Account

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
September 19, 2024, 04:07:03 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Resources

Recent posts

[September 06, 2024, 11:58:09 am]

[September 05, 2024, 01:54:13 pm]

[July 16, 2024, 11:30:34 pm]

[June 22, 2024, 06:49:40 am]

[March 08, 2024, 12:13:38 am]

[March 08, 2024, 12:12:54 am]

[March 08, 2024, 12:09:37 am]

[December 30, 2023, 08:00:58 pm]

[February 04, 2023, 11:46:41 am]

[December 25, 2022, 11:36:26 am]
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Games are not fun anymore  (Read 24784 times)
Scotzmen Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #80 on: December 20, 2010, 07:07:00 am »

ussualy getting the most of a single unit and overrunning the enemy with sheer wieght of numbers and usually AI and AT capabilities on them. Kind of like the russians in WW2
Artekas Offline
Donator

« Reply #81 on: December 20, 2010, 07:14:59 am »

Military losses by the United Kingdom during World War II: 380,000
Military losses by the United States during World War II: 415,000
Military losses by the Soviet Union during World War II: 10,000,000

« Last Edit: December 20, 2010, 07:17:40 am by Artekas » Logged
Mysthalin Offline
Tired King of Stats

« Reply #82 on: December 20, 2010, 08:20:10 am »

Spam is a strategy, believe it or not.

Why should one rely, for instance, on something like Light Vehicles if he has no idea how to use them properly? It makes much more sense for such a person to get more infantry that he can actually make work for it's cost.

no-skill unfun overpowered bullshit

Key word - overpowered. Meaning a balance issue. Meaning - kudos to those who found it and can get it nerfed so balance in the game is achieved.

Also, say what you will - having a more efficient company than the enemy is the "macro" element of the game. Getting the most out of your resources. If you do well with your macro, you SHOULD beat anyone who you micro on even terms with, assuming he didn't do well with his macro. It's only fair.

If you're annoyed by it - adapt to it so you can send it back to the stone-age. If you're not cope with it - well, then accept your defeat and cry somewhere else.

shockcoil Offline
griefer & spammer
EIR Veteran

« Reply #83 on: December 20, 2010, 11:35:00 am »

agreed with myst. Spam in itself is not an issue, it is merely rewarding good company building. If you do not bring the sufficient counters then why should you not be punished by it? A good balanced company with a good commander will succeed just as well as a good spam company with a good commander. This has been proven by a lot of our better players who prefer thos style, demon and misten for example. Two of the most standard players in eir and yet still two of the best. If the spammed unit is inherently overpowered or becomes overpowered when spammed then we have an issue. However this is not an issue of spam as a tactic but one of fundamental balance.

A lot of people in this mod seem to think they should be able to play the way they want and this gives them the right to win games. This is not the case in any competetive game. Of course a good game should allow for all styles of play but this does not include whatever sub-optimal build you feel like doing because its the way you think everyone else should play. For example eir allows for a lot styles of gameplay, from say armour spam to balanced companies. A balanced company that does not bring enough AT to beat the armour spam should lose just as the armour spam company that doesn't enough inf to do basic capping should lose.

Ultimately eir should seek to reward all styles of play but not reward every failguy who thinks he should win because he plays a certain style he perceives to be more fair.

Lai Offline
Propaganda Minister

« Reply #84 on: December 20, 2010, 11:48:09 am »

There are different schools of thought; if you win with some kind of spam you leave one extra thing for the opponent to blame. Beating them straight up, while holding back and letting them exhaust every option in their company, is more satisfying. Either they don't realize what happened and think it was close (repeat customer) or they realize and feel completely owned (arguably a win situation too) Wink

brn4meplz Offline
Misinformation Officer

« Reply #85 on: December 20, 2010, 12:28:08 pm »

In most situations it's not even a case of "Not bringing enough counters" it's usually not employing those counters effectively.

I can't count how many times in the course of EiR I(or anyone) has been called a spammer because an opponents lost all 4 of his ATG's at the 15 minute mark. It's not spam but from their perspective it is because they ran out of things to stop it.

He thinks Tactics is a breath mint

Wow I think that was the nicest thing brn ever posted!  Tongue

the pussy of a prostitute is not tight enough for destroy a condom Wink
Spartan_Marine88 Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #86 on: December 20, 2010, 12:28:32 pm »

My biggest issue is that there are a lot of people crying spam when it isn't. I mean Spam has its place, but generally there are a few things that own spam. (canister shot, ist) So in a large manner things have toned down with only a few companies running dedicated spam.

As i was saying, i have been called a spammer of commandoes by more then a few people. I have 6 mando squads. Its just become a way for people to deny the fact they lost by a combined arms company.

Yes that's me, the special snowflake.
Smokaz Offline
Honoured Member

« Reply #87 on: December 20, 2010, 12:32:53 pm »

Imo the guys crying spam the most, are the guys who also are pretty bad. I sometimes get a bit sick of it, but I dont blame spam. However I will be upset if someone fields a company entirely without AT against me, or a company consisting of no-fuel units or AI because it seems highly tailored..

It's also pretty shit to get into a game vs buffed infantry spam.. and find out that all your dedicated AT like marders, paks and shreks have no use, becaus they simply have no fuel units whatsover

A lot of people here could have needed to play against Puddin a couple of times, he made good spam COMBINATIONS, like his unit would have 1-2 comboes that worked well together and he would invest heavily in that. and unless you outplayed his combo and broke it he would do very well with it, and it was usually very few differen units
« Last Edit: December 20, 2010, 12:36:42 pm by Smokaz » Logged

SlippedHerTheBigOne: big penis puma
SlippedHerTheBigOne: and i have no repairkits
SlippedHerTheBigOne: ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
shockcoil Offline
griefer & spammer
EIR Veteran

« Reply #88 on: December 20, 2010, 12:46:44 pm »

Most good spam companies works on combinations. It just so happens that most of the combinations involves a lot of ATGs on the allied side. There are exceptions like good old ab/croc but I think the cost-effectiveness of ATGs in general need to be looked at.

The no fuel company is a huge advantage with no similar disadvantage which could need looking at. However I have a feeling this is again due to the dominance of ATGs. If these are reduced in effectiveness then there is no way you can get away with bringing no mobile AT.
RoyalHants Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #89 on: December 20, 2010, 12:51:38 pm »

theres a fine line between spamming and not spamming imo spamming is when you either
a. buid your coy around either a broken/OP unit or a powerfull alround unit in other words plan to have lots(more than a normal player would have) of them and a few other things tto help them
b.get as many as possible no not lots AS many as possible going all out on them
c.exceeding the pool cost with only one unit type alone

Yeah calbanes, I mean - some people like smokaz are still yet to win a single game, even though they've been around here for years.

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

TinyPortal v1.0 beta 4 © Bloc