Account

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 19, 2024, 02:11:04 am

Login with username, password and session length

Resources

Recent posts

[March 08, 2024, 12:13:38 am]

[March 08, 2024, 12:12:54 am]

[March 08, 2024, 12:09:37 am]

[December 30, 2023, 08:00:58 pm]

[February 04, 2023, 11:46:41 am]

[December 25, 2022, 11:36:26 am]

[December 14, 2022, 12:10:06 am]

[September 22, 2022, 06:57:30 am]

[August 22, 2022, 05:10:35 pm]

[May 26, 2022, 10:13:22 am]
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Crimes against Tigers  (Read 4758 times)
TheArea Offline
EIR Veteran

« on: April 19, 2016, 01:45:28 pm »

I was tempted to put this in balance forums, but lets just call it exhibit A.

I'm posting this knowing that I suck, and in a spectacular way in this game. But, I also think that there is something very wrong with Tigers.

If you just focus on that unit in this replay it reflects something about my play in that game (shit), but also the shit state of the tiger (and probably KT and persh too).

Little things:

Notice it's a vet 1 tiger, so its "buffed". Lasted roughly 25 mins on field and died with 2 inf and 1 tank kill. Again, I realize much of this is my fault, but again tigers are terribad.

Proviso:

After the game, Volks made the comment "Area played whole game with AP rounds", which even if true does that mean the tiger is totally useless vs inf as a result? Tiger price check plz. At the same time, in the same game the tiger bounced as much as it missed and tickled inf.

So either I used AP whole game and bounced off of tanks and tickled inf because of it. Or, I consistently picked the wrong type of round on purpose and killed 2 inf and 1 tank as a result. I think in either case, if you watch replay, tiger needs help.

Highlights not to be missed:
*(again and again) inf in red cover taking 0 damage
*at 28:30 watch Stag frontally pen tiger (must see tv)
*much tiger bounce off of sherman, m10s, and LVs (no lie!)

TLDR: Replay of much player and tiger balance fail.

TheVolskinator Offline
Administrator / Lead Developer

« Reply #1 on: April 19, 2016, 02:40:43 pm »

You need to load HE to engage infantry. You literally just had to press the button to load the other type of ammunition, and you would have nuked most of my infantry.

The Tiger is not currently underpowered. Your reasoning skills ("if what I'm currently shooting isn't working, maybe I should try the other type of ammo"), however, might be.

Quote from: tank130
I want to ensure we have a 100% decision on the process before we do the wipe.
If not, then I wipe, then someone gets something they shouldn't, then it gets abused, then the shit hits the fan and then I ban shab.

Getting EiR:R Released on Steam

Forum Rules & Guidelines
jackmccrack Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #2 on: April 19, 2016, 03:15:49 pm »

Homie I watched that replay, or played the game -- I can't remember (drugs, you know) -- and it seems you were using the wrong type of ammo.

Let's talk about PIATs in a car.
I2ay Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #3 on: April 19, 2016, 03:38:10 pm »

If you never load fucking HE shells you'll never kill any infantry. This isn't a hard concept dawg. What the actual fuck is going through your mind right now? The splash on the Tiger got buffed just last patch to make switching between the ammo types more effective at each toggle than the Tiger used to be before the toggle was introduced. You just have to micro more now, maybe it's just not the right unit for you if you'd like to act pants on head retarded and never once look at unit abilities.

Hicks58 Offline
Development

« Reply #4 on: April 19, 2016, 04:06:08 pm »

0.1 acc vs infantry on AP rounds.

0.2 pen vs anything bigger than a halftrack on HE rounds.

Use the wrong ammo and you will not do shit.

I mean I know Obama was the first one in EiR to get a card. and tbfh the Race card is pretty OP. but Romney has the K.K.K., those guys seem to camo anywhere. So OP units from both sides.
At the end of the day, however, stormtroopers finally got the anal invasion with a cactus they have richly deserved for years.
TheArea Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #5 on: April 19, 2016, 06:38:58 pm »

To OPs:
Believe me I tried to toggle to the right ammo when necessary, i was just framing the replay within the context of the worst possible scenario where I went full AP or full retard. All I was saying is that in either case 2 inf and 1 tank kill should have not have been the result. Hence, my claim that its shit balance for tiger.

Hicks: that seems like a fail design decision. At least tweak its cost then.

At the moment, combined arms just means blobbing, dont see the payoff in the design decision improving game play or balance. It certainly changes the meta, such that, heavies are being made to suck. So, the ultimate affect is rather than increasing the viability of ALL units you've basically killed the utility of the heavies, flattening the game.

Seriously, why take a tiger when stags frontally pen it, M10s and Chaffes dance circles around it, and one has to switch from one ammo to the other in hopes of doing ANY damage. It makes no sense, you've basically nerfed it to the ground if it doesnt have the right ammo selected, no other unit (cept KT and persh) in the game require it? I dont see how thats anything but a mega nerf.

If blob city is what you want, then i guess nerfing vehicles makes sense, so nerf ALL of them please.

Just seems like if you want to keep it as is you ought to either fix the price, nerf inf blobs or LVs, or shit at least  give it a turret rotation buff.
TheVolskinator Offline
Administrator / Lead Developer

« Reply #6 on: April 19, 2016, 09:44:01 pm »

Since we have buffed both AP and HE, they are now much more effective against their intended targets. Think of the Tiger/Pershing as an oversized IST--they WILL literally nuke squads if they're clumped up, say, in cover. Even if they aren't you're really putting the lives of your vet infantry in the hands of RNGsus when facing a heavy with HE in the breech.

The only thing you really need to do at that point is to follow the Hicks Doctrine (tm) (see: have a Pak or ATG follow the heavy around 'like a lost puppy'), and you're set to go. Ideally you should do this with any armored vehicle, let the ATG deal with vehicles--saves you from using repair kits prematurely.

The logic behind the toggle is simple. You want to use combined arms to attack a heavy, because if it's using AP, your infantry and ATGs can get up close to it without any problems, and if it has HE loaded, you can send vehicles after it. On the other side of the fence, you want to have (hopefully) an ATG, an MG, some sort of scouting, etc. on hand in order to help fight off these more-diverse attacking elements--to deal damage to what the heavy might not be able to (i.e., Pak deals with tanks while the Tiger happily turns a blob of AB into nice meaty chunks).
« Last Edit: April 19, 2016, 10:01:57 pm by TheVolskinator » Logged
I2ay Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #7 on: April 20, 2016, 12:12:26 am »

I'm not going to lie dawg, I think Area might be too retarded to pick up what you're saying.
Shabtajus Offline
EIR Veteran

The very best player of one of the four factions.

« Reply #8 on: April 20, 2016, 12:51:04 am »

I'm not going to lie dawg, I think Area might be too retarded to pick up what you're saying.

lmfao  Cheesy

I feel like if Smokaz and Shab met up it would be a 50/50 tossup to see which one of them robbed the other first.
Tries to convince people he's a good guy,says things like this. Scumbag Shab.
aeroblade56 Offline
Development

« Reply #9 on: April 20, 2016, 07:02:08 am »

lmfao  Cheesy

LMAOP

You are welcome to your opinion.

You are also welcome to be wrong.
Hicks58 Offline
Development

« Reply #10 on: April 20, 2016, 10:10:16 am »

Hicks: that seems like a fail design decision. At least tweak its cost then.

You've been told where you are going wrong, and you ARE going wrong.

Your response is that yes, you are going wrong, but you don't like that you are going wrong so we should adjust the unit to your need.

I say nay. You get a substantial damage and pen increase with AP rounds and a substantial accuracy and splash increase with HE rounds.

Adapt to the unit or use a different one.
GORKHALI Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #11 on: April 20, 2016, 10:17:54 am »

I just want to say anything give it a better frontal armor coz from wat i see its crap.

Hicks58 Offline
Development

« Reply #12 on: April 20, 2016, 10:52:46 am »

Pull up the game files and tell me why the Tiger and Pershing armour is crap Gork.
Smokaz Offline
Honoured Member

« Reply #13 on: April 25, 2016, 06:15:23 pm »

this was the game where you called out the rage tiger after getting mad the game before

when you see tiger as a 2nd callin after losing in r+ mode

you know you guna get it

SlippedHerTheBigOne: big penis puma
SlippedHerTheBigOne: and i have no repairkits
SlippedHerTheBigOne: ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

TinyPortal v1.0 beta 4 © Bloc