Account

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 14, 2024, 05:23:25 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Resources

Recent posts

[March 08, 2024, 12:13:38 am]

[March 08, 2024, 12:12:54 am]

[March 08, 2024, 12:09:37 am]

[December 30, 2023, 08:00:58 pm]

[February 04, 2023, 11:46:41 am]

[December 25, 2022, 11:36:26 am]

[December 14, 2022, 12:10:06 am]

[September 22, 2022, 06:57:30 am]

[August 22, 2022, 05:10:35 pm]

[May 26, 2022, 10:13:22 am]
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 7   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: On Board Mechanics.  (Read 33345 times)
donnieDark Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #20 on: January 06, 2009, 12:02:58 pm »

Oh it repairs too fast??  Gimme a break its far from instant repair.   I think AXIS are just UPSET that they actually have to chase down and destroy allied tanks the same way we have to axis tanks to prevent them from repairing from repair bunker spam.    If allied bring no offmaps/airborn those repair bunkers are near suicidal to get to.
Malevolence Offline
Donator

« Reply #21 on: January 06, 2009, 03:42:32 pm »

Pershings with onboard mechanics are fucking sick as hell. Not only are they panther equivalents able to shoot infantry as well as tanks, they also repair themselves automatically (and quite quickly!), and can repair even more quickly... they're even more "hero" tanks than the king tiger is because they can fight for so long without having to worry about being useless in the back for the entire game.

Field repairs sucks too, but at least you only get to use it twice.

You will note that on-board mechanics results in 1.33 hp regeneration per second on a single unit, whereas axis infantry veterancy results in less than 1 hp per second for the entire squad combined...

I'd say that the concept is okay, but bring it down to 1 hp per second just to make you not able to resume battle so fast with your tanks. This is my opinion, obviously this needs better discussion. It needs to be powerful, and it is, but it's incredibly frustrating for the axis, whose strength is in tanks, to be easily out-tanked by the allies. Incidentally, that's the same problem I have with tank reapers being so utterly ridiculous a bonus, but that's neither here nor there Tongue

Akranadas' Greatest Hits, Volume 1:

Quote from: Akranadas
Vet has nothing to do with unit preformance.

Quote from: Akranadas
We are serious about enforcing this, and I am sure you all want to be able to have your balance thought considered by the development team with some biased, sensationalist coming into your thread and ruining it.
Bodybag2224-Armor Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #22 on: January 06, 2009, 07:12:53 pm »

Lol, apparently you've never seen a pershing get killed by a stormie alpha strike. Or a pak ambush. And sise the axis get the stronger AT weapons the whole point is for the allies to "out-tank" axis, but currently that isn't really something that happens.

This is pretty sad to see how the level of play instead of adapting to the EiR gameplay is now just asking for the bar to be simply lowered. I mean I laughed at the comment that a almost dead sherman falls back, sits for a minute and is apparently all god-like to go back to fighting.

If OB gets nerffed, then I want GS/HEAT to get nerffed as well.
« Last Edit: January 06, 2009, 07:16:01 pm by Bodybag2224-Armor » Logged

Profiles: BoDyBaG2224
M26ArmedCav
ThinTag by TripleTags.com" border="0
http://bodybag2224.myminicity.com/
Wildfire
« Reply #23 on: January 06, 2009, 07:48:09 pm »

^agreed. Give me a break, the axis, ALL DOCS get repair bunkers that can  heal their tanks, get two bunkers and heal them in twice the time, add a pio and 3 times, so please dont give me that bullshit. The allies have one fucking ability that lets them do what every doctrine on the axis have the ability to do and even if one doctrine doesn't have it, you can still share, while OBM isn't shareable.
DasNoob Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #24 on: January 06, 2009, 08:01:01 pm »

ALL DOCS

defensive does not get them  Undecided

Quote from: fldash on Today at 06:22:34 PM
DISASTER AVERTED... IM A MOTHER FUCKING GENIUS!

You have DasNoob who uses the mod as COHTV
Wildfire
« Reply #25 on: January 06, 2009, 11:09:45 pm »

I know, notice I changed that later on? i just didnt' feel like deleting it.
and even if one doctrine doesn't have it, you can still share, while OBM isn't shareable.
Malevolence Offline
Donator

« Reply #26 on: January 06, 2009, 11:24:54 pm »

I'm sorry, but an ability making your tanks automatically repair constantly at a rate faster than a dedicated repair unit AND a worker unit combined? Not to mention you aren't tied down to killable repairing units, and killable repair bunkers, with a limited range on them.

1 HP/sec is perfectly fine in my opinion, 1.33 seems too high.
Wildfire
« Reply #27 on: January 06, 2009, 11:32:32 pm »

it's still a T4 ability, while repair bunkers just cost munitions. and 2 of the 3 factions can use them and share them with their teammates whilst obm is doctrine specific, and takes 59 cp to get to.
notenome Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #28 on: January 07, 2009, 12:34:38 am »

This discussion is also forgetting that onboard (and FR) repairs all tanks simultaneously. Thats huge, especially for spam companies. Rep bunkers only repair one unit, which leads to the repair party as 3 tanks all wait their turn. Effectively the utility of onboard multiplies by the number of tanks on the field, which acts as an encouragement to tank spam, particularly m8 and other low fuel vehicle spam. 1 sherm may heal 1.33, but 3 sherms heal 3.99 and if you have one of the super spam companies your healing 6 or 7 hps a sec, which when compared to a rep bunker (that costs two pop btw) is a little bit imba, thats why severly damaged tigers are routinely retreated. This also happens to pershings, but I have many time seen a 'dead' pershing come back to life 5 minutes latter.

I personally believe that the rate should either be lowered OR diluted over the total number of tanks on the field, this would still give OBM a slight advantage (no pop use, no munis, dont have to run back to your rep bunker, immobilization does not equal death) whilst alleviating most of the aggravation. I have no problems with onboard equalizing rep bunkers, the prob is that imo it has far overtaken them.
MistenTHB Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #29 on: January 07, 2009, 01:45:08 am »

Good skill required for OB? I don't think the skill required to use it well is above half, reverse backwards when hurt and repair up. With a pershing even less skill is required, rush in heedlessly, take damage and then fall back and slowly 'repair' = victory.

Rofl.. hahahah obviously you havenīt fucking played with allied armor companies never lol....

It's a slight exageration, but never the less, pershings are easier to use than a KT. Due to the 'sticky dynamic' (and tank reapers). Make a mistake with a KT and it gets stickied and killed. Make a mistake with the pershing and get hurt, unless it's a huge mistake. Their higher speed also helps them in terms of retreating from battle and getting away in order to repair. Whilst my tiger needs to survive and get to a repair bunker your pershing can sit just back from the battle and support whilst repairing or even skirmish lightly whilst repairing.

I vote Manfred builds a spam OBM company. If he owns with it it's by definition overpowered ^.^ 

(He already did it with a thriple tier 4 calliope company, ou that was painful)
UnLimiTeD Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #30 on: January 07, 2009, 02:04:18 am »

I did that too, to alphastrike Panthers  ;
Still not op Grin

Hey, it's not going to happen
notenome Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #31 on: January 07, 2009, 02:30:08 am »

Good skill required for OB? I don't think the skill required to use it well is above half, reverse backwards when hurt and repair up. With a pershing even less skill is required, rush in heedlessly, take damage and then fall back and slowly 'repair' = victory.

I still have nightmares about it. Experience dictates that when manfred wants to proove a point that something is OP, the test subjects suffer... greatly.

Rofl.. hahahah obviously you havenīt fucking played with allied armor companies never lol....

It's a slight exageration, but never the less, pershings are easier to use than a KT. Due to the 'sticky dynamic' (and tank reapers). Make a mistake with a KT and it gets stickied and killed. Make a mistake with the pershing and get hurt, unless it's a huge mistake. Their higher speed also helps them in terms of retreating from battle and getting away in order to repair. Whilst my tiger needs to survive and get to a repair bunker your pershing can sit just back from the battle and support whilst repairing or even skirmish lightly whilst repairing.

I vote Manfred builds a spam OBM company. If he owns with it it's by definition overpowered ^.^ 

(He already did it with a thriple tier 4 calliope company, ou that was painful)
NightRain Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #32 on: January 07, 2009, 03:56:17 am »

If OB gets nerffed, then I want GS/HEAT to get nerffed as well.

I think that HEAT Rounds is fine. It is only a minor buff in the end. It makes Axis tanks infantry killers where they lack at. P4 is the only tank so far that works as a ALL AROUND unit for Axis due to its decent inf status. With HEAT rounds it blows infantry to pieces. NO MORE INF RUSHING ON TANKS!
It is ridiciles when allies rangers just runs to P4 and one shots it with a ranger or AB blob. With HEAT rounds that P4 can at least fight back and blow that blob to hell. Besides its not a huge buff...only 25% more dmg and 15% more penetration. Makes a Panther a killer but panther isn't anti infantry tank unlike lovely Tiger and Ostwind...mhmm...HEAT rounded Ostwind is one son of a bitch when it gets to vet 2.

Anyway. For Repair bunkers they COST and even if you can share them its no biggy...

-Armor. CALLIOPE THEM!
-Airborne. SATCHEL THEM!
-Infantry. HOWY or OFFMAP THEM!

Onboard Mechanics= Free and non-stop and Constant. It repairs quite fast for my taste...I mean c'mon you hurt a Sherman and in no time it comes back and one shots a Gren squad w00t!
I think Repair Bunkers and HEAT rounds are fine...

For German Steel, now its pretty biggy and makes tanks God like in health and penetration. No more Ranger blob or AB Blob one shotting a tank...is German Steel made just to counter Tank Reapers? I don't know...
German Steel is bad ass and could use 5% nerf on health, penetration I think it is fine

Because a forum post should be like a woman's skirt. Long enough to cover the subject material, but short enough to keep things interesting.
Bubblesatan Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #33 on: January 07, 2009, 04:30:28 am »

Considering that you often stack two or three repairs bunkers, that axis tanks vet 1 is 25% damage reduction, 5% bug seems to be more common on stugs and Pz4 than shermans and m10s, that the difference from a sherman and a Pz4 is 5 mp and 5 fuel even if sherman splash damage has been nerfed I wouldn't call OBM imbalanced, the player who choose armor sacrafice infantry for tanks to make them superior to axis ones and use them instead of infantry (or fail trying)
Mysthalin_Terror Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #34 on: January 07, 2009, 08:46:56 am »

Do you REALISE that OBM heals at 1,33 HP/s on Shermans and at 1,98(that's almost 2) HP on Pershings? Do you realise that it heals multiple tanks at a time? Do you realise it heals all the time? How many times have you sent a low health panther after a pershing, fired a shot in it's ass, killed the main gun, yelled woohoo, and the main gun insta-repaired and fucked your panther?
5 percent bug is as common on both sides, satan. I've seen a sherman survive 6 P4 shots in the ass in the row with everything disabled, and only die to the 7th one, as AT was arriving. And I've seen a Pershing die to a bike, or a Panther get engine destruction from a burst from a jeep. Shit happens, randomness should not be incorporated into this.
The whole problem of OBM could be fixed by making it repair at broadband 0,66-0,99 HP/s, rather than what it is now - 0,20 percent of all HP per second. That doesn't sound much, sure, but that's 12 percent a minute. That's a penetrated shrek shot repaired in 90 seconds on a sherman, and in 60 on a Pershing. That's blatantly OP.
Killer344 Offline
The Inquisitor

« Reply #35 on: January 07, 2009, 09:01:52 am »

go go go, nerf obm and see what people will do, double rocket rack spam ftw !

Making pershings cost-effective units is hard, obm just makes it a bit easier.

If I get shot and it's a gay medic fixing me up, he's not gonna be fondling my balls while he does it. You can't patch a chest wound and suck a cock at the same time.
Mysthalin_Terror Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #36 on: January 07, 2009, 09:16:25 am »

If people only choose OBM over DRR since OBM is OP, yes, OBM deserves a nerf.
Seriously, I'm quite ok with people trying to kill me with artilery - only units that don't dodge it are the ones I have no clue about even being there. Most of the time I manage to get out - unless I blob up, in which case I deserve to get punished. Just get behind a building when fighting DRR caliopes, sheesh.
Lai Offline
Propaganda Minister

« Reply #37 on: January 07, 2009, 09:16:42 am »

Mysthalin: seems like you're basing the values off of misten's idea. Misten is wrong. I've said before that my pm box is always open.

Mysthalin_Terror Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #38 on: January 07, 2009, 09:19:50 am »

Lai, misten is actually a convert of my views - he agreed to do a test with me to see just how powerfull OBM is. We did the test - he was proven wrong(He had thought the heal rate was 0,2 HP/s(and it's percent per second)).
What about your PM box being open though? You have the ability to nerf the OPd'ness of said ability?
Killer344 Offline
The Inquisitor

« Reply #39 on: January 07, 2009, 09:23:23 am »

If people only choose OBM over DRR since OBM is OP, yes, OBM deserves a nerf.
Seriously, I'm quite ok with people trying to kill me with artilery - only units that don't dodge it are the ones I have no clue about even being there. Most of the time I manage to get out - unless I blob up, in which case I deserve to get punished. Just get behind a building when fighting DRR caliopes, sheesh.

There wonīt be no buildings left after 1 barrage from DRR, Iīve even taken down chateaus with 1 lolz...
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 7   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

TinyPortal v1.0 beta 4 © Bloc