Account

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
September 23, 2024, 08:38:26 am

Login with username, password and session length

Resources

Recent posts

[September 06, 2024, 11:58:09 am]

[September 05, 2024, 01:54:13 pm]

[July 16, 2024, 11:30:34 pm]

[June 22, 2024, 06:49:40 am]

[March 08, 2024, 12:13:38 am]

[March 08, 2024, 12:12:54 am]

[March 08, 2024, 12:09:37 am]

[December 30, 2023, 08:00:58 pm]

[February 04, 2023, 11:46:41 am]

[December 25, 2022, 11:36:26 am]
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: overwhelmed by allies players - mirror matches?  (Read 3923 times)
TheDrunkenSmurf Offline
EIR Regular

« on: June 30, 2009, 02:52:08 am »

It was some time ago when i started my last posting (calling for strike http://forums.europeinruins.com/index.php?topic=10288.0)in eir forums.

It looks like many followed my call to switch from playing axis to playing allies (because of unfairness of faction balancing) a huge thanks for this and keep it going! Axis who do not like how the axis factions get handled in eir, please do the switch to allies or stop playing eir for a while!

Now i want to asked the developers how the work is going on to build in mirror matches or give us the possibility to play brits against americans (would be fun)?
Rocksitter Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #1 on: June 30, 2009, 03:02:47 am »

Never..

Demon767 Offline
Warmap Betatester
EIR Veteran

« Reply #2 on: June 30, 2009, 03:03:25 am »

i would like to thank you, now i have more people to play  Smiley

Generalleutnant of The Reichs Wolves

Nevergetsputonlistguy767
Tymathee Offline
Donator

« Reply #3 on: June 30, 2009, 03:06:14 am »

It was some time ago when i started my last posting (calling for strike http://forums.europeinruins.com/index.php?topic=10288.0)in eir forums.

It looks like many followed my call to switch from playing axis to playing allies (because of unfairness of faction balancing) a huge thanks for this and keep it going! Axis who do not like how the axis factions get handled in eir, please do the switch to allies or stop playing eir for a while!

Now i want to asked the developers how the work is going on to build in mirror matches or give us the possibility to play brits against americans (would be fun)?

uh huh...i doubt it was all cuz of your post, we're still getting new players all the time and also people want ot play and if there's a lot of axis, might as well make an allied account. Its pretty conceded to think its all you.

"I want proof!"
"I have proof!"
"Whatever, I'm still right"

Dafuq man, don't ask for proof if you'll refuse it if it's not in your favor, logic fallacy for the bloody win.
scrapking Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #4 on: June 30, 2009, 03:49:02 am »

Not only are Axis at zero disadvantage, and possibly an advantage - especially when comparing newer companies - there is historically far less Allied players... probably about as many Allied players as only Wehrmacht, so... thanks?

If people are switching to play Allied instead of Axis, my guess is that it is due to either 1) being able to get a game easier or 2) their Axis companies are "finished" so its something new to spend time on or 3) both.  I know that the people I play regularly with, and myself, all prefer Axis, but play Allied to make games easier, or simply for a change of pace.

Regardless, I'll bet one of my toes that it had nothing to do with your thread or "unfairness in faction balancing"  , assuming it's even true at all that there are suddenly more Allied players.

I think you must be sniffing glue if you think there is some bias against Axis.
Duckordie Offline
Community Mapper

« Reply #5 on: June 30, 2009, 04:01:37 am »

wtf?

I play Allies becuse its fun,
Now when there are few axis, I might go axis, they are loads of fun

^<-- Duck ™ and ©

We need more axis players!:
Lt_Apollo Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #6 on: June 30, 2009, 04:10:09 am »

Man dont you guys listen to the devs, there in the procces of rebalancing the fractions, it just seems off due to the fact its an imperfict system and the devs are always trying to improve it. saying the dev team is biased against axis is just going to far. as it stands americans have never had mutch apeal, but now the dev team is trying to eliminate that and make playing americans as rewarding and enjoyable as playing any other fraction. i am an wher player, i see lots of aperant allied OP shit but from experance i can atribute most of it to actual plyer skill and style. realy if you think there is an imbalance voice your opinion in a long well though out post but please dont post short rage insiped remarks on how the dev team is biased against the axis and how allys seem OP.

Rocksitter Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #7 on: June 30, 2009, 04:19:14 am »

I posted this in another post but it seems like here it applies as well...

I think there are certain units on both sides you could call OP and when you spend your time putting some of those units together it can seem OP when on the receiving end.

I played a game with Arkanadas he used 3 command tanks with some Shermans that completely kick the shit out of our whole side it was a 3v3, now i could say Shermans with command tanks are OP but I think its just when you use certain units that are gimmicky if you ever played madden its just like the money plays that people exploit..

I chose to play the units I like while some people are looking for the most powerful unit for the best price, thats why when you see those gimik tactics that work alot of people will follow suit and start doing the same thing , if they never nerfed or fixed the boys AT you would see people spamming them to no end ...
Lt_Apollo Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #8 on: June 30, 2009, 04:27:13 am »

gimmicks sadly have always been part of the mod but realy some part that gimmick is actualy player inovation. it boring to play the norm, but just equaly boring to play the same gimmick, but befor you lable something as a gimmick look at the player and how he plays and his perticular style. i once played a guy who brought out 5 rangers for first call in, and then procced to try and drain our AT with light vehicles. while i orignaly labeld him as a gimmick player after talking to him afterwords he explained the reasions behind his company and why he would use his rangers to try to crush the ennemy start to stop them from setting up a defense, and then procceded to harras them to keep the battle feild flexable and moble so the axis could not use there support weapons. though the axis won in the end it was an intresting take on a game.
Unkn0wn Offline
No longer retired

« Reply #9 on: June 30, 2009, 04:33:43 am »

FYI We are looking into the CCT (& other command unit) stacking thing as we don't consider a good thing for gameplay (or balance)
spinn72 Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #10 on: June 30, 2009, 04:41:22 am »

Dont try mirror matches, it will make balance be even more of a nightmare.

Get the current balance 100%, we still don't know if all the doctrines will be balanced yet so there's something to look forward to, then we may start thinking about this.  It's not a critical problem yet.  Most people have an Allies and Axis Account.
Unkn0wn Offline
No longer retired

« Reply #11 on: June 30, 2009, 04:44:30 am »

I very much doubt you will ever see axis vs axis and allies vs allies in EIR.
TheDrunkenSmurf Offline
EIR Regular

« Reply #12 on: June 30, 2009, 05:42:11 am »

I'm sure that Europe in Ruins would benefit of mirror matches in a huge amount.

Man dont you guys listen to the devs, there in the procces of rebalancing the fractions, it just seems off due to the fact its an imperfict system and the devs are always trying to improve it. saying the dev team is biased against axis is just going to far. as it stands americans have never had mutch apeal, but now the dev team is trying to eliminate that and make playing americans as rewarding and enjoyable as playing any other fraction. i am an wher player, i see lots of aperant allied OP shit but from experance i can atribute most of it to actual plyer skill and style. realy if you think there is an imbalance voice your opinion in a long well though out post but please dont post short rage insiped remarks on how the dev team is biased against the axis and how allys seem OP.

Lt_Apollo thanks for your respond. I'm not trying to say someone is biased all i want is to show people that they have the choice by switching their side in case of disagreeing onto current state of eir.

I read many complains about eir units and all i want is that people draw the conclusions from their feeling and stop playing that side helping these mod to improve.

thank you much for paying attention
Mgallun74 Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #13 on: June 30, 2009, 05:54:04 am »

FYI We are looking into the CCT (& other command unit) stacking thing as we don't consider a good thing for gameplay (or balance)

noooooooooooooo!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! lol... had a game last night, my teammate had like 3 CCTs with a few shermans, they were rapid firing like the T17 lol... he owned a few panthers and others stuff.. was hilarous..  i lost control of my units as i watched him roll over the german stuff.

Ununoctium Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #14 on: June 30, 2009, 05:57:21 am »

wtf?

I play Allies becuse its fun,
Now when there are few axis, I might go axis, they are loads of fun
thats me too

Quote from: shockcoil
Quote from: CrazyWR
My tigers get penetrated by everything.  Its really really frustrating.
Your tiger is a whore
scrapking Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #15 on: June 30, 2009, 06:08:07 am »

I'm sure that Europe in Ruins would benefit of mirror matches in a huge amount.

Lt_Apollo thanks for your respond. I'm not trying to say someone is biased all i want is to show people that they have the choice by switching their side in case of disagreeing onto current state of eir.

I read many complains about eir units and all i want is that people draw the conclusions from their feeling and stop playing that side helping these mod to improve.

thank you much for paying attention

Firstly, you must not understand the purpose & intentions, the future direction of EiR.  There is ultimately going to be a warmap, which will show progress, based on each sides' performance - at the very least.  So no, actually there is zero place for mirror matches in EiR.

And as far as calling for a "general strike" on Axis play until the devs would buff them?  Aside from the fact that the reasons for doing it simply aren't true, aside from the fact that there are generally more Axis players on - and a shortage of Allied players...  I wouldn't expect a kind response from devs if they felt like people were trying to strongarm them into making balance changes.  They make changes for the right reasons, or at least try to - never because they are being manipulated or or extorted into it.  The very notion of that seems seriously fucked up, IMO.  To even suggest that takes quite a bit of nerve.

That said, there are certainly, as mentioned, aspects about any given faction which can probably feel "OP", and maybe you are seeing the same one used against you frequently - but you are apparently never seeing - or giving yourself a fair chance to see - the other side of the coin.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

TinyPortal v1.0 beta 4 © Bloc