Account

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 08, 2024, 10:37:54 am

Login with username, password and session length

Resources

Recent posts

[Today at 08:25:25 am]

[May 03, 2024, 11:54:46 pm]

[April 21, 2024, 12:02:54 pm]

[April 06, 2024, 02:26:25 am]

[March 08, 2024, 12:13:38 am]

[March 08, 2024, 12:13:13 am]

[March 08, 2024, 12:12:54 am]

[December 30, 2023, 08:00:58 pm]

[February 04, 2023, 11:46:41 am]

[December 25, 2022, 11:36:26 am]
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: EIRR Secrets Revealed - 7: Veterancy and Reporting battles!  (Read 25889 times)
o4b1 Offline
EIR Regular

« Reply #60 on: February 05, 2009, 05:29:25 pm »

We can easily tell people from the same IP, sub-section unless multiple people are playing from the same city with dynamic IPs, then it becomes more difficult.  And you can't alter the battle report to change your IP address... It comes from the game, and we don't look inside the battle report to find your IP-address, the server resolves it.

There are ways around every protection, but players will know your voice if you talk on vent, and the launcher can detect things like your login name to windows, your local IP address, your proxy configuration in your browser etc... 

What will you do about multiple people on the same connection? The 3 of us here from UW LaCrosse will register as one IP address.
fldash Offline
Founder

« Reply #61 on: February 05, 2009, 05:30:31 pm »

We can easily tell people from the same IP, sub-section unless multiple people are playing from the same city with dynamic IPs, then it becomes more difficult.  And you can't alter the battle report to change your IP address... It comes from the game, and we don't look inside the battle report to find your IP-address, the server resolves it.

There are ways around every protection, but players will know your voice if you talk on vent, and the launcher can detect things like your login name to windows, your local IP address, your proxy configuration in your browser etc... 

What will you do about multiple people on the same connection? The 3 of us here from UW LaCrosse will register as one IP address.

I just checked.  You guys don't all register from the same IP address.  But we'll do our best to isolate issues like this.
Malevolence Offline
Donator

« Reply #62 on: February 05, 2009, 05:41:29 pm »

I'd like to know, even though this isn't exactly related 100%, what our player ranking is based on to determine if a match is fair for the PP debuff effects, newb advantages, et c.?

Is it our account's rank? Or some special EIR:R rank? Because if it's account rank I feel that it'll just be exploited by people who smurf new account names to unrank themselves? Even if it always counts the original account's rank, they can still keep it from going up when they win by playing on another name...

Akranadas' Greatest Hits, Volume 1:

Quote from: Akranadas
Vet has nothing to do with unit preformance.

Quote from: Akranadas
We are serious about enforcing this, and I am sure you all want to be able to have your balance thought considered by the development team with some biased, sensationalist coming into your thread and ruining it.
fldash Offline
Founder

« Reply #63 on: February 05, 2009, 05:47:34 pm »

We won't expose the details of how the system works, there's no need to do so.  Furthermore, it's still under development.  It will have NOTHING to do with Relic Online rank. 

Schultz, I apologize for being an asshole.  I have no problem with most theory crafting, it's just the type that certain community members seem to spew... the 'oh my god, the sky is falling, you guys are stupid, this system will never work' type that pisses me off and has absolutely no place on the forums.  Either be constructive or shutup... or I'll shut you up... Capiche?
Tymathee Offline
Donator

« Reply #64 on: February 05, 2009, 05:51:16 pm »

Ooh...the man hath spoken

"I want proof!"
"I have proof!"
"Whatever, I'm still right"

Dafuq man, don't ask for proof if you'll refuse it if it's not in your favor, logic fallacy for the bloody win.
EIRRMod Offline
Administrator / Lead Developer

« Reply #65 on: February 05, 2009, 05:55:36 pm »

Ok, to clear something up Baine.

Ehm, what about units that gain vet in the battle?
If you start with a Vet 1, nearly Vet 2 sniper, and you kill alot with him and in EiR he would have gained Vet 2 in the middle of the battle, would he gain it in EiRR aswell?
Or will it stay at Vet 1 until the end of the battle and then you can upgrade it to Vet 2? (losing the gained exp it would have gotten at Vet 2)

The sniper will never get vet 2 in battle.  It will remain at vet 1.  Until after the game, and you purchase his training.

Quote from: brn4meplz
Shit I'm pretty sure you could offer the guy a cup of coffee and he'd try to kill you with the mug if you forgot sugar.
Quote from: tank130
That's like offering Beer to fuck the fat chick. It will work for a while, but it's not gonna last. Not only that, but there is zero motivation for the Fat chick to loose weight.
Quote from: tank130
Why don't you collect up your love beads and potpourri and find something constructive to do.
EIRRMod Offline

« Reply #66 on: February 05, 2009, 05:58:13 pm »

AMPM, heres a reply just for you Wink

Welcome to a wide new world of griefing. This is what happens as units get more valuable, people stop playing a game for the fun of it, and they play to win no matter what. Winning = more PP gain since you get the same win or lose, you need to cause PP loss.

You, believe it or not, are correct.  This *would* happen, if there was no reason to risk anything on the win / loss outcome of a battle.

However, you are currently only looking at one compartment of what EIR:R will become.  When battle wins / losses actually start to MATTER, thats when you will risk that Tiger Vet 2 to win.

I wont say any more on the subject, but know this:  Winning and Losing certain games, will have larger impacts than just gaining PP per game.
Skaevola Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #67 on: February 05, 2009, 07:29:04 pm »

Seems like this change will only increase the power difference between vet players and noobs. Vets will have more than enough pps to blow on vetted units, while noobs will struggle either without doctrine abilities or vet.
Spitfire92 Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #68 on: February 05, 2009, 07:39:27 pm »

I thought u guys were sticking to Relic's statistics...regarding veterancy. LIES.

*and IMHO I'm fine with the current RB's and DP's system.

I honostly dont like the vet thing. My bike got vet cuz he scouted, which is what he's supposed to do, and stayed alive. My pios got vet cuz they repaired and stayed alive. The whole "no-instant veterancy on the field thing is ok, because most of the time my units get vetted after the battle and in the war-control-panel. But the "purchasing" of vet...seems a bit too vague. I know the Wehr does it in VCoh, but the American way is so much more rewarding. Now, theoretically, when you have to invest in units that have vet, it seems like the players will be more inclined not to use them for fear of losses. If the argument is "Well then only buy vet for certain units like tigers or howitzers, and put the rest in resources or w/e"...that doesnt really help. Once you get your t4 and your RB's are all set up, I look forward to veterancy for my units!

We need more info.
Tymathee Offline
Donator

« Reply #69 on: February 05, 2009, 07:46:14 pm »

i agree with the pios and scouting units. If there's no auto vet just for staying alive, then you need a way for them to gain vet thats unique from other units or else they'll never gain any vet.
Spitfire92 Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #70 on: February 05, 2009, 07:52:06 pm »

Dunno why it wont let me edit my posts...

Read up on PP's. I actually dont mind the idea. I dont know why ppl suicide tigers, I want mine at vet3. But, if you have to pay for vet 2 - 3, I'm inclined to get vet1 and just suicide it for some territory. It's, (assuming the Veterancy is somewhat pricey), pointless to keep preserving a vet1 unit if I cant expand it's veterancy through more tactical usage. Think of it.

Player A has had his Vet 1 tiger forever. He figures the cost of vetting it is too risky. What if a player makes companies devoted to vet griefing? Or if the tiger is just overrun- cuz he had to let his dog out? So, Player A decides to put the PP's in doctrine/resource bonuses. Player A Figures he can just suicide his Tiger because he'll just get a Vet 1 tiger sooner or later.
Spitfire92 Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #71 on: February 05, 2009, 07:53:44 pm »

Damnit, just thought of a new thing. Where's the edit feature?

The PP's either, in theory, buy new units, or increase the abilities of existing.

SOMEONE EMPHASIZE THIS.
EIRRMod Offline

« Reply #72 on: February 05, 2009, 08:17:27 pm »

I thought u guys were sticking to Relic's statistics...regarding veterancy. LIES.

*and IMHO I'm fine with the current RB's and DP's system.

I honostly dont like the vet thing. My bike got vet cuz he scouted, which is what he's supposed to do, and stayed alive. My pios got vet cuz they repaired and stayed alive. The whole "no-instant veterancy on the field thing is ok, because most of the time my units get vetted after the battle and in the war-control-panel. But the "purchasing" of vet...seems a bit too vague. I know the Wehr does it in VCoh, but the American way is so much more rewarding. Now, theoretically, when you have to invest in units that have vet, it seems like the players will be more inclined not to use them for fear of losses. If the argument is "Well then only buy vet for certain units like tigers or howitzers, and put the rest in resources or w/e"...that doesnt really help. Once you get your t4 and your RB's are all set up, I look forward to veterancy for my units!

We need more info.

You have more info.  Read the thread.

You do however have a point about pio's and bikes.  We may implement a 'participation xp' for non-combat units.  Good thinking ;p
UnderHeavyFire2 Offline
EIR Regular

« Reply #73 on: February 05, 2009, 09:01:22 pm »

You do however have a point about pio's and bikes.  We may implement a 'participation xp' for non-combat units.  Good thinking ;p

I'd rather leave it as it.  Engineers/Pioneers should get XP from combat, and kills from mines / demolitions and other upgrades they get.  They should not get XP for non-participation, otherwise you'll see people bring in mass engineers at the beginning, setting up mines / buildings etc and then retreating.

Skaevola Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #74 on: February 05, 2009, 09:08:33 pm »

I'd rather leave it as it.  Engineers/Pioneers should get XP from combat, and kills from mines / demolitions and other upgrades they get.  They should not get XP for non-participation, otherwise you'll see people bring in mass engineers at the beginning, setting up mines / buildings etc and then retreating.

Because vetted engineers are so useful/fearsome?
Tymathee Offline
Donator

« Reply #75 on: February 05, 2009, 09:37:16 pm »

Yes they are, especially vet 2 engies with better accuracy. I had one fend off some un upgraded storm troopers with a lil help from an  hmg. killed two of them and forced 'em off field. give 'em flamers and they're awesome, then vet 3 more damage and they rape infantry.

but um, maybe with engies, can u make it so they gain vet from mine kills and from repairing? maybe repairs is too much cuz then you'd have people just creating stuff to gain vet (repairs = building i think) and at the same time you'd maybe have people wanting to keep engies on the field more to repair tanks and stuff...hmm.
Skaevola Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #76 on: February 05, 2009, 09:50:19 pm »

Yes they are, especially vet 2 engies with better accuracy. I had one fend off some un upgraded storm troopers with a lil help from an  hmg. killed two of them and forced 'em off field. give 'em flamers and they're awesome, then vet 3 more damage and they rape infantry.

but um, maybe with engies, can u make it so they gain vet from mine kills and from repairing? maybe repairs is too much cuz then you'd have people just creating stuff to gain vet (repairs = building i think) and at the same time you'd maybe have people wanting to keep engies on the field more to repair tanks and stuff...hmm.

I'm pretty sure it was mostly the hmg. You do know that engies get suppresed if a volks squad all fires at the same time while the engi squad is in negative cover?
That's how weak their suppresion resistence is.
Tymathee Offline
Donator

« Reply #77 on: February 05, 2009, 10:34:16 pm »

Im sure it was mostly the hmg also but they get a .75  supp resistance at vet 2, so they didnt get suppressed when they got fired on. IF you have enough engineers, even vanilla, no vet, you can kill lol. Ive had 3 engie squads take out a voks/gren squad of course no weapon...but they tried to bully them and i just rushed 'em and got 'em up close.
EIRRMod Offline

« Reply #78 on: February 06, 2009, 01:16:49 am »

It would definately need to be implemented for some of the units *without* a weapon.  Like the Ketten for example.
Tymathee Offline
Donator

« Reply #79 on: February 06, 2009, 01:24:11 am »

Yeah, the poor ketten, no weapon, no  way to get vet.

maybe give scout units shared vet? most scout units are well, scouts, and if you use it as a scout, more than likely there will be a unit near by that is using its scouting ability but no wait....cuz i can see prob with that line of thinking, never mind.

well, i dunno. i trust you guys will figure something out. Cheesy
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

TinyPortal v1.0 beta 4 © Bloc