Account

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 09, 2024, 01:34:25 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Resources

Recent posts

[Yesterday at 08:25:25 am]

[May 03, 2024, 11:54:46 pm]

[April 21, 2024, 12:02:54 pm]

[April 06, 2024, 02:26:25 am]

[March 08, 2024, 12:13:38 am]

[March 08, 2024, 12:13:13 am]

[March 08, 2024, 12:12:54 am]

[December 30, 2023, 08:00:58 pm]

[February 04, 2023, 11:46:41 am]

[December 25, 2022, 11:36:26 am]
Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Hello hardcaps  (Read 10595 times)
TheIcelandicManiac Offline
Resident forum troll. Fucked unkn0wns mom

« Reply #20 on: December 30, 2010, 12:51:03 pm »

i thought it was tank130.

Quote from: Grundwaffe
Soon™
gj icelandic i am proud of u  Smiley
Sometimes its like PQ doesnt carrot all.

Work Harder
Mysthalin Offline
Tired King of Stats

« Reply #21 on: December 30, 2010, 01:41:24 pm »

Nope, it was definitely poor luci. Me trolling him by saying that panzerpio SMGs have a 10x damage modifier vs them didn't help Tongue.

8thRifleRegiment Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #22 on: December 30, 2010, 02:08:46 pm »

panzer pioneers... badass lmao

I will never forget the rage we enduced together

Ohh Good, AmPm can pay in Doubloons.
Malgoroth Offline
Donator

« Reply #23 on: December 30, 2010, 03:34:33 pm »

Excellent! I really like the decisiveness of this. Shows bold leadership! Like when Reagan fired just about every air traffic controller in the country... except this decision isn't completely fucking retarded.

I approve. 
EliteGren Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #24 on: December 30, 2010, 03:50:35 pm »

a hardcap of three is just way too low. Maybe a hard cap of three captains but I need my lt's!

As said this is just a stopgap measure, LT hardcap will most likely be increased because it's a core unit of the british.Smiley

i prefer to no u
Don't knock it til uve tried it bitchface, this isn't anything like salads version. Besides u said a semois conversion would never work, now look that's the most played map, ohgodwhy.jpg r u map lead
EIRRMod Offline
Administrator / Lead Developer

« Reply #25 on: December 30, 2010, 05:13:02 pm »

Somebody spammed EIRRMOD with officers, he didnt like!
Sort of.

My post about it was this:
First game - 3 officers (US) + a single BAR squad.

What I saw happening was that the officers could charge (unimpeded) alongside the bar squad.
Target the bar squad, it got taken down - but ultimately whatever they were charging (other than tanks) would be torn to shreds.
Target an officer, the officer would lose minimal health.

My issue was, that for a similar price to 3 squads, and pop footprint of 2 squads, the performed over and above their cost/performance rating.

My suggestion was (is) that combat type officers turn into a command squad (of 3) - spreading the max health, yet letting the max be reduced for each man successfully killed.  This will stop (impede) the triple rambo syndrome ;p

Quote from: brn4meplz
Shit I'm pretty sure you could offer the guy a cup of coffee and he'd try to kill you with the mug if you forgot sugar.
Quote from: tank130
That's like offering Beer to fuck the fat chick. It will work for a while, but it's not gonna last. Not only that, but there is zero motivation for the Fat chick to loose weight.
Quote from: tank130
Why don't you collect up your love beads and potpourri and find something constructive to do.
Heartmann Offline
Officer of Kindness

« Reply #26 on: December 30, 2010, 05:19:58 pm »

Actually mate after a few of us saw no less that at one point 14 captains on the field running around like mad men cycling foo. Its pretty clear things had got out of hand.

I like the change personally, hopefully there are more changes on the way that will shift that game back to its core competency.
+1

In the basement getting drunk.
It's not really creepy until I show up.............

- I've heard of being an animal in bed but...

- The phallic principle of the Navy Wink
lionel23 Offline
Donator

« Reply #27 on: December 30, 2010, 05:34:08 pm »

Sort of.

My post about it was this:
My issue was, that for a similar price to 3 squads, and pop footprint of 2 squads, the performed over and above their cost/performance rating.

My suggestion was (is) that combat type officers turn into a command squad (of 3) - spreading the max health, yet letting the max be reduced for each man successfully killed.  This will stop (impede) the triple rambo syndrome ;p

I've been asking for a command squad for months EIRR, but it was said it was too powerful or whatnot (1 officer with say 2 bodyguard M1 riflemen).  I would like to see it used as a squad and not a single unit that can get killed so easily, in terms of running them as they should be and not one-man rambo squads.

Congratulations, dear sir...I must say, never before have I seen such precise gunnery displayed. - CrazyWR (on Leaderboard Howitzers)

Mysthalin Offline
Tired King of Stats

« Reply #28 on: December 30, 2010, 05:37:54 pm »

As long as volks aren't hardcapped....
Nevyen Offline
Honoured Member

« Reply #29 on: December 30, 2010, 06:07:31 pm »

Ive played vs that company, I lost. You know why? cause I wasnt good enough to beat it. I just hope this doesnt set a precedent for Tank losing to something and it getting changed by EIRmod. Thats all.

Maybe im wrong, I really hope I am.

Heres the thing Ampm Heartman and myself won that game, doesn't change the fact that its not in the spirit of the game, nor how the game really should be played, so there is a design break here that needed to be fixed.

As to your assertions of tank, dude stop looking for conspiracies, to make such an unfounded accusations shows a clear lack of understanding of the current conversation.

I think its pretty clear that EIRRMOD takes his own council and that of the Dev Tanks contributions are significant but knowing Moddy I'm fairly confident it doesn't buy balance changes. So id hop off that line and move on. 

CrazyWR Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #30 on: December 30, 2010, 06:16:21 pm »

Excellent! I really like the decisiveness of this. Shows bold leadership! Like when Reagan fired just about every air traffic controller in the country... except this decision isn't completely fucking retarded.

I approve. 

rofl, nice.

1. New tactics? it's like JAWS, first one in the water dies

RCA-land where shells fall like raindrops and the Captain is an invincible god
Masacree Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #31 on: December 30, 2010, 06:36:17 pm »

I wish getting GS and Ferocity back was a simple as $$$.

I like how this forum in turn brings out the worst in anyone
To err is human, to eirr is retard
Illegal_Carrot Offline
Global Moderator

« Reply #32 on: December 30, 2010, 08:37:48 pm »

Heres the thing Ampm Heartman and myself won that game, doesn't change the fact that its not in the spirit of the game, nor how the game really should be played, so there is a design break here that needed to be fixed.
Expect to be spammed with 'But I can play however I want!' and other retarded defenses for why spam + gimmicks are a good thing, and totally aren't ruining the mod.

Rifle87654: Give me reward points.
Brn4meplz: I'm drunk.
cloud234 Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #33 on: December 30, 2010, 09:19:41 pm »

The issue is that, 3 US Officers are stronger than a KCH squad. They are an uber elite KCH squad themselves. They are ONE MAN ARMIES at vet 3 themselves.

I ran a US officer spam... and lets just say they can replace ur frontline infantry literally. They. Don't. Die. Took an ostwind 5 shots to kill one US officer.

However... this blob of doom can be easily stopped by a single MG42... or some barbed wire (which volks and grens and easily place down)
AmPM Offline
Community Mapper

« Reply #34 on: December 30, 2010, 09:36:18 pm »

You can't stop them with an MG42....all they do is pop smoke and run at it...

Right now, Allies are easy mode.

Smokaz Offline
Honoured Member

« Reply #35 on: December 30, 2010, 09:38:52 pm »

They dont get supressed dude, why is mg42 a counter? And they outnumber mg42s for pop too..!

SlippedHerTheBigOne: big penis puma
SlippedHerTheBigOne: and i have no repairkits
SlippedHerTheBigOne: ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
EliteGren Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #36 on: December 30, 2010, 09:39:39 pm »

not to mention they have smoke? lol
EIRRMod Offline
Administrator / Lead Developer

« Reply #37 on: December 30, 2010, 10:19:16 pm »

Tanks contributions are significant but knowing Moddy I'm fairly confident it doesn't buy balance changes. So id hop off that line and move on. 
<3 Nev.

You know how stubborn I am ;p
tank130 Offline
Sugar Daddy

« Reply #38 on: December 30, 2010, 10:34:35 pm »

<3 Nev.

You know how stubborn I am ;p

Tell me about it....... I still can't find your bribe limit. But it's fun watching the kiddies think I have......LOL

Geez, while Wind was banned I forgot that he is, in fact, totally insufferable
I'm not going to lie Tig, 9/10 times you open your mouth, I'm overwhelmed with the urge to put my foot in it.
Nevyen Offline
Honoured Member

« Reply #39 on: December 30, 2010, 10:43:34 pm »

lol that and the shit stirring that some people around here like the partake in.
Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

TinyPortal v1.0 beta 4 © Bloc