Account

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 04, 2024, 07:17:49 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Resources

Recent posts

[Yesterday at 11:54:46 pm]

[April 22, 2024, 03:40:53 am]

[April 21, 2024, 12:02:54 pm]

[April 06, 2024, 02:26:25 am]

[March 08, 2024, 12:13:38 am]

[March 08, 2024, 12:13:13 am]

[March 08, 2024, 12:12:54 am]

[December 30, 2023, 08:00:58 pm]

[February 04, 2023, 11:46:41 am]

[December 25, 2022, 11:36:26 am]
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: #US Infantry doctrine  (Read 4813 times)
skaffa Offline
Honoured Member

The very best player of one of the four factions.

« on: June 28, 2015, 06:27:28 am »

Made a Infantry Doctrine. Used the useful buffs from the current doc and replaced the rest.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1-Y0x92Dhnn9zL7fOt7O4rOGGjQcgLLGAzpqo59QldW4/pubhtml
« Last Edit: July 01, 2015, 02:32:18 pm by skaffa » Logged

Quote from: deadbolt
bad luck skaffa>  creates best and most played eir maps
                      >  hated for creating best and most played eir maps

Quote from: Tachibana
47k new all time record?

Quote from: deadbolt
Don't knock it til uve tried it bitchface, this isn't anything like salads version. Besides u said a semois conversion would never work, now look that's the most played map, ohgodwhy.jpg r u map lead
jackmccrack Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #1 on: June 28, 2015, 07:13:11 am »

I like it, and I would remove the increased costs.
« Last Edit: June 28, 2015, 07:28:22 am by jackmccrack » Logged

Let's talk about PIATs in a car.
tank130 Offline
Sugar Daddy

« Reply #2 on: June 28, 2015, 08:24:29 am »

I like it, and I would remove the increased costs.

All unlocks will have a resource cost, he just put it in his presentation. I would suggest that is a bit of a waste of time at this point as all doctrines will need to have their resources balanced against each other. But I guess there's no harm in putting what you think it should be.

Geez, while Wind was banned I forgot that he is, in fact, totally insufferable
I'm not going to lie Tig, 9/10 times you open your mouth, I'm overwhelmed with the urge to put my foot in it.
tank130 Offline
Sugar Daddy

« Reply #3 on: June 28, 2015, 08:31:08 am »

You have 8 buffs in one unlock, that's not gonna happen......LOL

If you are confused: An unlock should be one ability. It can affect multiple units, but you can't just stuff a handful of specializations into one unlock.
tank130 Offline
Sugar Daddy

« Reply #4 on: June 28, 2015, 08:53:25 am »

Multiple buffs to one unit works. Keep in mind if you add 8 buffs to one unit it is going to cost a ridiculous amount of resources or just be to unbalanced to implement.
skaffa Offline
Honoured Member

The very best player of one of the four factions.

« Reply #5 on: June 28, 2015, 09:06:23 am »

Alright I went for the more specialized way of looking at each unit and checking what they could use/what would people pay for. I can change it into a few small buffs but then applied to all 3 support weapons. Prolly like '+1 man, buff redeploy time, +10 hp per man. Mortar would not really be interesting tho. BTW it isnt 8 buffs to 1 unit. its 3 units in there that each get their own buffs. Mortar gets 1, HMG gets 3, ATG gets 3.
« Last Edit: June 28, 2015, 09:11:47 am by skaffa » Logged
Scotzmen Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #6 on: June 28, 2015, 09:18:08 am »

It should be alright, as long as the units getting buffed are in the same catagory, so if it's just support weapons, awesome
tank130 Offline
Sugar Daddy

« Reply #7 on: June 28, 2015, 01:40:58 pm »

It should be alright, as long as the units getting buffed are in the same catagory, so if it's just support weapons, awesome

TBH, it's pretty much the same system we have now. You select an unlock and it provides a bunch of buffs to different units. If you are going to do that, then what is the point of reworking the doctrines?

TheVolskinator Offline
Administrator / Lead Developer

« Reply #8 on: June 28, 2015, 02:12:12 pm »

Why has this issue not been brought up with other doctrine submissions, or even in the outline for the new doctrines? Tell us, only one buff per unlock (which sounds boring as hell both to create and to make a company around) in concrete, absolute words, please, tank.

Quote from: tank130
I want to ensure we have a 100% decision on the process before we do the wipe.
If not, then I wipe, then someone gets something they shouldn't, then it gets abused, then the shit hits the fan and then I ban shab.

Getting EiR:R Released on Steam

Forum Rules & Guidelines
tank130 Offline
Sugar Daddy

« Reply #9 on: June 28, 2015, 07:02:46 pm »

Why has this issue not been brought up with other doctrine submissions, or even in the outline for the new doctrines?
Sorry dude, I thought this made it pretty clear:

Completely forget the current doctrine names and the current doctrine system. This is a complete overhaul of the entire mechanic and will have no resemblance to the current system.

If we were just to have the exact same system but just broken into individual tabs would be..... well...... a complete waste of time.

I think you are also missing the point. The top row is for buffs to unlocks only. The second row is for both battalion units & unlocks, but not both in the same selection.
Bottom row is for Battalion units only, but not different buffs to different units in the same selection.

Why has this issue not been brought up with other doctrine submissions
Because my life does not revolve around Eir; so I just noticed. Skaffa also took it to a bit of an extreme so it stood out.
Tachibana Offline
NotADev

« Reply #10 on: June 28, 2015, 10:14:31 pm »

If we were just to have the exact same system but just broken into individual tabs would be..... well...... a complete waste of time.

I disagree. Being able to pick and choose doctrine choices inherently lets you create a doctrine to your styling rather than being pigeonholed by trees. By making them separate, you already open a whole new avenue of strategy and company building dynamic that was not there earlier. Right now, you face someone playing, say, blitz, and you know you'll be dealing with one of 3 or 4 main builds. With the separate selection, you never really know.

Not to say that I am rebuffing you. However, I think you do a great disservice to the separation of doctrines by calling it "a complete waste of time". Even if we changed absolutely nothing other than separating the current doctrines, it would be a massive shift in how EIR works, probably the greatest change to EIR since the warmap introduction.

However, if I may make a point, creating this mass flexibility in allowing non-tier doctrine choices, and then limiting that flexibility by limiting what the doctrines do seems slightly counterintuitive. I agree, Skaffa is certainly over the top in some of his doctrine(-8-), but I feel 2-3 should not be looked down upon(especially if there is a connecting theme).
« Last Edit: June 28, 2015, 10:16:15 pm by Tachibana » Logged

It's like saying "i can understand his concerns that fire breathing dragons live in far away lands"
americans dont dodge wars.
Quote from: Trapfabricator
Literally, The only thing less likely than this is zombie hitler becoming prime minister of israel
tank130 Offline
Sugar Daddy

« Reply #11 on: June 29, 2015, 06:52:08 am »

Even if we changed absolutely nothing other than separating the current doctrines, it would be a massive shift in how EIR works, probably the greatest change to EIR since the warmap introduction.

It would be a massive shift towards complete failure and stupidity. Take a moment and think that through. Seriously, just think that all the way through and image picking all 3 T4's.............. Yup, failure and stupidity.

It would require a rework of the current doctrines - now why didn't we think of that - oh snap, we did.

However, if I may make a point, creating this mass flexibility in allowing non-tier doctrine choices, and then limiting that flexibility by limiting what the doctrines do seems slightly counterintuitive.

Nope, not at all. It sounds like putting a lid on the stupidity that can abound in this mod. Hell, if we let you guys have your way we would be running zero limits on resources and allowing you to pick all 4 current T4's.......LOL

There comes a point when we need to keep this game about skill and strategy rather than a bunch of super power buffs and "I win" buttons.
We have come up with a system that allows you to pick and choose abilities based on your play style. It will never be a system that allows you to buff the shit out of everything.
GrayWolf Offline
Development

« Reply #12 on: June 29, 2015, 08:25:09 am »

Nope, not at all. It sounds like putting a lid on the stupidity that can abound in this mod. Hell, if we let you guys have your way we would be running zero limits on resources and allowing you to pick all 4 current T4's.......LOL

+1

Just joking. Guys, we shouldn't talk about balance here. Current devs are for the new meta/system so the only thing you can do is to deal with it, lol. If you don't like the changes make a boycott thread with a poll or something, but don't rubbish skaffa's thread.  Tongue

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

TinyPortal v1.0 beta 4 © Bloc