Account

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 14, 2024, 06:59:45 am

Login with username, password and session length

Resources

Recent posts

[March 08, 2024, 12:13:38 am]

[March 08, 2024, 12:12:54 am]

[March 08, 2024, 12:09:37 am]

[December 30, 2023, 08:00:58 pm]

[February 04, 2023, 11:46:41 am]

[December 25, 2022, 11:36:26 am]

[December 14, 2022, 12:10:06 am]

[September 22, 2022, 06:57:30 am]

[August 22, 2022, 05:10:35 pm]

[May 26, 2022, 10:13:22 am]
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: How2Play Armor?  (Read 8882 times)
SpaceHamster Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #20 on: November 26, 2011, 05:26:41 pm »

So if there sno definite answer, does the urban survival kit benefit the calliope more or the pershing more?

and is allied war machine mandatory? It seems having an extra repair kit makes all the difference.

The warmap is like Dukenukem Forever.

No one thinks it will ever be released, then several years after everyone has given up the little hope they have it gets released from out of nowhere. And then it turns out it sucks.
Smokaz Offline
Honoured Member

« Reply #21 on: November 26, 2011, 05:27:23 pm »

I would stay away from the pershing in the beginning, its not easy to play with.

SlippedHerTheBigOne: big penis puma
SlippedHerTheBigOne: and i have no repairkits
SlippedHerTheBigOne: ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
hans Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #22 on: November 26, 2011, 05:30:51 pm »

I would stay away from the pershing in the beginning, its not easy to play with.

yea hes right, pershing means spending lots of recources in a unit that can be taken out very fast with the wrong using , needs lot of microskill to do a good job with it

Also, bad analogy ground, My vegetables never pissed on my ego when I decided they defeated me and gave up on dessert.
EliteGren Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #23 on: November 26, 2011, 05:32:39 pm »

So if there sno definite answer, does the urban survival kit benefit the calliope more or the pershing more?

and is allied war machine mandatory? It seems having an extra repair kit makes all the difference.

Obviously it benefits the pershing more since it's a high HP unit. Greetings from math! But the calli gains the main gun so both units are great with it. And AWM is pretty much a must have, yeah.

i prefer to no u
Don't knock it til uve tried it bitchface, this isn't anything like salads version. Besides u said a semois conversion would never work, now look that's the most played map, ohgodwhy.jpg r u map lead
Hicks58 Offline
Development

« Reply #24 on: November 26, 2011, 05:37:10 pm »

It would depend entirely on how you want your Pershing to be used.

If you want it to be better at what it already does, go USK. The recieved damage from that and the recieved damage from vet 1 (Which isn't hard to get if you have your head screwed on) makes for about 27% less incoming damage. Add on you can use HE rounds which make a mess of support weapons and your Pershing will do quite well. Using this T4, you should use your Pershing like you use a Sherman. Pick apart infantry, and engage armour only when you know that enemy AT support is minimal or distracted.

I feel the Calli gets more benefit from USK because it gets it's main gun back, which is invaluable. It allows you to turn the Calli into a 'Combat Calli' which can help you keep enemy infantry well in check - used in the right hands. Over confidence or sloppy play leads to a very fast death for your Calli though.

HVAP makes the Pershing excel at hunting down Tigers and Panthers, and improves it's ability to deal damage to standard armour. You will not bounce anything shy of the Panther or Tiger, meaning you can effectively hunt down StuG's and Hetzers mercilessly.

Keep away from Marders and Paks regardless of your T4, as well as that keep a respectable distance from Shrecks. If your using USK, don't waste your time trying to HE round normal infantry, just let them have it with the standard rounds and close to medium range. Pershing long range accuracy is pretty pathetic (About 52%-58% chance to hit at long range... Forgot the exact number but it hovers there)

A key note: The Pershing pathing can be a total bitch. The thing is bigger than it looks, and it'll happily get stuck on small objects. Assume that you need 1.5 times the actual tank size to fit through a gap or you could find yourself turning on the spot at the worst moment...

Oh, and AWM is not neccessary, but it can provide huge benefits to competent Pershing users - If you aren't too great you'll be putting 110 munitions down the drain (That's how much the second repair costs)

I'll cover Mobile Warfare and the T3 combo for mobile combat repairs if nobody else does (Or does so with huge gaps lol).

/endrant.

I mean I know Obama was the first one in EiR to get a card. and tbfh the Race card is pretty OP. but Romney has the K.K.K., those guys seem to camo anywhere. So OP units from both sides.
At the end of the day, however, stormtroopers finally got the anal invasion with a cactus they have richly deserved for years.
RikiRude Offline
Donator

« Reply #25 on: November 26, 2011, 05:37:14 pm »

absolutely. same with blitz or royal engs. It's so powerful you're a fool to not take it and take full advantage of it. I don't know anyone who plays those doctrines and doesnt, and if they do im curious as to how it works out for them.

another sage piece of advice, don't get white phos rounds, they are terrible, it's a shitty air strike off map. also calling it in the T3 advantage is shit as well.

USK for calli, but mobile warfare is good because you end up with a 10 pop calli. top T4 does nothing for calli.

personally i wouldnt take the pershing for bottom T4, its way more useful to have multiple shermans/m10s/m18s/crocs since they are only 8 pop.also crazy openin.

Quote from: Killer344
Killer344: "Repent: sory no joke i just had savage diorea"
... or a fat ass cock sucking churchill being stupid
Hicks58 Offline
Development

« Reply #26 on: November 26, 2011, 05:44:56 pm »

Quick expansion note of AWM...

I've used, and not used AWM for a while. Lately I haven't bothered with it, on any TD, it's not worth it. The tank is much more likely to have been destroyed than use both of its repairs. I often consider it a small miracle if every one of my TD's gets to use it's one repair, nevermind a second one.

The Pershing though... The benefits are huge. But it's a bit risky. If shit happens and you lose that Pershing before it's second repair, you've lost 110 munitions. 110 munitions which could have been in MG's, mortars, a BAR, few grenades, etc.

At the moment, I'm not running it. It's saving me 220 munitions which means those second repairs alone are more or less giving me 3 more BARs.

The best way to find out how effective things are though are to try them for yourself... You may come to love double repairs, or find it a waste of munitions, depending on your competency with Pershings.

I'd say they are pretty damned essential for Calli's though - Particularly with the main gun and it'll be seeing active combat. You'll be playing very conservative with it anyhow so unless somebody deliberately sets out to vet hunt you, you'll usually get both repairs off.
TheVolskinator Offline
Administrator / Lead Developer

« Reply #27 on: December 05, 2011, 11:33:08 am »

In my experience, the Pershing is more trouble then its worth. Being an infantry (both unit and company) player since staying CoH, armor isnt my schtick. I'm very much against setting high amounts of resources into single units or into a small number of units (600+ MU pairs of dual shreck storms, for instance).
    The Pershing really does seem like an oversized Sherman that has the balls to try and attack Panthers/Tigers. A correctly microed Panther should beat a Pershing, every time. Veteran Tankhunters Panthers with APCR ammunition will really put their cannons down your throat; even HEAT ammo Panthers can be a bitch.
    The Sherman is more nimble, cheaper, and losing one doesnt screw you over. The sherman is also useful to cock-block charging units such as flammens, etc. The M8 is also a favorite of mine; as an infantry player the utilities of fast, hard-hitting units like ACs and TDs is invaluable--and also a reason that on my axis acounts, Id rather take Panthers then P4s. The extra speed and range is well worth it it.
    The Pershing, however, comes up short in both speed and range. It can zip around pretty quickly, relatively speaking for a heavy tank, but its no greased lightning. Because its so vastly outranged by Axis AT (not to mention the sheer amount of AT most axis companies carry, regardless of metagame), its my strong oppinion that the Pershing is only viable against unprepared opponents.
    The Calliope is the best artillery unit in the game, and USK makes it especially potent. Any Armor player with callies has my thanks and gratitude, as they really are an idea support peice vs Axis doomforts. The fact that its mobile arty is also great, so its not quite a damage soak, but the main gun means it can defend itself.

IMHO, the Callie > Pershing most of the time, on sheer utility.

Quote from: tank130
I want to ensure we have a 100% decision on the process before we do the wipe.
If not, then I wipe, then someone gets something they shouldn't, then it gets abused, then the shit hits the fan and then I ban shab.

Getting EiR:R Released on Steam

Forum Rules & Guidelines
BigDick
« Reply #28 on: December 05, 2011, 11:38:46 am »

A correctly microed Panther should beat a Pershing, every time.

how?

and other than the panther the pershing fullfills an AI and AT role when being on the field
it just doesnt paying off that much to attack tanks >medium main battle tanks
Masacree Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #29 on: December 05, 2011, 12:06:22 pm »

how?

and other than the panther the pershing fullfills an AI and AT role when being on the field
it just doesnt paying off that much to attack tanks >medium main battle tanks

Panther outranges.

But, I mean, no one has perfect micro.

I like how this forum in turn brings out the worst in anyone
To err is human, to eirr is retard
BigDick
« Reply #30 on: December 05, 2011, 12:12:10 pm »

and both have usually 35 sight

so now people will start adding random units and situations  Roll Eyes Roll Eyes Roll Eyes
Poppi Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #31 on: December 05, 2011, 12:14:04 pm »

to me the armor is the most (by far) well made US doc. All the T4s offer something completely different. Though middle T3 is lacking it can be a bitch if you want USK and go straight to the middle path. Better of going spending you points elsewhere and redo the company once you got the level and PP to USK. Maybe dual top/bottom t3?

But i love the USK. Callis can be killing while waiting for arty. And pershings can switch between HE and regular rounds so it makes it a tank from hell. I think i learned to play the pershing better thanks to the HE rounds. Im less aggressive chasing after tanks.

I have no problem using a pershing and calli in my company at the same time. I just run ATGs then.

HVAP wasnt giving me the results i wanted. And i never tried the bottom T4. Sounds like a awesome boost in speed though.

Im not a fan of shermans. Guess i got ambushed by too many stormies for me to use it properly. 76mm upgrade drastically brings down the splash and 75mm just sucks against anything but inf. was hoping 75mm would get HVAP ability but it did not. I dont see too many epic shermans in game or in replays, despite popularity. They are pricey and maybe they will knock out 10 inf, 1 LV, 1 tank before getting blown up and not making a retreat in style
« Last Edit: December 05, 2011, 05:13:17 pm by Poppi » Logged
TheVolskinator Offline
Administrator / Lead Developer

« Reply #32 on: December 06, 2011, 09:39:02 pm »

Im not a fan of shermans. Guess i got ambushed by too many stormies for me to use it properly. 76mm upgrade drastically brings down the splash and 75mm just sucks against anything but inf. was hoping 75mm would get HVAP ability but it did not. I dont see too many epic shermans in game or in replays, despite popularity. They are pricey and maybe they will knock out 10 inf, 1 LV, 1 tank before getting blown up and not making a retreat in style

Axis has hardcounters to the sherman in any meta. Ergo, it sucks in any (every) meta.
Smokaz Offline
Honoured Member

« Reply #33 on: December 06, 2011, 09:42:15 pm »

Shermans are god awful right now and should receive some baller buffs
Poppi Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #34 on: December 06, 2011, 09:53:25 pm »

Shermans are god awful right now and should receive some baller buffs

what are you proposing?

Smokaz Offline
Honoured Member

« Reply #35 on: December 06, 2011, 10:24:51 pm »

Perfect accuracy on the move would be a good start
Mysthalin Offline
Tired King of Stats

« Reply #36 on: December 07, 2011, 05:43:45 am »

Poppi - 10 inf, 1 LV, 1 Tank kill easily recoups the Sherman's cost, which is really not all that massive.

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

TinyPortal v1.0 beta 4 © Bloc