Account

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 07, 2024, 11:55:08 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Resources

Recent posts

[May 03, 2024, 11:54:46 pm]

[April 22, 2024, 03:40:53 am]

[April 21, 2024, 12:02:54 pm]

[April 06, 2024, 02:26:25 am]

[March 08, 2024, 12:13:38 am]

[March 08, 2024, 12:13:13 am]

[March 08, 2024, 12:12:54 am]

[December 30, 2023, 08:00:58 pm]

[February 04, 2023, 11:46:41 am]

[December 25, 2022, 11:36:26 am]
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: EIRR Secrets Revealed - 7: Veterancy and Reporting battles!  (Read 25878 times)
Unkn0wn Offline
No longer retired

« Reply #80 on: February 06, 2009, 06:32:01 am »

Just keep it alive Tongue.
Killer344 Offline
The Inquisitor

« Reply #81 on: February 06, 2009, 06:33:28 am »

just saying, I´ll be happy for the people who doesn´t want to use their vetted units for the fear to loose them, it will get even more easier to win yay....

You do however have a point about pio's and bikes.  We may implement a 'participation xp' for non-combat units.  Good thinking ;p

lol, he was the third person to point that out and he got the credit for it :p.

If I get shot and it's a gay medic fixing me up, he's not gonna be fondling my balls while he does it. You can't patch a chest wound and suck a cock at the same time.
DuckOfDoom Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #82 on: February 07, 2009, 07:17:05 am »

Veterancy - This is a brilliant idea. This will help to even the difference somewhat but I think tying a manpower and munition cost to them will help to limit it even more. As it is, a single raid assault vet 3 AB squad will wipe out quite a few squads in its initial run.

Incremental Reporting - About time too. Care to reveal incremental reporting by how many mins? Or will it be a "secret" so that people will not know when they should "desync" to avoid losing their vet 3 stuff?

I approve of this.
DuckOfDoom Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #83 on: February 07, 2009, 07:19:31 am »

Also, regarding the participating xp, it would be cool if you guys make vet 1 purchasable with pps on some units, like engineers/pios etc (ie the units that are  regarded to be utility/non-combat mostly). (comedy vetted Goliath option)
TymTest
« Reply #84 on: February 07, 2009, 08:46:23 am »

Also, regarding the participating xp, it would be cool if you guys make vet 1 purchasable with pps on some units, like engineers/pios etc (ie the units that are  regarded to be utility/non-combat mostly). (comedy vetted Goliath option)

actually not a bad idea. Might be easier to code that way.
Waffen 17th.SS Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #85 on: February 09, 2009, 01:35:25 am »

I'd like to share my thoughts and opinions, but I would to say before anything I agree with AMPM with most of everything he states.

Yes I am all for a new system, yes the DEV's have spent countless hours/discussions on the matter and now along with members inputs.

But there is one thing that sticks outs in my mind mostly about this New Vet system. That is the removal of the "Lose/Win" experience from units. For me this was the ultimate motivation, to do my best and fight my hardest in every battle, whether Win or Lose. If so a Win I earned it in every way from the combat/fighting my units went through, rather than a "purchase through a training ability" option. If so the Lost, at least I tried and this is the penalty that must be faced.

I just can't agree to a system where to every Vet you are about to gain you are subjected to a one point less system. And need to spent resources to train the unit to gain that Vet and proceed in that same matter to higher Veterancy. I agree there should be a up keep system for Higher Veteran Units so the spam of 5 squad call ins with Vet 3 wiping out new players is not common. But also nothing is fair in life and unfortunately in the beginning we all started out the same way. Fought our battles, got our butts handed to us in many games, but we improvised, adapted and earned our Vets in the right manner, through Combat. In my opinion this is the proper way I believe, and penalties need to exist in order to motivate the player from the fear/out comes of them. I also definitely it should never present a object of in any sort of way discouragement to a player.

It just does not make sense to have no penalties and to introduce a system of purchasable Veterancy. But I do agree if there is way to introduce a upkeep for having to many Higher Vet units, you should have ability that bleed resources from every game you win to have them in Fit fight conditions, like that of a training ability for that matter.

"War is the hardest on those with morals."
scrapking Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #86 on: February 13, 2009, 09:14:58 am »

Either be constructive or shutup... or I'll shut you up... Capiche?

It's about fucking time.   Grin
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

TinyPortal v1.0 beta 4 © Bloc