Account

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 06, 2024, 06:22:37 am

Login with username, password and session length

Resources

Recent posts

[May 03, 2024, 11:54:46 pm]

[April 22, 2024, 03:40:53 am]

[April 21, 2024, 12:02:54 pm]

[April 06, 2024, 02:26:25 am]

[March 08, 2024, 12:13:38 am]

[March 08, 2024, 12:13:13 am]

[March 08, 2024, 12:12:54 am]

[December 30, 2023, 08:00:58 pm]

[February 04, 2023, 11:46:41 am]

[December 25, 2022, 11:36:26 am]
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: [PE] Help with Scorched Earth company  (Read 3768 times)
Uunderfire Offline
EIR Veteran

« on: June 23, 2010, 08:39:33 am »

Hello,
I'd like to make a funny comany based on fire (I'm scorched earth). So I planned to take assaut flammen grenaders (since they no longer explode  Grin), but after which abilities should I take ? (I don't know if I must take a hummel or not).

Then, how could I build my company, and is the Pz 4 IST fire shell worth it ?

Mysthalin Offline
Tired King of Stats

« Reply #1 on: June 23, 2010, 08:43:33 am »

If you're taking assault-flammen grenadiers, make sure to put them aboard IHTs. Just have the IHTs with 1 assault-flammen grenadier inside - it's by far more cost-efficient than 2x flammens aboard an IHT(even though that looks like pure awesome). If you're just going to run around with flammen grens.. Then don't bother and make yourself a Wehrmacht coy that spams pios instead.

Personally, I'd go for IHTs with Flammens and Marders - to have the best utility of your munitions and fuel. But if you HAVE to have an IST in your company - then don't take more than 2 - you simply won't need it with the IHTs. Make sure you'll have enough AT.

I've found that scorched earth has woefully little in terms of actual buffs for your assault-flammen grens - any tree will be just as good as the other if you're going for them.

Uunderfire Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #2 on: June 23, 2010, 08:48:19 am »

If you're taking assault-flammen grenadiers, make sure to put them aboard IHTs. Just have the IHTs with 1 assault-flammen grenadier inside - it's by far more cost-efficient than 2x flammens aboard an IHT(even though that looks like pure awesome). If you're just going to run around with flammen grens.. Then don't bother and make yourself a Wehrmacht coy that spams pios instead.

Personally, I'd go for IHTs with Flammens and Marders - to have the best utility of your munitions and fuel. But if you HAVE to have an IST in your company - then don't take more than 2 - you simply won't need it with the IHTs. Make sure you'll have enough AT.

I've found that scorched earth has woefully little in terms of actual buffs for your assault-flammen grens - any tree will be just as good as the other if you're going for them.

Thanks you, I'll follow your advises. But should I take hummel or opening barrage for the 4 ability points remaining ?
gamesguy2 Offline
Honoured Member

« Reply #3 on: June 23, 2010, 08:56:44 am »

Thanks you, I'll follow your advises. But should I take hummel or opening barrage for the 4 ability points remaining ?

That depends on your T4.  If you go with the bottom tier 4, which works very well with IHT spam, then get the hummel.  There is little reason to go the middle T4 with assault flamme/IHT/marder builds.

The top T4 helps out by giving your dudes and IHTs more hp though.  IIRC with the top t4 an IHT will die to 3 shots from a 57mm instead of 2.

If you go with the top one, I'd get napalm and saturation minefield.  If you go with the bottom one, I'd go with hummel(obviously) and again the minefield.

The minefield is just insanely useful. 
Uunderfire Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #4 on: June 23, 2010, 08:59:08 am »

That depends on your T4.  If you go with the bottom tier 4, which works very well with IHT spam, then get the hummel.  There is little reason to go the middle T4 with assault flamme/IHT/marder builds.

The top T4 helps out by giving your dudes and IHTs more hp though.  IIRC with the top t4 an IHT will die to 3 shots from a 57mm instead of 2.

If you go with the top one, I'd get napalm and saturation minefield.  If you go with the bottom one, I'd go with hummel(obviously) and again the minefield.

The minefield is just insanely useful. 

Ok thanks you, I didn't really know what was minefield before, so I'll test.
Mysthalin Offline
Tired King of Stats

« Reply #5 on: June 23, 2010, 08:59:50 am »

I personally ignored the minefield as I have a more in-your-face playstyle. If you, however, like to have no-go zones, then minefields aren't that bad of an idea.

I found little use for a hummel in my own company - and the napalm strike seemed to be simply better to me(back then it was opening barrage tho), so I took it.
Uunderfire Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #6 on: June 23, 2010, 09:07:46 am »

I saw this unit a few days ago, so what is the support scout car ? Is it worth using ?
Mysthalin Offline
Tired King of Stats

« Reply #7 on: June 23, 2010, 09:09:15 am »

It's basically a mobile triage center... Quite useful for healing your wehr allies, though PE themselves, I've found, don't need it as much.
gamesguy2 Offline
Honoured Member

« Reply #8 on: June 23, 2010, 09:19:19 am »

I saw this unit a few days ago, so what is the support scout car ? Is it worth using ?

PE don't really need it unless you are G43 spamming without IHTs.  You won't need it for flammes.

Wehr has med kits, medic bunker, and ambulance.  If your wehr allies can't heal for themselves, they suck.
Mysthalin Offline
Tired King of Stats

« Reply #9 on: June 23, 2010, 10:05:11 am »

Or they're blitzkrieg that don't have battle hardened, and have stormies which last for a bit longer than 2 medikits? Tongue
CrazyWR Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #10 on: June 23, 2010, 10:49:42 am »

If you want fire, there are plenty of ways to do it without using assault-flammens...

spam incendiary grenade PG's, with an incendiary hummel and a few IST's with incendiary round, get chem fire, opening barrage...its a great time

1. New tactics? it's like JAWS, first one in the water dies

RCA-land where shells fall like raindrops and the Captain is an invincible god
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

TinyPortal v1.0 beta 4 © Bloc