Account

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 09, 2024, 02:18:48 am

Login with username, password and session length

Resources

Recent posts

[Yesterday at 08:25:25 am]

[May 03, 2024, 11:54:46 pm]

[April 21, 2024, 12:02:54 pm]

[April 06, 2024, 02:26:25 am]

[March 08, 2024, 12:13:38 am]

[March 08, 2024, 12:13:13 am]

[March 08, 2024, 12:12:54 am]

[December 30, 2023, 08:00:58 pm]

[February 04, 2023, 11:46:41 am]

[December 25, 2022, 11:36:26 am]
Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Hello hardcaps  (Read 10591 times)
Unkn0wn Offline
No longer retired

« on: December 29, 2010, 04:30:58 pm »

By executive order of our great leader EIRRmod:

All officers are now hardcapped at a set value.
Currently this value is 3, we'll be tweaking these values over the course of next days.

Regards

A real patch should be out soon Smiley
Scotzmen Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #1 on: December 29, 2010, 04:34:12 pm »

Hardcapped? so only 3 officers in one company? I hardly have 1!
TheIcelandicManiac Offline
Resident forum troll. Fucked unkn0wns mom

« Reply #2 on: December 29, 2010, 04:34:19 pm »

atleast give them diffrent smoke timers sence you only get 3 of them.

Quote from: Grundwaffe
Soon™
gj icelandic i am proud of u  Smiley
Sometimes its like PQ doesnt carrot all.

Work Harder
EIRRMod Offline
Administrator / Lead Developer

« Reply #3 on: December 29, 2010, 04:36:06 pm »

Just a stopgap measure - we dont have the manpower atm to do other projects that would change how officer dynamics work.

Quote from: brn4meplz
Shit I'm pretty sure you could offer the guy a cup of coffee and he'd try to kill you with the mug if you forgot sugar.
Quote from: tank130
That's like offering Beer to fuck the fat chick. It will work for a while, but it's not gonna last. Not only that, but there is zero motivation for the Fat chick to loose weight.
Quote from: tank130
Why don't you collect up your love beads and potpourri and find something constructive to do.
Tymathee Offline
Donator

« Reply #4 on: December 29, 2010, 04:48:07 pm »

lmao officer spam so lame.

"I want proof!"
"I have proof!"
"Whatever, I'm still right"

Dafuq man, don't ask for proof if you'll refuse it if it's not in your favor, logic fallacy for the bloody win.
nugnugx Offline
Donator

« Reply #5 on: December 29, 2010, 04:50:12 pm »

Officer spam is so 5 patches ago.

EirRKoolKids spam different things now Wink

kwiatekkek Offline
okultysta, mistyk, szachista i alpinista.

« Reply #6 on: December 29, 2010, 06:09:39 pm »

Officer spam is so 5 patches ago.

EirRKoolKids spam NCOs now Wink

fixed

"L2P" is like a Auswitcz tattoo on your arm, a mark of the survivor.
*cough* Team Lead is Allied bias, just FYI
11on2d6 Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #7 on: December 30, 2010, 07:37:42 am »

Really? is this because of what happened to Tank? I know we probably owe this mods survival to him entirely....but i dunno, I guess its fair if he wants it changed since he pays for the mod....

Still dont like it.
Nevyen Offline
Honoured Member

« Reply #8 on: December 30, 2010, 07:53:06 am »

Actually mate after a few of us saw no less that at one point 14 captains on the field running around like mad men cycling foo. Its pretty clear things had got out of hand.

I like the change personally, hopefully there are more changes on the way that will shift that game back to its core competency.

cloud234 Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #9 on: December 30, 2010, 07:58:35 am »

Its fine to limit officers but you should allow more LTs or Wehr officer. LTs die like flies and I often have 4 LTs and 1 Captain.
Scotzmen Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #10 on: December 30, 2010, 08:17:18 am »

I remember some guy who had FOO on litrelly every single oficer in a 25 popcap with a stag i think. Anyway he pretty much Foo'd everything. The enemy, me our other teammate. All i saw was red flares of death Cry
spinn72 Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #11 on: December 30, 2010, 08:32:46 am »

tbh I think the man who realised that officers could be used effectively like that is a genius. Well done sir!
BigDick
« Reply #12 on: December 30, 2010, 08:46:32 am »

I remember some guy who had FOO on litrelly every single oficer in a 25 popcap with a stag i think. Anyway he pretty much Foo'd everything. The enemy, me our other teammate. All i saw was red flares of death Cry

i did that for the lols in some games it was a stag a 6pndr and 6 captains with foo but it did not performed that well
after that i tried 2 stags a 6pndr and 2 captain with foo that worked much better
11on2d6 Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #13 on: December 30, 2010, 09:37:00 am »

Actually mate after a few of us saw no less that at one point 14 captains on the field running around like mad men cycling foo. Its pretty clear things had got out of hand.

I like the change personally, hopefully there are more changes on the way that will shift that game back to its core competency.
Ive played vs that company, I lost. You know why? cause I wasnt good enough to beat it. I just hope this doesnt set a precedent for Tank losing to something and it getting changed by EIRmod. Thats all.

Maybe im wrong, I really hope I am.
tank130 Offline
Sugar Daddy

« Reply #14 on: December 30, 2010, 10:14:57 am »

Ive played vs that company, I lost. You know why? cause I wasnt good enough to beat it. I just hope this doesnt set a precedent for Tank losing to something and it getting changed by EIRmod. Thats all.

Maybe im wrong, I really hope I am.

This has got to be one of the dumbest comments I have ever seen on these forums. Do you really think for one second I can control what happens around here. You seriously need to get your head out of your ass.

If I was able to request changes and have them stick, you would have seen a lot more hard caps a long time ago.

If you follow the forum regularly, you will see a number of the mods and the dev both commenting on ways to reduce spam and to improve balance. This recent change was part of the movement.

Believe me, nobody really gives a fuck what I say, but thanks for thinking I am so important.

Geez, while Wind was banned I forgot that he is, in fact, totally insufferable
I'm not going to lie Tig, 9/10 times you open your mouth, I'm overwhelmed with the urge to put my foot in it.
11on2d6 Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #15 on: December 30, 2010, 10:48:46 am »

This has got to be one of the dumbest comments I have ever seen on these forums. Do you really think for one second I can control what happens around here. You seriously need to get your head out of your ass.

If I was able to request changes and have them stick, you would have seen a lot more hard caps a long time ago.

If you follow the forum regularly, you will see a number of the mods and the dev both commenting on ways to reduce spam and to improve balance. This recent change was part of the movement.

Believe me, nobody really gives a fuck what I say, but thanks for thinking I am so important.

Thats good to hear, was worried about someone who is rubbish getting make changes, phew.

You seem pretty angsty last few days Smiley, maybe CTFO.

Was trying to be polite about it, but you know what? fuck you.

Edit: If I ran a mod, that you had basicly kept alive all by yourself, id let you have say in the balance, hell- this mod might not exsist without you, considering I play the mod, believe me I appreciate what you have done for it. I was just worried your anti spam crusade was going to significantly alter the mod.

« Last Edit: December 30, 2010, 10:56:56 am by 11on2d6 » Logged
Jodomar Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #16 on: December 30, 2010, 10:59:16 am »

a hardcap of three is just way too low. Maybe a hard cap of three captains but I need my lt's!
Groundfire Offline
EIRR community manager
EIR Veteran

« Reply #17 on: December 30, 2010, 11:31:41 am »

This decision was made independently of any community gripe but it's been boiling under the surface for quite some time. (and because someone did the U.S. Officer conga line vs. EIRRMOD)

LT.s will probably get increased to 4 or 5. This is just a stopgap measure for the moment.

Latest Shoutcast:
EIRR Groundcast 11 "The Super Dev Showdown!!"
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IOGm79rXWhU (full version)

Spartan_Marine88 Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #18 on: December 30, 2010, 12:24:21 pm »

This decision was made independently of any community gripe but it's been boiling under the surface for quite some time. (and because someone did the U.S. Officer conga line vs. EIRRMOD)

LT.s will probably get increased to 4 or 5. This is just a stopgap measure for the moment.

Im fine with this as long as LT's and Captains don't share the hardcap

Yes that's me, the special snowflake.
Smokaz Offline
Honoured Member

« Reply #19 on: December 30, 2010, 12:48:53 pm »

Somebody spammed EIRRMOD with officers, he didnt like!

SlippedHerTheBigOne: big penis puma
SlippedHerTheBigOne: and i have no repairkits
SlippedHerTheBigOne: ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

TinyPortal v1.0 beta 4 © Bloc