Account

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 30, 2024, 05:24:39 am

Login with username, password and session length

Resources

Recent posts

[May 28, 2024, 01:28:23 pm]

[March 08, 2024, 12:13:38 am]

[March 08, 2024, 12:12:54 am]

[December 30, 2023, 08:00:58 pm]

[February 04, 2023, 11:46:41 am]

[December 25, 2022, 11:36:26 am]

[December 14, 2022, 12:10:06 am]

[September 22, 2022, 06:57:30 am]

[August 22, 2022, 05:10:35 pm]

[May 26, 2022, 10:13:22 am]
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 5   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: 007 Availability - Tweak #1  (Read 23609 times)
EIRRMod Offline
Administrator / Lead Developer

« on: August 24, 2009, 08:57:56 am »

PE Pool changes:
Luftwaffe/Scorched Earth/Tank Destroyers

Light Vehicles: 14/12/14 (From 14 /12 /10)
Armour: 16/16/20 (From 12 /12 /20)
Support: 12/14/10 (From 16 /18 /14)

Value changes:
Assault Grenadiers: 2 (From 3)
Tommies/Canadian Inf: 2 (From 1)
FJ: 3 (From 4)
FJ Tankbusters: 4 (From 3)
Sniper: 5 (From 4)
« Last Edit: August 24, 2009, 11:27:45 am by Unkn0wn » Logged

Quote from: brn4meplz
Shit I'm pretty sure you could offer the guy a cup of coffee and he'd try to kill you with the mug if you forgot sugar.
Quote from: tank130
That's like offering Beer to fuck the fat chick. It will work for a while, but it's not gonna last. Not only that, but there is zero motivation for the Fat chick to loose weight.
Quote from: tank130
Why don't you collect up your love beads and potpourri and find something constructive to do.
LuAn Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #1 on: August 24, 2009, 09:21:05 am »

you are teh Best!

aka UckY  Wink
DisposableHero Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #2 on: August 24, 2009, 10:03:49 am »

Ugh. So now not only are Leiutenants and Captains Pop Value 3 for infantry, but Tommy sections are now 2 (in addition to Commando being 4 and Piat Commando 3).

So my Commando company with 7 Tommy Sections, 2 Commandos, 2 PIAT Commandos, 3 Lieutenants and a Captain is now at -13 infantry? Also Tommy Rection Sections are still 1.

Could we please lower Lieutenants to Pop 2 and move either them and/or Captains to Support?

Was any Brit vehicles changed too? I'm now at -4 compared to 0 yesterday.

DisposableHero Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #3 on: August 24, 2009, 10:04:59 am »

*I meant Brit armour, not vehicles.
Ununoctium Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #4 on: August 24, 2009, 10:06:25 am »

I do thing that LT and captain should be support.
Captain for sure.

Quote from: shockcoil
Quote from: CrazyWR
My tigers get penetrated by everything.  Its really really frustrating.
Your tiger is a whore
DisposableHero Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #5 on: August 24, 2009, 10:28:10 am »

Also, why are everyone else's basic infantry pool still value 1 (riflemen, volksgrenadiers, and panzer grenadiers)? Tommy's are already more expensive in comparison. Are you saying that Recon sections should be fulfilling this basic infantry role in CW armies (with the associated MU cost)?
EliteGren Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #6 on: August 24, 2009, 10:40:40 am »

Grenadiers are 2.

i prefer to no u
Don't knock it til uve tried it bitchface, this isn't anything like salads version. Besides u said a semois conversion would never work, now look that's the most played map, ohgodwhy.jpg r u map lead
EliteGren Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #7 on: August 24, 2009, 10:54:42 am »

Nevermind, thought he meant grenadiers not panzergrenadiers. Tongue
Unkn0wn Offline
No longer retired

« Reply #8 on: August 24, 2009, 11:30:59 am »

Grenadiers (at a value of 2) can be used as basic main line infantry just as well.
Captain and LT might need to come down to 2 though, we'll see.

CrazyWR Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #9 on: August 24, 2009, 01:07:31 pm »

Whats the reasoning for lowering support totals across the board for PE? 

1. New tactics? it's like JAWS, first one in the water dies

RCA-land where shells fall like raindrops and the Captain is an invincible god
LuAn Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #10 on: August 24, 2009, 01:46:46 pm »

Less 50mm?
Malevolence Offline
Donator

« Reply #11 on: August 24, 2009, 02:35:03 pm »

Ugh. So now not only are Leiutenants and Captains Pop Value 3 for infantry, but Tommy sections are now 2 (in addition to Commando being 4 and Piat Commando 3).

So my Commando company with 7 Tommy Sections, 2 Commandos, 2 PIAT Commandos, 3 Lieutenants and a Captain is now at -13 infantry? Also Tommy Rection Sections are still 1.

Could we please lower Lieutenants to Pop 2 and move either them and/or Captains to Support?

Was any Brit vehicles changed too? I'm now at -4 compared to 0 yesterday.

I agree that with the lack of stacking lieutenants should be 2 supply, however captains might still need to remain 3 supply to prevent FOO captain spam (which, while mitigated, is still possible).

Akranadas' Greatest Hits, Volume 1:

Quote from: Akranadas
Vet has nothing to do with unit preformance.

Quote from: Akranadas
We are serious about enforcing this, and I am sure you all want to be able to have your balance thought considered by the development team with some biased, sensationalist coming into your thread and ruining it.
HansVonLuk Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #12 on: August 24, 2009, 03:03:07 pm »

Whats up with this replay?  Check it out, lolz.

http://www.filefront.com/14382333/Officerspam.zip
Ununoctium Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #13 on: August 24, 2009, 04:18:36 pm »

arrg at terror officer.
he should be subtracted from inf not support.
as for lt and captian they should be support.
Smokaz Offline
Honoured Member

« Reply #14 on: August 24, 2009, 05:36:37 pm »

Tales from the EIRR Launcher crypt

Played two games with 24 stormtrooper company, didn't like it. (Paid around 10 pps for it, no other infantry using the pps and a reserve.)

Equipped around 16 of them with double (t1) bundle nades which failed horribly.

The bundle nade animation seems to take forever, sometimes it would deal no damage at all to units inside buildings, having thrown around 50 of them the last two games and watching allied squads closely the individual soldier seemed to space out very good avoiding tight. The big minimum range also screwed up things in quite a few engagements.

Tried again, this time with a single mp44 upgrade on one of two stormtrooper in each assault callin, did better but I was coughing out insane munitions. Stormtrooper shreks were pretty inept at dealing with staghounds and t17s raping anti-infantry infantry. Paks were too slow.

I didnt worry about snipers though which got easily raped by the sheer amount of sneaky storms I had.

I WANT 2 SPAM BUT IT JUST FAILS!!

SlippedHerTheBigOne: big penis puma
SlippedHerTheBigOne: and i have no repairkits
SlippedHerTheBigOne: ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Unkn0wn Offline
No longer retired

« Reply #15 on: August 24, 2009, 06:01:21 pm »

PE simply do not have the same amount of useful units in 'support' as the other factions.
The points are better off in the armour category as PE generally draw more vehicles from that pool than other factions.

arrg at terror officer.
he should be subtracted from inf not support.
He does get subtracted from inf...
CrazyWR Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #16 on: August 24, 2009, 06:29:44 pm »

interesting.  The only unit I plan on using from armor would be a panther or a jagd.  From support the choices are far more numerous/useful IMO.
Warlight Offline
Donator

« Reply #17 on: August 24, 2009, 07:10:24 pm »

PE simply do not have the same amount of useful units in 'support' as the other factions.
The points are better off in the armour category as PE generally draw more vehicles from that pool than other factions.

I beg to differ, if anyhing they have fewer units in armour that work out to be usefull.

They almost suffer from the allied problem of company building.

50mm are usefull but are support, Morters are usefull but are support, Munitions half tracks are usefull, but from support.

In terms of armour.  Marders are allrigh, And panthers are ok.  The only other thing that uses armour is the IST, and most people don't use those.

Maybe I need to spam more Marders, but quite frankly they'd just make a bigger target for Light armour spam or airbourne. 

I think I need ot not play this mod for a while, I'm becoming to disgruntled.
Tymathee Offline
Donator

« Reply #18 on: August 24, 2009, 07:25:36 pm »

as a PE player, i think the problem with people and ist's are they are so used to tanks being able to handle other tanks. IST's are generally faster than most tanks, can take a good beating, and absolutely rape infantry. They are also freakin awesome at taking out support units, anything in a building (which they 90% of the time wll take out at least 1 unit) and have been known to rape a good blob with adequate support. They also really do well vs anything that isn't a tank and can do good damage vs m18's and m10's if you rear armor them.

I for one dont use many panthers, at least until i get more fuel. I play as SE and am happy to see i'll get more support cuz i use a lot of the pe's support units. Now i dont have to worry about going over my pool Cheesy

"I want proof!"
"I have proof!"
"Whatever, I'm still right"

Dafuq man, don't ask for proof if you'll refuse it if it's not in your favor, logic fallacy for the bloody win.
Smokaz Offline
Honoured Member

« Reply #19 on: August 24, 2009, 07:31:10 pm »

I think I need to not play this mod for a while, I'm becoming to disgruntled.

Took another loss to light vehicle/tank destroyer spam backed by 57mms, feeling the same way. Had 4 light vehicle kills and 4 tank kills on my panther, still wasnt enough to help my 2nd panther get ahead enough for it to not be killed by t17s and m18s attacking me. They sure have succeeded in making the armor spam of the allies realistic, but the cost to my enjoyment of the mod has been great.

Right now the light vehicle armor spam is really annoying to fight as wehr as all your AT is so pricey and vulnerable to light vehicles, while your heavy armor can't really fight m18s and m10s cost-effectively especially if they have stuff like AP rounds or flank speed.

Sure I can gear my company towards defeating all this kind of crap, but I dont see allies completely rewiring all their AI and AT options because of specific allied doctrines or builds. If Im gonna defeat this combination without outplaying my opponent badly, I need to field a unneccessary amount of AT as wehr.
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 5   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

TinyPortal v1.0 beta 4 © Bloc