Account

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 08, 2024, 10:09:34 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Resources

Recent posts

[Today at 08:25:25 am]

[May 03, 2024, 11:54:46 pm]

[April 21, 2024, 12:02:54 pm]

[April 06, 2024, 02:26:25 am]

[March 08, 2024, 12:13:38 am]

[March 08, 2024, 12:13:13 am]

[March 08, 2024, 12:12:54 am]

[December 30, 2023, 08:00:58 pm]

[February 04, 2023, 11:46:41 am]

[December 25, 2022, 11:36:26 am]
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Mini-price patch  (Read 17586 times)
Killer344 Offline
The Inquisitor

« Reply #20 on: December 19, 2010, 08:21:07 pm »

can we have an actual bugfix patch since it's been like two fucking weeks since the last one, instead of a stupid price change patch? I know this is a volunteer work and all but it really frustrates me how something like "FIX BUGS THAT KEEP PEOPLE FROM HAVING A USABLE COMPANY" is apparently not a high priority, and I'd love to be able to play EiRR again.

Price changes can be made on the fly by about 5 different persons, a "bugfix" requires a coder, then you gotta compile the new build and finally upload it to the server.

Yea, I know it requires a hell of a lot of prioritizing, and Tanks donation no doubt tipped the scales in the favor of Warmap. But can we possibly get some of the doctrines that are....shall we say, non functioning, fixed too?

There isn't anything to prioritize, the warmap and the doctrines/bugfixes are parallel projects.

If I get shot and it's a gay medic fixing me up, he's not gonna be fondling my balls while he does it. You can't patch a chest wound and suck a cock at the same time.
Tymathee Offline
Donator

« Reply #21 on: December 20, 2010, 02:18:08 pm »

can we quit whining about this damn mod so much? they do this fo FREE, you get to play this for FREE. You spoiled little brats act like you deserve this. If you would actually make a post that explains your gripe about something without a hostile attitude towards the devs, then smeone would actually listen to you but since some of you can't seem to do that, no one gives a damn and u make things harder for them.

"I want proof!"
"I have proof!"
"Whatever, I'm still right"

Dafuq man, don't ask for proof if you'll refuse it if it's not in your favor, logic fallacy for the bloody win.
deadbolt Offline
Probably Banned
EIR Veteran

« Reply #22 on: December 20, 2010, 02:21:11 pm »

no u

DERDBERT
Like Jesus, Keeps died for us

He made a funny thread for bear, and got banned.

Now bear makes his own funny thread. It's unsurprisingly not funny.

Keeps died for our funny threads.
tank130 Offline
Sugar Daddy

« Reply #23 on: December 20, 2010, 05:54:48 pm »

I think I can honestly say I am one of the few people who may have a right to bitch at the devs a little, but I never do.

This is all volunteer. Get over yourselves.

Geez, while Wind was banned I forgot that he is, in fact, totally insufferable
I'm not going to lie Tig, 9/10 times you open your mouth, I'm overwhelmed with the urge to put my foot in it.
TheIcelandicManiac Offline
Resident forum troll. Fucked unkn0wns mom

« Reply #24 on: December 20, 2010, 05:58:03 pm »

I think I can honestly say I am one of the few people who may have a right to bitch at the devs a little, but I never do.

This is all volunteer. Get over yourselves.

if i may ask, why do i see you so rarely on the launcher sence its all thank to you that we have this mod so well up?

Quote from: Grundwaffe
Soon™
gj icelandic i am proud of u  Smiley
Sometimes its like PQ doesnt carrot all.

Work Harder
Tymathee Offline
Donator

« Reply #25 on: December 20, 2010, 06:05:36 pm »

if i may ask, why do i see you so rarely on the launcher sence its all thank to you that we have this mod so well up?

he actually pays for the mod in a way and he's contributed ALOT of money, just cuz he doesn't play doesn't mean he has nothing ot do with it lol
Groundfire Offline
EIRR community manager
EIR Veteran

« Reply #26 on: December 20, 2010, 06:12:31 pm »

Tank has contributed ALOT of money to the mod's production.

He is almost single handedly responsible for the creation of the V2 launcher and the Warmap. So when he bitches, we listen. Wink

Latest Shoutcast:
EIRR Groundcast 11 "The Super Dev Showdown!!"
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IOGm79rXWhU (full version)

Artekas Offline
Donator

« Reply #27 on: December 20, 2010, 06:14:06 pm »

tbh you guys suck at volunteering if it takes you money to improve a mod
TheIcelandicManiac Offline
Resident forum troll. Fucked unkn0wns mom

« Reply #28 on: December 20, 2010, 06:16:19 pm »

....volunteering...

would you like to do all this work and get nothing from it?
« Last Edit: December 20, 2010, 06:20:37 pm by TheIcelandicManiac » Logged
Mysthalin Offline
Tired King of Stats

« Reply #29 on: December 20, 2010, 06:21:10 pm »

EiRRMod, you guys are clearly not volunteering hard enough again!

Artekas Offline
Donator

« Reply #30 on: December 20, 2010, 06:22:28 pm »

but you're not getting nothing from it, you're getting a mod and also a community filled with ungrateful cumnuggets of course. When the devs started this mod, do you think they came to the table and said "we're going to volunteer all our time to do stuff for other people"? I doubt it. They've presumably got their own satisfaction coming from working on the mod, I doubt they're as selfless as you paint them.

according to what people say around here there was zero progress on the mod before tank's contributions, so... it's not really volunteering if you don't do any work until you're payed $2000. I'm just sayin'.

that being said I do acknowledge that there was obviously progress at some point, for the mod to get to the state where it was when tank threw money at it.
Mysthalin Offline
Tired King of Stats

« Reply #31 on: December 20, 2010, 06:27:03 pm »

I look at it more like a green society cleaning up the oil from the beaches.

They don't really get nothing from it either - they get clean beaches and an ungrateful community that uses said beaches. Then they get supported by the local city council with a little bit of cash to keep them going as an organisation...

Sound familiar?
Groundfire Offline
EIRR community manager
EIR Veteran

« Reply #32 on: December 20, 2010, 06:34:08 pm »

You risk the wrath from above by saying such bullshit. We dont NEED any of your money. Donations are used to power the site and servers. The people with immediate power to effect the game are volenteers.

Now, EIRRmod is a different story, he's entitled to accept any incentive that may be given. To play a mod, the guts of which comes from the sweat and labor of one coder is a Privilage for you artekas.

EIRRMOD should be spending his Christmas with his Family and his daughter, NOT coding the warmap for us, but he does it out of obligation to Tank, not to you or me or the rest of us.
Artekas Offline
Donator

« Reply #33 on: December 20, 2010, 06:39:38 pm »

yep, sounds familiar, also basically shows my point that the devs aren't selfless. they've got their own stake in this mod so the image of them being hard working volunteers who get nothing from this is stupid.

would you like to do all this work and get nothing from it?

---

Feel free to ban me for speaking my mind, after all I contribute nothing but being a nuisance who disagrees with most people. It's your shit, after all. Why keep someone around if they just piss you off and don't give you anything in return? I never suggested anything about anyone having an obligation, simply that you're not selfless volunteers as some people think. I also colourfully expressed my frustration with how long the handling of gamebreaking bugs was taking but I never said "DO THIS NOW YOU OWE IT TO ME".
Groundfire Offline
EIRR community manager
EIR Veteran

« Reply #34 on: December 20, 2010, 06:47:21 pm »

You mean the one game breaking bug that effects only you? Sure we'll get right on that. Waste our bandwith and Bob's time by doing a single bugfix. It's already fixed and awaiting implementation, there's nothing more we can do.

Now, I can rattle off a dozen people right at this very moment that do not receive any compensation whatsoever for their helping at developing a mod and are active right now.

The one person that matters, EIRRMOD, occasionally gets a present thrown his way from admiring community members, the rest of us receive nothing but a fucking badge on the fourms.

So yes, we are selfless. The privilages bestowed from such ranks are only work related. Sometimes I might get a cool unit to do a video over, but i dont receive money for being the PR wing of the operation. Now go back to your corner before you speak again about something you know nothing about.
« Last Edit: December 20, 2010, 06:50:14 pm by Groundfire » Logged
3rdCondor Offline
Donator

« Reply #35 on: December 20, 2010, 06:48:37 pm »

lol doesn't change my coy too much

No tits, but i will bake a cake then eat it in honour of Sir Condor The 3rd
fuck the pgren rifle, fucking dogshit weapon
My beautiful black pussy won
Unkn0wn Offline
No longer retired

« Reply #36 on: December 20, 2010, 06:50:16 pm »

Relax chaps

We're well aware actual doctrine development and bug fixes are stalling, but with all that being in the hands of one person, there's very little we can actually do about it. Real life happens, we don't have control over the amount of time someone can dedicate to this project, as frustrating as that can be sometimes.

Bob's working on a patch afaik, hopefully he'll have it out soon.
Artekas Offline
Donator

« Reply #37 on: December 20, 2010, 06:56:17 pm »

There is more than one bug that needs fixing, and I am not the only one this bug effects anyways.

So let me get this straight... you just spend your time with the mod to help other people enjoy it? You don't get any enjoyment whatsoever, helping create something that you like? It requires more than not being payed to be a selfless volunteer (in fact, you can't be a volunteer if you're payed, as that basically defeats the purpose). It seems a lot more likely that you guys spend your time to improve something you like, rather than spend your time to please other people who are privileged to be serviced by you. The former is not selfless, the latter is. For an example, compare someone who volunteers to help at an animal shelter because he loves being around animals, to someone who volunteers at an animal shelter to be helpful but detests animals and dislikes being around them.

I don't have a problem with the work you guys are doing, by the way, other than that spurt of anger I had without really thinking. I just have a problem with this "selfless volunteer" image.
« Last Edit: December 20, 2010, 06:59:36 pm by Artekas » Logged
sheffer Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #38 on: December 20, 2010, 07:15:52 pm »

what an asshole.

2devs
i LOVE u guys for job u doing. I play in CoH since original game, only ~200 game on RelicOnline for 2 years. And i've played 800 games for last 10 mouth. It means that almost every evening I appear in laucnher to play YOUR game. THANK YOUR for your job!
Forget about this guy, give him a warning, and dont waste your time on this thread. Really.

lol doesn't change my coy too much

of course not, 10mp for every rifle...so instread 20 rifles i can buy 19 Smiley its just tweaking.

Senseless and ruthless.
Artekas Offline
Donator

« Reply #39 on: December 20, 2010, 07:18:01 pm »

Groundfire already gave me a warning Tongue
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

TinyPortal v1.0 beta 4 © Bloc