Account

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
September 19, 2024, 04:24:58 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Resources

Recent posts

[September 06, 2024, 11:58:09 am]

[September 05, 2024, 01:54:13 pm]

[July 16, 2024, 11:30:34 pm]

[June 22, 2024, 06:49:40 am]

[March 08, 2024, 12:13:38 am]

[March 08, 2024, 12:12:54 am]

[March 08, 2024, 12:09:37 am]

[December 30, 2023, 08:00:58 pm]

[February 04, 2023, 11:46:41 am]

[December 25, 2022, 11:36:26 am]
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: What is your Strategy To Destroy Enemy Tanks  (Read 4737 times)
NightRain Offline
EIR Veteran

« on: November 15, 2009, 04:05:45 pm »

Now that I've played EIRR for quite a while I've noticed that tanks have a nice role in the meta gameplay. Destroy enemy Infantry/HMG and so on.

While Axis tanks are Generally better in Tank battles than against Infantry, Allied Armor is far more superior versus infantry.

In my own style I use tanks against infantry blobs and other tanks. I try to support infantry with my own tanks in order to give them maximal defence against whatsoever enemy tosses at me.

So far I've learned that every allied player counters axis tanks with a some form of a hand held AT infantry blob. Was it a PIAT commando, Airborne blob (3+) or Rangers. Axis tend to counter Allied tanks with their own tanks and in some cases, Panzershrecks.

As axis:A Tiger or a panther do well against any tank allied toss at me. As Panzer Elite I'm really lacking solid AT options. Usually I have to use Panzershreck grenadiers with a Marder or 50mm support to destroy enemy vehicles.

For Allied as British I'm lacking tanks to toss into the combat. So my primary AT relays on PIATs and on my team mates. As Americans when I had a company I prefered M10s to work as my AT. I had 4 57mms with 1 Ranger squad as a support in reserve.

As Axis I prefer to strike head on (Not as PE) The frontal armor of a heavy tank can deflect shots while I fire off some shots on the enemy vehicle. As PE I use a different strategy. Buildings (<3) and flanking manovers. While this is difficult I still manage to scare the tanks away or destroy them entirely.

As British I tend to use PIAT ambush to its maximal effect with a 57 in ambush nearby. It helps rather well as PIATs tend to shred P4s into pieces with usually 1 volley where 57 will either finish it off, or the PIAt squad already chased it away.

How do you counter enemy vehicles?

Because a forum post should be like a woman's skirt. Long enough to cover the subject material, but short enough to keep things interesting.
brn4meplz Offline
Misinformation Officer

« Reply #1 on: November 15, 2009, 05:20:38 pm »

My use of tanks is almost the exact opposite of yours. You mentioned how you use tanks to support the infantry and whatever the enemy throws at you. Where as my infantry exist only to support my tanks. Most fot he companies I've ever built had a minimum of Hand held AT. my AB companioes having the most. I think the most schreks i ever had(in a serious company was 4) the only exception to that is when i ran 10 storm troopers.

As either force I always have a tank on the field. As the allies you can't always have an Upgun sherman so you sometimes have to settle for the normal ones which is a bitch. M10's are another favorite of mine for infantry kiling potential and their potential for Fire and Movement(something Tigers can't really do)

As Axis, my tanks are the front line. I'll have a recon unit around to spot threats but the tanks are always trying to push or probe an area. the infantry are there fore mopping up, Holdint he ground and killing ATG's

He thinks Tactics is a breath mint

Wow I think that was the nicest thing brn ever posted!  Tongue

the pussy of a prostitute is not tight enough for destroy a condom Wink
Smokaz Offline
Honoured Member

« Reply #2 on: November 15, 2009, 05:24:10 pm »

I usually make sure to field mines if I'm worried about a vehicle heavy enemy. Having vet 2 stickies, at guns, volk mines and vehicle blockers are also important. In general I think at guns or at gun impersonators (geschutz, marder etc) do better than tanks against enemy vehicles because of their range advantage as long as they have support, while tanks are better on their own.

SlippedHerTheBigOne: big penis puma
SlippedHerTheBigOne: and i have no repairkits
SlippedHerTheBigOne: ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
jackmccrack Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #3 on: November 15, 2009, 05:25:48 pm »

I use combined arms to destroy enemy tanks.

Let's talk about PIATs in a car.
wildsolus Offline
Donator

« Reply #4 on: November 15, 2009, 06:18:32 pm »

Allied Armor is far more superior versus infantry.

how so?

fallensoldier7 Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #5 on: November 15, 2009, 07:06:36 pm »

For my AB company I use tanks to block enemy infantry that try to kill my AB.  Shermans in my AB company are expendable.

That being said, 2 AB squads is enough for me to kill most enemy tanks.  AB Elite means I can avoid getting hit by enemy tanks easily.  Sure, this won't kill an enemy tank as quickly as 2 paks or 2 57mms would, but 2 squads of RR's still get the job done and they are more versatile and easier to keep alive.

3rdCondor Offline
Donator

« Reply #6 on: November 15, 2009, 07:40:39 pm »

i like to use paks and usually multiple paks

No tits, but i will bake a cake then eat it in honour of Sir Condor The 3rd
fuck the pgren rifle, fucking dogshit weapon
My beautiful black pussy won
Demon767 Offline
Warmap Betatester
EIR Veteran

« Reply #7 on: November 15, 2009, 09:54:48 pm »

In theory Allies tanks should perform better against Axis Infantry. Except its quite opposite infact

Generalleutnant of The Reichs Wolves

Nevergetsputonlistguy767
Groundfire Offline
EIRR community manager
EIR Veteran

« Reply #8 on: November 15, 2009, 10:31:52 pm »

My strategy to destroy enemy armor is to not have teammates that shit their pants every time they see 3 T17s on the field at one time.

If everyone knows their job, communicates and dont bring their AT out piecemeal, then your eating the big cats for dinner.

Latest Shoutcast:
EIRR Groundcast 11 "The Super Dev Showdown!!"
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IOGm79rXWhU (full version)

Computer991 Offline
Donator

« Reply #9 on: November 15, 2009, 10:58:09 pm »

I use 3 strats(As far as terror goes)

as terror
I spam 18 mines(Or use to) and then used paks and shreks
Or
I spamed volk mines and then use a gechutz and a a shrek
Or if its a huge armor rush
I usally have 2 shreks on field and i pop ferocity and i can usually handle 4-6 tanks with that.

Tymathee Offline
Donator

« Reply #10 on: November 16, 2009, 02:41:24 am »

For my infantry, I tend to use my rangers early to knock out the p4s that people like to use to wear down your at and then bring on the heavies, so that leaves my at guns to tackle the heavies, usually works out...

my brits i try to hold my sappers on for a long a possible and if they go vehicle heavy bring out an extra at gun and when the heavies come a ff

for my pe, depends sometimes i start off with a panther, sometimes i have a lot of infantry to start, other times i may go with my favorite marder + two 50 mm's which rapes lv and td spam but has issues vs heavier armored stuff, sometimes i've got two panthers and 4 shrecks, it all depends on how i'm feeling lol

but basically, infantry i use my tanks to support my infantry since i have mobile cover, same, pe same, thats pretty much how i play.

"I want proof!"
"I have proof!"
"Whatever, I'm still right"

Dafuq man, don't ask for proof if you'll refuse it if it's not in your favor, logic fallacy for the bloody win.
AmPM Offline
Community Mapper

« Reply #11 on: November 16, 2009, 02:44:11 am »

I shoot them till they die from it.

M18's with AP rounds, ATGs, Panthers, Fausts, Stickies, anything that can hurt them. The trick is getting them to over extend.

lionel23 Offline
Donator

« Reply #12 on: November 16, 2009, 07:27:17 am »

Since the axis have much better weapon support available than allies (in terms of HMGs and Mortar/artillery units), I tend to stay away from AT Guns due to how fragile they are and how difficult they can be to defend.

I myself pack a lot of man-packed AT (in the form of Bazooka Rangers or Vet 2 sticky-bombers), with a handful of upgun shermans whose performance I seriously question and are the only reliable 'anti-tank'.  Used to be the M18 but since it lost its range bonus, the tank is just another blind tank destroyer, and the M10 is just way too fragile to vet up, as well as the constant misfires that go further to prove the point that while allied tanks should be theoretically better than their axis counterpart, they are not.  I'm forced to use shermans for the sheer fact it's the only tank that performs somewhat reliably (penetration still sucks, even with upgun, but at least it doesn't misfire).  If I did have it my way, I'd use a swarm of tank destroyers for anti-infantry, which I've been opted to do as of late due to how superior axis infantry is over american ones.

Now if I were British, easily mass firefly or cromwell companies which I had a lot of fun running with hull-down, it is nice to see a dug-in firefly bounce several P4 and panther rounds as it does its shots, or a pair of cromwells using flank speed/flanking manuevers to try and flank a tank, though axis tanks rotate generally fast enough to counter this, and not to mention get rear shots on you as you circle them while they always face their front towards you... meh!

Congratulations, dear sir...I must say, never before have I seen such precise gunnery displayed. - CrazyWR (on Leaderboard Howitzers)

Baine Offline
Steven Spielberg

« Reply #13 on: November 16, 2009, 08:01:19 am »

I shoot them till they die from it.

Same!

Hicks359
« Reply #14 on: November 16, 2009, 05:06:36 pm »

Usually i use my Pershings as Anti Tank, via hit and run Strategy.

If a T17 is present, i'll stun and beat the crap out of the Tank in question from the from with the Pershing and have the T17 hit it from the rear. If i decide the Tank in question absolutely *Must* die, then i'll attempt to block with the T17 to prolong the "Effect" of the stun from the T17. However, i dislike doing that as it feels pretty lame alot of the time when it's pulled off right.

If hit and run, or combined vehicles isn't getting the job done, i'll find a buddy with a CCT.

Pershing + CCT = WTFHAX. It's both a blessing and a curse that you *Have* to have a teammate to pull off that combination.
puddin Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #15 on: November 16, 2009, 06:21:19 pm »

I use my man packed AT religiously as everyone knows. 

And the rest of my army is based around supporting those units.  So if i keep them alive i can handle all the tanks for the most part....

Puddin' spamtm
i cant really blame smokaz i mean playing against puddin is like trying to fight off breast cancer. You might win and do it and be a bad ass but you'll feel sick and mutilated forever.

Puddin' spamtm is soulcrushing... what's hard to understand about that?
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

TinyPortal v1.0 beta 4 © Bloc