Account

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 24, 2024, 04:40:13 am

Login with username, password and session length

Resources

Recent posts

[March 08, 2024, 12:13:38 am]

[March 08, 2024, 12:12:54 am]

[March 08, 2024, 12:09:37 am]

[December 30, 2023, 08:00:58 pm]

[February 04, 2023, 11:46:41 am]

[December 25, 2022, 11:36:26 am]

[December 14, 2022, 12:10:06 am]

[September 22, 2022, 06:57:30 am]

[August 22, 2022, 05:10:35 pm]

[May 26, 2022, 10:13:22 am]
Pages: [1] 2   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Ostwind vs Stuart  (Read 9487 times)
Fingertrapped
« on: February 14, 2009, 10:51:47 am »

Stuart needs a little help in this matchup I think. It doesnt deal enough damage and gets pretty consistently penetrated by the Ostwind.
Two Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #1 on: February 14, 2009, 11:00:35 am »

Brits need a little help in every matchup.

IplayForKeeps: if we were an equation
IplayForKeeps: it would be
IplayForKeeps: two = keeps
IplayForKeeps: i only have 1 friend
Unkn0wn Offline
No longer retired

« Reply #2 on: February 14, 2009, 11:07:43 am »

Ostwinds are great for dealing with M8s and other light armored vehicles so I don't see why they shouldn't be able to penetrate a Stuart..?
Mgallun74 Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #3 on: February 14, 2009, 11:09:09 am »

ya.. and the marder.. anytime a stuart gets behind and marder and hits it 3 times from side and rear at close range that marder should be toast.. it has no armor, especially in the crew area..

37mm on the Stuart in reality is a pretty mean little gun, easily could penetrate Mark4s, STugs, Osts, Marders from sides and rear at decent range.

I have a things that bug me alot in this game..

1.  Panzershks can shoot at long range very accurately.. in reality you be lucky to hit anything over 60yards to 100 yards with it.. couldnt count how many times i would haver a sherman get outdueled by a schk squad at long range.

2.  The paper thin Side and rear armor of the axis tanks just not taking enough damage.. Stuart, Sherman getting behind or a side shot on a Stug, Mark4, Ost, Marder and even the HTs.. 2-3 shots and the guy is barely hurt.. ya ok, not sure if the guns on the allied tanks are just too weak or what but needs looking at..

3.  That Motar HT is nuts.. in can effectively can kill crews and squads in 1-2 shots..

in my month player here i have come to the reality that this game is tilted towards the german players, its a fact in my eyes due to some of the equipment the axis have is pretty elite compared to the rather vanilla allieds, i.e. cloaking itmes, even i middle of field, hand held AT guns shooting as far as tanks, paper thin armor items taking a good pounding etc..the americans are very bland except for a few very expensive things, the brits are designed to the the El Alamien army, sit and wait.. they need some movement items, infantry HMG, Motar and maybe a 6pdr.

all this is just my opinnion

Baine Offline
Steven Spielberg

« Reply #4 on: February 14, 2009, 11:18:46 am »

ya.. and the marder.. anytime a stuart gets behind and marder and hits it 3 times from side and rear at close range that marder should be toast.. it has no armor, especially in the crew area..

37mm on the Stuart in reality is a pretty mean little gun, easily could penetrate Mark4s, STugs, Osts, Marders from sides and rear at decent range.

I have a things that bug me alot in this game..

1.  Panzershks can shoot at long range very accurately.. in reality you be lucky to hit anything over 60yards to 100 yards with it.. couldnt count how many times i would haver a sherman get outdueled by a schk squad at long range.

2.  The paper thin Side and rear armor of the axis tanks just not taking enough damage.. Stuart, Sherman getting behind or a side shot on a Stug, Mark4, Ost, Marder and even the HTs.. 2-3 shots and the guy is barely hurt.. ya ok, not sure if the guns on the allied tanks are just too weak or what but needs looking at..

3.  That Motar HT is nuts.. in can effectively can kill crews and squads in 1-2 shots..

in my month player here i have come to the reality that this game is tilted towards the german players, its a fact in my eyes due to some of the equipment the axis have is pretty elite compared to the rather vanilla allieds, i.e. cloaking itmes, even i middle of field, hand held AT guns shooting as far as tanks, paper thin armor items taking a good pounding etc..the americans are very bland except for a few very expensive things, the brits are designed to the the El Alamien army, sit and wait.. they need some movement items, infantry HMG, Motar and maybe a 6pdr.

all this is just my opinnion

Sorry, I don't want to get personal, but if you would have started with axis, you would complain in the other direction. Shreks vs shermans at long range? No chance. Airborne/Ranger fire up. etc

Fingertrapped
« Reply #5 on: February 14, 2009, 11:44:51 am »

The stuart is a light tank, not a vehicle like the bren carrier, puma, ac,  quad or M8/M3. It should beat the ostwind in a frontal to frontal engagement. It is two-shotted by a shrek and can hardly damage a pak.
nugnugx Offline
Donator

« Reply #6 on: February 14, 2009, 11:47:43 am »

the ostwind is not a light tank but a tank as it is based on p4 chasis , only weaker firepower

Mysthalin_Axis Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #7 on: February 14, 2009, 12:04:19 pm »

Noone said the ostwind is a light tank - the stuart, however is a light tank. That's one notch below Medium Tanks like P4s and Ostwinds.
Igawa Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #8 on: February 14, 2009, 12:10:10 pm »

Ostwind has approximately P4 armor, and a 37mm AA gun mounted. Stuart armor IRL has a maximum depth of 51mm in front, with the minimum being 11mm.

I don't see how making them stand up to an ostwind would make any sense. Maybe frontal combat, but side/rear no way.
Skaevola Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #9 on: February 14, 2009, 12:14:13 pm »

The stuart isnt supposed to kill an ostwind.
Mysthalin_Axis Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #10 on: February 14, 2009, 01:24:52 pm »

Would be nice though.
I mean, you have to start with a cromwell/firefly just to fend off an ostwind that almost always comes in at the start, if you're brits. Don't even try and give bullshit like "PIATS!" I mean really, don't test my pacience -.-
Unkn0wn Offline
No longer retired

« Reply #11 on: February 14, 2009, 01:29:52 pm »

I think people are exaggerating the uselessness of PIATS.
Yes they're quite shitty, shitty however doesn't mean useless.

Not to mentioned they're priced somewhat accordingly.

That being said, I do personally acknowledge the fact that they don't have any solid AT starting options.
« Last Edit: February 14, 2009, 01:31:59 pm by Unkn0wn » Logged
Guderian Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #12 on: February 14, 2009, 01:32:22 pm »

what? they seem to have godly penetration

Eir customer support staff.
Smithy17 Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #13 on: February 14, 2009, 01:32:48 pm »

I don't think they are exaggerating if its ostwinds we are talking about.
A sapper piat squad is unable to counter an ostwind.
Mysthalin_Axis Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #14 on: February 14, 2009, 01:33:33 pm »

Unknown - a mortar halftrack does more damage per shot to a firefly, than a piat does to a panther/stug on a per shot basis.
PIATs are damnright absolutely useless - only thing they can hit is a jagdpanther from point blank when it's buttoned - that's where it's only usefulness lays in.
And it'll be some time before everyone will buy KTs and JPs instead of the lovable P4 or Ostwind you can't even hit, even when buttoned.
Guderian - they have shitfuckass penetration. Only reason they seem to penetrate good on the big big big tanks is because the shell arcs over and accidentaly rears armor them.
Guderian Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #15 on: February 14, 2009, 01:35:03 pm »

has yet to played eir:r i assumed they were same as vcoh Tongue

but we'll get there we'll get there
Lionel-Richie
« Reply #16 on: February 14, 2009, 04:59:31 pm »

I think people are exaggerating the uselessness of PIATS.
Yes they're quite shitty, shitty however doesn't mean useless.

Not to mentioned they're priced somewhat accordingly.

Priced accordingly? But all the people who insist brits should use PIATS counter accuracy arguments with "use button up" which requires a tommy squad + extra munitions. Tommy w/ Bren + Sapper w/PIAT is the cost of infantry-based AT. Even though I still often miss in vanilla with my PIATs no matter the range. I really don't think "firing over hedgerows" makes up for that.
Benevolence Offline
EIR Regular

« Reply #17 on: February 14, 2009, 05:10:27 pm »

The Stuart and M8 both use the same 37mm gun, this wouldn't penetrate the 80mm thick frontal armour of a panzer IV.

Also the Ostwind has a 37mm automatic cannon, if the stuart can penetrate the Panzer IV, then the Ostwind should murder it.

Leave it as it is, its fine. Just make PIATs a little more accurate.
« Last Edit: February 14, 2009, 05:14:25 pm by Benevolence » Logged
Skaevola Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #18 on: February 14, 2009, 05:16:13 pm »

Would be nice though.
I mean, you have to start with a cromwell/firefly just to fend off an ostwind that almost always comes in at the start, if you're brits. Don't even try and give bullshit like "PIATS!" I mean really, don't test my pacience -.-

uhh, button it and 17 pounder and kill it in like two shots?
Mysthalin_Axis Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #19 on: February 14, 2009, 05:19:24 pm »

Would be nice though.

uhh, button it and 17 pounder and kill it in like two shots?
Yeah, and you're gonna set up a 17 pdr in the thick of battle with a 1 minute set up time?
Please, noone plays anything else but reinforcements gamemode.
Button costs 90 munitions, PIATS - 85 munitions. That's 175 munitions. For something that's way less effective than a shrek or a pak, it's a fuck-ton.
And you don't know how horrible the PIAT accuracy is. Missing marders at point blank while it's locked down and buttoned up...
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

TinyPortal v1.0 beta 4 © Bloc