Account

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
September 20, 2024, 12:48:31 am

Login with username, password and session length

Resources

Recent posts

[September 06, 2024, 11:58:09 am]

[September 05, 2024, 01:54:13 pm]

[July 16, 2024, 11:30:34 pm]

[June 22, 2024, 06:49:40 am]

[March 08, 2024, 12:13:38 am]

[March 08, 2024, 12:12:54 am]

[March 08, 2024, 12:09:37 am]

[December 30, 2023, 08:00:58 pm]

[February 04, 2023, 11:46:41 am]

[December 25, 2022, 11:36:26 am]
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Fight to last men and tank  (Read 9252 times)
donnieDark Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #20 on: March 08, 2009, 12:26:32 pm »

OK FIRST , why are we comparing the calli to a nebel?  What about stukas??  Plenty of times those are out in the open and they just outrun everything.  Ever try to have a calli escape a tiger ace? GL with that one.   You can even ninja pak or storm shrek callies all day long.   Just wait til the offmaps are put back in the game so we can complain about things that really matter.
Unkn0wn Offline
No longer retired

« Reply #21 on: March 08, 2009, 12:28:07 pm »

Honestly, this game the vet 3 nebelwerfer was much, much more cost effective.
Smokaz Offline
Honoured Member

« Reply #22 on: March 08, 2009, 05:22:56 pm »

Please Donnie.. You dont see the stuka wtfpwning an entire area with zillion rockets of doom either. The point remains that the calli has no down or weak side and to be quite fucking honest you are bullshitting out your ass if you pretend to say that stuka is comparable to the calli in uberness. Even two stukas would probably struggle to do as much damage as a single calliope barrage.

Its pretty sad if we have to bring tiger aces to take out a artillery piece JUST against armor doctrine because they get the silly willy calliope. Just by the comparisons alone here you can see how out of wack the calli is..

It was retarded how MI+RA was used to counter callies because it was so hard to get to them, I hope the devs see problem with the unit itself and do something about it

SlippedHerTheBigOne: big penis puma
SlippedHerTheBigOne: and i have no repairkits
SlippedHerTheBigOne: ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
gamesguy1 Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #23 on: March 08, 2009, 08:11:53 pm »

Calliope needs to be slower and with less hp.  I should be able to kill it if I can sneak a squad of double shreks up to it.

I kill hummels by sneaking M10s behind it all the time, calliope however can drive away from a sneak attack, it shouldn't be able to.

#Freek Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #24 on: March 08, 2009, 09:50:46 pm »

And while were at it, why don't we nerf the axis superior mortar, pak, and TA? 
Axis mortars need less range/accuracy.
Pak's need no cloak.
Tiger Aces need to be more nonexistent.

Then we'd have a balanced game...
or just Americans in different colored uniforms.
Smokaz Offline
Honoured Member

« Reply #25 on: March 09, 2009, 03:24:32 am »

Frek, try to realize that the unit you are claiming changing will make the the game more bland "or just americans in different colored uniforms" is uphelding the idea that a part of the game (the calliope) should be entirely out of wack  with every other rule, understanding and mechanic of the game regarding artillery. Its like the God of artillery. Do you not see a problem with this? And I'm totally with you regarding the pak which is in for a due nerf.

I have yet to see a single argument debunk the fact that the calliope is fast, able to take more hits than any other artillery, comes with its "oh shit smoke" button, deals awesome damage and is hard to dodge with no weaknesses you can use to destroy it. I also believe the devs are aware of the problems with the calliope at this point
« Last Edit: March 10, 2009, 07:58:30 am by Smokaz » Logged
#Freek Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #26 on: March 09, 2009, 05:05:42 pm »

Frek.. It is beyond obvious that you are defending your favorite toy, try to realize that the unit you are claiming changing will make the the game more bland "or just americans in different colored uniforms" is uphelding the idea that a part of the game (the calliope) should be entirely out of wack  with every other rule, understanding and mechanic of the game regarding artillery. Its like the God of artillery. You have to realize that something is wrong here. And I'm totally with you regarding the pak which is in for a nerf.

I have yet to see a single argument debunk the fact that the calliope is fast, able to take more hits than any other artillery, comes with its "oh shit smoke" button, deals awesome damage and is hard to dodge with no weaknesses you can use to destroy it.

Hehe, it is my favorite toy Smiley
Not exactly sure about the speeds stat wise, but I've had calliope's chased down by PIVs panthers before (granted, I had made the mistake of not having support nearby...)

I'm not particularly concerned about balance, every side has their uber units (ex TA, cally) their good units (pak, microed m10), and fodder (rifles, volks) etc.  If you balance (nerf/buff) one unit, another one will be next on the chopping block.

Lets say the TA gets nerfed, paks/axis mortar might be a logical 'overpowered' unit.
Lets say the cally gets nerfed, maybe rangers get it next? (I don't think allies have any UBER unit like the TA, so doctrines would probably be the main target of nerfers [imo]).

I don't mind if the cally gets nerfed-- if it becomes useless I'll just get some more armor [I have another Fre3k account w/o a cally, lots of tanks]
As for the americans in different uniforms, I basically meant the the ultimate end of continual 'balancing'.  Ultimately, I think we should take our cue from Relic, with slight modifications due to the... different nature of EiR:R.

PS.  Was the cally/airborne death from above doc a 'problem' in EiR days?  Sometimes I wonder why we went to EiR:R. Asides from brits and PE we lost more than we got imo. I'd have rather waited till they finished EiR:R beyond just the launcher.

[Plz don't ban me Smiley]

PS PS
Though, I do think the cally needs more pop cap.  As it is, 10 pc is rather... small.  A cally easily out performs 2 rifle squads.  Maybe 15 or 16 would be ok.  Would certainly decrease the amount of support for a cally, which despite critics, is necessary for it's continued stay on map. [I lost several callies to a tank chase down before I learned to support them correctly, of course, they we all *near* vet 2]
« Last Edit: March 09, 2009, 05:08:49 pm by #Freek » Logged
Benevolence Offline
EIR Regular

« Reply #27 on: March 09, 2009, 05:38:51 pm »

Increase pop of cally, there we go problem solved.

Anything more is harsh imo.
VariantThirteen Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #28 on: March 12, 2009, 06:51:55 am »

Whoa, Paks and the Axis mortar are no where near comparable to a cally or a ta.

Yes, the TA is imbalanced, but no Paks and Mortars aren't even vaguely near the same level.

Paks are countered by infantry advancing/arty, mortars have a plethora of counters that aren't hard to put into action. Hell, if all else fails, you can retard rush them with Rangers or AB.

Amis get rifles which are pretty damned good for "fodder", wtfhax elite infantry who can't be suppressed, as well as a plethora of excellent indirect fire solutions to the Axis support weapon problem. The Cally costs too little pop cap because it allows the Ami player to field too many units with it. A rape machine like the Cally needs to be a really special unit that gimps your team's abilities in another area to make up for the unbridled, and nearly uncounterable rape it causes in another.

At least the double cally - rush the jeep in - vomit all over the deploying units start doesn't happen anymore. That was the dumbest thing ever.
Schultz Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #29 on: March 12, 2009, 07:29:30 am »

Yeah i will agree, callis shouldnt be a one wtfweapon that you can perfectly protect with 25 pop. It should come later, where you can afford more troops.
It should be in line with the priest or close.

As far as tiger ace, i think it would be best if noone had it from start, untill he proved himself worthy of getting one somehow. He could use regular tiger till then.
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

TinyPortal v1.0 beta 4 © Bloc