Account

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
September 20, 2024, 08:39:14 am

Login with username, password and session length

Resources

Recent posts

[September 06, 2024, 11:58:09 am]

[September 05, 2024, 01:54:13 pm]

[July 16, 2024, 11:30:34 pm]

[June 22, 2024, 06:49:40 am]

[March 08, 2024, 12:13:38 am]

[March 08, 2024, 12:12:54 am]

[March 08, 2024, 12:09:37 am]

[December 30, 2023, 08:00:58 pm]

[February 04, 2023, 11:46:41 am]

[December 25, 2022, 11:36:26 am]
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: [US] [Armor] WP Strafe  (Read 5134 times)
RikiRude Offline
Donator

« on: March 16, 2011, 12:19:30 am »

Worst off map ever, seriously, whose idea joke was this. Am I using it wrong? I assume it's for taking out support weapons on the field right? even with a group bunched up I still fail to kill any more than one or two soldiers, never enough to even decrew anything. I have used it a bunch of times, and thought maybe I was doing something wrong, maybe I am doing something wrong, but it proves to be absolutely horrible. I assume it's supposed to be comparable to say strafing run? At least strafe will usually kill quite a few guys and usually deman what you're trying to hit, and if it doesn't at least it will pin any unit in the area.

Am I supposed to be using this on units in buildings? I didn't think of trying that, but it's so bad at killing units in the open that that is the only conclusion I can jump to.

Quote from: Killer344
Killer344: "Repent: sory no joke i just had savage diorea"
... or a fat ass cock sucking churchill being stupid
8thRifleRegiment Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #1 on: March 16, 2011, 12:29:29 am »

lets be real, its a tier two, or tier one, its not suppposed to be godly, dont except much of it man, they cannt make it good then it would need to become a tier 3. its fine as is, just becuase yours failed, doesnt mean it needs to be changed

I will never forget the rage we enduced together

Ohh Good, AmPm can pay in Doubloons.
LeoPhone Offline
Honoured Member

« Reply #2 on: March 16, 2011, 12:59:10 am »

lol, compared to strafle run this is more like a strafle run that shoots 1 bullet. and precision strike is also a lot better than this.

I wonder what it is supposed to do indeed.
arent the WP rounds used to stun tanks?
Nijo Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #3 on: March 16, 2011, 01:15:22 am »

I thought this off Map is supposed to stunn support weapons? Like the Wp rounds from the old t17?

The Problem for me was that you normaly Never See paks for example untill it is to late.

The only Thing it would be realy cool is to stunn a 88 and then go in for the kill.

~nijo~
RikiRude Offline
Donator

« Reply #4 on: March 16, 2011, 01:16:38 am »

if it was a T1, it would make sense.

ooooooh it stuns the units? fuck! ok i have been using this wrong, i thought it was supposed to kill! i have been using this the wrong way then!
Tymathee Offline
Donator

« Reply #5 on: March 16, 2011, 01:38:52 am »

it's a stunner? it doesn't say that, the description says "Anti Infantry WP Strike" not "Infantry Studding WP Strike" I still think it's supposed to kill but doesn't.

it looks cool as heck tho

"I want proof!"
"I have proof!"
"Whatever, I'm still right"

Dafuq man, don't ask for proof if you'll refuse it if it's not in your favor, logic fallacy for the bloody win.
DarkSoldierX Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #6 on: March 16, 2011, 09:53:21 am »

You mean the airburst type thing? I hate that thing. I swear it hurts both my infantry and my LV's!

two words
atgs and fireflies
Looks who's butthurt
*waiting* 4 DarkSoldierNoobiX pops up to prove how much shit the T17 is penetrating KTs back and Jagd front and how much better the ac/puma is penetrating m10 rear  Cool Cool Cool
Groundfire Offline
EIRR community manager
EIR Veteran

« Reply #7 on: March 16, 2011, 10:00:28 am »

This T2 is lacking. I agree.

It's supposed to be something along the lines of Blitz precision strike. A dive bomb/support killer type offmap.

Would anyone object to making this a direct copy of precision strike?

Latest Shoutcast:
EIRR Groundcast 11 "The Super Dev Showdown!!"
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IOGm79rXWhU (full version)

LeoPhone Offline
Honoured Member

« Reply #8 on: March 16, 2011, 10:15:22 am »

You mean the airburst type thing? I hate that thing. I swear it hurts both my infantry and my LV's!

where in this topic does anyone speak of airburst?

how is a strafle(airplane) similar to artillery?
AmPM Offline
Community Mapper

« Reply #9 on: March 16, 2011, 10:50:56 am »

It's supposed to be something along the lines of Blitz precision strike. A dive bomb/support killer type offmap.

Not really. Right now it's just pathetic. Also, it makes my armor spam coy more effective!

RikiRude Offline
Donator

« Reply #10 on: March 16, 2011, 11:19:23 am »

All it needs is its damage upped. I'd say by at least 50% because it doesn't effect a big area, also/or make all units in the cloud take damage until the cloud disappears. Because the way I see it, it's supposed to be sort of like a poisonous gas right?

Another idea, is make it work like a button for a set amount of time, anything caught in the path has its sight reduced, but of course don't have it last as long as an actual button (which is like what, 20 seconds?), maybe 10 seconds tops, 5-7 would probably be best.
NightRain Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #11 on: March 16, 2011, 12:58:32 pm »

All it needs is its damage upped. I'd say by at least 50% because it doesn't effect a big area, also/or make all units in the cloud take damage until the cloud disappears. Because the way I see it, it's supposed to be sort of like a poisonous gas right?

Another idea, is make it work like a button for a set amount of time, anything caught in the path has its sight reduced, but of course don't have it last as long as an actual button (which is like what, 20 seconds?), maybe 10 seconds tops, 5-7 would probably be best.

While this thing already kills damaged halftracks and surprisingly DAMAGES vehicles 50% upping in damage would make it a miniature Henschel Run as a tier 2. No thanks. For evidence I've posted it long ago to a mod

Because a forum post should be like a woman's skirt. Long enough to cover the subject material, but short enough to keep things interesting.
Sachaztan Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #12 on: March 16, 2011, 03:07:34 pm »

Nah just nudge it upwards a bit and then we see where it goes. Something like 10% perhaps.

Demon posession is real and it's not funny, it's the creepiest thing you will ever experience.

I would also like to add I watch fox news everyday all day and will continue to watch it while being proud of that fact. I'm sure you enjoy your communist news network just as much.
Tymathee Offline
Donator

« Reply #13 on: March 16, 2011, 05:30:30 pm »

i would, hate mirror abilities. if u make it stun infantry that would be awesome, or just burn i dunno.

it is white phosphorus, so maybe it drops a bomb that explodes in the air and rains fire?
RikiRude Offline
Donator

« Reply #14 on: March 16, 2011, 08:01:08 pm »

I really like the idea of it doing no damage and working as a off map button that affects any vehicles/tanks for a short time, that would be bitchin' and there's nothing like it, and I feel like it would stick to the idea of a phosphorous kind of ability. Or yeah, scale up the damage slightly.

Also nightrain can you show me a replay or something of this being super effective?
brn4meplz Offline
Misinformation Officer

« Reply #15 on: March 16, 2011, 10:33:45 pm »

There are times where it scores phenominal hits and definitely pays itself off. Unfortunately it's targetting is a little messed up and it normally drops it's payload over a huge area.

It definitely needs work.

I find the idea of phosphorous stunning tanks amusing as it was tanks that used to load Phosphorous into thier smoke launchers to clear infantry off their vehicles.

It was originally conceived as a Support killer. Using tinted smoke bombs as a burn type effect. The idea is that support weapons take longer to escape and burn while infantry move relatively quick and escape mostly unharmed.

He thinks Tactics is a breath mint

Wow I think that was the nicest thing brn ever posted!  Tongue

the pussy of a prostitute is not tight enough for destroy a condom Wink
Tymathee Offline
Donator

« Reply #16 on: March 16, 2011, 10:48:07 pm »

ooh, WP smoke launcher sounds like fun Cheesy althought it could be abused horribly lol
RikiRude Offline
Donator

« Reply #17 on: March 16, 2011, 10:54:36 pm »

All sounds very cool! So the WP is a WiP?  Tongue
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

TinyPortal v1.0 beta 4 © Bloc