Account

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
September 25, 2024, 03:16:56 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Resources

Recent posts

[September 06, 2024, 11:58:09 am]

[September 05, 2024, 01:54:13 pm]

[July 16, 2024, 11:30:34 pm]

[June 22, 2024, 06:49:40 am]

[March 08, 2024, 12:13:38 am]

[March 08, 2024, 12:12:54 am]

[March 08, 2024, 12:09:37 am]

[December 30, 2023, 08:00:58 pm]

[February 04, 2023, 11:46:41 am]

[December 25, 2022, 11:36:26 am]
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: EIRR Doesn't Solve Company of Heroes' Underlying Problem  (Read 8556 times)
Mysthalin Offline
Tired King of Stats

« Reply #20 on: May 08, 2011, 09:23:33 am »

But what if their opinion is so wrong you feel insulted to have read it?

TheIcelandicManiac Offline
Resident forum troll. Fucked unkn0wns mom

« Reply #21 on: May 08, 2011, 09:24:43 am »

Then you just ignore the individual.

Quote from: Grundwaffe
Soon™
gj icelandic i am proud of u  Smiley
Sometimes its like PQ doesnt carrot all.

Work Harder
Mysthalin Offline
Tired King of Stats

« Reply #22 on: May 08, 2011, 09:29:54 am »

But then how will the individual know how wrong he is?
Unkn0wn Offline
No longer retired

« Reply #23 on: May 08, 2011, 09:30:47 am »

Stop trolling and get back on topic.
TheIcelandicManiac Offline
Resident forum troll. Fucked unkn0wns mom

« Reply #24 on: May 08, 2011, 09:34:30 am »

But then how will the individual know how wrong he is?

Regardless of him knowing that he is wrong or not you cant change his opinion unless you talk to him or change his opinion, if you dont do that then you shall just ignore him and let him be in his own foolish ways.

what ever after that is you own choice so if you really want to waste your time in trying to change his opinion to something that is right(torture or other thing) he do so but if you dont bother doing so the just ignore him and let him continue in his foolish ways.

Allso the topic is boring.
Mysthalin Offline
Tired King of Stats

« Reply #25 on: May 08, 2011, 10:21:55 am »

But Unknown, the OP hasn't responded to our rebuttal! We can't get back on topic as the topic is at a stage of stalemate with the ball being in the OPs court!
TheVolskinator Offline
Administrator / Lead Developer

« Reply #26 on: May 08, 2011, 01:23:22 pm »

vCoH. SAS - Sjarcians Inopportunate Strat.

1 E, 5 rifle start, fast BARs and fast nades. You overran your opponent within 15 minutes. I still havent lost with using that strat, ever. Well microed basic inf rape fucking everything. People always complain that I whore vet. Well, I have good reason to! If rifles are weak bastards, Id like to get the most bang for my buck, and that means a company full of veteran riflemen, better fighters, and tougher to kill. I can also focus on making my vehicles equally defastating once my infantry is vetted, because I dont have to worry about 2 riflemen getting gangraped by a single KCH or a couple charging flame pios. I do think, however, that units charging should be penalised. Anyone here that's played Red Orchestra knows that you seek out and whore as much cover as you can, because you can prop your rifle, SMG, or even pistol up on it to steady your shots and increase your rate of fire via shorter fire-aim times. In CoH, you can lolcharge up to cover if you have equal/+1 counts of troops, which is utter crap. I dont know how any of that would be resolved, but it might work if executed well.

Quote from: tank130
I want to ensure we have a 100% decision on the process before we do the wipe.
If not, then I wipe, then someone gets something they shouldn't, then it gets abused, then the shit hits the fan and then I ban shab.

Getting EiR:R Released on Steam

Forum Rules & Guidelines
AlterFrax Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #27 on: May 13, 2011, 12:19:34 am »

I fully agree with some sort of fire rate increase to units being charged against, or something along those lines, but that entire idea would nerf the shit out of any assault infantry, making them worthless.
8thRifleRegiment Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #28 on: May 13, 2011, 06:24:39 am »

Im sorry, but i disagree with the post, units are only as effective as you make them. Ive seen countless times axis players useing volks as thier mainline infantry and getting 5-10 kills on every sqaud, as far as thats concerned theyve served thier purpose. Same with rifleman, sure they look a little more expendable but they are cheaper, but they very underestimated.

People just asume they are cannon fodder and waste em out, try useing them like you use your special infantry like actually caring about cover on your rifleman, like for example panthers, two games earlier, i was on my infantry company and i brought out my triarge and i had ran out of rangers and only had rifles left, so i had to use them effectivly, rifles can serve any purpoise you need them to be

You just need to use them accordingly

I will never forget the rage we enduced together

Ohh Good, AmPm can pay in Doubloons.
Heartmann Offline
Officer of Kindness

« Reply #29 on: May 13, 2011, 06:35:44 am »

Luffwaffles are the same way tbh, i use mine like i would use my fjs, and i get 10+ kills on them granted they have a 33% acc buff in cover, and 1 fg42, but rifles have bars = suppression and then a nade, I would agree that they are cannon fodder thou, but that is the point,i some times use one non upgraded rifles to scare away tigers, know why? since the dude using the tiger should not underestimate the fact that i might have a sticky on them, which in most cases i do, and a eng dmg tiger is just a big chunk of immovable metal, that is much easier to take out.

Also this argument about being in cover, well tbh, there is a huge bonus in being in cover, appart from the received acc,  you also have no acc penalties for moving, so you do in a sens get better firing rate and dps, its ofc harder to hit moving targets, but No one in there right mind charges a inf with bars, unless they are using high speced units, like assault flammens or alike, since fjs might win, but they will loose men, and in a sense loose there effectiveness, and volks might not win at all, and even so you have the suppression and nade capabilities, so its a very good anti rush infantry.

Every time i see bars i go shit, well gotta make sure to kill them from cover or rush them will they are on the move, since apart from that ill loose since i have no suppression braking abilities, (TAlking as a Lufft player) so rifles have a VERY important role, they are the work horse just not the rider that holds the gun, they are the reason why the rider can cause dmg, they take out the atg so your shemans or crocs can ROFLZ stomp anything, they take out mgs and mortars to give u a support advantage, they do loads of things that are essential. But they are seldom the reason for the final blow, but by god i promise you, you in most cases will never get the chance to deliver the Coup de grace without them.

In the basement getting drunk.
It's not really creepy until I show up.............

- I've heard of being an animal in bed but...

- The phallic principle of the Navy Wink
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

TinyPortal v1.0 beta 4 © Bloc