Account

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 09, 2024, 05:49:52 am

Login with username, password and session length

Resources

Recent posts

[Yesterday at 08:25:25 am]

[May 03, 2024, 11:54:46 pm]

[April 21, 2024, 12:02:54 pm]

[April 06, 2024, 02:26:25 am]

[March 08, 2024, 12:13:38 am]

[March 08, 2024, 12:13:13 am]

[March 08, 2024, 12:12:54 am]

[December 30, 2023, 08:00:58 pm]

[February 04, 2023, 11:46:41 am]

[December 25, 2022, 11:36:26 am]
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Balance Advisors  (Read 20450 times)
CafeMilani Offline
Aloha

« Reply #60 on: August 28, 2009, 06:28:31 pm »

Exactly, the way I see it, it means that some people with good knowledge will get closer to the development like you said (nothing prevents you from doing it atm if you want though) while it will leave the Balance Forum in fire like it has been for months, I'm asking to put order (with real punishments not some 2 days or 1 week bans) to that forum to get REAL constructive feedback about this mod, it's ironic, back in the Pre-OMG days we had an awesome feedback from most members but there wasn't any Dev team nor anyone willing to change anything, now we have a really shitty mess (compared to the old days) in the Balance Forum but the Dev team is more willing to take advise than ever.

so noone would entertain the idea that it was some kind of internet shadow operation where members of the EIRR mason order meet in secret and decide the price of the panzershrek while some puppet show of no value still would be continuing in the "normal" balance forum.

That is also hilarious, there was a "mason order" that used to gather in vent under a channel called RailRoad Tycoon and make OMG xD.

there are ppl ('good' players) around with bad knowledge who the devs are listening to -.- (" how much health does a t17 have? 400?")

EIRRMod Offline
Administrator / Lead Developer

« Reply #61 on: August 28, 2009, 06:30:31 pm »

there are ppl ('good' players) around with bad knowledge who the devs are listening to -.- (" how much health does a t17 have? 400?")
Does that include listening to you?  Wink

Quote from: brn4meplz
Shit I'm pretty sure you could offer the guy a cup of coffee and he'd try to kill you with the mug if you forgot sugar.
Quote from: tank130
That's like offering Beer to fuck the fat chick. It will work for a while, but it's not gonna last. Not only that, but there is zero motivation for the Fat chick to loose weight.
Quote from: tank130
Why don't you collect up your love beads and potpourri and find something constructive to do.
Smokaz Offline
Honoured Member

« Reply #62 on: August 28, 2009, 06:32:27 pm »

If you honestly think that balance forum is not being moderaterminated hard enough, you should take it up with Akranadas and Das in PM and if your feedback is reasonable and reflects reality I am 100% sure they will pick up on it, if they however dispute that your observations are right and you are still convinced they are wrong you should bring the results of talking to them out to the rest of the community and help bring about the cleanup of the "mess".

Since we are nominating people already, killer344 for balance section mod. hoi hoi hoi!

SlippedHerTheBigOne: big penis puma
SlippedHerTheBigOne: and i have no repairkits
SlippedHerTheBigOne: ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
BigDick
« Reply #63 on: August 28, 2009, 06:50:40 pm »

its always funny for me to read how many of this serious complains i made in patchnotes threads come out into balance discussions some days/weeks later when people feel how it pays out on battlefield what i had known right after reading that changelog

criticism is always a thing that can hurt and is taken personal

a "balance team" has advantages (mod is made for the community with help of the community) and disadvantages (many people = deadlock, few people = high possibility of retarded changes when they have not the ultimative knowledge)

TheWindCriesMary Offline
The Ethics Police
EIR Veteran

« Reply #64 on: August 28, 2009, 07:02:22 pm »

LOL!

This thread has all the elements that make this new idea from the devs seem all the more neccesary. It's like a little microcosm of the balance forums in here.

Step 1: Start a new thread with a specific objective.

Step 2: Of the first 4 posts, one will be on-topic and follow the train of thought. One will be a comedic post involving sarcasm. One will be a post shooting down the post that was on topic.

Step 3: By page 3 the thread focus will have switched to something far less specific, more vague, and more generalized.
 In this case, the philosophy of the idea. Is it a good one? Allow room for misunderstandings/misreads and their agonizing clarifications to occupy 1-2 more pages of thread.

Step 4: By page 7,8,9, the thread reaches an unrecognizable form on some loosely related topic.

I think if anything could show why a small team of balance advisors helping to refine the mayhem of the balance forum is a good idea, it's this thread right now.

-Wind

Vermillion Hawk: Do you ever make a post that doesnt make you come across as an extreme douchebag?

Just sayin'
EIRRMod Offline
Administrator / Lead Developer

« Reply #65 on: August 28, 2009, 07:36:07 pm »

a "balance team" has advantages (mod is made for the community with help of the community) and disadvantages (many people = deadlock, few people = high possibility of retarded changes when they have not the ultimative knowledge)
Absolutely spot ON!

I believe the advisors will also parse through the other balance threads and attempt to sift out / re-word / filter a fair amount, and this in the long run is good for all.
Aggamemnon Offline
Donator

« Reply #66 on: August 28, 2009, 10:03:16 pm »

Mysthalin and Pak88.

No offence to the others nominated but they have shown in the past to have some bias to one side or another.
Of course if they are balanced against eachother then should be okay.

"Success on D-Day, depended entirely on these men"
Draken Offline
Chess master
EIR Veteran

« Reply #67 on: August 29, 2009, 04:27:06 am »

IMO just close this retarded thread and make vote like with achievement competition, start thread and so people can sign up, and give good reasons (aka arguments) why they should be in balance section.

Baine Offline
Steven Spielberg

« Reply #68 on: August 29, 2009, 05:14:18 am »

IMO just close this retarded thread and make vote like with achievement competition, start thread and so people can sign up, and give good reasons (aka arguments) why they should be in balance section.

lol, just close this Thread as people still didn't get that it's not a popular vote.

Unkn0wn Offline
No longer retired

« Reply #69 on: August 29, 2009, 05:14:57 am »

Indeed.

We've sent out some 'invitations' so several members of the community.
It's a test project so let's just see how it goes Smiley.

P.S Killer was made a moderator in the public balance forum, this will likely lead to a shift in policies towards a cleaner, more intelligent and respectful balance forum.

« Last Edit: August 29, 2009, 05:17:35 am by Unkn0wn » Logged
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

TinyPortal v1.0 beta 4 © Bloc