Account

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
September 22, 2024, 05:32:44 am

Login with username, password and session length

Resources

Recent posts

[September 06, 2024, 11:58:09 am]

[September 05, 2024, 01:54:13 pm]

[July 16, 2024, 11:30:34 pm]

[June 22, 2024, 06:49:40 am]

[March 08, 2024, 12:13:38 am]

[March 08, 2024, 12:12:54 am]

[March 08, 2024, 12:09:37 am]

[December 30, 2023, 08:00:58 pm]

[February 04, 2023, 11:46:41 am]

[December 25, 2022, 11:36:26 am]
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Repairs.  (Read 2534 times)
Guderian Offline
EIR Veteran

« on: June 18, 2009, 04:54:22 pm »

So is this new repair system permanent?

Hmm well if it is then its a wipe for my old pe company...

if it's not, well then i finally can restore it to its old glory.

Eir customer support staff.
Warlight Offline
Donator

« Reply #1 on: June 18, 2009, 05:06:33 pm »

I think it is, though under the current system with my company layout, I can run my self out of manpower and fuel and still have enough munitions left over to buy the repair kits for all my vics short of the IHT's, which blow up on their own anyway.

Its not a terrible thing.  I just can't spam teller mines like I used to.
spinn72 Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #2 on: June 18, 2009, 05:18:44 pm »

I think this repair system is fantastic, solves most of the problems with repairs. 

The only thing i dont like about it and i would love to be changed is to make it that repair kits cost fuel as well.  There's nothing worse than seeing a panther bounce 2 shots on 1hp left and then it comes back a few minutes later with 80% health.  In essence you're getting 80% of a tank back, so if the repair kit cost maybe for a cromwell or something 50 fuel and 20 munitions it will make people really think about buying repair kits, because after so many kits, you won't be able to get as many tanks.
IIPraeToriaNII Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #3 on: June 18, 2009, 08:59:07 pm »

The only thing i dont like about it and i would love to be changed is to make it that repair kits cost fuel as well.  There's nothing worse than seeing a panther bounce 2 shots on 1hp left and then it comes back a few minutes later with 80% health.  In essence you're getting 80% of a tank back, so if the repair kit cost maybe for a cromwell or something 50 fuel and 20 munitions it will make people really think about buying repair kits, because after so many kits, you won't be able to get as many tanks.

i disagree...
this repair system has taken a lot out of tanks combat effectiveness and longevity, which is my favorite part of the game. i dont like paying the extra munitions for a repair kit that the engineer, only costing manpower, would do for free. now, as before, repair specialization doctrine unlocks also seem to further upset that balance to allow hit/spam and run/repair rather than staying within buffing armor/engine/weapons effectiveness(tungsen tipping/german steel/speed, etc) and effective strategic and tactical combat. including the fact that it reduces the amount of munitions i have available for upgrades on infantry making them less potent, bland and inevitably replacements and placeholders instead of allowing their true combat potential to be realized. so, as it is, i already do 'really think' about buying repair kits.  it seems im always far too short on munitions the way it is anyway and end up with too many vanilla 'replacement' infantry and a vast amount goodies i can only look at after paying for all the other mandatory units for proper core balance and counters. id actually like to see a higher munitions availability and/or cheaper munitions costs for upgrades, more manpower to fill in some more of those platoon boxes, slightly cheaper tanks or more fuel for more tank/vehicle warfare, and repair equalized across the board. mechanics just dont seem to have a place in the front lines, why not just get rid of pios/engies and give the abilites to other troops. when the war map and attack and defend objectives/bonuses/advantages are implemented, all those units may or may not be fielded if you havent achieved the objectives in the allotted amount of time or number casualties inflicted/received, forcing you to attack aggressively in some instances and tactically in others - including higher penalties against blobbing and buffing the cover to promote well articulated warfare - but i suppose thats still future.
just my opinion...

fuck off...
Latios418 Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #4 on: June 18, 2009, 09:01:09 pm »

The devs WANTED more infantry to be vanilla, so that part has succeeded. I don't understand the reasoning behind it, but whatever.

Anonymous 06/19/09(Fri)11:55 No.4931966

Is Akranadas in this thread? Fucker can't stop bragging about his "waifu taldeer" and cosplaying in an eldar farseer costume while shouting "Flithy monkeighs!" interspaced with random eldar gibberish.
EIRRMod Offline
Administrator / Lead Developer

« Reply #5 on: June 18, 2009, 09:04:08 pm »

The devs WANTED more infantry to be vanilla, so that part has succeeded. I don't understand the reasoning behind it, but whatever.
Again, thanks for letting us know what us 'devs' wanted.

In response to PraToriaN - lower munitions on things like grenades, mines and other aux items are being looked at, maybe even a 'use' purchase system, so you can dictate how many grenades, medkits, fausts etc you can buy.

Quote from: brn4meplz
Shit I'm pretty sure you could offer the guy a cup of coffee and he'd try to kill you with the mug if you forgot sugar.
Quote from: tank130
That's like offering Beer to fuck the fat chick. It will work for a while, but it's not gonna last. Not only that, but there is zero motivation for the Fat chick to loose weight.
Quote from: tank130
Why don't you collect up your love beads and potpourri and find something constructive to do.
Warlight Offline
Donator

« Reply #6 on: June 18, 2009, 09:11:20 pm »

To me, I find it better that 100% of the units on the field are their fighting. I like bundle granading repair mobs as much as the next guy, and watch there gibbed body parts fly.

Games seem faster, noone is bulling back behind their lines to repair.  ITs Fight Fight Fight.

And anyway, if you want your infantry to be at full potential, don't buy repairs.    If you want vehicle combat, your infantry are going to suffer. 

Now if they could only fix the heavy tank problem.
Latios418 Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #7 on: June 18, 2009, 09:12:04 pm »

And thanks again for assuming I'm talking out of my ass.

EDIT:

We wanted unupgraded infantry 'skirms' be a tad more common. They don't *suck* in combat that much, they only suck when they get faced off against upgraded infantry obviously, but everyone is affected equall

That's an exact quote from Unknown. Is Unknown not a dev?

Another edit:

I love how you stop responding after you've been proven wrong :3
« Last Edit: June 19, 2009, 10:46:08 am by Latios418 » Logged
IIPraeToriaNII Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #8 on: June 18, 2009, 09:31:04 pm »

And anyway, if you want your infantry to be at full potential, don't buy repairs.    If you want vehicle combat, your infantry are going to suffer.

and yes i already realize and experience that, did you think i didnt?
repair cost isnt as much of a problem as the overall lack of munitions or rather the munition cost of upgrades.
i dont expect to have a surplus, but even with the munition advantages, they still seem lacking.

are the ability to capture and keep-convert/selling for munitions and manpower, of on field weapons going to be implemented, as they once partially were?
« Last Edit: June 18, 2009, 09:35:38 pm by IIPraeToriaNII » Logged
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

TinyPortal v1.0 beta 4 © Bloc