Account

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
September 22, 2024, 02:45:47 am

Login with username, password and session length

Resources

Recent posts

[September 06, 2024, 11:58:09 am]

[September 05, 2024, 01:54:13 pm]

[July 16, 2024, 11:30:34 pm]

[June 22, 2024, 06:49:40 am]

[March 08, 2024, 12:13:38 am]

[March 08, 2024, 12:12:54 am]

[March 08, 2024, 12:09:37 am]

[December 30, 2023, 08:00:58 pm]

[February 04, 2023, 11:46:41 am]

[December 25, 2022, 11:36:26 am]
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Warlights thoughts on Doctrines  (Read 2444 times)
Warlight Offline
Donator

« on: June 25, 2009, 12:48:54 am »

My current job is one of those mindless ones in which I do mindless labor for 7-8 hours a day.  This means I think aboiut EIR that whole time.  And so I've been thinking about doctrins. Whether or not this all just for my own fun or maybe some of this wil get picked up on by the devs doesn't matter.  The doctrains need a bit of fluff and focusing in my opinion so I've come up with a brief bit on each doctrine. 

Basicaly its a Related quote, a sort of propaganda paragrpah, what units I think the dotrain should focus on, and what I think the bonus for said doctrains should focus on.  (I think that makes sense). 

There may be better quotes, but I'm perty tired right now.  Feel free to comment. 

Without further adou, err, adue?

USA

Infantry
“Follow Me!” -US Infantry

The infantry are the mainstay of the United States army, always on the front line slugging it out with America’s enemies.  With the infantry doctrine you’ll be able establish the front lines and provide a solid base of fire while your allies attack.  Or if leading from the front is more to your style; enlist the help of Army Rangers and lead the attack yourself. 

Key Units/Abilities:  Riflemen, Rangers, Support Weapons, Howitzer and Artillery support

Doctrine Focus: Support weapons/Defensive actions or Rangers/Offensive Actions

Airborne
“Rendezvous with Destiny” -101st Airborne

The United States Airborne infantry pride themselves in infiltrating enemy lines and accomplishing their missions.  With the airborne doctrine you can execute surprise attacks on vulnerable German positions and then fight your way back to friendly lines. Or, work with the U.S. Army Air Corps to rein death upon your foes. 

Key Units/Abilities:  Airborne Infantry, Airborne units, Air support

Doctrine Focus: Elite Airborne Infantry or Superior Air Support

Armor
“Old Iron Sides” -1st Armored Division

For what U.S. tanks lacked in armor they made up for in skill and determination.  With the armored doctrine you can overwhelm your enemies with the reliable Sherman, hunt their tanks with the Hellcat and M10 or spearhead the attack with the mighty perishing heavy tank.

Key Units/Abilities: M8, M10, Hellcat, Sherman, Pershing

Doctrine Focus:  Superior Tanks or Superior Tank Hunters.

Common Wealth

Royal Engineers

"The Sappers really need no tribute from me; their reward lies in the glory of their achievement. . . . The Sappers rose to great heights in World War II and their contribution to victory was beyond all calculations." - Field Marshall Lord Montgomery, 1945

This doctrine provides armored support for the common wealth’s forces.  With the Churchill heavy tank and its variations the RE clears out enemy fortifications and spearheading attacks.  Need to defend?  The Royal Engineers can do that too, with superior emplacements and better trained sappers the Engineers do it all.

Key Units/abilities:  The Churchill heavy tanks (AVRE and Crocodile), Sappers, Emplacements

Doctrine Focus: Superior British tanks or Superior British Emplacements.

Royal Canadian Artillery/Infantry

“The Strands of War are four in number, ...
I. The quality and capability of the commander.
II. The quality and capability of the troops.
III. Morale.
IV. Resources.”
- Lt.-Col. A.H. Burne, DSO, RA (Ret'd), The Art of War on Land, 1947
Artillery the King of Battle, and Infantry the Queen of Battle merged seamlessly into the Royal Canadian Artillery doctrine.  With Priest self propelled howitzers and 25 pounder emplacements they crack open German defenses and then pour in with Canadian infantry. 

Key Units/Abilities:  Infantry Section, Recon Section, Officers, Priests, 25bler

Doctrine Focus:  Superior Artillery or Superior Infantry.

Commandos

'Per Mare Per Terram' By Sea by Land, Motto of the Royal Marines Commandos

Commandos, flying into combat on gliders to attack the enemy from an unexpected area.  With a wide variety of weapons commandos are an army in on themselves, capable of dispatching any foe.  Masters of information war fare and special operations the commando doctrine helps its team in a myriad of ways.

Key Units/Abilities:  Commandos (of all shapes and sizes), Tetrarch Light Tanks, Battle advantages.

Doctrine Focus:  Commandos or Off-map support/Battle Advantages.

Wehrmacht

Blitzkrieg

"The art of concentrating strength at one point, forcing a breakthrough, rolling up and securing the flanks on either side, and then penetrating like lightning deep into his rear, before the enemy has time to react.”  - Field Marshal Erwin Rommel

The Blitzkrieg doctrine specializes in lighting fast attacks that defeat their enemies quickly.  Mounted or dismounted, any attack by a blitzkrieg player will be quick and violent.  Spearheaded by Tiger heavy tanks and Elite storm troopers no army can stop them.

Key Units/Abilities:  Storm Troopers, StuGs, StuHs, and the Tiger Heavy Tank, Rocket Artillery

Doctrine Focus:  Infantry Blitz or Tank Blitz.

Terror
“What good are all your planes, warships and tanks against the new German weapon?” - From a German Propaganda leaflet, referring the V1 rocket.

Masters of physiologic warfare, the Terror Doctrine breaks their enemies will to fight before grinding them under the treads of their indomitable King Tiger Heavy tanks.  IF they enemy is foolish enough not to run first, the terror doctrine has under its command a myriad of devastating off map abilities.

Key Units/Abilities:  KCH, Konigstiger (King Tiger), Neblewurfer, Firestorm, V-1

Doctrine Focus:  Terror Abilities or Terror Units

Defensive
"The enemy must be annihilated before he reaches our main battlefield...We must stop him in the water...destroying all his equipment while it is still afloat"
Field Marshall Erwin Rommel - 22nd April 1944

Defenders to the last, the defensive doctrine holds the line while their allies do the fighting.  Defending Germany’s gains to the death and help their side to ultimate victory.  Masters of fortifications, the defensive doctrine forms the rock for the rest of the axis doctrines to attack from, but don’t underestimate them.

Key Units/Abilities:  Volksgrenadiers, Pioneers, Bunkers, Flak-88

Doctrine Focus:  Fortifications or Support Weapons.

Panzer Elite

Luftwaffe

“With your eyes open, keyed up to top pitch, agile as a greyhound, tough as leather, hard as Krupp steel, you will be the embodiment of a German warrior” –From the Ten Commandments of the German Parachutist

Whether on the defensive guarding Germany’s Airbases or offensively in the form of Fallschirmjager airborne infantry the Luftwaffe played an important role in the ground war in Europe.  As a commander of these troops you can build defenses and support your fellows with German airpower.  Or go on the attack with the deadly fallschirmjagers.

Key Units/Abilities:  Luftwaffe ground forces, Fallshirmjagers, Flak 38s, Flak 88s, and Air support.

Doctrine Focus: Superior Fallshirmjages or Superior Air support.

Scorched Earth
"At Sevastopol stands the Seventeenth Army, and at Sevastopol, the Soviets will bleed to death."
General Jaenicke – Commander of the Seventeenth Army - May 1944

Masters of area denial the scorched earth doctrine supports its team mates by tying enemy forces up futile combats, while their allies move in for the killing blow.  Roadblocks and mines for deadly ambushes, artillery and healing support for their allies, scorched earth is a solid and dangerous doctrine.

Key Units/Abilities:  PE Infantry, Mortar Half Track, Hummel Self Propelled Artillery, Support Units (Healing)

Doctrine Focus:  Tough Infantry/Area Denial or Artillery/Support Vehicles

Tank Hunters
“In a man to man fight, the winner is he who has one more round in his magazine”
–Field Marshall Erwin Rommel

Masters of Anti-Tank warfare, no allied tank is safe when fighting against these vehicle killers.  Destroy your enemy with advanced panzerschrecks on Elite infantry, or with the best tank hunting vehicles in the game; the sight of your forces on the field will strike fear in the hearts of every allied tank crew.

Key units Abilities: Tank Busters, Infantry Half Tracks, Marder III, Hetzer, Jagdpanther.

Doctrine Focus: Superior AT Infantry or Superior AT Tanks.

I'm also working on list of bonuses/powers for each of the doctrains similar to what I've already done fore Tank hunters and Infantry.  Yea I have a fare bit of free time. 
Akranadas Offline
Honoured Member

« Reply #1 on: June 25, 2009, 01:17:11 am »

Very good write up.
Warlight Offline
Donator

« Reply #2 on: June 26, 2009, 11:56:41 pm »

So was this really that Blah, or did I just post at the wrong time and have it fall off the "recent posts" to quickly?

That whole "State of Balance" thread really killed the rest of the forum for a while.
salan Offline
Synergies TL2 mod!

« Reply #3 on: June 27, 2009, 12:04:16 am »

Its a great write up , i missed it earlier.

CryingWolf Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #4 on: June 27, 2009, 12:56:49 am »

Wow....That was awesome :3

Loved all the quirky quotes you had, Hope they add it to the doctrine choices somehow.
Loved the one about the V1 rocket thing Cheesy

Who's Afraid Of The Big Bad Wolf?
Demon767 Offline
Warmap Betatester
EIR Veteran

« Reply #5 on: June 27, 2009, 04:31:01 am »

PE ones suck but nice try lol

Generalleutnant of The Reichs Wolves

Nevergetsputonlistguy767
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: