Account

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 19, 2024, 05:17:58 am

Login with username, password and session length

Resources

Recent posts

[March 08, 2024, 12:13:38 am]

[March 08, 2024, 12:12:54 am]

[March 08, 2024, 12:09:37 am]

[December 30, 2023, 08:00:58 pm]

[February 04, 2023, 11:46:41 am]

[December 25, 2022, 11:36:26 am]

[December 14, 2022, 12:10:06 am]

[September 22, 2022, 06:57:30 am]

[August 22, 2022, 05:10:35 pm]

[May 26, 2022, 10:13:22 am]
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: [CW] Advice for my British Army  (Read 6173 times)
DEATHSANCHEZ Offline
EIR Regular

« on: June 17, 2010, 06:05:55 pm »

Hey could you guys give me your opinion on my brit army?

OPENING PLATOON:
1 x 2 inch Mortar Team
1 x 6 pdr AT gun
1 x Bren Carrier MMG
1 x Sappers with PIAT's
1 x Tommie Infatry Squad

FAST ATTACK:
2 x Cromwell Tank
1 x Stuart Light Tank
1 x Commando Jeep

INFANTRY:
6 x Tommie Infantry Squad
2 x Commando Squad

ARMOUR:
2 x Sherman Firefly

ANTI - TANK:
2 x 6 pdr AT Gun

Support:
2 x Tommy Recon Section
2 x Machine Gun Squad
1 x Mortar
1 x Tommy Infantry Squad
« Last Edit: June 19, 2010, 03:42:49 am by Unkn0wn » Logged

Hicks58 Offline
Development

« Reply #1 on: June 17, 2010, 06:24:58 pm »

From using Commandos lately I can make the following observations...

Drop the Cromwells. From the Fuel you can get yourself some Staghounds which will perform *Alot* better than the Cromwell for anti infantry and anti light vehicles, or you can get a third Firefly if you find yourself struggling for AT.

You might want to consider getting more 6 Pounders as well... Keep a Tommy squad with Bren guns floating nearby and the combination can make a mess of Panzer IV's and below quite well.

In all honesty your company looks a little... Thin. Have you used *All* of your resources?

Then again, mine aint much bigger than that so it could just be perception kicking in lol.

If you use your Tommy's and your Commandos properly anti infantry isn't too big of a problem for a Commando doctrine... And you also have enough MG's and Mortars anyhow.

Thats my two pence.

I mean I know Obama was the first one in EiR to get a card. and tbfh the Race card is pretty OP. but Romney has the K.K.K., those guys seem to camo anywhere. So OP units from both sides.
At the end of the day, however, stormtroopers finally got the anal invasion with a cactus they have richly deserved for years.
LeoPhone Offline
Honoured Member

« Reply #2 on: June 17, 2010, 07:09:03 pm »

i would drop a firefly since they are hard to micro for beginners. leth the 6 pounders do the job while the cromwells snipe any infantry away(1 in 2 shots will be a direct hit if ur stationary at long range). most of those direct hits kill 2 guys. and if you use command tanks with ur cromwells... see them own even more. use them in support with commandos. the cromwell can kill the mgs and vehicles, the mandos can kill the AT inf and paks. if your enemy brings out a tank, back up with brens and 6 pdrs.
DEATHSANCHEZ Offline
EIR Regular

« Reply #3 on: June 17, 2010, 07:10:35 pm »

See, im quite enjoying the Cromwells. They seem to go alright, I even had one in the leaderboards until it came up against a tiger :L

And yes the only remaining supplies I have left is 30 man power.
DEATHSANCHEZ Offline
EIR Regular

« Reply #4 on: June 17, 2010, 07:22:10 pm »

OK, so I have rolled all your guys ideas up into one.

I Changed....

-1 Firefly
+1 Command Tank
+2 Staghounds
-1 Stuart Light Tank
-1 Commando Jeep
LeoPhone Offline
Honoured Member

« Reply #5 on: June 17, 2010, 07:43:52 pm »

u might want to get some more AT after that change. trade some tommies for piats or get another 6 pdr.
« Last Edit: June 18, 2010, 05:51:24 am by LeoPhone » Logged
Computer991 Offline
Donator

« Reply #6 on: June 17, 2010, 10:02:35 pm »

I Changed....

-1 Firefly
+1 Command Tank
+2 Staghounds
-1 Stuart Light Tank
-1 Commando Jeep

Less staghounds M0ar piats

GrinningD Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #7 on: June 18, 2010, 02:47:44 am »

Looks ok to me, though I am hateful of stuarts Cheesy

However.

Brits have some unique units that are not there just for window dressing - use them!

The Catpain

The Lootenant

The IIWs (indirect infantry weapons)

Now the Cat is probably my fave brit unit With his sector wide buffs and his FOO he is almost essential to have on the field from the start to finish of the game. Get him a rapecannon brengun, LMG or shrek and he becomes a nasty, nasty man.

The Loot is essential. The accuracy and reload buffs he gives to your infantry are incredible. Again, arm him up and watch him kill - but keep him in the back. With vet 1 and Heroic Charge you will never look back.

The IIWS - the PIAT and the rifle grenade. Now these can take a little micro but the easiest way to kill your enemy is when they can't shoot back. With an LT these weapons become even more lethal. Love them.

A quick note on your call ins. I don't know how they are set up but an old trick is to pair up your AT guns with recon tommies. That recon snipe is a lovely thing and those guys are not as crap at fighting in a straight shoot out as you might think.
Most importantly however the recon squad allow you to hunt tanks rather than waiting for them to come to you. The recon tommies can see that tank - it can't see them and the AT gun is even further back. You'll get two shots off usually before the tank can back away. If it rushes you can get even more. Then button it. Then hit it with the PIATs. Then dance on the corpses.

Do you have a triage on any of your tommies? Might be worthwhile.

Cromwells are good, don't let Hicks tell you otherwise :-p

MGs suck. At least until you get commando ones, which don't suck too badly.

Also might be worth squeezing another CCT in there for the firefly. The reload bonus it gives is a boon - especially at vet 2. And it is always useful to have a meatshield to save your FF or to black that KT from escaping!

Good luck and have fun Smiley

"then allied commander sends a message, tiny, small, with a taunting words: 'Noob axis sp0t f0r ur 88 n00b'"

It's better when you kill your own vet! Hide a goliath near your vet 3 units and if anyone comes close BOOM!
rifle87654 Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #8 on: June 18, 2010, 04:35:57 am »

I Changed....

-1 Firefly
+1 Command Tank
+2 Staghounds
-1 Stuart Light Tank
-1 Commando Jeep

Less staghounds M0ar piats
PIATs cost more munis than the 6 pounder

hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahhahahahaha hahahahahahahahahahhahahahahahahahahaha hahahahah
hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahhahahahaha hahahahahahahahahahhahahahahahahahahaha hahahahah
Does he have a problem?
Anyway he's hilarious.
Silverstone Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #9 on: June 18, 2010, 05:51:11 am »

The mando jeeps are awesome if you have the extra sight on it. Information is power.

Sharpshooter824 Offline
I <3 Aloha
EIR Veteran

« Reply #10 on: June 18, 2010, 07:00:50 am »

yea, take a 6pndr over PIATs any day if you're lacking AT, far more cost efficient imho, but you may need some piats for other duty so..

Rawr
Hicks58 Offline
Development

« Reply #11 on: June 18, 2010, 02:41:51 pm »

Cromwells are good, don't let Hicks tell you otherwise :-p

For a new player, assume they are crap.

Cromwells DO have their uses... But for a new player, either a Staghound or a Firefly can do whichever duty you intend your Cromwell to do (AI or AT).

Completely forgot about mentioning the CCT lol... They are pretty much common sense for me to have one. >.>
Unkn0wn Offline
No longer retired

« Reply #12 on: June 19, 2010, 03:43:14 am »

Moved to allied strategy.
MonthlyMayhem Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #13 on: June 24, 2010, 10:39:54 am »

Cromwells have amazing splash, which are good at taking out infantry, plus they can crush them. I'd rather have a Cromwell just because of that. Stags are good, but Cromwells can nom on infantry and light vehicles all day. If you keep a CCT near a cromwell they become pretty amazing infantry killers.

aka Maysauze/MrGamenWatch
bbsmith Offline
The Brain and Muscle

« Reply #14 on: June 24, 2010, 07:53:32 pm »

Get a command tank for the fireflies.

Spartan_Marine88 Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #15 on: June 24, 2010, 11:34:53 pm »

Cromwells have amazing splash, which are good at taking out infantry, plus they can crush them. I'd rather have a Cromwell just because of that. Stags are good, but Cromwells can nom on infantry and light vehicles all day. If you keep a CCT near a cromwell they become pretty amazing infantry killers.

LOL i never have a cct on my cromwell (im a cheap skate with fuel) and regularly get at least 15 - 20 inf kills with it. not counting it saves your ass from Light armour, which for a newbie is essential puma charging down your tommies, hit flank speed and save them. Crommies also have amazing armour and can take quite a few hits from a pak, save help a sherman ff out with a p4 by flankspeeding behind and popping it. Got Shrek problem, back off stop let it shoot (it friggin snipes) and repeat 4 times the shreks are probably dead. Only time i really lose crommies is running into a P4 or panther with flank on cool down or screw up weaving between 2 or more paks on flank speed letting the crommie waste the crew

Yes that's me, the special snowflake.
slyguy7447 Offline
Donator

« Reply #16 on: June 25, 2010, 02:47:06 am »

Yeah croms are a solid choice, bit expensive fuel wise but if you can use them well they're quite good.  Just remember don't go 1v1 against ANY axis tank and you should be right, and flank speed is pretty much a requirement.
Firesparks Offline
Honoured Member

« Reply #17 on: June 25, 2010, 04:07:22 am »

Crommies also have amazing armour and can take quite a few hits from a pak
err what? the crommies can be penetrated by the 50mm on the puma. Its hp is also nothing special, same as the sherman.

With sufficient thrust, pigs fly just fine. However, this is not necessarily a good idea. It is hard to be sure where they are going to land, and it could be dangerous sitting under them as they fly overhead. -- RFC 1925
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

TinyPortal v1.0 beta 4 © Bloc