Account

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 09, 2024, 07:40:08 am

Login with username, password and session length

Resources

Recent posts

[Yesterday at 08:25:25 am]

[May 03, 2024, 11:54:46 pm]

[April 21, 2024, 12:02:54 pm]

[April 06, 2024, 02:26:25 am]

[March 08, 2024, 12:13:38 am]

[March 08, 2024, 12:13:13 am]

[March 08, 2024, 12:12:54 am]

[December 30, 2023, 08:00:58 pm]

[February 04, 2023, 11:46:41 am]

[December 25, 2022, 11:36:26 am]
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Mini-price patch  (Read 17589 times)
EIRRMod Offline
Administrator / Lead Developer

« Reply #40 on: December 20, 2010, 07:57:48 pm »

I just have a problem with this "selfless volunteer" image.
I dont work on this mod selflessly - send me moar hookers and money!

lol

Quote from: brn4meplz
Shit I'm pretty sure you could offer the guy a cup of coffee and he'd try to kill you with the mug if you forgot sugar.
Quote from: tank130
That's like offering Beer to fuck the fat chick. It will work for a while, but it's not gonna last. Not only that, but there is zero motivation for the Fat chick to loose weight.
Quote from: tank130
Why don't you collect up your love beads and potpourri and find something constructive to do.
Spartan_Marine88 Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #41 on: December 20, 2010, 07:59:25 pm »

I dont work on this mod selflessly - send me moar hookers and money!

lol

Fuck man, after what you did to the last group of workers i sent you, never again!

(ain't never seen one having such difficulty sitting before)

Yes that's me, the special snowflake.
Illegal_Carrot Offline
Global Moderator

« Reply #42 on: December 20, 2010, 08:05:08 pm »

Of course the devs get some sort of satisfaction from either playing or working on the mod, they wouldn't be here if they didn't. But are you saying that they must hate the mod and everything about it in order to be 'volunteers'?
I volunteer at a food kitchen every Tuesday simply because it's nice to help others and I usually have nothing more important to do, anyways. But I also get a free meal at the end of the day, and a few more service hours I can put on an application.
Because I feel good and get a meal for my work, does that mean I'm not a 'volunteer' for spending hours of my day feeding the hungry?
Don't be fucking ridiculous.

Now, if you have a problem with how the mod is being run, feel free to voice that opinion (though prepare to be totally ignored). But don't straight up bitch about who is running things. "tbh you guys suck at volunteering" is a terrible thing to say, and is also the quickest way to make enemies.

Rifle87654: Give me reward points.
Brn4meplz: I'm drunk.
EIRRMod Offline

« Reply #43 on: December 20, 2010, 08:13:07 pm »

Fuck man, after what you did to the last group of workers i sent you, never again!

(ain't never seen one having such difficulty sitting before)
Tell her I still want the keyboard back!
Artekas Offline
Donator

« Reply #44 on: December 20, 2010, 08:19:13 pm »

Because I feel good and get a meal for my work, does that mean I'm not a 'volunteer' for spending hours of my day feeding the hungry?

You're not really reading what I'm saying. I am making a distinction between a 'volunteer' and a 'selfless volunteer'. There is nothing wrong with being just a normal volunteer, but the way some people portray the devs of this mod...

"tbh you guys suck at volunteering" is a terrible thing to say, and is also the quickest way to make enemies.

That line was a joke referring to a statement that the devs were not volunteering hard enough. Also, it doesn't really matter if it's a quick way to make enemies, considering I'm already enemies with a good 95% of the playerbase.
Demon767 Offline
Warmap Betatester
EIR Veteran

« Reply #45 on: December 20, 2010, 08:29:24 pm »

You're not really reading what I'm saying. I am making a distinction between a 'volunteer' and a 'selfless volunteer'. There is nothing wrong with being just a normal volunteer, but the way some people portray the devs of this mod...

Hes just arguing for the sake of arguing a point no one cares about  Roll Eyes

Generalleutnant of The Reichs Wolves

Nevergetsputonlistguy767
EIRRMod Offline

« Reply #46 on: December 20, 2010, 08:30:40 pm »

Hes just arguing for the sake of arguing a point no one cares about  Roll Eyes
And you know what people say about arguing on the internet Wink
Artekas Offline
Donator

« Reply #47 on: December 20, 2010, 08:32:54 pm »

It's a point I care about, so your point is invalid good sir. I think it's quite silly how some people portray the devs. If you're not one of those people, then you don't have to bother with the argument.  Roll Eyes
Groundfire Offline
EIRR community manager
EIR Veteran

« Reply #48 on: December 20, 2010, 08:36:16 pm »

Alright, selfless is a loaded term. We get it, no such thing.

doesnt give you the right to use it against us first. Wink

They've presumably got their own satisfaction coming from working on the mod, I doubt they're as selfless as you paint them.

Latest Shoutcast:
EIRR Groundcast 11 "The Super Dev Showdown!!"
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IOGm79rXWhU (full version)

Smokaz Offline
Honoured Member

« Reply #49 on: December 20, 2010, 08:37:25 pm »

I'm sure you can pay for EIRRMOD to be selfless though Wink

SlippedHerTheBigOne: big penis puma
SlippedHerTheBigOne: and i have no repairkits
SlippedHerTheBigOne: ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
tank130 Offline
Sugar Daddy

« Reply #50 on: December 20, 2010, 08:38:08 pm »

EirrMOd, you mentioned in one post that if I wanted rifles removed from US, you would. I think we should leave rifles right where they are, but removing Artekas would give me some happiness........

Someone asked why I am not in the launcher these days. Well, tbfh, I am really discouraged with the mod right now. The gimmick / spam companies are just too much bullshit for me. I will not go into detail as there is another thread dedicated to this subject.

On the subject of volunteers:
Sometimes I feel a little guilty about my incentive for EiRRMoD, but not giving anything to the others who make this mod function. I truly appreciate all the work you do and regardless of how fucked up it can appear to be at times, I am still grateful I am aloud to play it FREE of CHARGE.

To the devs who really give alot of time and effort to this. PM me if there is something serious that will help you out with your work on this mod. No guarantees, but I will assist where I can.

And in conclusion: Artekas, you are really fucking annoying....

Geez, while Wind was banned I forgot that he is, in fact, totally insufferable
I'm not going to lie Tig, 9/10 times you open your mouth, I'm overwhelmed with the urge to put my foot in it.
Artekas Offline
Donator

« Reply #51 on: December 20, 2010, 08:49:48 pm »

Love you too tank <3
EIRRMod Offline

« Reply #52 on: December 20, 2010, 08:53:32 pm »

EirrMOd, you mentioned in one post that if I wanted rifles removed from US, you would. I think we should leave rifles right where they are, but removing Artekas would give me some happiness........

<snip>

And in conclusion: Artekas, you are really fucking annoying....

Yeah, I wont do that - hes intitled to his opinion, I just get a laugh out of it tbh.

The gimmick / spam will be handled with the systems I mentioned to you via PM the other day Wink
This price change was a bit to do with it I believe - but the spam is really a big symtom of people being able to oversupply with new rank 5 companies - which happens EVERY time companies start with PP upon creation.

Im not sure if anyone remembers when everyone was made max rank / max PP last year - it almost destroyed the mod, I believe the same is happening now.
Spartan_Marine88 Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #53 on: December 20, 2010, 09:01:56 pm »

It's a point I care about, so your point is invalid good sir. I think it's quite silly how some people portray the devs. If you're not one of those people, then you don't have to bother with the argument.  Roll Eyes

Actually the biggest thing your missing, Is the fact that even though they are getting money, they still are volunteers.

Donation goes toward -
Internet cost
Server cost
And Vent cost

That is actually quite a fair bit of money thats being paid every month, so yeah, selfless volunteers.

unless you really believe 66 dollars covers that.
Artekas Offline
Donator

« Reply #54 on: December 20, 2010, 09:02:56 pm »

I'm pretty sure I never said that they weren't volunteers (except in my joke about EiRRMod) and I'm also pretty sure that I said this already.
Killer344 Offline
The Inquisitor

« Reply #55 on: December 20, 2010, 09:41:14 pm »

On the subject of volunteers:
Sometimes I feel a little guilty about my incentive for EiRRMoD, but not giving anything to the others who make this mod function. I truly appreciate all the work you do and regardless of how fucked up it can appear to be at times, I am still grateful I am aloud to play it FREE of CHARGE.

To the devs who really give alot of time and effort to this. PM me if there is something serious that will help you out with your work on this mod. No guarantees, but I will assist where I can.

I get paid with hate PMs for doing what I do, derp.

lols.

If I get shot and it's a gay medic fixing me up, he's not gonna be fondling my balls while he does it. You can't patch a chest wound and suck a cock at the same time.
Smokaz Offline
Honoured Member

« Reply #56 on: December 20, 2010, 10:17:00 pm »

And I will keep sending them UNTIL YOU QUIT!
Demon767 Offline
Warmap Betatester
EIR Veteran

« Reply #57 on: December 20, 2010, 10:22:11 pm »

+1
EIRRMod Offline

« Reply #58 on: December 21, 2010, 12:09:54 am »

I send them too.

This thread really has gone off topic lol
Mysthalin Offline
Tired King of Stats

« Reply #59 on: December 21, 2010, 02:12:02 am »

Groundfire - some peope don't even get a shiny badge for doing what they do Sad.

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

TinyPortal v1.0 beta 4 © Bloc