Account

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 15, 2024, 05:13:48 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Resources

Recent posts

[Yesterday at 01:23:36 pm]

[May 28, 2024, 01:28:23 pm]

[March 08, 2024, 12:13:38 am]

[March 08, 2024, 12:12:54 am]

[December 30, 2023, 08:00:58 pm]

[February 04, 2023, 11:46:41 am]

[December 25, 2022, 11:36:26 am]

[December 14, 2022, 12:10:06 am]

[September 22, 2022, 06:57:30 am]

[August 22, 2022, 05:10:35 pm]
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Buzzcutts coffee rant :) I'd like some cheese with this whine!!!  (Read 3392 times)
NCOIC Offline
EIR Veteran

« on: June 22, 2009, 09:47:39 pm »

OK besides my own vastly documented inability to play CoH well I wanna reiterate a few requests fer an armor doctrine junkie.

First I know that all is in flux with the mod and things are always being tweaked, secondly play balancing is an art so none of this is gonna happen overnight. Thirdly the devs are very busy trying to make EiRR the best mod out there and largely succeeding. So it is with the greatest respect that I proceed to pitch this bitch! Smiley

Ok ALLIED ARMOR INFANTRY NEEDS BETTER AT ABILITY pure and simply...the bazooka was issued from 43 on and while effectiveness was arguable at least they had them...SO PLEASE PUT THEM IN. They don't need to be sooper dooper killers but at least they will command some respect from german AFVs and not have to do the Saving Private Ryan stickie bomb rush nonsense which was TOTAL BRAVO SIERRA HOLLYWOOD CRAP. The Stickie bomb was an improvised field expedient device not general issue. Firing a bazooka from cover was the preferred method vs rushing across open ground to throw a friggin grease-covered sock (M1A1 MK2 GI SOCK) . I loved Saving Ryans Privates but after that first half hour beach scene the rest of the movie is tactically crap.

It seems that every schmoo axis squad has better AT weapons and even fire them from moving vehicles! Oh and firing an ATM from inside a house/halftrack is a total fairy tale..... anyone here remember BACK BLAST AREA CLEAR? The back blast would set everything on fire in the room/vehcle and burn the crap outta other troops! I personally watched a guys sleeping bag get toasted as he dodged out of the way from a stinger launched from our positions!!! (He slept very coldly that night! Smiley) So mebbe losing the AT HTs might be a good idea too but one step at a time shall we? Smiley

GARAND WAS THE BEST SEMI AUTO GENERAL ISSUE RIFLE IN WW2 PERIOD
There were better weapons but they were never issued to EVERY DAMM SOLDIER IN THEIR ARMY. So when I watch a bolt action rifle equipped unit put out more firepower than a garand equipped unit...... sigh words cannot describe

The HELLCAT COULD AND DID HIT SPEEDS OF ALMOST 50!!!! 50!!! MPH!!! It was a true 'shoot and scoot' AFV. So please think about speeding it up or at least hit the acceleration attribute if it is a possibility. I don't need the romulan cloaking device other than to counter the PAK ability. But the Hellcat was a very very fast tank so please reflect that in it's stats as much as possible

US MORTARS SHOULD BE ABLE TO BE TRANSPORTED IN HALFTRACKS. Currently at least in the armor doctrine they won't get in

BTW I know that this is a dynamic process and really really like the efforts that the developers are putting in to this mod. So while I don't expect to see these put in right away I hope that they will be implemented some time in the future. Also I don't want axis stuff nerfed either but at least lets get us to historical norms as much as possible....

BTW with the way i play none of this will probably help me personally but at least I will enjoy my losses better Smiley

OK I am going to get my butt kicked now so I'll post more later Smiley
« Last Edit: June 23, 2009, 12:50:28 am by NCOIC » Logged
AmPM Offline
Community Mapper

« Reply #1 on: June 22, 2009, 10:05:13 pm »

So...increase effectiveness of all allied units, and then increase the price to match?

300+ MP Riflemen?

Also, German army doctrine is different than American.

American army doctrine was that machine guns support the rifles. German doctrine said rifles support the MG.

Also, to increase realism, the LMG 42 needs to be boosted to have nearly the same stats as the HMG 42, and any hit with a bullet should inflict death.

ATHTs were actually really made, in fact they mounted PAK40's on HTs, meaning that little armored vehicle could knock out any allied tank at about 2000m....in 1 shot.
« Last Edit: June 22, 2009, 10:07:45 pm by AmPM » Logged

Scyn Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #2 on: June 22, 2009, 10:16:24 pm »

Sorry mate. But realism in this game is quite far and in between. And while I'd love to make it more historically correct and all that, I doubt any of us could devote the amount of time needed to revamp every weapon, ability, and vehicle in the game to make it more correct.

God is a genetically induced obsession that we interpret in such a way as to maintain our obedience.
Tymathee Offline
Donator

« Reply #3 on: June 22, 2009, 10:27:11 pm »

well, one thing, the Mortar for one was supposed to be transportable by HT with the 2.5 & 2.6 patch but it never seemed to work, can anyone fix this?

"I want proof!"
"I have proof!"
"Whatever, I'm still right"

Dafuq man, don't ask for proof if you'll refuse it if it's not in your favor, logic fallacy for the bloody win.
salan Offline
Synergies TL2 mod!

« Reply #4 on: June 23, 2009, 12:04:47 am »

Sorry mate. But realism in this game is quite far and in between. And while I'd love to make it more historically correct and all that, I doubt any of us could devote the amount of time needed to revamp every weapon, ability, and vehicle in the game to make it more correct.

heh, put in increased engine failure with vet on all axis vehicles Smiley

NCOIC Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #5 on: June 23, 2009, 12:49:53 am »

Hey there

Well I am not talking about the ATG mounted on the HT I am talking about the shrecks that are fired from the HT. A huge no no. But there was an american half track ATG too. How bout that fer allies? Smiley

I am not discussing the MGs but the rifle squads. I understand the doctrinal differences in their use.

The Mg 34/42 et al were very effective MGs and the 42 when tripod mounted had a fantastic rate of fire. I think you knew that Smiley But when carried as an LMG with a bipod they couldn't fire that rapidly if just because there was no way to keep enough rounds with the team. And barrels are heavy (they don't call the M60 barrel bag the f**k bag fer nuthin) In any event they seem to do OK and I didn't want them changed on either side.

Now the BAR was more ubiquitous than CoH models so while not an LMG  like the bren or MG42. Purchasing that seems to be pain in the kiester but hey whatever. But at least give the basic team/squad the garands rate of fire

About price increases...mmmm the actual way we won WW2 was to out produce the Axis. We just made so much stuff with our ramped up economy while germany never did go to a war footing production wise. So we could throw 5 shermans at one panther/tiger what have you. So actually US rifle squads WERE cheaper with mass production savings.

The problem is that there is no fair way to model that in this game. Tank fer tank the axis were generally better, at least optics and ordnance and armor. So except that I can't deploy 5 Shermans per 1 panzer in every battle. But I want at least some of the things we can model....garands, faster Hellcats yada yada yada Smiley

Scyn I understand the realism issue vis a vis time but mebbe some of the things can be implemented over time. You guys are doing a fantastic job so that's why I'd like EiRR to be as good as you guys can make it. I don't want the exact muzzle velocity of a sherman but I guess just modeled relative to other tanks fer example. So Tigers are tough to kill as are panthers (weak armor in the rear) Shermans are faster and more reliable and better infantry support tanks, Hellcats are fastest, and so on. Do I want the real 50 MPH of the Hellcat used? Nah just the faster relative speed to other tanks...Oh yeah I want a million dollars and prolly not gonna get that Smiley

Anyway let me again say that I really like EiRR and the players. And it is a huge effort to keep it all working right so it's more like if you guys can get around to it, it would be fantastic if some of the stuff could be implemented

Ok nuff fer now thanx fer the feed back guys
AmPM Offline
Community Mapper

« Reply #6 on: June 23, 2009, 12:56:14 am »

But, being a game, you need to represent power through cost.

So Rifles being more effective would need to be more expensive. In fact, with that high a RoF, we are talking 250+MP +MU costs.
Tymathee Offline
Donator

« Reply #7 on: June 23, 2009, 01:54:54 am »

i wouldn't mind more expensive rifles for a better more realistic garand/carbine/bar.
Demon767 Offline
Warmap Betatester
EIR Veteran

« Reply #8 on: June 23, 2009, 03:16:30 am »

i wouldnt say shermans were more reliable, just the logisticks. any facts you provide to disagree with m y opinion will be shuved aside because its my opinion lol and i dont care what you say  Wink

Generalleutnant of The Reichs Wolves

Nevergetsputonlistguy767
LeTon Offline
EIR Regular

« Reply #9 on: June 23, 2009, 04:28:00 am »

heh, put in increased engine failure with vet on all axis vehicles Smiley

So this would mean that your panther would come out on the field with a damaged engine? Tongue
Guderian Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #10 on: June 23, 2009, 04:38:08 am »

*sigh*

Eir customer support staff.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

TinyPortal v1.0 beta 4 © Bloc