Account

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
September 16, 2024, 01:10:03 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Resources

Recent posts

[September 06, 2024, 11:58:09 am]

[September 05, 2024, 01:54:13 pm]

[July 16, 2024, 11:30:34 pm]

[June 22, 2024, 06:49:40 am]

[March 08, 2024, 12:13:38 am]

[March 08, 2024, 12:12:54 am]

[March 08, 2024, 12:09:37 am]

[December 30, 2023, 08:00:58 pm]

[February 04, 2023, 11:46:41 am]

[December 25, 2022, 11:36:26 am]
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Q&A for EiR2 Development  (Read 18102 times)
brn4meplz Offline
Misinformation Officer

« Reply #60 on: June 28, 2013, 01:08:55 pm »

It allows things to die. The persistency that people play for is part progress, and part failure. No one would play it if your dude always gained veterancy even if they died. The fact that complete annihilation lurks around every corner adds to the experience.

Not only that but it would exist to shore up the skill gap in Keeping veteran Infantry alive vs keeping veteran tanks alive.

The ultimate goal is an increase in overall player skill. If your enemy completes a surround on your forces in EiRR right now, you fight a bit longer and then mass retreat and your dudes are mostly safe. If there are no retreat modifiers(or severely reduced modifiers) then position and manouvre become more important.

He thinks Tactics is a breath mint

Wow I think that was the nicest thing brn ever posted!  Tongue

the pussy of a prostitute is not tight enough for destroy a condom Wink
Baine Offline
Steven Spielberg

« Reply #61 on: June 28, 2013, 02:12:03 pm »

True. Elitegren noob question.

Nobody wants old EIR where everyone has vet 3 units after 2 battles for eternity.

Smokaz Offline
Honoured Member

« Reply #62 on: June 28, 2013, 03:21:53 pm »

So gameplay will be even more "let everything die"

SlippedHerTheBigOne: big penis puma
SlippedHerTheBigOne: and i have no repairkits
SlippedHerTheBigOne: ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
skaffa Offline
Honoured Member

The very best player of one of the four factions.

« Reply #63 on: June 28, 2013, 03:43:56 pm »

indeed

gonna also be harder to vet up inf, why bother, when you finally have a vet 3 inf squad they just get hunted easily on retreat

Quote from: deadbolt
bad luck skaffa>  creates best and most played eir maps
                      >  hated for creating best and most played eir maps

Quote from: Tachibana
47k new all time record?

Quote from: deadbolt
Don't knock it til uve tried it bitchface, this isn't anything like salads version. Besides u said a semois conversion would never work, now look that's the most played map, ohgodwhy.jpg r u map lead
EliteGren Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #64 on: June 28, 2013, 03:47:39 pm »

Stuff dies incredible fast in coh 2 as it stands, and people will prefer suicide companies over vetted ones even more than in eir, just so you know, because this is the direction you are heading. People like me and myst will enjoy this, while the average eir player will get frustrated by it. Also agree with last 2 posts

kill baine

i prefer to no u
Don't knock it til uve tried it bitchface, this isn't anything like salads version. Besides u said a semois conversion would never work, now look that's the most played map, ohgodwhy.jpg r u map lead
Sharpshooter824 Offline
I <3 Aloha
EIR Veteran

« Reply #65 on: June 28, 2013, 03:51:52 pm »

It allows things to die. The persistency that people play for is part progress, and part failure. No one would play it if your dude always gained veterancy even if they died. The fact that complete annihilation lurks around every corner adds to the experience.

Not only that but it would exist to shore up the skill gap in Keeping veteran Infantry alive vs keeping veteran tanks alive.

The ultimate goal is an increase in overall player skill. If your enemy completes a surround on your forces in EiRR right now, you fight a bit longer and then mass retreat and your dudes are mostly safe. If there are no retreat modifiers(or severely reduced modifiers) then position and manouvre become more important.

All this really does is promote what others have said, suicide companies, which for most players are NOT fun to play with. The whole motto and goal of this mod is to vet units up.

Rawr
brn4meplz Offline
Misinformation Officer

« Reply #66 on: June 28, 2013, 04:10:36 pm »

Stuff dies incredible fast in coh 2 as it stands, and people will prefer suicide companies over vetted ones even more than in eir, just so you know, because this is the direction you are heading. People like me and myst will enjoy this, while the average eir player will get frustrated by it. Also agree with last 2 posts

kill baine

Your mistaken, Russian stuff dies incredibly fast in CoH2 as it is because they don't have modifiers. As it stands right now in CoH2 veterancy has huge modifiers. Do you sacrifice squads in Coh2 gameplay right now? Because as long as the Risk/Reward is adequate players will make the choice in what they want to achieve.

I completely agree that using the EiR vet, having no modifiers on retreat would not be worth it. but that may not be the case for EiR2 and the increased veterancy bonuses.
Mysthalin Offline
Tired King of Stats

« Reply #67 on: June 28, 2013, 04:12:11 pm »

kill baine

False. I will NEVER enjoy CoH2 or anything about it.

smokaz and baine seppuku bukkake.

NightRain Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #68 on: June 28, 2013, 04:46:04 pm »

False. I will NEVER enjoy CoH2 or anything about it.

smokaz and baine seppuku bukkake.

his PC is operated by 4 hamsters. CoH2 requires at min 6

Because a forum post should be like a woman's skirt. Long enough to cover the subject material, but short enough to keep things interesting.
Smokaz Offline
Honoured Member

« Reply #69 on: June 28, 2013, 05:49:27 pm »

seppuku bukake in progress
MissileJoe Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #70 on: June 28, 2013, 06:04:50 pm »

smokaz devolved to forum-monkey
time takes its toll
« Last Edit: June 28, 2013, 06:09:36 pm by MissileJoe » Logged
Baine Offline
Steven Spielberg

« Reply #71 on: June 29, 2013, 07:27:38 am »

You mean evolved, if things get better it means evolved, not devolved, get your facts right.

Also seppuku your mothers!
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

TinyPortal v1.0 beta 4 © Bloc