Account

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
September 19, 2024, 04:26:05 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Resources

Recent posts

[September 06, 2024, 11:58:09 am]

[September 05, 2024, 01:54:13 pm]

[July 16, 2024, 11:30:34 pm]

[June 22, 2024, 06:49:40 am]

[March 08, 2024, 12:13:38 am]

[March 08, 2024, 12:12:54 am]

[March 08, 2024, 12:09:37 am]

[December 30, 2023, 08:00:58 pm]

[February 04, 2023, 11:46:41 am]

[December 25, 2022, 11:36:26 am]
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Bugs that needs fixing imo.  (Read 3489 times)
Eternal Offline
EIR Veteran

« on: April 21, 2010, 10:05:58 am »

Just a list of a few bugs, that in my opinion needs fixing:

Infinite Repair on Roos:I hope that this bug will not survive the next patch but until then, put it on the exploit list so we can punish ppl for abusing it. In my mind this bug is as bad as nuke-assault-nades etc, and should have been taken care of long ago. It is not something that can happen by accident, and replays easily reveals if a player is abusing it.

Shoot through objects using attack-ground:Some might call this skill, I call it a huge bug, and using it an exploit. I have no idea if this is even fixable, but at least put it on the exploit list, so ppl can be punished for it. Again it is not something that happens by accident.

These two are easily fixable by just adding them to a list, and hopefully not taking up too much of the devs time.

Stickies through hedges:Another thing I believe to be an oversight by relic that we, the community, have for some reason accepted. Some will properly use the "starcraft" argument and say that it's not a bug, it's skill. I disagree completely, defending exploitable bugs by calling them skill doesn't really cut it for me. You could call the semi-ATG skill if that is the case.

The stickie however could not be fixed by just adding it to the exploit list. It is possible to give the order while the target is visible, and not having time to stop it, before it is too late. I do not know if's even codeable to fix this?

I do not believe that these are balance problems. All three above are bugs, and bugs imo should be removed.
Pak88mm Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #1 on: April 21, 2010, 10:10:22 am »

agree with stickies 1000%. I remember faust used to the same thing and all of the sudden it was called an exploit and bannable offense. the bullshit was stacked neck deep with that decision.

Exactly.

There is only so many times you can slaughter Lt Apollo, Rocksitter, and Alwaysloseguy24 before you get bored and fall asleep.

-GamesGuy-

Most Hated player in EiR....Pak88Mm
Groundfire Offline
EIRR community manager
EIR Veteran

« Reply #2 on: April 21, 2010, 10:29:38 am »

Looks like someone's been neglecting their troops near light forests.

Theoretically, my infantry should be able to walk through those, but the game engine doesnt allow it. Why should you be able to park your nebel/atg/tank in an un-harassable position like that? It does take skill to utilize, you are basically manually aiming that ATG.

And this is different that abusing the semi-auto AT shot because you are not abusing cooldown restrictions. Everything out side of that is fair game.

On a side note, I have never seen someone get repremanded for fausting through a hedge

Latest Shoutcast:
EIRR Groundcast 11 "The Super Dev Showdown!!"
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IOGm79rXWhU (full version)

Eternal Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #3 on: April 21, 2010, 10:34:14 am »

If we're using realism arguments now, I've got a whole lot of other things to add to the list Smiley
Groundfire Offline
EIRR community manager
EIR Veteran

« Reply #4 on: April 21, 2010, 10:41:56 am »

Im talking about game engine limitations here, not realism.

if you want shot blocking forests, go convince a map maker to put in some shot blocking forests.
CafeMilani Offline
Aloha

« Reply #5 on: April 21, 2010, 10:43:47 am »

Im talking about game engine limitations here, not realism.

if you want shot blocking forests, go convince a map maker to put in some shot blocking forests.

there we go, problem solved. make every mapper put shotblockers in their forests.

Eternal Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #6 on: April 21, 2010, 10:45:11 am »

Just add it to the exploit list, and its magically shot blocking. I do not believe that Relic intended people to attack through hedges, using attack ground.

"Any action that is not intended mechanics of the *CORE* vCOH is also considered an exploit for EIR."
Groundfire Offline
EIRR community manager
EIR Veteran

« Reply #7 on: April 21, 2010, 11:11:52 am »

But, you see this is not even recognized as an exploit from relic or GR. "Intended Mechanics" are subject to opinion and conjecture.

Going outside "intended mechanics" can go along the lines of "if there's no button for it, then it's not an intended mechanic"

All one has to do is hit attack ground and click a spot on the map. If theres a shot blocker in the way, it gets shot blocked. Doesnt sound like going outside the intended mechanics to me.

for all we know, when Relic created the forest splats for worldbuilder, they had designated a "forest thickness" rating system, and only the forest splats deemed as an impenatrable foliage recieved shot blocking, etc. etc. which would make no shot blocking forests an intended feature.

See, you can spin this a whole number of ways. Best to just move your shit when there's an ATG firing through a sparse forest tbh.
Smokaz Offline
Honoured Member

« Reply #8 on: April 21, 2010, 11:15:29 am »

I dont seem to get more than 2 repairs on my roos with the RE thing granting double repairs.

Attack Ground thing, gotta side with 'skill' there.

Stickies through hedges, grenades, piats.. game mechanic.

SlippedHerTheBigOne: big penis puma
SlippedHerTheBigOne: and i have no repairkits
SlippedHerTheBigOne: ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Eternal Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #9 on: April 21, 2010, 12:10:35 pm »

Fair. Lock the thread, it is pointless now.
EliteGren Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #10 on: April 21, 2010, 12:23:47 pm »

Wink

i prefer to no u
Don't knock it til uve tried it bitchface, this isn't anything like salads version. Besides u said a semois conversion would never work, now look that's the most played map, ohgodwhy.jpg r u map lead
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

TinyPortal v1.0 beta 4 © Bloc