Account

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
September 23, 2024, 01:24:23 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Resources

Recent posts

[September 06, 2024, 11:58:09 am]

[September 05, 2024, 01:54:13 pm]

[July 16, 2024, 11:30:34 pm]

[June 22, 2024, 06:49:40 am]

[March 08, 2024, 12:13:38 am]

[March 08, 2024, 12:12:54 am]

[March 08, 2024, 12:09:37 am]

[December 30, 2023, 08:00:58 pm]

[February 04, 2023, 11:46:41 am]

[December 25, 2022, 11:36:26 am]
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Smurfing  (Read 7022 times)
puddin Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #20 on: October 06, 2009, 06:34:12 pm »

TRhe Smurf was on my team, And not present in vent. 

Again, If a smurf is on my team, And i ask flat out afetr the game is launched, and while we are waiting to start
"Who are you what is your known or main acount?"  Just answer. 

I don;t care abotu ppl out to get me i am used to that shit, But if you want to play chilish ass games and waste everyones time in the game and not own up to who you are get the fuck out. 

Oh and brad, Akra found out it was me and did that as a joke lol. 

I smurfed, with my main company joking around, and no one complained abotu the build of it,. when they found out it was me sudddenly it became an issue again

Ironic Much?

Oh and that account was lockd on that name after a while i just made a vent account to match because i could not change it back.

Puddin' spamtm
i cant really blame smokaz i mean playing against puddin is like trying to fight off breast cancer. You might win and do it and be a bad ass but you'll feel sick and mutilated forever.

Puddin' spamtm is soulcrushing... what's hard to understand about that?
anthony210 Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #21 on: October 06, 2009, 06:50:08 pm »

I understand where your coming from Puddin but what your saying isnt against the rules.

The smurf does not have to reveil himself to anyone even his own team mates.  Sure, thats being a dick but its not against any rule.  He also does not have to leave the game.  He is not the one refusing to play in your scenario, you are and thus you should be the one to leave.  You always have a choice whether to play or not, and if someone smurfing is reason for you not to play then dont play.

Smurfing to grief someone is against the rules but the rule hasnt been enforced for some time if at all.

puddin Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #22 on: October 06, 2009, 07:02:36 pm »

By not reveling who you are, And And when asking are you on vent and not answering i consider that a form of greifing. 

ITs a simple thing. 

If your smurfing and that smurf joins a game I AM ALREADY IN they have to revel themselves if i ask.  Its simple. 

THEY JOINED ME
RubixCubed Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #23 on: October 06, 2009, 08:34:54 pm »

By not reveling who you are, And And when asking are you on vent and not answering i consider that a form of greifing.

ITs a simple thing.

If your smurfing and that smurf joins a game I AM ALREADY IN they have to revel themselves if i ask.  Its simple.

THEY JOINED ME

It seems this whole thing is more about YOU and not the other person. If he wants his identity to be secret or revealed he deserves what he wants.I just want to say that when you get on the internet its not just about you but its about everyone else who uses it.
puddin Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #24 on: October 06, 2009, 09:28:18 pm »

and when he joins the game I AM ALREADY IN, its time to drop the bullshit act.
anthony210 Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #25 on: October 06, 2009, 10:26:50 pm »

Thats a personal rule not a modwide rule.  He doesnt have to shit other than ready up.  You can choose to leave if you want.
RubixCubed Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #26 on: October 06, 2009, 10:32:35 pm »

just because YOUR in means he has to drop the bullshit act?
IIPraeToriaNII Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #27 on: October 06, 2009, 10:45:48 pm »

it takes a certain mindset to be, or want to be, or to create a smurf account, and for what...?
to deceive, to manipulate, to hide, to misdirect, to lie, to falsify, etc... why do these things to begin with...?
is it so hard to use the same name?   no, but for some reason they dont want to...
multiple personality disorder, schizophrenia, ADD, griefing, ill-gained advantages, a pro with noob stats, etc...? do they do this in 'real' life?

smurfing always reminds me of the ageless child molesters, statutory rapist, etc., hiding behind the internet and their alter e-egos,
and/or the smurf account the cops use to catch the smurfs, ha, smurfs catching smurfs...

"to catch a predator" dateline nbc

here's a perfect example...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LkI-Wlci5WA

i think there should just be one account per person, but with multiple company/faction builds under the same name:
one account per ip address/computer...why name changing is allowed is beyond me...PICK ONE FFS

if you want to know who you are playing with/against before the game even starts, you should be able to.

but,......whatever man.

fuck off...
anthony210 Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #28 on: October 06, 2009, 10:50:41 pm »

I agree, you should be limited to one account per person.  However this is not the case right now.

People smurf for many reasons but the primary reason would be people dodge their games if they dont smurf.  In most cases not because they are griefers but because their record is 90-1. 

So IMO unless game dodging gets removed then smurfing has to stay in otherwise some people would have to wait hours for a game or not play at all.

But anyway,  its currently ok to smurf and they dont have to leave the game simply because they refuse to tell you their main name. 
Malevolence Offline
Donator

« Reply #29 on: October 07, 2009, 12:39:13 am »

I am Two, Smokaz, Keeps, AND Gamesguy.

I think I was draken once or twice, too.

Akranadas' Greatest Hits, Volume 1:

Quote from: Akranadas
Vet has nothing to do with unit preformance.

Quote from: Akranadas
We are serious about enforcing this, and I am sure you all want to be able to have your balance thought considered by the development team with some biased, sensationalist coming into your thread and ruining it.
Dragon2008 Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #30 on: October 07, 2009, 04:10:25 am »

I just use the same name on all my accounts. Dragon2008 (Different logins though)

I don't understand why people don't jus keep the same name for all thier accounts. So what if someone doesnt want to play u thats there problem. Smurfer in my book r jus no skilled people who jus want to pick on new players to make themself feel good while making new players stop playing the mod.

PC Specs:

CPU: AMD Phenom(tm) II X6 1100T @ 3.3ghz
RAM: 4GB
Motherboard: ASUS M5A99X (EVO)
Graphics Card: ATI HD 6970 2GB
Hard Drive: 1TB
Malevolence Offline
Donator

« Reply #31 on: October 07, 2009, 04:17:14 am »

Honestly most of the top level players smurf or smurfed because it was hilarious, not for some insidious game-stacking fun-stealing process.
Smokaz Offline
Honoured Member

« Reply #32 on: October 07, 2009, 05:02:20 am »

Honestly most of the top level players smurf or smurfed because it was hilarious, not for some insidious game-stacking fun-stealing process.

Smurfing also gives casual players like Mal used to be (before he quit entirely to play this game professionally) a chance to compete with regular good players who play a lot and have beefed up companies. There's tbh no negativity in the smurfing on its own, the negativity around the action of smurfing stems from people who want to blame their lack of preparation or lack of ability to win against better players on some rules violation which had nothing to with the game in attempts to bereft themselves of the responsbility for a loss or hard game.

A opponent you dont know the company of or the player behind is the fairest game of them all, after you've played certain companies or players a couple of times you come to expect certain things allowed you to make last minute adjustment to your cookiecutter strat, which in the end allows you to counter his company more precisely. Its just how it is with a small playerbase. People playing me certainly expect large amounts of infantry, probably a sniper if its applicable and some kind of OP combination of BS that will help me and hurt them.

Good records on "Mains" also SEEM to stem from game dodging or stacking. Certain players have been fluttering around with amazing stats this war but they all were easy takedowns when I played them at least.  Meanwhile I'm packing 2-1 W/L on my accounts this war refraining from the epic stacking of my 54-0 american account last war, and the difference between my stats this war and last war I mainly attribute to having a major asskicking company last war (best EIR company I ever had) and being more indifferent about games I join.

I mean who actively "picks" on new players anymore, other than two-three known thugs which we shall not name? Its become much better, tbh. People are forming routine teams which take on willing challengers (like groundfire, crazy and o4b) and players know what they are getting into before games; comments like "nom nom pps" reveal that some matchups are being played out a bit more casually than normal.

Its much more cozy this days than players are admiting, kiss & hugs are abundant.
« Last Edit: October 07, 2009, 05:05:41 am by Smokaz » Logged

SlippedHerTheBigOne: big penis puma
SlippedHerTheBigOne: and i have no repairkits
SlippedHerTheBigOne: ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Jinker Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #33 on: October 07, 2009, 06:28:02 am »

I've been seeing people's smurfs joining a few games just to lock them up lately. Not cool.
IJustDontCare Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #34 on: October 07, 2009, 08:28:53 am »

IF i ask someone what their Non Smurf name is, I want to know it, Not telling could be considered greifing.

I don;t care who it is most time, But i don;t want tpo put up with that crap.  

IF someone asks, you have to tell, Don;t be a dick, type in team chat really simple.  

IF your going to smurf have the balls to own up to it

I smurf just to own u puddin Cheesy

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

TinyPortal v1.0 beta 4 © Bloc