Account

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 09, 2024, 08:29:26 am

Login with username, password and session length

Resources

Recent posts

[May 28, 2024, 01:28:23 pm]

[March 08, 2024, 12:13:38 am]

[March 08, 2024, 12:12:54 am]

[December 30, 2023, 08:00:58 pm]

[February 04, 2023, 11:46:41 am]

[December 25, 2022, 11:36:26 am]

[December 14, 2022, 12:10:06 am]

[September 22, 2022, 06:57:30 am]

[August 22, 2022, 05:10:35 pm]

[May 26, 2022, 10:13:22 am]
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Field Dressing  (Read 3821 times)
RikiRude Offline
Donator

« on: April 14, 2011, 03:51:12 pm »

It's a tough ability to make use of, does anyone have advice when using it? Other than I guess popping smoke when you use it?

Feels like FD should be about 5 cheaper for all units, and for engs it should be 5mu.

Quote from: Killer344
Killer344: "Repent: sory no joke i just had savage diorea"
... or a fat ass cock sucking churchill being stupid
TheIcelandicManiac Offline
Resident forum troll. Fucked unkn0wns mom

« Reply #1 on: April 14, 2011, 04:00:15 pm »

For me it was something usefull as like barsquads or flamers for you know that you are gonna use them against inf but popping smoke with the american officer and then using the ability was most usefull but for units like full package ranger squads from what i saw just got carbines when they were revived and they did not drop zooks when "killed",
use it with the american officer for smoke and it works fine but not for units like zook squads for they allways die and leave no bodys when they get gibbed,
well i did find a neat trick tough that you could just mortar an unupgraded rangersquad and then heal the full packaged ranger squad with the downd unupgraded ones but as i said they only get carbines when revived but it still works for SMG squads if they do not go under 4 men and then you are able to keep those smgs for a long time.
« Last Edit: April 14, 2011, 05:22:46 pm by TheIcelandicManiac » Logged

Quote from: Grundwaffe
Soon™
gj icelandic i am proud of u  Smiley
Sometimes its like PQ doesnt carrot all.

Work Harder
RikiRude Offline
Donator

« Reply #2 on: April 17, 2011, 10:07:00 pm »

these seriously need a price reduction, they are horrid, very very rarely do you actually get the chance to use them successfully. Have these ever turned the tides of a battle at all? I think they are a very neat concept, but I feel they just don't work. Anyone else use them and have a different opinion on them?
Spartan_Marine88 Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #3 on: April 17, 2011, 11:28:27 pm »

I think it should be free, as 1 your lucky if a downed man is only wounded, and not killed/gibbed. And getting off the fd is a miracle in itself. Either that or fix it so it teleports the wounded to them and alive.

Yes that's me, the special snowflake.
skaffa Offline
Honoured Member

The very best player of one of the four factions.

« Reply #4 on: April 18, 2011, 04:17:14 am »

Problems: 
1) you can only get to use when you have a 'wounded' man.
2) it takes too long to revive that man.

Fixing 1 would be nice so you can use it on the 'dead' soldiers too, making sure you dont waste the investment.
Fixing 2 would be nice so that you can use it a lot better during combat. RUN/SPRINT to your fallen buddy.

Quote from: deadbolt
bad luck skaffa>  creates best and most played eir maps
                      >  hated for creating best and most played eir maps

Quote from: Tachibana
47k new all time record?

Quote from: deadbolt
Don't knock it til uve tried it bitchface, this isn't anything like salads version. Besides u said a semois conversion would never work, now look that's the most played map, ohgodwhy.jpg r u map lead
Mister Schmidt Offline
Lawmaker

« Reply #5 on: April 18, 2011, 05:43:07 am »

I think it should just revive the fallen guy straight away, then he runs back to the squad or something.

and 6th " Main Thing " is you have to Chant " hare krishna hare krishna krishna krishna hare hare hare rama hare rama rama rama hare hare ".
"Seeing Bigdick in his full sado mask attire, David couldn't help but feel a tingle in his special place.."
spinn72 Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #6 on: April 18, 2011, 07:14:45 am »

I think it should just revive the fallen guy straight away, then he runs back to the squad or something.

they should receive some kind of incoming acc. nerf for 5-10s after popping the ability for balance.
Mister Schmidt Offline
Lawmaker

« Reply #7 on: April 18, 2011, 07:38:51 am »

Yeah I guess, but it definitely needs buffing.

Btw spinn I've pmed you about making a company for the scenario, can you reply please?
Groundfire Offline
EIRR community manager
EIR Veteran

« Reply #8 on: April 18, 2011, 07:52:37 am »

It needs to be "touch and go" tag or something. First guy that reaches the downed man revives him, otherwise it just takes too long and your squad gets shot to death.

Id like to see the remaining squad members provide some kinda fire support or something instead of them all running to get the wounded member.

Latest Shoutcast:
EIRR Groundcast 11 "The Super Dev Showdown!!"
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IOGm79rXWhU (full version)

sgMisten Offline
Donator

« Reply #9 on: April 18, 2011, 09:01:18 am »

Yea could use some tweaks. Usually end up with more casualties using FD due to being exposed to enemy fire. Very rare to actually control the battlefield to be able to pop the FD safely.

Plus a lot of weapons kill the soldier, so FD is difficult to use.
Hicks58 Offline
Development

« Reply #10 on: April 18, 2011, 09:23:07 am »

Wouldn't it be ideal if FD would simply allow the downed member to pick himself back up? Granted, not too realistic, but hey, we have people being healed by buildings by standing in a dotted circle.

Or, a potential replacement for FD... Instead of picking up a member off the ground, purchase of the FD replacement would allow a squad to reinforce up to 2 men at a Triage centre. Same effect, and you dont have to run into enemy fire to get your two guys back. As well as this, it balances it out a bit cause you cant just instantly replenish your guys in a fire fight, you have to go back and get them back. You can also cut the ability completely short by prioritising the destruction of the enemy's Triage.

I mean I know Obama was the first one in EiR to get a card. and tbfh the Race card is pretty OP. but Romney has the K.K.K., those guys seem to camo anywhere. So OP units from both sides.
At the end of the day, however, stormtroopers finally got the anal invasion with a cactus they have richly deserved for years.
pqumsieh Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #11 on: April 18, 2011, 09:28:01 am »

Seeing as you lose control of the squad during the ability it seems in line with previous balance decisions to provide the squad with -50% incoming damage and -25% recieved accuracy during the maneuver.

I also really like hicks' idea! 

PQ

Common sense is not so common after all.
RikiRude Offline
Donator

« Reply #12 on: April 18, 2011, 11:40:26 am »

Wouldn't it be ideal if FD would simply allow the downed member to pick himself back up? Granted, not too realistic, but hey, we have people being healed by buildings by standing in a dotted circle.

Or, a potential replacement for FD... Instead of picking up a member off the ground, purchase of the FD replacement would allow a squad to reinforce up to 2 men at a Triage centre. Same effect, and you dont have to run into enemy fire to get your two guys back. As well as this, it balances it out a bit cause you cant just instantly replenish your guys in a fire fight, you have to go back and get them back. You can also cut the ability completely short by prioritising the destruction of the enemy's Triage.

i really really like this idea tbh, if this was the case i feel that maybe even the current prices would be justified. lets say you can reinforce at a triage or your spawn point. i also have 2 T3s that "help my field dressings, but tbh it still isn't that useful. I mean I get 3 uses with the field dressing and I've only ever been able to use all three once on a ranger squad.
Mister Schmidt Offline
Lawmaker

« Reply #13 on: April 18, 2011, 12:07:37 pm »

Hicks stole my thunder Sad
Hicks58 Offline
Development

« Reply #14 on: April 18, 2011, 12:08:25 pm »

Dont worry, people are digging my main idea more. :p
skaffa Offline
Honoured Member

The very best player of one of the four factions.

« Reply #15 on: April 18, 2011, 12:59:49 pm »

hicks idea would be awsm, dooo it !
Hicks58 Offline
Development

« Reply #16 on: April 18, 2011, 02:13:00 pm »

Hrm, should I post a fresh thread in the suggestions to get some attention drawn to it?
RikiRude Offline
Donator

« Reply #17 on: April 18, 2011, 02:41:42 pm »

wouldnt hurt!
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

TinyPortal v1.0 beta 4 © Bloc