Account

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 16, 2024, 02:34:34 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Resources

Recent posts

[March 08, 2024, 12:13:38 am]

[March 08, 2024, 12:12:54 am]

[March 08, 2024, 12:09:37 am]

[December 30, 2023, 08:00:58 pm]

[February 04, 2023, 11:46:41 am]

[December 25, 2022, 11:36:26 am]

[December 14, 2022, 12:10:06 am]

[September 22, 2022, 06:57:30 am]

[August 22, 2022, 05:10:35 pm]

[May 26, 2022, 10:13:22 am]
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Balanced or not?  (Read 5391 times)
Mgallun74 Offline
EIR Veteran

« on: February 17, 2009, 10:11:08 am »

explain to me how game works.

1.  Normal Sherman with .50 cal.. i see a building with some shreks in it, i keep inching my sherman up to shoot at building at longest range.. as soon as i finally get in that spot and start shooting, so do the schk, so they can shoot just as far as a tank and wow, nice and accurate too.  first off, i dont think it was even possible for Schk to be fired from buildings, also why does a hand held at weapon has same range as a tank?

2.  My teammate had a set of commandos in a building, 2 kch squads ran up to building, and after a min of shooting the commandos died, the kch barely took damage?

explain?

Flashpoint Gold Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #1 on: February 17, 2009, 10:55:42 am »

1. Shrecks were fired from everywhere, but water. The Germans didn't get far enough to produce their underwater shrecks (jk). The reason shrecks can fire that far is because of the changes in range from real life into the game. In normality tanks engaged in combat from long range, but Relic changed it to close combat fighting. If they implemented ratios to ranges with real life then the shrecks would only be able to fire a few feet.

2. KCH are just that epic. Stens versus MP44s = no contest.

This is my signature, this is where I put all these little tidbits that show my character or just random things I found funny. Well you know what?
EFF YOU!!!!1
Baine Offline
Steven Spielberg

« Reply #2 on: February 17, 2009, 11:02:09 am »

2. KCH are just that epic. Stens versus MP44s = no contest.

That's actually not true. I had Kchs running against Commandos and they got mowed down at arrival. But it has probably to do with the building they were in. If it had not many windows on the side the KCHs were at, they could easily kill them all, one after one.

EscforrealityTLS Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #3 on: February 17, 2009, 11:03:43 am »

Mgallun74, Replay please.

(1) To confirm your max rang high accuracy shreck babel.

(2) I really want to see the 2 commandos in a building getting gibed by 2 KCH that take no damage.

Pwanawan baby!
mgallun75 Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #4 on: February 17, 2009, 11:10:13 am »

actually 1 commando in the building..
EscforrealityTLS Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #5 on: February 17, 2009, 11:12:05 am »

Really a set of commandos means one?

2.  My teammate had a set of commandos in a building, 2 kch squads ran up to building, and after a min of shooting the commandos died, the kch barely took damage?

Regardless, Replay.
Apex Offline
Honoured Member

« Reply #6 on: February 17, 2009, 11:13:43 am »

One window towards KCH.
Tymathee Offline
Donator

« Reply #7 on: February 17, 2009, 11:15:00 am »

Mgallun74, Replay please.

(1) To confirm your max rang high accuracy shreck babel.

(2) I really want to see the 2 commandos in a building getting gibed by 2 KCH that take no damage.

i can confirm that schecks have as much range as a sherman.

Sherman max = 40
Scheck max = 35

and i think they get a range boost in buildings right? so yeah...

"I want proof!"
"I have proof!"
"Whatever, I'm still right"

Dafuq man, don't ask for proof if you'll refuse it if it's not in your favor, logic fallacy for the bloody win.
Tymathee Offline
Donator

« Reply #8 on: February 17, 2009, 11:15:30 am »

sooo...ur whining cuz 1 commando squad lost to 2 kch squads? noob...
mgallun75 Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #9 on: February 17, 2009, 11:16:58 am »

sooo...ur whining cuz 1 commando squad lost to 2 kch squads? noob...

whatever dude, the commando was in the building, protection.. the kch were standing outside in the open field..    something dont seem to right there..
Fingertrapped
« Reply #10 on: February 17, 2009, 11:19:53 am »

If 2 KCH squads are facing a commando squad inside a house with a SINGLE window to shoot out of, it is fundamental coh mechanics who are coming to bear on the commandos. Why do you think people position their rifles against the "short" side of a house? To make sure that garrisoned infantry inside have a minimum of windows manned in their direction.

North
|----W------W-----|
|                         W
W                        W    East
|                          |
----------W--------
         South

Look at this ugly square I have produced. Imagine its a HOUSE with a volk squad is inside. Which side would you attack with a rifle squad? Theres two windows from the north side, three on the east and 1 on the south. Theres basically four things to impact your decision:

- Effective range of your weapons and their weapons
(In this situation: Close range for rifles, long range for volks)
- Number of windows on each side(south side allows only 1 man to return fire)
- Type of cover available. (if there is a lot of windows and no cover, its a bad side to attack from)
- Distance to the best side based on the variables above
(you dont wanna move in close range of automatic weapons to get to cover because you could be half dead by the time you are there)

Example: If I got bar rifles or mp44s, I want to get as close as possible to the side with the best cover. But if there are commandos or LMGs inside, I dont wanna cross open or red cover to get there. So I make a compromise, positioning my units in the closest green cover against the side of the house with only 2 windows.

« Last Edit: February 17, 2009, 11:38:20 am by Fingertrapped » Logged
salan Offline
Synergies TL2 mod!

« Reply #11 on: February 17, 2009, 11:22:42 am »

Im sorry mgallun that you feel your infantry should pwn the enemy simply because of what type of infantry there is.  COH itself is built upon restrictions you are not taking into count.

Not knowing that Panzershreks fire out of garrisons, or that they have the same range as tanks, I would guess you are new to the game.

try not to get upset with factual responses to your message, if you need help learning how to play, there are a lot of people around who will give you sound and reasonable advice.  But you need to be willing to hear it as well.

look me up, I'll have a game with you when I'm around if you are in need of a partner.

mgallun75 Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #12 on: February 17, 2009, 11:26:24 am »

Really a set of commandos means one?

Regardless, Replay.

1 commando squad! lol..
EscforrealityTLS Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #13 on: February 17, 2009, 11:29:05 am »

What does that even mean? Where is the replay?

Look I'm sick to death of all these Axis is OP threads, there is nothing wrong with the axis, British need some serious love and PE some tweaking but it ends there.
Mgallun74 Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #14 on: February 17, 2009, 11:39:17 am »

If 2 KCH squads are facing a commando squad inside a house with a SINGLE window to shoot out of, it is fundamental coh mechanics who are coming to bear on the commandos. Why do you think people position their rifles against the "short" side of a house? To make sure that garrisoned infantry inside have a minimum of windows manned in their direction.

North
|----W------W-----|
----------W--------
         South

Look at this ugly square I have produced. Imagine its a HOUSE with a volk squad is inside. Which side would you attack with a rifle squad? Theres two windows from the north side, three on the east and 1 on the south. Theres basically four things to impact your decision:

- Type of cover available. (if there is a lot of windows and no cover, its a bad side to attack from)
(you dont wanna move in close range of automatic weapons to get to cover because you could be half dead by the time you are there)

Example: If I got bar rifles or mp44s, I want to get as close as possible to the side with the best cover. But if there are commandos or LMGs inside, I dont wanna cross open or red cover to get there. So I make a compromise, positioning my units in the closest green cover against the side of the house with only 2 windows.

thank you.. you gave me a answer i needed.. the commandos i think only had 1 window.. that helps me with attacking buildings now with infantry too..
Mgallun74 Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #15 on: February 17, 2009, 11:43:50 am »

What does that even mean? Where is the replay?

Look I'm sick to death of all these Axis is OP threads, there is nothing wrong with the axis, British need some serious love and PE some tweaking but it ends there.

nowhere did i say they were OP, i was asking for a answer to why things happen, i play a hour or so a night, have been for a few months, but i havent had time to get in the nuts and bolts as like ranges of things, or like the building thing..   now i know.. but that doesnt stop me from thinking its gamey for a hand held at weapon to shoot as far as a tank, but its part of game so i will deal with..
salan Offline
Synergies TL2 mod!

« Reply #16 on: February 17, 2009, 11:44:46 am »

Thank you finger for helping educate instead of flaming.
Fingertrapped
« Reply #17 on: February 17, 2009, 11:50:54 am »

No problem! I live to serve the community..
Lionel-Richie
« Reply #18 on: February 17, 2009, 11:55:24 am »

thank you.. you gave me a answer i needed.. the commandos i think only had 1 window.. that helps me with attacking buildings now with infantry too..

Yeah, there's a surprisingly large amount of depth and "hidden" mechanics in this game that aren't obvious. A lot of these I had no clue about until I started playing EiR actually...the game doesn't explain things like "weapon effectiveness at distances" like Volks being better at long range and Rifles up close. The window thing is kinda hard to notice as well, especially since you're used to it being otherwise in most RTS's.
Baine Offline
Steven Spielberg

« Reply #19 on: February 17, 2009, 12:31:03 pm »

North
|----W------W-----|
----------W--------
         South

Were you even reading most of the posts? :S
Several posts telling you about the window problem.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

TinyPortal v1.0 beta 4 © Bloc