Account

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
September 19, 2024, 11:41:28 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Resources

Recent posts

[September 06, 2024, 11:58:09 am]

[September 05, 2024, 01:54:13 pm]

[July 16, 2024, 11:30:34 pm]

[June 22, 2024, 06:49:40 am]

[March 08, 2024, 12:13:38 am]

[March 08, 2024, 12:12:54 am]

[March 08, 2024, 12:09:37 am]

[December 30, 2023, 08:00:58 pm]

[February 04, 2023, 11:46:41 am]

[December 25, 2022, 11:36:26 am]
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Training Advantages  (Read 3244 times)
Lemures Offline
EIR Veteran

« on: July 13, 2009, 08:11:48 pm »

Someone broke these when they reduced smoke to X/3.

They can only be bought in sets of 2 so it's no longer possible to get 3/3 smokes. Another point is that if the difference is too great you can only get 4/4 recon, 2/3 smoke 1/1 supply drops and have 16+ points left over...
IIPraeToriaNII Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #1 on: July 13, 2009, 08:18:02 pm »

i confirm....

fuck off...
arsonist123 Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #2 on: July 13, 2009, 10:49:19 pm »

btw why do the noob advantages give more recon runs then say airborne ??

thats really unfair =(.
but(ialsoconfirm)
salan Offline
Synergies TL2 mod!

« Reply #3 on: July 13, 2009, 10:54:06 pm »

will fix it.

anthony210 Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #4 on: July 14, 2009, 12:55:10 am »

btw why do the noob advantages give more recon runs then say airborne ??

thats really unfair =(.
but(ialsoconfirm)

Why is it unfair?  It is to give noobs some advantages.  Once you pass rank 5 or 6 you pretty much stop getting advantages.

Lemures Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #5 on: July 14, 2009, 08:44:40 am »

When I first started playing this version I could get 4/4 recon, 2/4 smoke and 2/2 supplies.

Once the extra supply was taken out and smoke #/3 I constantly had points left over when really I shouldn't, I think maybe any unspent points should go towards some other buff. If there are points left over the 'new guy' is being left in the cold and it's not worth them playing. Which reduces games being played.

It's bad enough being new and having no advantages, no vet, no doctrine unlocks and the training advantages help to alleviate this problem. Especially since I also know how to play. For anyone new to EiR it's kind of a bandaid fix Tongue but is obviously something that works especially if an older player helps smooth their start into EiR.
« Last Edit: July 14, 2009, 08:49:45 am by Lemures » Logged
anthony210 Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #6 on: July 14, 2009, 08:48:31 am »

When I first started playing this version I could get 4/4 recon, 2/4 smoke and 2/2 supplies.

Once the extra supply was taken out and smoke #/3 I constantly had points left over when really I shouldn't, I think maybe any unspent points should go towards some other buff. If there are points left over the 'new guy' is being left in the cold and it's not worth them playing. Which reduces games being played.

It's bad enough being new and having no advantages, no vet, no doctrine unlocks and the training advantages help to alleviate this problem. Especially since I also know how to play. For anyone new to EiR it's kind of a bandaid fix Tongue

I think Recon Runs, Smoke and Supply Drops are enough.  It is a huge advantage to have 4 recon runs (more if you have other players with recon runs as well).  Its much easier to attack or defend a position when you know exactly where the enemy units are and what kind of units they are.  Add in supply drops for free support weapons and AT and newbies have a good advantage.

Lemures Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #7 on: July 14, 2009, 08:53:30 am »

Yes but again, it's not an actual advantage unless it's used by a player, who knows what he's doing.

To a new player or even...an average to low skill player. These are here to level the playing field somewhat for their opponent having things like vet 3 units, doctrine unlocks, extra resources, etc. A few support weapons which still need to be manned and recon will not make it an 'advantage' over everything the higher player has.

Obviously if it's too powerful people will abuse the system but that's something different to be dealt with. It's already balanced by increasing costs as you get more of the same, but you can't always spend your points and sometimes by a LOT. Which is what the point was. Smiley
anthony210 Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #8 on: July 14, 2009, 09:06:21 am »

You cant even the playing field when skill is involved.  The more skilled player will usually win regardless.  If you give newbies so much that it takes skill out of the equation then we have a problem.

For example if you place two new accounts against eachother in a 1v1...  one controlled by a skilled veteran player and the other controlled by a complete newb.  And the veteran does not use any of his advantages and the newbie uses all of them,  I bet the veteran still wins.  Why?  Because he has been playing longer, has better micro and is overall a better skilled player.  You can give the newbie 10 off map arties and he would probably still lose.

Not to mention the abuse that would happen when good players smurf.  Not that it is not already happening.

Perhaps a good idea would be to allow for more recon runs and supply drops.  Allow the newbie to use all his TPs and get as many recon runs as his points allow. 
Lemures Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #9 on: July 14, 2009, 10:20:15 am »

Perhaps a good idea would be to allow for more recon runs and supply drops.  Allow the newbie to use all his TPs and get as many recon runs as his points allow.  

Which is all I was really asking for

Though none of those things I listed had anything to do with 'skill' Tongue
Ununoctium Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #10 on: July 14, 2009, 02:11:39 pm »

I think that we need an outlet for all this extra noob PP.
1 Supply 4 Smoke 4 Recon is a good start
And all the rest should go into a shoebox that buys shoes for the volksgrenadiers so the grens dont whine in the halftracks. Whining only begins after you pass the noob stage.

Seriously: noobs should be able to drop single flares like green or red smoke for no real reason. Maybe make the flares do nothing or give negative cover to a very small area but then the noobs might charge their blob in and thats no good. It would teach a lesson and lose EiR a player.

Quote from: shockcoil
Quote from: CrazyWR
My tigers get penetrated by everything.  Its really really frustrating.
Your tiger is a whore
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

TinyPortal v1.0 beta 4 © Bloc