Account

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 19, 2024, 04:20:25 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Resources

Recent posts

[March 08, 2024, 12:13:38 am]

[March 08, 2024, 12:12:54 am]

[March 08, 2024, 12:09:37 am]

[December 30, 2023, 08:00:58 pm]

[February 04, 2023, 11:46:41 am]

[December 25, 2022, 11:36:26 am]

[December 14, 2022, 12:10:06 am]

[September 22, 2022, 06:57:30 am]

[August 22, 2022, 05:10:35 pm]

[May 26, 2022, 10:13:22 am]
Pages: [1] 2   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: 6p_Graveyard  (Read 9133 times)
deadbolt Offline
Probably Banned
EIR Veteran

« on: November 26, 2010, 09:03:30 am »

http://www.filefront.com/17589982/betamap.sga

« Last Edit: December 01, 2010, 12:30:42 pm by deadbolt » Logged

DERDBERT
Like Jesus, Keeps died for us

He made a funny thread for bear, and got banned.

Now bear makes his own funny thread. It's unsurprisingly not funny.

Keeps died for our funny threads.
slyguy7447 Offline
Donator

« Reply #1 on: November 26, 2010, 09:16:22 am »

I like it.  Maybe a bit more LOS blocking terrain (not much) in the bottom area so a single 88 can't control half the map, and maybe a bit more light/heavy inf cover near the church?  Looks like it might be hard to clear out a HMG and ATG set up there.
Unkn0wn Offline
No longer retired

« Reply #2 on: November 26, 2010, 09:43:12 am »

Interesting map.
Atmosphere setting is a turnoff though.
Smokaz Offline
Honoured Member

« Reply #3 on: November 26, 2010, 09:47:41 am »

Looks like a campaign map for warcraft 3!

SlippedHerTheBigOne: big penis puma
SlippedHerTheBigOne: and i have no repairkits
SlippedHerTheBigOne: ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
LeoPhone Offline
Honoured Member

« Reply #4 on: November 26, 2010, 10:57:29 am »

you got to check how those objects work ingame. corsix can be a help. I know some of those big walls dont block units so they will just walk trough it while the wall keeps standing there. also check shot blocking etc.

I think there are also some objects that dont actually block shots, but if a unit scores a miss it will always collide with the wall. all very weird.
deadbolt Offline
Probably Banned
EIR Veteran

« Reply #5 on: November 26, 2010, 11:02:27 am »

Interesting map.
Atmosphere setting is a turnoff though.

atmosphere isnt right, its gonna be night time with light rain, combined with fog markers to give it an erey atmosphere, like ep0c horror werewolf movies, mkay.
deadbolt Offline
Probably Banned
EIR Veteran

« Reply #6 on: November 28, 2010, 02:09:27 pm »

here betatesting is open:

http://www.filefront.com/17589982/betamap.sga
« Last Edit: December 01, 2010, 12:23:09 pm by deadbolt » Logged
Spartan_Marine88 Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #7 on: November 28, 2010, 04:03:03 pm »

atmosphere isnt right, its gonna be night time with light rain, combined with fog markers to give it an erey atmosphere, like ep0c horror werewolf movies, mkay.

werewolf NPC's mercin meh vet!

Yes that's me, the special snowflake.
Heartmann Offline
Officer of Kindness

« Reply #8 on: November 30, 2010, 01:39:30 pm »

Id say its a ok map, fun different feel and play stile, it makes also for a different environment to play in, id add more gravestones may be  less smaller walls, give it a scattered cover feel to it, and may be either a bit less broad or make it longer otherwise awesome! ^^

In the basement getting drunk.
It's not really creepy until I show up.............

- I've heard of being an animal in bed but...

- The phallic principle of the Navy Wink
LeoPhone Offline
Honoured Member

« Reply #9 on: November 30, 2010, 01:45:16 pm »

so sad btw... This map entirely exists of random stamps taken from vcoh maps.

to name a few:

vire river valley
bernieres-sur-mer
Autry
deadbolt Offline
Probably Banned
EIR Veteran

« Reply #10 on: November 30, 2010, 01:50:23 pm »

qq go spam straight line splines of farms. atleast this is abit more original than ur farm maps lolololol.
Spartan_Marine88 Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #11 on: November 30, 2010, 02:09:56 pm »

Just finished playing this map. I love it.
LeoPhone Offline
Honoured Member

« Reply #12 on: November 30, 2010, 02:52:54 pm »

qq go spam straight line splines of farms. atleast this is abit more original than ur farm maps lolololol.

you seriously need to l2stfu deadbolt. My maps are original and selfmade. You dont talk about somebodies work like that.

copy pasting stuff is NOT original and you can see you fail at doing anything yourself since you told us you gave up on omaha beach.

This map is gonna be horrible for pathing and people will have no clue which walls are move blocking, which ones are shot blocking, etc. (in fact i dont think even you know it since you didnt respond at all on this message)

just say you took the stuff from vcoh maps at the begin of your topic. it is VERY EASY.

show some respect for the people who stand way above you - those who actually make maps.
« Last Edit: November 30, 2010, 02:58:23 pm by LeoPhone » Logged
deadbolt Offline
Probably Banned
EIR Veteran

« Reply #13 on: November 30, 2010, 04:07:30 pm »

yeah originality is a farm and town in the middle of it, wow good imagination, and the map played perfectly except for a wall near spawn which didnt block, which does now. whats to stop me from saying you didnt just copy and paste farms from angoville onto your maps? and i didnt warrant a response to your reply because it's retarded and i know about pathing issues and how to fix them, and work in progress is exactly that, a work in progress so i havent given up on omaha. splats make it easier to speed up the process of mapping, i like things done fast and effieciently. i could easily make a map from scratch that would wipe the floor with yours, unfortunatley however i do have a life and get limited time to go on the comp, unliek you who scouts other maps just to see if i copied it or stole it etc. l2getalife/gf/job etc naab.

/facepalmed.

LeoPhone Offline
Honoured Member

« Reply #14 on: November 30, 2010, 04:19:59 pm »

The fact is I didnt copy paste stuff but started from scratch.

The reason you didnt reply to that other post is because you have too much ego to realize some of those walls might not block shots. When someone posts a message like that you respond with a message like this:

"Thanks for the tip, I will look into it."

I know it is hard for you to have normal conversations. maybe copy pasting that line above will help when you dont know what to say.
Spartan_Marine88 Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #15 on: November 30, 2010, 04:23:58 pm »

The fact is I didnt copy paste stuff but started from scratch.

The reason you didnt reply to that other post is because you have too much ego to realize some of those walls might not block shots. When someone posts a message like that you respond with a message like this:

"Thanks for the tip, I will look into it."

I know it is hard for you to have normal conversations. maybe copy pasting that line above will help when you dont know what to say.

Yeah, but doesn't it bother you worked so hard to create another bland faceless map and he worked less hard to create something with an original feel that we all like?
deadbolt Offline
Probably Banned
EIR Veteran

« Reply #16 on: November 30, 2010, 04:28:16 pm »

lawl hes on the defence cos he copied and pasted the farms from road to carentan, not angoville, why u stealing unknowns mapz for? and for future reference i dont need you in my map discussion, you just de-rail my threads. face it, my map > urs, pwned.
LeoPhone Offline
Honoured Member

« Reply #17 on: November 30, 2010, 04:30:27 pm »

How can you say a map like salentein castle is faceless? It is based directly on a real location in holland.
Vieux port: Original map featuring big cheateux, city, airport, hangar, industrial area and canals.
the dike: realistic and kinda original look, a bit more basic layout after fags like you kept whining about my original maps. that is also the reason why bergen was made.

lawl hes on the defence cos he copied and pasted the farms from road to carentan, not angoville, why u stealing unknowns mapz for? and for future reference i dont need you in my map discussion, you just de-rail my threads. face it, my map > urs, pwned.
You dont fucking get it do you? RTC2 was a joke, The community spoke about it a long time before i started with it and everybody knew unkown was the original creator.
Killer344 Offline
The Inquisitor

« Reply #18 on: November 30, 2010, 04:33:05 pm »

Take your ego fights to PMs Leo, next time refrain from posting something like this:

If I get shot and it's a gay medic fixing me up, he's not gonna be fondling my balls while he does it. You can't patch a chest wound and suck a cock at the same time.
LeoPhone Offline
Honoured Member

« Reply #19 on: November 30, 2010, 04:36:13 pm »

Take your ego fights to PMs Leo, next time refrain from posting something like this:

No killer, If someone is showing work that isnt his own but is pretending it is people should be notified of this.

however, how deadbolt reacted is completely inappropriate. I hope the eir moderators will realize this too.
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

TinyPortal v1.0 beta 4 © Bloc