Account

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 13, 2024, 07:08:43 am

Login with username, password and session length

Resources

Recent posts

[March 08, 2024, 12:13:38 am]

[March 08, 2024, 12:12:54 am]

[March 08, 2024, 12:09:37 am]

[December 30, 2023, 08:00:58 pm]

[February 04, 2023, 11:46:41 am]

[December 25, 2022, 11:36:26 am]

[December 14, 2022, 12:10:06 am]

[September 22, 2022, 06:57:30 am]

[August 22, 2022, 05:10:35 pm]

[May 26, 2022, 10:13:22 am]
Pages: [1] 2   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Graphics whoring to da max!  (Read 7850 times)
nikomas Offline
Shameless Perv

« on: September 02, 2012, 01:04:35 pm »

Translates to, new metal gear game looks... just look...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G6O7-RuaC2s

Dem faces, dat beard... DAT BEARD!

"You can always count on Americans to do the right thing—after they've tried everything else."

Quote from: PonySlaystation
The officer is considerably better than a riflemen squad at carrying weapons. Officers have good accuracy so they will hit most targets.
Demon767 Offline
Warmap Betatester
EIR Veteran

« Reply #1 on: September 02, 2012, 03:40:41 pm »

jizz in my pants

Generalleutnant of The Reichs Wolves

Nevergetsputonlistguy767
Spartan_Marine88 Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #2 on: September 02, 2012, 06:52:23 pm »

and its going to be open world!

hideo you are a fucking genius (just cancel Revengance though please)

Yes that's me, the special snowflake.
Vermillion_Hawk Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #3 on: September 03, 2012, 09:43:06 pm »

Maybe this time we'll get more than 2 Acts of legitimate stealth action. And maybe the guards won't all be hired from a pool of people with ophthalmic astigmatism. I really dislike the obvious anachronisms they've been doing with this game and Peace Walker though. Hovering robots and holographic displays in the 70's? Yeah right.
« Last Edit: September 03, 2012, 09:51:22 pm by Vermillion_Hawk » Logged

What is a man? A miserable little pile of secrets.

- Andre Malraux

- Dracula
I2ay Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #4 on: September 03, 2012, 10:27:25 pm »

Do you even understand the words you type?

nikomas Offline
Shameless Perv

« Reply #5 on: September 03, 2012, 10:33:24 pm »

I'm starting to wonder, is there a "Make me sound smart" generator out there? You put words it it and it makes you sound "Smart"
Killer344 Offline
The Inquisitor

« Reply #6 on: September 03, 2012, 10:44:50 pm »

Not impressed.

If I get shot and it's a gay medic fixing me up, he's not gonna be fondling my balls while he does it. You can't patch a chest wound and suck a cock at the same time.
JustCarnage Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #7 on: September 04, 2012, 12:06:29 am »

I'm starting to wonder, is there a "Make me sound smart" generator out there? You put words it it and it makes you sound "Smart"
If by smart you mean inserts redundant adjectives to make you look like a pretentious fool, I wouldn't be surprised. All you'd really need would be a thesaurus that replaces words with longer/uncommon synonyms.

Overall, a meaningless video. Sure, the graphics are nice but I'd rather have some meaty gameplay than 13 minutes of graphic display coupled with small story tidbits (To be blunt, I hated character development in PW and couldn't give a damn about Paz or Chico. I hope they give you the option to put a bullet in each head). I like the look of the rain but I feel as if the textures for the ground and rocks are off. Some of the graphics seem a little too "clean," similar to FFXIII... *cringes*. Nonetheless, I am excited. It should be a good game so long as Kojima is in charge of directing/producing/everything else as he was in the previous numbered metal gear solids.
nikomas Offline
Shameless Perv

« Reply #8 on: September 04, 2012, 01:49:53 am »

Well the thing that impressed the most was the faces from what I saw... It's about the first time I've seen any face in a game look somewhat belivable, even in the better ones they normally look uncanny as fuck, or well, "Videogame face". Specifically talking bout the random mercs, they look, well "Plain/normal"... but in a good way.

Also, they're saying this will run on current gen consoles... bwahahaha, preeeeety sure neither the xbox or ps3 can do an open worldish game looking like that without some significant downscaling.
Sachaztan Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #9 on: September 04, 2012, 03:15:52 am »

Well the thing that impressed the most was the faces from what I saw... It's about the first time I've seen any face in a game look somewhat belivable, even in the better ones they normally look uncanny as fuck, or well, "Videogame face". Specifically talking bout the random mercs, they look, well "Plain/normal"... but in a good way.

Also, they're saying this will run on current gen consoles... bwahahaha, preeeeety sure neither the xbox or ps3 can do an open worldish game looking like that without some significant downscaling.

They will probably release a severely dumbed down version for current gen consoles.

Demon posession is real and it's not funny, it's the creepiest thing you will ever experience.

I would also like to add I watch fox news everyday all day and will continue to watch it while being proud of that fact. I'm sure you enjoy your communist news network just as much.
JustCarnage Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #10 on: September 04, 2012, 11:27:01 am »

If I recall correctly, Kojima did say that they were running it on a PC with a very similar loadout to the PS3. I think it is possible that they'll be able to put it on PS3 without downscaling. I don't own a PS3, but I've yet to see it capped in terms of graphics. However, if they put it on Xbox360, they will have to downscale for sure. On top of that, Kojima maxed out the blu-ray disc for MGS4. He was complaining that the disk was too small and had to cut content (I guess he felt like there wasn't much of a reason to add a second disc for a few GB). If they put it on 360 you'll probably get something like this: http://www.zyrix1st.net/Portals/0/MatBlog/mgs4xbox360oj1.png
PonySlaystation Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #11 on: September 04, 2012, 11:30:15 am »

It's just a cinematic.

Sharks are not monsters Henley, they are cute, cuddly and misunderstood. They love humans. sometimes they love TOO much. They love people so much that sometimes their kisses separate people into two flailing pieces which are consumed by other sharks in a frenzy of peace and joy.
nikomas Offline
Shameless Perv

« Reply #12 on: September 04, 2012, 11:31:37 am »

It's just a cinematic.
Did you even watch the whole thing? It's all in engine... Actually, did you play MGS4?
Vermillion_Hawk Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #13 on: September 04, 2012, 12:00:57 pm »

You know, I'd really someday like to understand the reasoning behind the average person's dislike of the use of such words. Is it anti-intellectualism, a sentiment that is sadly gaining much ground both on the internet and otherwise? Is it a secret self-hatred that one is not proficient enough in the Englsih language to use such words? I would like to know.
nikomas Offline
Shameless Perv

« Reply #14 on: September 04, 2012, 12:51:01 pm »

Is it a secret self-hatred that one is not proficient enough in the Englsih language to use such words? I would like to know.
So you made up a new lingo to? All bow to vermillion, lol
Sachaztan Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #15 on: September 04, 2012, 01:34:01 pm »

You know, I'd really someday like to understand the reasoning behind the average person's dislike of the use of such words. Is it anti-intellectualism, a sentiment that is sadly gaining much ground both on the internet and otherwise? Is it a secret self-hatred that one is not proficient enough in the Englsih language to use such words? I would like to know.

The predicament of your consuetude of Sesquipedalian Loquaciousness is that it is a predilection by the intelligentsia to engage in the manifestation of prolix exposition through a buzzword disposition form of communication notwithstanding the availability of more comprehensible, punctiliously applicable, diminutive alternatives.
Smokaz Offline
Honoured Member

« Reply #16 on: September 04, 2012, 01:39:45 pm »

An idiot can complicate any matter, while it can take a genius to in the same turn simplify it

You may quote me at your PHD discourse, vermin
« Last Edit: September 04, 2012, 01:42:33 pm by Smokaz » Logged

SlippedHerTheBigOne: big penis puma
SlippedHerTheBigOne: and i have no repairkits
SlippedHerTheBigOne: ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Vermillion_Hawk Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #17 on: September 04, 2012, 04:58:20 pm »

So you made up a new lingo to? All bow to vermillion, lol

Congratulations, you've managed to spot a typo as a result of my inexperience with my laptop's keyboard. A victory for you, one which must be treasured considering your many evident failings, moral and otherwise.

The predicament of your consuetude of Sesquipedalian Loquaciousness is that it is a predilection by the intelligentsia to engage in the manifestation of prolix exposition through a buzzword disposition form of communication notwithstanding the availability of more comprehensible, punctiliously applicable, diminutive alternatives.

You managed to bastardize half of a TVTropes article into a semi-coherent sentence, good work. Gold star for you.

An idiot can complicate any matter, while it can take a genius to in the same turn simplify it

You may quote me at your PHD discourse, vermin

Why should I be expected to simplify anything for those who do not afford the same courtesy?
Killer344 Offline
The Inquisitor

« Reply #18 on: September 04, 2012, 05:07:06 pm »

lol
DarkSoldierX Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #19 on: September 04, 2012, 05:09:06 pm »

Cool graphics, something I really dont give a damn about.

Dont get me wrong I liked the gameplay of MGS4 but good graphics are a very temporary happiness for me in comparison to gameplay, which tends to keep me entertained 5x longer.

Oh and personally I think for what graphics are worth, its the style of graphics rather than the quality that makes it have a longer lasting impression. If you know what I mean.

two words
atgs and fireflies
Looks who's butthurt
*waiting* 4 DarkSoldierNoobiX pops up to prove how much shit the T17 is penetrating KTs back and Jagd front and how much better the ac/puma is penetrating m10 rear  Cool Cool Cool
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

TinyPortal v1.0 beta 4 © Bloc