Account

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
September 27, 2024, 05:20:04 am

Login with username, password and session length

Resources

Recent posts

[Yesterday at 09:37:35 am]

[September 06, 2024, 11:58:09 am]

[September 05, 2024, 01:54:13 pm]

[July 16, 2024, 11:30:34 pm]

[June 22, 2024, 06:49:40 am]

[March 08, 2024, 12:13:38 am]

[March 08, 2024, 12:12:54 am]

[March 08, 2024, 12:09:37 am]

[December 30, 2023, 08:00:58 pm]

[February 04, 2023, 11:46:41 am]
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Button,Cloke,Sticky,Hull down Oh! my!  (Read 2465 times)
ColFosters Offline
EIR Regular

« on: May 18, 2011, 08:57:45 pm »

Hello,

Though I would get a opinion or 2 if i post this bitch.

1st-    I know that some realism is used in this game. I.E> Thats where we get physics, units, abilities. So to start this off lets talk about some things in this game that can be balanced with some realism.

BUTTON -  I think the WW2 term is used to force a tank to close all vision ports denying the tanks ability to attack or target and allowing a counter measure to be preformed on the tank.  I.E> the thank is buttoned and lets drop some explosives on the tank.

Button- I think we all know how button is used in the game and it works 100% of the time and multiple units can use this ability. game play shows a bren gun  shooting at a tank preventing the tank from moving. Realism i would really like to see a bren gun stop a tank. (send me a video because i will personally drive the tank while you shoot at me with a bren gun and we will see who wins.) what i would like to see is maybe smoke on the tank preventing the tank from firring correctly for a period of time while still allowing the tank to move. Maybe allowing the bren unit to attach an explosive.

Whats your opinion?

Cloke- I think that cloke should only be used in light and heavy cover best example Falls cloke.  This ability is OP

snipers  cloke should be the same but you could attach a sniper to a unit to disquse it  I.E> command units attach in brittish company.

Sticky- This thing allways hits, allways does a critical, can be thrown 2 football fields.   This is one of the most OP abilities ever.     

Reduce the range and  no  option for crit if the unit was never damaged and 10% chance for crit at best if the unit is damaged....  but should be able to destroy flak and ATG.

I can clearify if your not catching what im saying. 

Thanks for your time to read.

Fanatic Resistance.

HULL Down- Units should not be able to hull down and fire in a fire fight. It should take time to hull down I.E> like setting up an 88.   There should be no immediate bonus till the unit completed the action. should be a defense option used to hold down a sector like a flak 88. 

Katusha Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #1 on: May 18, 2011, 09:14:10 pm »

I think bren button is OK, because it seems as I've played their range is pretty short,and its not instant, if they initiate at long range, you can back away easily and they've wasted the ability.

Stickies, same story, except the constant crit is very reliable, maybe there's a way to differentiate crits depending where you land the sticky, for ex. if you land it on the treads or back, you should be rewarded, but if you stick it on the front, should be way decreased crit

Cloak .. i dont agree with you, the units that get constant cloak are usually storms and snipers, which are very expensive with upgrades. Keep a jeep near and you can see stormies

Why should sticky be able to destroy flak? Flak is already a piece of shit. And if it could destroy atgs in one hit... imagine an army of stickies and tanks, lol im just gonna go sticky each atg and lolpwn everything else with tanks

Hull down.. agree time to set up is needed
ColFosters Offline
EIR Regular

« Reply #2 on: May 18, 2011, 09:21:47 pm »

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-4JQbgccR4Y

watch the video.....  thought it had some good ideas of how theses abilities should be used.
Tymathee Offline
Donator

« Reply #3 on: May 18, 2011, 09:59:10 pm »

eirr =/= realism.

one of the goals of eirr is to stay close to the normal physics of coh, not to edit things like that so you'll never see any of that.

Button as stated is not that powerful unless you get too close, other wise i enable it a lot and watch tanks get out, quite frustrating, I usually use it defensively.

Stickies - If ur getting stickied, ur not paying attention, nuff said.

cloak, - as much as i'd like a change, it wont happen.

"I want proof!"
"I have proof!"
"Whatever, I'm still right"

Dafuq man, don't ask for proof if you'll refuse it if it's not in your favor, logic fallacy for the bloody win.
Demon767 Offline
Warmap Betatester
EIR Veteran

« Reply #4 on: May 18, 2011, 10:13:14 pm »

forget about realism.

Generalleutnant of The Reichs Wolves

Nevergetsputonlistguy767
Katusha Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #5 on: May 18, 2011, 10:17:19 pm »

what are you saying EIR is more realistic than realism
smurfORnot Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #6 on: May 18, 2011, 10:31:47 pm »

he is saying gameplay > realism ...cant have both.
EliteGren Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #7 on: May 19, 2011, 07:54:11 am »

2. Reality arguments

This is a game and for the sake of balance EIRR will never be balanced based on what would happen on real life, this is the only way to keep it fun and I'm sure everyone will agree that is the way to go.

i prefer to no u
Don't knock it til uve tried it bitchface, this isn't anything like salads version. Besides u said a semois conversion would never work, now look that's the most played map, ohgodwhy.jpg r u map lead
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

TinyPortal v1.0 beta 4 © Bloc