Account

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
September 21, 2024, 05:30:14 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Resources

Recent posts

[September 06, 2024, 11:58:09 am]

[September 05, 2024, 01:54:13 pm]

[July 16, 2024, 11:30:34 pm]

[June 22, 2024, 06:49:40 am]

[March 08, 2024, 12:13:38 am]

[March 08, 2024, 12:12:54 am]

[March 08, 2024, 12:09:37 am]

[December 30, 2023, 08:00:58 pm]

[February 04, 2023, 11:46:41 am]

[December 25, 2022, 11:36:26 am]
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: The Ultimate Trapcard  (Read 5910 times)
Tymathee Offline
Donator

« Reply #20 on: August 18, 2010, 04:22:51 am »

I posted that a while aog, but it is great.

After watching the video it looked like a Pershing AI fuckup more then anything. Sometimes Tanks just have this urge to race forward even if you issue stop commands or move orders.

i lost a vet 2 sherman that way. they just seem to like to rush after retreating infantry when u gave 'em an order to attack, which is why attack move is such a great command

"I want proof!"
"I have proof!"
"Whatever, I'm still right"

Dafuq man, don't ask for proof if you'll refuse it if it's not in your favor, logic fallacy for the bloody win.
Smokaz Offline
Honoured Member

« Reply #21 on: August 18, 2010, 09:50:38 am »

I usually use attack move on stuff I want to force attack, but what are people's experiences with using attack move with a P4 or a sherman, on a unit that is moving away from it?

SlippedHerTheBigOne: big penis puma
SlippedHerTheBigOne: and i have no repairkits
SlippedHerTheBigOne: ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
fallensoldier7 Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #22 on: August 18, 2010, 10:49:47 am »

If it's a Sherman or PIV (any tank actually) I always just drive it until it is at max range of the infantry (usually when the turret turns to look at the infantry) and then hit halt.  This way I can make sure it is at max range and that it stops.

Groundfire Offline
EIRR community manager
EIR Veteran

« Reply #23 on: August 18, 2010, 11:05:02 am »

Just hit "A" for attack move.

Saves you like 3 button clicks, does the exact same thing.

"Move until you find a target to shoot at, stop then shoot" All accomplished by attack move.

Latest Shoutcast:
EIRR Groundcast 11 "The Super Dev Showdown!!"
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IOGm79rXWhU (full version)

Eyeseeyou Offline
EIR Regular

« Reply #24 on: August 18, 2010, 11:07:36 am »

Why would you use attack move? Units already attack everything in their way. Leaving my units in the hands of a single button that's first grade witchcraft! A pox upon thee!

Attacking with a Pershing without AT support is always risky, especially if they have huge fucking tank raping Jagdpanther! Well I guess It's my pershings turn to shine on the leaderboards now!
Groundfire Offline
EIRR community manager
EIR Veteran

« Reply #25 on: August 18, 2010, 11:32:13 am »

Why would you use attack move? Units already attack everything in their way. Leaving my units in the hands of a single button that's first grade witchcraft! A pox upon thee!

Woah Woah Woah Woah....

Are you comparing CoH to Warcraft?

All im sayin is that, if you understand the mechanics of CoH, the way the ballistics work, stuff like moving acc., etc. then the optimum way to use your tanks 95% of the time is at max range at a stand still.
Attack move actually does this for you streamlining micro, eliminating 2-3 commands with one key.

Dont use atk move, hey, thats fine by me.

but if you want to see what its like to not have your tank stop and shoot at the first thing that presents itself, see exhibit A:  http://www.xfire.com/video/33b37a/
fallensoldier7 Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #26 on: August 18, 2010, 11:56:46 am »

Three things about attack-move:

You don't actually stop at the max range unless you have LoS on the target.  Also sometimes I notice that tanks sometimes creep up to closer than max range.

Attack-move doesn't consider the range buffs you get (sniper vet 3 or CCT for your Firefly) so you end up going back to normal range.

You can't target specific units with attack-move.
Groundfire Offline
EIRR community manager
EIR Veteran

« Reply #27 on: August 18, 2010, 12:10:15 pm »

Three things about attack-move:

You don't actually stop at the max range unless you have LoS on the target. 

True, which is why spotting is so important, still not a reason to not use atk move considering that manually halting and targeting an enemy unit doesnt yield better results.

Also sometimes I notice that tanks sometimes creep up to closer than max range.

Entirely reliant on the deceleration of the tank. Some tanks are better at stopping then others. Hitting halt instead of atk move is not gonna make your tank stop any faster.

Attack-move doesn't consider the range buffs you get (sniper vet 3 or CCT for your Firefly) so you end up going back to normal range.

Yes it does. Only limitation atk move considers is whether or not the target is within LOS.
If you have LOS and the range to hit the target, the tank will stop at that range (or close to it) and fire.

You can't target specific units with attack-move.

Its a gambit, but mostly the targeting priorities get things right. Which is why i put in my original statement that atk move is useful "95% of the time."
I know fully well that this isnt the case for some vehicles.

An example of this is that pretty much every allied tank will target a P4 IST over a 50mm halftrack because P4 armor is read by the game as a more dangerous tank, when the 50mm HT is far more deadly. This is one of those situations where you physically target over using atk move.
fallensoldier7 Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #28 on: August 18, 2010, 12:16:27 pm »

Halting doesn't mean just hitting H.  It could also mean turning your tank on the spot, which instantly stops your tank no matter how fast it is going.  And with my past vet 3 snipers I have yet to see the +10 range be applied with the attack-move command (which is what I usually use for my snipers).
Groundfire Offline
EIRR community manager
EIR Veteran

« Reply #29 on: August 18, 2010, 12:30:57 pm »

Halting doesn't mean just hitting H.  It could also mean turning your tank on the spot, which instantly stops your tank no matter how fast it is going. 

Didnt think about that. Thats gotta be incredibly situational though. I cant imagine you would voluntarily change your tanks facing that way at every engagement because that would probably expose your rear armor more often then not.
Still a good trick to know.

And with my past vet 3 snipers I have yet to see the +10 range be applied with the attack-move command (which is what I usually use for my snipers).

I dont think your looking hard enough, or your experiencing LOS limitations.
When Improved barrels still have range bonuses, I noticed instantly that pairing a panther with a bike and atk moving with the two meant that I had the LOS to use the range, and my tank fired without fear of having fire returned.
VERTIGGO Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #30 on: August 19, 2010, 11:22:51 am »

Damn I hate you and it's not even my Pershing. Impressive micro!

TOV units = intentionally OP marketing gimmicks
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

TinyPortal v1.0 beta 4 © Bloc