Account

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
September 20, 2024, 03:44:07 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Resources

Recent posts

[September 06, 2024, 11:58:09 am]

[September 05, 2024, 01:54:13 pm]

[July 16, 2024, 11:30:34 pm]

[June 22, 2024, 06:49:40 am]

[March 08, 2024, 12:13:38 am]

[March 08, 2024, 12:12:54 am]

[March 08, 2024, 12:09:37 am]

[December 30, 2023, 08:00:58 pm]

[February 04, 2023, 11:46:41 am]

[December 25, 2022, 11:36:26 am]
Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: learning to play EIR/OMG gamestyle  (Read 10659 times)
CrazyWR Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #40 on: November 06, 2009, 04:59:21 am »

he is a legend

1. New tactics? it's like JAWS, first one in the water dies

RCA-land where shells fall like raindrops and the Captain is an invincible god
Malevolence Offline
Donator

« Reply #41 on: November 06, 2009, 06:47:59 am »

Just not THAT kind of legend.

Akranadas' Greatest Hits, Volume 1:

Quote from: Akranadas
Vet has nothing to do with unit preformance.

Quote from: Akranadas
We are serious about enforcing this, and I am sure you all want to be able to have your balance thought considered by the development team with some biased, sensationalist coming into your thread and ruining it.
brn4meplz Offline
Misinformation Officer

« Reply #42 on: November 06, 2009, 08:05:08 am »

There is being famous, and infamous. There is also being Legendary, and LEGENDARY!

then there is people remembering your name but not your skills.

As to answer the original question. I played Sudden Strike for 2 years, so the limited forces approach was familiar to me

He thinks Tactics is a breath mint

Wow I think that was the nicest thing brn ever posted!  Tongue

the pussy of a prostitute is not tight enough for destroy a condom Wink
Lai Offline
Propaganda Minister

« Reply #43 on: November 06, 2009, 08:56:54 am »

If you see someone called Torjado, watch out! He is commonly referred to as the 'destroyer of worlds' and he was already ancient when EIR was young

sgMisten Offline
Donator

« Reply #44 on: November 06, 2009, 09:25:14 am »

Started out by watching 1 of Salan's fantastic shoutcasts, got intrigued by the game...and told myself that I could do better than the allies in the shoutcast who kept blobbing into MG42s and dying.

Of course I proceeded to get owned for the first 10 games or so.

Then I found rangers, and artillery fortification, and OBM Pershing / Sherman goodness. And lightning war Wehrmacht. And the rest is history Cool

The key is knowing when to go all in to rout an enemy, and to slowly damage them with superior recon and ranged support weapons. Hit high value targets and destroy them, attack where enemy is weak, avoid where strong; else arty the shit out of that strong position.
Wnb 1337 Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #45 on: November 06, 2009, 10:40:58 am »

Well getting stomped all the time sure as hell doesnt improve you at all, as some people may say.
Sure i thought that 20 people saying same would be true but bah..

The way i have learned playing (even the smallest bit) is by experience. Hell, i downloaded EiR after 2 days gameplay of vCoh so i was utter newbshit when i came here, and hell yeah, i sure did fuck things up! On my side...
The reason i have learned to play is my team mates. I never have problems with a team since we.. Ehm.. "Waffen PP" *stack* all the time, with the same team, so it really backs up my lack of focus. I dont think that i have weaknesses in bacis overall, but more like lack of micro/focus on multiple units.

So if you want to get better, one way that improves your gameplay is getting better in teamwork, as that helps you up alot. And i mean alot..

Oh yea, forgot to mention. Just that i had same team usually, doesnt mean that i didnt get yelled at xD
« Last Edit: November 06, 2009, 10:46:10 am by Wnb 1337 » Logged

We Stack for Defeat!
We play for PP!
puddin Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #46 on: November 06, 2009, 09:37:30 pm »

I Got my asss handed to m a couple of games then i sat downa nd looked at the company I wanted to play.  Scrap king told me how i play, I tried his style... I endedup with arecord much liek his... about a 4-1 loss to win ratio.. Shitty. 

I liked armor, so i looked at allied armor.. I saw that unit call ins could be halved with any vehicle except a keep. 

Clown car HTs were born for me, Flammers and Rifles with bars and stickies came in them.. Soon i saw Lots of Late game INfantry un upgraded ownign my rifles, Grens and volks kickign my ass, the days when Infantry came out in around 80 pop casp late game, all un upgraded to kill you...  So i put Engis in Hts and had an 8 pop cap call in i could work with and 4 of those could Cap double time ( VEhicles cap and engin inside) And kill that pesky late game infantry... 

I got Hts costing 300 MP up from 150 i think. 

Snipers were also in my early builds, No one used them, And whn i say no one i ran into maybe 1, Ithey were 5 pop cap.  I vcovered them With Quads... Both got price increases. 

Calliopes broke up German blobs, Firing every 80- seconds,then every 60....  Ahhh the days of 150 Calli kills....  They soon got massive nerfs and have never found a place since, UNtill i saw yaxis use callis and i hold the line... What a fuckign reversal of roles. 

I tell everyone new to this mod the same thing... 

PLAY YOUR GAME, don;t try to be someone else.  Have fun your way and try to play it to your stretghs... Just because i am good at something doesn;t man u will be.  So enjoy it...

The worst thing new people can do, Is try to play someone elses strat before trying to find their own... Balenced, or unba;lenced, PLay to your game style. 

Puddin' spamtm
i cant really blame smokaz i mean playing against puddin is like trying to fight off breast cancer. You might win and do it and be a bad ass but you'll feel sick and mutilated forever.

Puddin' spamtm is soulcrushing... what's hard to understand about that?
Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

TinyPortal v1.0 beta 4 © Bloc