.K. Chesterton
Baine Offline
Steven Spielberg

« Reply #44 on: February 25, 2009, 03:01:16 pm »

One thing I don't understand: if I switch doctrines, do I lose the use of the unlocked units?  For instance, if I switch from Airborne to Infantry, do I still have use of the Airborne soldiers/AT?  Also, if I do not have OF am I able to use any British or PE doctrines/units in EIR?

Thanks,

~Grand

You can't switch doctrines, won't ever happen, as stated by EiRRmod.

I don't think you can. It would probably fuck up the game.
But I'm not sure about that. It's 5€ in Europe. Just go and buy it Wink

salan Offline
Synergies TL2 mod!

« Reply #45 on: February 25, 2009, 03:03:03 pm »

you would have to erase your company to change doctrines, so yes you would lose them.
GrandRoyale Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #46 on: February 25, 2009, 04:49:45 pm »

It's 5€ in Europe. Just go and buy it Wink

Well, I would go and buy it, but I don't have any Euros because I live in the United States, where the price of OF is $20 to $30 of worthless Federal Reserve Notes, commonly know as dollars--that is if you can find OF for sale by itself (its seem to be commonly bundled with vCOH (Gold Edition), which I am not about to purchase again).  Further, there is a depression occuring here in the USA (and around the world, as you may have noticed).  So, I would rather use what little money my federal, state, and local government, my mortage bank, and inflation let me have at the end of the week to purchase things like food, gasoline, heating oil, electricity, phone and internet, and not go into debt over a fleeting luxury item.  That said, I couldn't afford a round-trip, plane ticket to Europe to buy OF for 5 equally worthless EU central bank notes, commonly known as Euros. 

I hope this sheds some light on the reason I have yet to purchase OF.

Regards,

~Grand

P.S.  Oh, I forgot to mention clothing, and vehicle maintenance costs too.
GrandRoyale Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #47 on: February 25, 2009, 04:51:23 pm »

Thank you, Salan, for the info.  Any idea if I would be able to use OF units, even though I do not have OF?  I'm thinking not, but you never know.

Thanks,

~Grand
GrandRoyale Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #48 on: February 25, 2009, 04:53:19 pm »

Thank you, Salan, for the info.  Any idea if I would be able to use OF units, even though I do not have OF?  I'm thinking not, but you never know, and I don't want to screw up COH.

Thanks,

~Grand
EscforrealityTLS Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #49 on: February 25, 2009, 05:03:17 pm »

I think you could but it has now been patched out. I'm also pretty sure that allowing it would the mod at odds with copy right law.

Pwanawan baby!
MistenTH Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #50 on: February 25, 2009, 05:15:04 pm »

So, I would rather use what little money my federal, state, and local government, my mortage bank, and inflation let me have at the end of the week to purchase things like food, gasoline, heating oil, electricity, phone and internet, and not go into debt over a fleeting luxury item. 

Regards,

~Grand

Gaming is one of the more economical leisure time activities, especially with no subscription charges. If you're still spending cash on other leisure activities and seek to save money by cutting back on those, OF will likely save you more Wink

But yea you can use OF units if you unlock them from Wehr. But you cannot play the full PE company.
GrandRoyale Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #51 on: February 26, 2009, 08:55:50 am »

Agreed, Misten.  Don't ge me wrong, I would like to purchase OF, but I'll have to wait to get some extra scratch.   Anyhow, by the time I have extra money, the third installation will probably be out.  I bought vCOH few years ago when it dropped in price after OF debued.  Right now, however, buying OF isn't going to save me any money, since buying would divert funds from savings.  And besides, I've already cut back on all liesure activites over the past year or two just out of necessity; that's why I am still playing vCOH game.

~Grand
Mysthalin_Axis Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #52 on: February 26, 2009, 09:23:47 am »

You can play as PE and Brits without OF, however you won't have any unit sounds and stuff like that, and you're technically breaking the law, as well as making the mod makers break the law for letting you play a faction you, by Relic's intention, should not have access to.
However, we don't care and won't snitch on you.
It'll be your problem bout the sound, though.
Baine Offline
Steven Spielberg

« Reply #53 on: February 26, 2009, 09:28:20 am »

Further, there is a depression occuring here in the USA (and around the world, as you may have noticed).
No shit Sherlock :O Tongue
  So, I would rather use what little money my federal, state, and local government, my mortage bank, and inflation let me have at the end of the week to purchase things like food, gasoline, heating oil, electricity, phone and internet, and not go into debt over a fleeting luxury item.  That said, I couldn't afford a round-trip, plane ticket to Europe to buy OF for 5 equally worthless EU central bank notes, commonly known as Euros. 

Regards,

~Grand

All those things are overrated!
GrandRoyale Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #54 on: February 26, 2009, 09:39:20 am »

And so is breathing, right?   Grin
Spendius Offline
EIR Regular

« Reply #55 on: February 26, 2009, 09:56:19 am »

You can play as PE and Brits without OF, however you won't have any unit sounds and stuff like that
Are you sure about that ? I though sounds & graphics were included in the big patch released with OF. I started with only OF and I could hear US & Wehr speech from enemy units.
Warlight Offline
Donator

« Reply #56 on: February 26, 2009, 10:04:31 am »

Its not thaaaat Expensive, if you found it for thirty they are trying to rip you off, its 22 something on Steam, and goes on sale every few weeks. 

Shoot, I've bought it (COH Gold ed.) for all my friends.  Some of them paid me back...

Though I tend to lose discs and such so I buy more than one copy some times, oh the money i could have saved, But at least all my freinds can lan with me because of it. 

I might even Buy it for you if I knew you better, but since you haven't found a way to get it yet, you probubly don't really want it anyway.
GrandRoyale Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #57 on: February 26, 2009, 12:09:17 pm »

Spendius and Mysthalin,

The PE and British data was included with the last update of vCOH, however, if you do not have an OF key, then they are barred from use.  I was just wondering if this was the case with EIR because I have seen mods that allow vCOH users to play against PE or British in skirmish, but prevent vCOH users from actually playing as these factions.  Like I said, I don't want to inadvertantly screw up COH.

Warlight,

"A fool and his money are soon parted."  $20 to $30 dollars is a half a week to a weeks worth of gas I could use to drive to work. 
Baine Offline
Steven Spielberg

« Reply #58 on: February 26, 2009, 12:11:42 pm »

"A fool and his money are soon parted."  $20 to $30 dollars is a half a week to a weeks worth of gas I could use to drive to work. 

Get a bicycle or go by bus/train. Do something for the world!
Flashpoint Gold Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #59 on: February 26, 2009, 12:30:00 pm »

I was just wondering if this was the case with EIR because I have seen mods that allow vCOH users to play against PE or British in skirmish, but prevent vCOH users from actually playing as these factions.

Multiplayer skirmish or singleplayer?

Playing against Brits and PE in multiplayer without OF isn't a mod.

In singleplayer, it is.

This is my signature, this is where I put all these little tidbits that show my character or just random things I found funny. Well you know what?
EFF YOU!!!!1
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

TinyPortal v1.0 beta 4 © Bloc