Account

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 05, 2024, 01:45:31 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Resources

Recent posts

[May 03, 2024, 11:54:46 pm]

[April 22, 2024, 03:40:53 am]

[April 21, 2024, 12:02:54 pm]

[April 06, 2024, 02:26:25 am]

[March 08, 2024, 12:13:38 am]

[March 08, 2024, 12:13:13 am]

[March 08, 2024, 12:12:54 am]

[December 30, 2023, 08:00:58 pm]

[February 04, 2023, 11:46:41 am]

[December 25, 2022, 11:36:26 am]
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Idea to fix assault  (Read 3908 times)
nugnugx Offline
Donator

« on: November 07, 2011, 09:30:28 am »

Lately with all the 'assault' threads here is the answer on how to 'fix' it:

Remember  ToV Tiger ace campaign and his firing mode and how you aim manualy the gun? - this is the answer
Here is how it would work:

You enable assault like you do now and assault lasts for 30 secs for example,while assault is active you have 4 or 5 or 6 grenade throws the assault icon is glowing above head so allies know you have assault enabled.You can move normaly and attack by clicking right mouse button, to throw grenade you would use both right and left click button and the grenade would fall down where you aim with your cursor at the range of current assault ability.

Things that this fixes:

for axis:
- no more wasted 50 mu when you move away your infantry because you can move freely now
- no more building dodging hopping because you can throw one grenade at building and then 2nd and 3rd instantly on the ground outside of building
- you can throw 2 grenades in first 5 secs and then next 2 grenades in the last 29 sec , whole assault is not wasted all at the same time

for allies:
- allies will not whine that your assault unit follows them on whole map throwing grenades because there is no auto move anymore, and assault is limited only to few grenades  + you have to move normaly and throw grenades where you want them to go

- allies cannot say that assault is 'no micro mode' because now you have to micro normaly like all other infantry + aim with your cursor and throw grenades.

This changes assault from spamy to tactical, because you can throw 1 grenade at center of enemy and when he runs away you can throw 2nd grenade at place where he will be.
« Last Edit: November 07, 2011, 09:35:30 am by nugnugx » Logged

Mister Schmidt Offline
Lawmaker

« Reply #1 on: November 07, 2011, 09:43:08 am »

You can't do the right & left click together afaik.

and 6th " Main Thing " is you have to Chant " hare krishna hare krishna krishna krishna hare hare hare rama hare rama rama rama hare hare ".
"Seeing Bigdick in his full sado mask attire, David couldn't help but feel a tingle in his special place.."
nugnugx Offline
Donator

« Reply #2 on: November 07, 2011, 09:45:25 am »

You can't do the right & left click together afaik.

hmm, well then assault could be normal 5 grenade throws on 30sec timer without cooldown so you can throw them one after another.
Groundfire Offline
EIRR community manager
EIR Veteran

« Reply #3 on: November 07, 2011, 11:08:30 am »

I kinda really like this. I wonder if it's even possible to put that function onto infantry units. hmm

Latest Shoutcast:
EIRR Groundcast 11 "The Super Dev Showdown!!"
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IOGm79rXWhU (full version)

MorkaandBorka Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #4 on: November 07, 2011, 11:59:58 am »

Ummmm.....do you still get buffs?  I hope not tbh, because in the right hands this could be deadly.

You only get 5 nades in total though right?

I'm really bad  - Smokaz
Tymathee Offline
Donator

« Reply #5 on: November 07, 2011, 12:34:29 pm »

I like the throw to an area idea better.

And speaking of tiger ace campaign, anybody think direct firing would be a good addition to eir or not? or should i make a separate thead.

"I want proof!"
"I have proof!"
"Whatever, I'm still right"

Dafuq man, don't ask for proof if you'll refuse it if it's not in your favor, logic fallacy for the bloody win.
nugnugx Offline
Donator

« Reply #6 on: November 07, 2011, 12:44:11 pm »

I hope not tbh, because in the right hands this could be deadly.

In the hands of a good player, just like any other thing.

I like the throw to an area idea better.

area would make it useless, i know you like it better that way Tym.
EliteGren Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #7 on: November 07, 2011, 01:06:06 pm »

Actually the area thing sounds better. Click ability, you get a big circle and that area will be bombarded with grenades. Sexy

i prefer to no u
Don't knock it til uve tried it bitchface, this isn't anything like salads version. Besides u said a semois conversion would never work, now look that's the most played map, ohgodwhy.jpg r u map lead
nugnugx Offline
Donator

« Reply #8 on: November 07, 2011, 01:09:18 pm »

Click ability, you get a big circle and that area will be bombarded with grenades.

yep and enemy just moves out of this area while your troops keep throwing grenades at empty ground.
Mister Schmidt Offline
Lawmaker

« Reply #9 on: November 07, 2011, 01:23:53 pm »

Is a 1 shot ability - you throw 3 grenades at once in a ~7 metre radius, would be good for sure
Smokaz Offline
Honoured Member

« Reply #10 on: November 07, 2011, 01:24:38 pm »

Suggestion: A R&R room with a picture of Nug on the wall.

throw back brewsky, throw darts at nug.

SlippedHerTheBigOne: big penis puma
SlippedHerTheBigOne: and i have no repairkits
SlippedHerTheBigOne: ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
EliteGren Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #11 on: November 07, 2011, 01:36:25 pm »

yep and enemy just moves out of this area while your troops keep throwing grenades at empty ground.

There is no reason to do this. So you don't click your troops and let them keep throwing grenades instead of selecting them and chasing the enemy that just moved out of their precious cover? The radius would not be small anyways
RikiRude Offline
Donator

« Reply #12 on: November 07, 2011, 02:09:39 pm »

Is a 1 shot ability - you throw 3 grenades at once in a ~7 metre radius, would be good for sure

yeah i agree, that would be a great idea. because right now the grenades fall in a pretty small area, this would give them more spread, also if you throw it at a building, if the units get out, they will get hit by nades that land near the door.

Quote from: Killer344
Killer344: "Repent: sory no joke i just had savage diorea"
... or a fat ass cock sucking churchill being stupid
Hicks58 Offline
Development

« Reply #13 on: November 07, 2011, 02:54:59 pm »

It'd also let Assault remain useful at one of it's primary tasks - Instafucking support weapons.

Anybody not paying attention will still loose their HMG/ATG/Mortar instantly, and with this a building wont save you either.

Even better, you no longer have half-invincible squads chasing you over the entire map. Skillfull clicking and prediction will still allow you to ram-raid any blobbers with Assault.

I mean I know Obama was the first one in EiR to get a card. and tbfh the Race card is pretty OP. but Romney has the K.K.K., those guys seem to camo anywhere. So OP units from both sides.
At the end of the day, however, stormtroopers finally got the anal invasion with a cactus they have richly deserved for years.
Tymathee Offline
Donator

« Reply #14 on: November 07, 2011, 03:18:13 pm »

It'd also let Assault remain useful at one of it's primary tasks - Instafucking support weapons.

Anybody not paying attention will still loose their HMG/ATG/Mortar instantly, and with this a building wont save you either.

Even better, you no longer have half-invincible squads chasing you over the entire map. Skillfull clicking and prediction will still allow you to ram-raid any blobbers with Assault.

support weapons are slow to unpack so it would still rape them. I want this idea in now, I might actually use assault if its implemented, it would be hecka fun to use and it would really scramble blobs.

the way smitty puts it, it sounds like a short range arty strike. assault nades would explode on contact, and splash in multiple areas. it would be really nasty with incin assault.

the only thing is i think the zook would be negated a bit, although zooks in an area would be pretty funny to see lol. would just have to up their damage so you get like 1-2 hits out of it.

or make it a rocket powered sticky, that explodes on contact ^_^
TheIcelandicManiac Offline
Resident forum troll. Fucked unkn0wns mom

« Reply #15 on: November 07, 2011, 04:25:47 pm »

Well i still stick with my idea of making it like creeping barrage as in 1-2-3 and those 5 grenades land in that row, while being trown at the same time making it reasonable as a counter to cover, that would make it reasonable as a 40 mun buy and could be usefull instead of actually running after the enemy which is considered noobish it would require some micro to operate in blobs.

Quote from: Grundwaffe
Soon™
gj icelandic i am proud of u  Smiley
Sometimes its like PQ doesnt carrot all.

Work Harder
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

TinyPortal v1.0 beta 4 © Bloc